Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Rick and Morty Season 4; ABC Midseason 2020 Schedule
Miracle Workers Returns to TBS; ABC's Summer Fun & Games Lineup Renewed for 2020
Lifetime's Winter Ripped from the Headlines; PIX11 Holiday Lineup
Showtime Gets Vanessa Bayer Comedy Pilot; Jeopardy! Sees Who's the GOAT on ABC Primetime
Viacom's Comedy Central Renews The Office & Parks and Recreation; E! Gets New Jason Kennedy Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 18, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed


New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2014, 07:33 PM   #46
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
I admittedly would feel more open to the possibility that Rob Page is innocent of any wrongdoing were it not for that ordeal with the Corvette. Faking a signature, I might give him that. But moving the car and then lying about discovering it just makes me a little too uncomfortable.
You bring up a great point here. It took the police to poke holes in Rob's initial story for him to actually finally tell them the "real" version of events. Instead of sticking to his story though, he came clean (somewhat) about typing the last 4 sentences on the letter and signing Pam's name, and then moving her vehicle.

This is where it gets frustrating. Firstly, the UM segment says Rob came down the stairs in the morning and saw that Pam wasn't feeling well and he told here he'd go open their video store while she rested and went to the doctor. The UM segment says Rob left and opened the store at 8 a.m. You would think that someone (customers, coworkers at the store) could verify that Rob was there from 8 in the morning until noon (the UM segment says he left to go home for lunch). Now if Rob left the store, that would mean that someone else was there working in his place. So again, there has to be a witness to his whereabouts at this time. Rob then says he went home and found Pam missing, and then typed the added sentences to the letter and then signed her name. He then drove her car to the donut shop and called a cab to pick him up. Again, there has to be verifiable proof (and IIRC the UM segment did say that a taxi cab did respond to the auto store that day) as to what time Rob got in the cab and what time he was dropped off. So it seems somewhat reasonable that Rob was active between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. (Charley Project says 4:00 p.m., but if Rob went home for lunch around noon, he would definitely have "discovered" his wife missing before that). Now if Rob is guilty, where was Pam's body this whole time? And according to Charley Project, Rob returned to the store around 4 and showed one of his employees the note Pam had written. Why would he do this? Especially if he hadn't yet gotten rid of her body? This case is very similar to Paul Pollis. Pam was last seen around 8:30 p.m. by a coworker, who says everything appeared normal. So, if Rob is guilty, he had 12 hours to kill her, dispose of her body along with her clothes, pictures, one of the dogs, and (if he's truthful about the money) jack the money from the safe in the store. And then to appear at 8 a.m. the next morning without looking noticeably fatigued, weird, distant, etc. Not to mention that Pam may have gotten home as late as 9-9:30 that night, giving him less of a window of opportunity to do these things. And Rob remained at the same house for the rest of his life, according to Charley Project. Guilty people (Mark Nichols comes to mind) seem to want to move out and get away from a house where they committed a murder.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not ready to declare Rob innocent just yet, because the evidence tips in favor of him being guilty. But I do think there are enough questions in this case to think that there is a possibility that he was innocent, and out of embarrassment made up some of the story (and actions) that he did after she left.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:39 PM   #47
MegtheEgg86
Member
Senior Member
 
MegtheEgg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 4,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
You bring up a great point here. It took the police to poke holes in Rob's initial story for him to actually finally tell them the "real" version of events. Instead of sticking to his story though, he came clean (somewhat) about typing the last 4 sentences on the letter and signing Pam's name, and then moving her vehicle.

