Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Spin-offs and One-Year Wonders

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 26, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: NBC Developing Serendipity Series; Designing Women Making Streaming Media Debut
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: ABC; Antenna TV Acquires The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Who's the Boss? and More
Dancing with the Stars Cast for Season 28; Lilly Singh Gets NBC Primetime Special
Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-02-2006, 04:23 PM   #1
CHERISLAND
Forum Regular

Default Looking for "PRUITTS OF SOUTHAMPTON" aka PHYLISS DILLER SHOW

I am looking for any episodes of "The Pruitts Of Southampton" 1966-67 ABC

Phyliss Diller stars as Phyliss Pruitt a Long Island socialite who has to make he transition from luxuary to poverty when she learns she owes millions in back taxes. Also stars Reginald Gardiner as 81 yr old Uncle Ned,Grady Sutton as Sturgis the butler,Pam Freeman as her daughter Stephanie, Lisa Loring as her daughter Suzie,John Astin as Rudy Pruitt,Marty Ingels as Norman Krump and Gypsy Rose Lee as Regina. David Levy (Addams Family) was executive producer and theme song sung by Miss Diller was written by Vic Mizzy (Addams Family). In midseason the format was changed and the show retitled; Jan 13,67 Phyliss Diller Show premiered and the Pruitt mansion was now a boarding house.

I saw a clip from this series and it looks hilarious. Would love to get all 31 episodes of this series. Does anyone out there remember this series and if so what did they think of it?

Please e-mail me if anyone has this show and hopefully we can work out a trade.

Thanks!
Todd
Attached Images

CHERISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:52 PM   #2
TV Knowledge Fan

Default I knew a collector....

...who had two episodes of the series on videocassette: one episode of "THE PRUITTS OF SOUTHAMPTON" from December 1966, and "THE PHYLLIS DILLER SHOW" from March 1967- there was a different theme and title sequence for the latter, but it was the same show, "tweaked" slightly- with original commercials {the primary sponsor was Liggett & Myers' L&M cigarettes**. Unfortunately, my collector friend passed away two years ago, and his tapes vanished with him.

I could see why ABC cancelled the show: Phyllis Diller could not carry a situation comedy as "the star". She tried, but there were too many changes-
Gypsy Rose Lee left in mid-season, Marty Ingels and John Astin came aboard in January with Richard Deacon, and.....you'd have a better chance seeing Red Buttons in "THE DOUBLE LIFE OF HENRY PHYFE", which was on the season before Phyllis' series, from the same company, Filmways.
TV Knowledge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:25 PM   #3
sbeamish
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Knowledge Fan
.....you'd have a better chance seeing Red Buttons in "THE DOUBLE LIFE OF HENRY PHYFE", which was on the season before Phyllis' series, from the same company, Filmways.
THE DOUBLE LIFE OF HENRY PHYFE: That's one I'd just love to see get a DVD release.
sbeamish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:05 PM   #4
CHERISLAND
Forum Regular

Hi TV Knowledge Fan!

Great to hear from you again! Thanks so much for the info..I have been lucky and managed to get those two episodes you mentioned #17 "Phyllis Queen Of The Road" and #23 "How To Rob A Millionaire" as well as the pilot episode "Phyllis Goes Broke". I would really love to find MORE episodes of this funny series. I actually like her in the starring role as Phyllis Pruitt...and thought the episodes that I have seen have been quite funny..similar to the crazy antics that Lucy used to get into! Though its hard to tell from just a couple of episodes, I think the first version of the series was the funnier one before they made the mansion into a "hotel" though I do like John Astin. If you are at all interested in watching the episodes I have , drop me a line and I'll send them out to you...picture quality is of couse not the greatest but still better than nothing at all right (wink!) Do you actually remember watching this series at one time? I ask because I wonder if it was ever available in syndication? If it was then maybe somebody out there might have more episodes! (I can dream can't I?)
Anyways...thanks again for the info!
Old 12-07-2006, 07:57 PM   #5
Nichols
First Time Poster

Hi, First time post. I'm planning to see Phyllis Diller at a booksigning this weekend and got so excited when I read about "The Pruitts of Southampton" I had to see if a copy existed. Cherisland, do you think I might be able to get a copy of yours?

