Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Rick and Morty Season 4; ABC Midseason 2020 Schedule
Miracle Workers Returns to TBS; ABC's Summer Fun & Games Lineup Renewed for 2020
Lifetime's Winter Ripped from the Headlines; PIX11 Holiday Lineup
Showtime Gets Vanessa Bayer Comedy Pilot; Jeopardy! Sees Who's the GOAT on ABC Primetime
Viacom's Comedy Central Renews The Office & Parks and Recreation; E! Gets New Jason Kennedy Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 18, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-09-2009, 12:08 AM   #1
Zlatko
Forum Regular

Default Pam Page

This case involves a woman who lived in Arizona with her husband; together they owned a video rental store. She disappears one day and is never seen again. Her husband is seen as the lead suspect. Any opinions on this case?
Zlatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Well, there are certainly some justified attitudes towards the husband in terms of being concerned he (Rob Page) may have been involved in his wife Pam's disappearance. Basically it is a thing where if Rob Page did it he is covered as there is no body and no conclusive physical evidence of a homicide. I do believe Rob Page eventually had Pam declared legally dead and I also believe he did eventually re-marry.

This is a segment where UM kind of irritated me by leaving out certain critical details. Like talking about how the Pages had 'one shaky period in 1987' but not describing anymore than that what that shaky period was. Rob Page did lie and did forge his wife's signature which he eventually did admit to. The question is, why go through this elaborate plan if his wife merely had left him?

I do not know if Rob Page killed his wife or not although I lean in the direction that he did. However, there are several things that point towards the fact that Rob Page had a consciousness of guilt. Remember, Rob Page lied to Pam's family about filing a missing persons report. He did not call the family and tell them that Pam was 'missing. In fact, he did not tell them until Pam's older sister called the Page home and that is when Rob told her that Pam had gone missing days before. Also, Rob lied to Pam's family and said that he had called the police and that they had already taken a missing persons report when in fact he had never called the police and the police had no knowledge of the case.

So, in turn it was at least several days after she disappeared before the Peoria, Arizona Police were notified. They were not even notified by Rob but rather by Pam's family. I mean, Rob and Pam Page had been married for over 10 years and I just think it is strange how Rob would not notify the Police that his wife was missing unless it was because he did not want to notify them so that he had time to clean up the crime scene and set up his alibi.

The thing with Rob Page is, he did something that guilty people typically do, he came up with an elaborate alibi that was so elaborate that he had trouble keeping his fake story straight. Like how he claimed that distinctive truck of his had been parked outside an auto parts store for several hours yet no one could remember it and it was the kind of truck that if you had seen it, it would stick out in your mind because it was a one of a kind truck in terms of the way it was painted.

Plus, Rob admitting that he for some unknown reason, parked Pam's corvette in a Winchell's parking lot. He never did explain why he did this and then subsequently why he lied about it. Rob's story was very elaborate as I said, but one thing he did not take into account was that he parked the Corvette in a Winchell's parking lot that was right across the street from the auto parts store where he claimed he spent several hours fixing his truck. Remember, Rob claimed he went to every Winchell's in the area trying to find the Corvette and he claimed it took him several hours to find it, yet the Corvette was in the parking lot right across the street from that auto parts store and in plain view.

I say that Rob did not go looking for the Corvette because he knew where the Corvette was because he parked it there himself. He admitted parking it there so why would he go around looking for something when he already knew where it was? I say Rob parked the Corvette at a business to give the impression that Pam had left him by abandoning her car at a business.

I think he typed that entire letter and forged his wife's name on it as part of his elaborate alibi that she had left him for another woman. I think he even killed one of their dogs and disposed of Pam's drivers license to make it look like she had left. I believe he also disposed of all of her clothes. While it has never been conclusively proven, it is alleged that Rob Page was having an affair at the time Pam disappeared.

It seems that this crime was done in a rather sloppy way, at least the cover up was. That tells me that Rob probably did not plan this very far in advance if he planned it in advance at all. My guess is, Pam and Rob got into an argument and he lost control and ended up killing her, either by strangulation or by smothering. He then disposed of her body in an unknown location and spent several days afterwards covering up the crime.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:07 PM   #3
egswanso
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
It seems that this crime was done in a rather sloppy way, at least the cover up was. That tells me that Rob probably did not plan this very far in advance if he planned it in advance at all. My guess is, Pam and Rob got into an argument and he lost control and ended up killing her, either by strangulation or by smothering. He then disposed of her body in an unknown location and spent several days afterwards covering up the crime.
I agree with most of your post, except this last bit. While Page's actions strongly make me suspect him, his cover-up, if he did do it, has been masterful, since suspection is all we have - no body, no eyewitnesses, no earwitnesses, indeed, no evidence whatsoever that a crime has been committed beyond rob page's inconsistant stories.

I doubt that Pam Page voluntarily left, given that even if she took up with another woman and presuming her family would have strongly disapproved of this (I have no idea if they would have, but it could explain running off), you'd think she would still at least tell them she's allive, even if she had no intention of coming back; of course, if her marriage was bad, perhaps she enjoys the torment that Rob Page had to live with.
egswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:15 PM   #4
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Everything about this case points to Rob Page being guilty as sin. If your wife left you for another woman, why wouldn't you notify her family of this immediately? And an innocent person notifies authorities right away when a loved one goes missing...period. But there are still some nagging points that make me think there is still a small shred that he had nothing to do with it. First their dog was missing. If he did kill the dog and dispose of it or even let it free then Rob went through an awful lot of planning to come up with every single facet of ways to coincide with his version of events. But according to everyone in Pam's family she said everything was going "great". Which begs the question if Rob did kill his wife, why? Also, what happened to the money in their safe at the video store? Why would Rob get rid of a large sum of cash ($60,000) just to cover up Pam's death. Usually people murder their wives to collect money from insurance and the missing money definitely points in the direction that Pam voluntarily left. And since it was cash it would be untraceable.