This is where it gets frustrating. Firstly, the UM segment says Rob came down the stairs in the morning and saw that Pam wasn't feeling well and he told here he'd go open their video store while she rested and went to the doctor. The UM segment says Rob left and opened the store at 8 a.m. You would think that someone (customers, coworkers at the store) could verify that Rob was there from 8 in the morning until noon (the UM segment says he left to go home for lunch). Now if Rob left the store, that would mean that someone else was there working in his place. So again, there has to be a witness to his whereabouts at this time. Rob then says he went home and found Pam missing, and then typed the added sentences to the letter and then signed her name. He then drove her car to the donut shop and called a cab to pick him up. Again, there has to be verifiable proof (and IIRC the UM segment did say that a taxi cab did respond to the auto store that day) as to what time Rob got in the cab and what time he was dropped off. So it seems somewhat reasonable that Rob was active between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. (Charley Project says 4:00 p.m., but if Rob went home for lunch around noon, he would definitely have "discovered" his wife missing before that). Now if Rob is guilty, where was Pam's body this whole time? And according to Charley Project, Rob returned to the store around 4 and showed one of his employees the note Pam had written. Why would he do this? Especially if he hadn't yet gotten rid of her body? This case is very similar to Paul Pollis. Pam was last seen around 8:30 p.m. by a coworker, who says everything appeared normal. So, if Rob is guilty, he had 12 hours to kill her, dispose of her body along with her clothes, pictures, one of the dogs, and (if he's truthful about the money) jack the money from the safe in the store. And then to appear at 8 a.m. the next morning without looking noticeably fatigued, weird, distant, etc. Not to mention that Pam may have gotten home as late as 9-9:30 that night, giving him less of a window of opportunity to do these things. And Rob remained at the same house for the rest of his life, according to Charley Project. Guilty people (Mark Nichols comes to mind) seem to want to move out and get away from a house where they committed a murder.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not ready to declare Rob innocent just yet, because the evidence tips in favor of him being guilty. But I do think there are enough questions in this case to think that there is a possibility that he was innocent, and out of embarrassment made up some of the story (and actions) that he did after she left.
I think you bring up some very valid points, but I still think he could have committed his wife's murder the night before and used the entire day or at the least the hours between noon and 4 PM (CP says he opened the store and immediately left to run "errands", according to his employees; UM may have said something different) to tie up his loose ends (i.e., conceal Pam's body or complete the concealment of Pam's body and/or the crime scene)--much in the same way I think Mark Nichols did when he murdered Christi.

I guess Rob seems a little too Stephen Marfeo-ish for me at this point. Again, I do think you raise some valid points, especially the embarrassment factor Pam leaving him for a woman could have had on him.
__________________
"Why is she lying?, it makes me wonder. What is she hiding?, it makes me wonder."

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #48
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,678
Default

Was Rob ever named a suspect, or was he simply a person of interest? I believe the cops knew he did it, but without Pam's body, there was still the miniscule chance that Pam simply ran off to start a new life.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:59 PM   #49
Drakken
Member
Forum Regular
 
Drakken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 21, 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Don't get me wrong, I'm not ready to declare Rob innocent just yet, because the evidence tips in favor of him being guilty. But I do think there are enough questions in this case to think that there is a possibility that he was innocent, and out of embarrassment made up some of the story (and actions) that he did after she left.
The thing is, nothing points legally to Rob Page being guilty enough to warrant an arrest. Nothing points, legally again, that a crime of murder had even been committed.

I am fairly certain that even LE was certain that Rob Page was involved in his wife's disappearance, but they could never prove with reasonable evidence that the crime had been committed and they were advised not to go for an arrest. All that was sketchy about his acccount, he admitted to being lieing because he was ashamed. However, there was no evidence that might contradict the rest of his account. There was no crime scene, no likely weapon, no bodily or organic traces (like blood stains, grease, or signs of struggle). She literally vanished without trace.

There was no meat at all for the prosecution to secure a guilty verdict. Because of the slight, yet reasonable doubt that Pam Page might indeed have run off with the money and die afterwards it would have not passed the grand jury.
Drakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:02 AM   #50
wiseguy182
Member
Senior Member
 
wiseguy182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 11, 2006
Location: Wendy's salad bar
Posts: 6,907
Default

After doing some freeze-framing, I was able to make out a good chunk of the letter.