THANKS
Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:05 PM   #6
EmpressDR
Forum Regular

Cool I LOVED THE SHOW!

Nichols, how did the booksigning go?
Cherisland --I love the avitar and name! I always loved Cher! I am old enough to have seen her with Sonny, when they were first stars, in the early 1960s. I loved their 1970s show, and I saw her "last" concert at the Hollywood Bowl last year.
As for Phyllis Diller, I loved that show when it was on originally. I was mad that it got canceled. It was hilarious. Two favorite bits from the series:
Phyllis is hired as a secretary by a man whose wife is jealous of his young attractive secretaries ( these were the days when Phyllis did a lot of self-depracating jokes on her looks --before she got her first face lift --something that made headlines! It was HUGE news, and a trivia question on game shows. ). But Phyllis can't type nor take shorthand --so she buys a tape recorder, and makes nonsense "symbols" in her notebook. Meanwhile, the tape recorder, hidden in her hair, is a problem when the reel-to-reel tape spools catch her hair, and she's in pain!
Another --she wanted to be a model and was in a photo booth getting a "model portfolio" taken --in a PHOTO BOOTH! It is an outdoors one, and this cab driver thinks she looks hot and sexy, and he's goggling at her, telling his dispatcher that he's not going anywhere, because he just overheard her say that her next costume will be "only a towel" wrapped around her!
EmpressDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:51 PM   #7
CHERISLAND
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressDR
Nichols, how did the booksigning go?
Cherisland --I love the avitar and name! I always loved Cher! I am old enough to have seen her with Sonny, when they were first stars, in the early 1960s. I loved their 1970s show, and I saw her "last" concert at the Hollywood Bowl last year.
As for Phyllis Diller, I loved that show when it was on originally. I was mad that it got canceled. It was hilarious. Two favorite bits from the series:
Phyllis is hired as a secretary by a man whose wife is jealous of his young attractive secretaries ( these were the days when Phyllis did a lot of self-depracating jokes on her looks --before she got her first face lift --something that made headlines! It was HUGE news, and a trivia question on game shows. ). But Phyllis can't type nor take shorthand --so she buys a tape recorder, and makes nonsense "symbols" in her notebook. Meanwhile, the tape recorder, hidden in her hair, is a problem when the reel-to-reel tape spools catch her hair, and she's in pain!
Another --she wanted to be a model and was in a photo booth getting a "model portfolio" taken --in a PHOTO BOOTH! It is an outdoors one, and this cab driver thinks she looks hot and sexy, and he's goggling at her, telling his dispatcher that he's not going anywhere, because he just overheard her say that her next costume will be "only a towel" wrapped around her!
Hi EmpressDR!

First off thanks for the kind compliments on my avatar...yes, I too, am a huge Cherfan...since I was a kid in the 70's and remember seeing her for the 1st time on the Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour....have been a fan ever since. I have seen her solo in concert several times but would have loved to have seen her with Sonny. "Cherisland" is actually a combination of , of course, Cher's name and one of my all-time favorite songs she has sung, a beautiful ballad called "Island" from her Allman & Woman album with Gregg.

But onto Pruitt's....I am jealous that you were actually able to watch all of this series (Lucky you!)....from the few I have seen it is HILARIOUS and the two episodes you describe sound awesome! I really wish they would put this series onto DVD or at least show it somewhere - anywhere , in syndication. It is apparently an extremely hard show to come by and aside from the 3 eps I have managed to find, i am not sure if anymore are even out there anywhere. I would LOVE to see MORE!!

Wish I knew which studio held the rights to this series....I really think it was a "sleeper" hit of the 60's that just wasn't given it's proper recognition and appreciation. I wonder how Phyllis feels about the series today...I think it is up there right along the likes of a "Lucy Show" type comedy with all the crazy predicaments she got herself into... she should be proud that she made it.