In spite of all of this I still think if Pam were alive today she would have resurfaced after Rob died of cancer in 2009. So I'm 95% sure he was involved and there's someone else out there that knows as well because he most likely would have needed an accomplice to pull off the cover up.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:35 PM   #5
bell83
You're in high school again.
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Everything about this case points to Rob Page being guilty as sin. If your wife left you for another woman, why wouldn't you notify her family of this immediately? And an innocent person notifies authorities right away when a loved one goes missing...period.
Family, absolutely, provided they had at least a decent relationship. Otherwise...maybe not.

As far as notifying anyone else, including law enforcement that you just got left for a woman? Personally, I don't think this would be that common of a thing to do. If you're left a note saying you've been left for a woman, that can be something of a blow to your masculinity. I know people that this has happened to, and it's not exactly something they like to talk about. So if the person believes that's all that happened, I could definitely see them not going to the police.

That being said, I don't remember enough about this case to really say whether I believe he was guilty or not. I haven't seen it in a while.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:22 AM   #6
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Yeah but I would be worried about being possibly implicated in her disappearance which is why you would think he would have notified at least her family.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #7
bell83
You're in high school again.
Forum Regular

Well, yeah, if he thought she'd disappeared, and got along with her family. I don't know. That's just how I feel about it.
bell83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:02 AM   #8
XCalibur
Forum Regular

Does anyone remember the part of this segment where they interviewed the psychic an she described how she though Pam was murdered? Even where her body was buried? I thought that was really chilling.

For those who don't remember, the psychic said a man and woman were in the house with Pam when the man attacked her and smothered her with a pillow, then they took her out of the house and buried her body by an abandoned warehouse, and she even named nearby street.

The funny part was, they never said if the psychic had any idea who the man and woman were, or if the man was Rob Page.

It kind of fits, if Rob was having an affair, what if Pam came home, caught them together, they had a fight, it got out of hand and he winded up killing her, not really intending to but did anyway, andhe and the girlfriend disposed of the body.

If it happened that way like the pshycic, then it could be possible someone is still alive who knows what happened to her, the woman who was with Rob. If indeed it was him.

Either way, I think Rob had something to do with her dissappearance. His behaviour was way to suspect. I've heard it said those closest to him felt that he had something riding on on his guilt up until he died. If he didn't inted to murder Pam but did so in some kind of fit of rage it would make sense he felt ad about it. When he knew he was dying anyway if he did it he should have manned up and admitted it so Pam's family could have closure, including telling them where the body was buried.
XCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:48 AM   #9
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Yep, I remember some of the part about the psychic. I think it was Pam's sister who described it. It was interesting, they way that the psychic had never seen the Page's home, but was able to tell about the floor plan. It seemed a bit unusual and led some credibility to that version of events.

IMO tho, I think Rob did it and planned it out ahead of time. The way he had that "dear john" letter already written up in their computer, the $60,000 taken out of the safe at work (untraceable money, all he had to do was "steal" it and then say his missing wife ran off with it), the weirdness about the way he parked the cars and made phone calls, and worst of all, his story changed significantly at least two times.

I definitely don't think Pam left willingly.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:46 PM   #10
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

I still would like to know what happened to the money that allegedly went missing...if it was proven that it was gone, then that leans towards Pam leaving voluntarily.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:10 PM   #11
egswanso
Forum Regular

Quote:
I still would like to know what happened to the money that allegedly went missing...if it was proven that it was gone, then that leans towards Pam leaving voluntarily.
If Rob did do it, I would suspect the money was either never there or never went missing. In theory, it could be traced via forensic accounting and physical searches, but this is easier said then done.
egswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:57 PM   #12
mwcarolina
Forum Regular

yeah, too bad this case will likely never get solved unless Pam really is alive or somehow they actually find the body. Rob Page maybe guilty, but you cant charge him with a crime now that he's dead.
mwcarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:44 AM   #13
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

If Pam really were still alive, why not contact her family (by telephone at the very least) to let them know she's ok? I think she's dead.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #14
mwcarolina
Forum Regular

Quote:
If Pam really were still alive, why not contact her family (by telephone at the very least) to let them know she's ok? I think she's dead.
oh, dont get me wrong, i agree, she's dead, i just said if she's alive, i think Rob killed her and if he didnt, some intruder did, but Rob did a TON of questionable things (like the letter).
mwcarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:24 PM   #15
Kyte
The Greatest
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Shortly after Pam died, he remarried. I'm sure he spent it all with her.

Rob Page is one of the guiltiest pieces of **** ever profiled on UM. He had all those years to repent and give Pam's family some solace and he chose to take it to his pitiful grave, one which I would piss and defecate on. Because he was not brought to justice when he was still around, my only wish is that he is getting punished now. And for an eternity.
Kyte is offline   Reply With Quote