Top portion:

"I was going to write this but every time my hand started shaking.

You may have already figured out what is happening. Sarah said I shouldn't write you a letter, but you deserve an explanation.

By the time you read this, I will be a long way from here. Right now I am not even sure where we are going to. I'm not coming back either. I have thought this thing out and have been planning for several months. I thought I could go back home but it just isn't right. I know this now since my trip. I'm leaving because I'm not happy and I know you're not either. I thought living back home would make me happy, it won't, I know this now. I guess I really don't know what will really make me happy, but I have to find it. I do know we that we are not happy together and we haven't been in so long I can't remember anymore.

You have changed so much over the years and each year we keep getting further apart. We don't love each other and I'm not sure if we ever(y) really did. I'm not sure what real love is but it has to be better than this. We are only existing together and it is making me crazy. I really care about you but I have to start doing something for me. I'm tired of trying to please everyone in the world except myself. I'm tired of being nice to you, the girls, the members, my family. Your family and everyone else are getting nothing in return. The only one who can find happiness for me is myself.

The only real friend I feel I have is Sarah...

End portion:

"I am going to take the pictures. You never look at them anyways.

Please don't worry about us we will be alright. Between Sarah and me we will have plenty of money to take care of ourselves.

Promise you will eat right, you have always been bad about that when I have been gone. You can't live on cereal and pizza all of your life.

You can tell the members whatever you want to make it easier on you and the girls.

I have always thought you were going out on me even though I don't know when you would have had time to. If you are I guess I don't really blame you, but I'm glad I never found out, I don't know exactly what I would have done. If you never have, I'm sorry I mistrusted you. I never went out on you, I always hoped someday things would change with us. I know now that isn't possible. I'm sure there must be someone out there who is right for me and you because we sure aren't right for each other. Sarah is looking for the same thing and together I think we will find it.

Take care of Killer."

Wow. My initial thoughts.

-There are quite a few grammatical errors in this. It sounds very choppy and seems to come from someone who struggled through high school English courses. I don't know if that points more towards Rob or Pam though. No true spelling errors though, which is weird, but maybe the computer had spellcheck.

-I assume "Killer" is their other daschund.

-The writer makes several references to "the members". At first I thought family members, but since the writer also uses the term "my family" that doesn't appear to be correct. Who are "the members"? The video store customers?

I'll have to re-read this, it's long and there's so much packed into it, some of it will have to sink in.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:57 AM   #51
Hambone2421
Member
Senior Member
 
Hambone2421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
After doing some freeze-framing, I was able to make out a good chunk of the letter.

Top portion:

"I was going to write this but every time my hand started shaking.

You may have already figured out what is happening. Sarah said I shouldn't write you a letter, but you deserve an explanation.

By the time you read this, I will be a long way from here. Right now I am not even sure where we are going to. I'm not coming back either. I have thought this thing out and have been planning for several months. I thought I could go back home but it just isn't right. I know this now since my trip. I'm leaving because I'm not happy and I know you're not either. I thought living back home would make me happy, it won't, I know this now. I guess I really don't know what will really make me happy, but I have to find it. I do know we that we are not happy together and we haven't been in so long I can't remember anymore.

You have changed so much over the years and each year we keep getting further apart. We don't love each other and I'm not sure if we ever(y) really did. I'm not sure what real love is but it has to be better than this. We are only existing together and it is making me crazy. I really care about you but I have to start doing something for me. I'm tired of trying to please everyone in the world except myself. I'm tired of being nice to you, the girls, the members, my family. Your family and everyone else are getting nothing in return. The only one who can find happiness for me is myself.

The only real friend I feel I have is Sarah...

End portion:

"I am going to take the pictures. You never look at them anyways.

Please don't worry about us we will be alright. Between Sarah and me we will have plenty of money to take care of ourselves.

Promise you will eat right, you have always been bad about that when I have been gone. You can't live on cereal and pizza all of your life.