Hiding a tape recorder in her hair is hilarious, yet I can't help thinking that her initial plan was brilliant to combat her lack of knowing shorthand. Thanks so much for "Chering" this info with us EmpressDR!!

And "Nichols", I too am curious as to how the booksigning went with Phyllis...did you get any photos or a chance to talk with her?

Happy 2007 everyone!
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2007, 03:11 AM   #8
bencasey

Pruitts is owned by MGM, which is currently in a distribution deal with Fox. Considering what a bad studio Fox is at old TV releases, you can forget ever seeing it come out. The show ran in the videotaping era on a cable network in England so that would be your best bet, trying to find someone in that country who recorded them all.
bencasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:15 AM   #9
EmpressDR
Forum Regular

Cool Theme song of The Pruitts of Southampton lyrics and link

I got this off You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL3vX-62z1k

And copied down the lyrics:

Pruitts of Southampton opening
TITLE OVER XLS OF MANSION, WITH OFF-SCREEN SOUND OF PHYLLIS' TRADEMARK LAUGHTER: "Ahh-ha-ha-ha!"

[ she begins one of four entrances in a new outfit, on her grand staircase --this a long, silk peach dress with a train ]

singing:

Phyllis: "Howd'you do, Howd'you do, Howd'you do, my dear. What a lovely surprise, nice to see you dear."
[ enters in a tangerine dress, and tall flowered white hat ]

Reginald Gardiner: "All the bills have been long overdue, my dear." [ hands her a sheaf of bills ]

Phyllis: "File them under I.O.U. [ tears them up, and tosses them into the air ]
[ Re-enters wearing a sparkly dress ] "Howd'you do, Howd'you do, Hello! It's you! Love my dress, love my jewels, aren't they MARVE-Y-POO?!"

Young blonde girl [Pam Freeman? ]: "They belong to the Internal Revenue."

Phyllis: "And they got us eating stew!" [ or shoe? ]

Chorus: "The Pruitts of Southampton live like the richest folk
But what the folk don't know is that the Pruitts are flat broke!"
[ Phyllis frolicks on staircase in a marve-y-poo dress --then we see her cleaning with a mop in maid's garb ]

Phyllis: [ wearing new striped dress ] "Howd'you do, Howd'you do, Howd'you do, my dear."

Reginald Gardiner: 'We are out of champagne, and I'm stuck, my dear."

Phyllis: "Ask the butler to lend you a buck, my dear. Howd'you do, Howd'you do, Howd'you do!"

By Vic Mizzy of Addams Family fame

"The Pruitts" was based on House Party (1954), by Patrick Dennis, published under the pseudonym Virginia Rowans --his real name was Edward "Pat" Tanner, author of Auntie Mame.

What fun! Makes me want to see the show even more!

Also reminded me that my dad used to disapprove, because the rich people wanted to skip out on paying their bills. But Lucy Carmichael was always trying to goof off and get out of working. That was a standard sitcom plotline in those days.

Last edited by EmpressDR; 01-02-2007 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:58 AM   #10
EmpressDR
Forum Regular

Wink Why I loved Phyllis Diller as a kid

But watching this again reminded me of why I liked the show so much. I liked Phyllis Diller --anything she did, I enjoyed. The sight of her skipping so happily on that staircase --comparing her to Lucy, whom I also loved, I see that whereas Lucy got into comical mishaps too, Lucy would do her trademark wail, and be sad --Phyllis would be nonchalant, for as long as possible, then go into a hilarious way of getting out of it. Phyllis was known for that laugh, and her body movements were that of skipping around like that, in a way you wouldn't see a "dignified" woman act --just that was fun to watch. She looked like she was having fun. Too many woman in the 1960s had to act like "ladies," which constricted their movements. I liked it if a woman dared to be different.
Phyllis had a childlike physical quality about her.
Lucy was not so --she was a woman getting into scrapes, but I didn't sense that playfulness.

Of course, she didn't skip around all the time --her usual movements I think were exaggerated sashaying around to appear rich, rich, rich --so funny. So maybe she was taking the lady-like attitude, and mocking it, making it her own funny thing. That was what Phyllis did in her stand-up act, hoist her cigarette holder aloft, looking fine, except that shock of hair, to funny effect.

I loved the movie she did with Bob Denver: "Did You Hear The One About The Traveling Saleslady," it was hilarious.

"Welcome to Shangri-la!" she said, as a love potion worked on two men at once for her. Not childlike then --but so fun and surreal.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:44 AM   #11
bencasey

Everyone has different tastes. Personally, I could never stand Phyllis Diller. I found her grating and annoying so I don't think I ever watched the show. Ridiculous premise to begin with. She owes the IRS millions but they'll let her keep her mansion and pretend she's not broke. Huh?
bencasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:23 PM   #12
CHERISLAND
Forum Regular

yeah, but thats what makes it so funny...here's this rich lady who has always had other people do everything for her and now, she is faced with having to do things herself and she really doesn't have a clue as to what she is doing. In the pilot she tries cooking a turkey or goose unknowingly in the dishwasher which she thinks is the oven! It's silly comedy...but thats what makes it so much fun....course as you say, liking Phyllis has alot to do with it too...prior to seeing these few eps I wouldn't say I was a big fan of hers one way or the other...I remember seeing her on the Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour and Get Smart , but when I saw her in this series, I thought she was hilarious. You would have to like that sort of 60's comedy though (from a time that will never be able to be recaptured)...sort of Lucy but yet not as EmpressDr explains, or maybe Beverly Hillbillies type humor.She was always getting herself into these ridiculous hair-brained situations but that was what made the show so funny. I admit the premise doesn't make too much sense...why the IRS would want her to continue the illusion of being rich when she was flat broke, but that sets the stage for all the comedy. I'd really love to see more of this show and from what you say it doesn't sound too promising that Fox will release this "lost" oldie.
Thanks also for the info on ownership of the show..I'm going to try and see if I can find someone in England who might have caught some of these episodes from when it aired in syndication there..though I have been searching now for about a year with no luck.
Most people have never heard of this show.

And thanks EmpressDR for the YOUTUBE info....for me, the Tv.Party website was one of the first places I went to when i googled the title that got me curious about the show.....i even love the theme song when she is singing "Howd'you do" which anyone can listen to off of the TV.Party website - check it out (see: www.tvparty.com/pruittes.html ) there is also a video clip of the turkey being prepared and cooked.

but I agree that the show is not for everyone...otherwise it wouldn't have been cancelled after only 1 season.

Personally however I would love to see all 31 episodes of this funny series.

Last edited by CHERISLAND; 01-02-2007 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:52 PM   #13
EmpressDR
Forum Regular

Talking How d'y' do, How d'y' do, How d'y' do, My Dear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencasey
Everyone has different tastes. Personally, I could never stand Phyllis Diller. I found her grating and annoying so I don't think I ever watched the show. Ridiculous premise to begin with. She owes the IRS millions but they'll let her keep her mansion and pretend she's not broke. Huh?

Actually, Ben Casey, your namesake show was probably not too realistic, either. It DID make me wonder why the IRS wanted to keep it under wraps, but it must've been explained somewhere in the series. But series having nonsensical plotlines have been a staple for years. Check out the Good Times threads for WHY Thelma turned down a free scholarship, just because she didn't like/approve of ONE sorority at a school. The live studio audience didn't agree with her decision, either. Or the Evans family just giving up on buying a house because ONE neighborhood turned them down, despite their securing a loan. The question is WHY didn't they just search for another house, somewhere else? Sitcoms often don't make sense --but I guess there's a difference if the plotline of one episode confuses instead of the premise of the series. My guess is it WAS explained about the Pruitts more than once, but it may have been as elusive to grasp as some of the TV audience not being able to figure out the premise of the late game/reality show "The Mole" no matter how many times Anderson Cooper tried to simplify it. Some people will NOT listen.