You can tell the members whatever you want to make it easier on you and the girls.

I have always thought you were going out on me even though I don't know when you would have had time to. If you are I guess I don't really blame you, but I'm glad I never found out, I don't know exactly what I would have done. If you never have, I'm sorry I mistrusted you. I never went out on you, I always hoped someday things would change with us. I know now that isn't possible. I'm sure there must be someone out there who is right for me and you because we sure aren't right for each other. Sarah is looking for the same thing and together I think we will find it.

Take care of Killer."

Wow. My initial thoughts.

-There are quite a few grammatical errors in this. It sounds very choppy and seems to come from someone who struggled through high school English courses. I don't know if that points more towards Rob or Pam though. No true spelling errors though, which is weird, but maybe the computer had spellcheck.

-I assume "Killer" is their other daschund.

-The writer makes several references to "the members". At first I thought family members, but since the writer also uses the term "my family" that doesn't appear to be correct. Who are "the members"? The video store customers?

I'll have to re-read this, it's long and there's so much packed into it, some of it will have to sink in.
Nice job, wiseguy!

I assume "members" means video store members. Since they owned the store, they probably became friendly with numerous "regulars" who would ask about her if they didn't see her for a while.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:43 AM   #52
MegtheEgg86
Member
Senior Member
 
MegtheEgg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 4,809
Default

Re-watched this segment today and something occurred to me today that never has before: the story about Pam's clothes either being sorted out downstairs in the living room (allegedly by Pam herself, for donation to Goodwill). What a wholly plausible way to explain the disarray one would create while getting rid of another's belongings in the event someone saw it (a child or family friend, for instance).
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:10 PM   #53
Hambone2421
Member
Senior Member
 
Hambone2421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,823
Default

I just re-watched this segment. I am taking the psychic part completely out because I put as much stock into what they say as what my two year old son says about politics.

I think one interesting thing here is that Rob waited to alert family and the authorities. I wonder if after he killed Pam, if he dumped her body and all of her belongings into a dumpster or random dumpsters around the city and waited until after all of them had been picked up before alerting authorities. By doing this, it assures that even if law enforcement checks the dumpsters, they will not find her or any of her belongings.

As far as the money goes, is there even any proof that there was that much money in the store? If there was and Rob pocketed it, its not completely out of the realm of possibility that he slowly spent that money over the year. Fast food here, grocery store run there, random errands etc.. All paid in cash.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:20 AM   #54
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,678
Default

Random thought I just had:

If Pam did run off to start a new life because of problems with Rob, why not resurface after Rob's death? What would be holding her back?
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:08 AM   #55
Hambone2421
Member
Senior Member
 
Hambone2421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Random thought I just had:

If Pam did run off to start a new life because of problems with Rob, why not resurface after Rob's death? What would be holding her back?
When did he die?
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 09:43 AM   #56
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
When did he die?
He died from cancer in 2009.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:01 PM   #57
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Moderator
Senior Member
 
LooksLikeCRicci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 27, 2005
Posts: 3,749
Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Random thought I just had:

If Pam did run off to start a new life because of problems with Rob, why not resurface after Rob's death? What would be holding her back?
You and I both know why. Because she's deceased. I maintain Rob killed her.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:54 PM   #58
MegtheEgg86
Member
Senior Member
 
MegtheEgg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 4,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
You and I both know why. Because she's deceased. I maintain Rob killed her.
Co-sign. Forging that signature on that note alone smelled bad.
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 08:21 AM   #59
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
You and I both know why. Because she's deceased. I maintain Rob killed her.
I agree.

Just something that puts a final nail in the coffin of the Pam ran off theory, IMO.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 10:31 AM   #60
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Moderator
Senior Member
 
LooksLikeCRicci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 27, 2005
Posts: 3,749
Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I agree.

Just something that puts a final nail in the coffin of the Pam ran off theory, IMO.
Totally see your point. And yes, I agree. If she were still alive, there would be no reason to hide anymore.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.