And Cherisland, thank you for your comments and the link --I think I saw that before, but couldn't hear the theme song, because I hadn't high-speed cable before. The Realplayer made me unload my current player in exchange for that one, and I worry --when I uploaded a new version of Internet Explorer from Yahoo, I am stuck with idiot ads anytime I use it, so I will unload that one!
The turkey in the dishwasher sounds funny! But actually, that can be done, and during the 1973 energy crisis, many people cooked fish in their dishwasher to save energy. I guess problems happened when the aluminum foil burst or leaked on dishes, or let in soapy water. BLEAH.
And cans of stew can be cooked on a car/truck radiator --although you have problems if you forget it, and it bursts!
Old 01-03-2007, 03:55 PM   #14
TV Knowledge Fan

Default The series....

..., that is, BOTH versions ["THE PRUITTS OF SOUTHAMPTON" (1966)/"THE PHYLLIS DILLER SHOW" (1967)] were produced by Diller's "PhilDil Productions" in association with Filmways. After a long series of mergers and acquisitions over the years, the majority of the Filmways TV shows (with the exception of "THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES" and "PETTICOAT JUNCTION") are now owned by SONY {after their purchase of MGM/UA**...and they're just not interested, much less aware of the combined 26 episodes, to consider releasing them on DVD. In their corporate eyes, only a "TV fanatic" would consider a DVD release of Phyllis' show! [Sad, but true.]

TV Knowledge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:02 PM   #15
CHERISLAND
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Knowledge Fan
..., that is, BOTH versions ["THE PRUITTS OF SOUTHAMPTON" (1966)/"THE PHYLLIS DILLER SHOW" (1967)] were produced by Diller's "PhilDil Productions" in association with Filmways. After a long series of mergers and acquisitions over the years, the majority of the Filmways TV shows (with the exception of "THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES" and "PETTICOAT JUNCTION") are now owned by SONY {after their purchase of MGM/UA**...and they're just not interested, much less aware of the combined 26 episodes, to consider releasing them on DVD. In their corporate eyes, only a "TV fanatic" would consider a DVD release of Phyllis' show! [Sad, but true.]

well now, that's VERY disappointing news.....I guess the hunt continues for other means of acquiring episodes ...you mention 26 episodes but I thought there were 30 eps. Here is what I thought there is (a friend was kind enough to help out with some of the episode synopsis from their original TV GUIDE listings):
1 Phyllis Goes Broke During a party, an IRS agent arrives to inform the Pruitts that they are $10 million in debt and that their possessions now belong to the United States government. But they are going to allow the Pruitts to maintain the illusion that they are wealthy, rather than risk a stock-market collapse with the news that they are bankrupt. Phyllis is forced to let the entire staff go and stand by as her priceless art is taken from their home. It isn't long before Phyllis comes up with a scheme to pay off the IRS – by marrying a wealthy general who's been pursuing her for years. The General is overjoyed, but in the end, of course, her plan backfires. (taken from tv.com) 9/6/1966 (**note: the pilot also had a son Perry and a different actress playing the daughter***)

2 Phyllis, the Milkmaid
Phyllis has her hands full when Uncle Ned brings home a lovely Guernsey cow he won at the county fair. 9/13/1966

3 Phyllis Beats the Rap The Pruitts feel the pinch when they get the repair bill for their Rolls – so Phyllis heads for a pawnshop with some of the household items. 9/20/1966

4 Phyllis Takes a Letter In order to make more money,Phyllis goes to work as secretary for a man who gives plenty of dictation - and has a very jealous wife. As Phyllis does not know how to take dictation she thinks she is being clever by hiding a tape recorder in her hair. 9/27/1966 (**NOTE:EMPRESS-this must be one of the episodes you were talking about...would love to see this!)

5 Phyllis, the Cookie Tycoon The Pruitts love the immense cookie that Phyllis baked, so she thinks there’s money to be made in dough. 10/4/1966

6 Phyllis Fires the Butler Sturgis, the Pruitt’s butler, has been offered a well-paying job by Phyllis’ social rival. 10/11/1966

7 Phyllis Saves the Day Cold, cold times have fallen upon the Pruitt mansion: Phyllis must ask the Government to fix the conked-out oil furnace. 10/18/1966

8 Phyllis Goes Commercial Phyllis gets her dander up when rival Regina Wentworth ruins her chance to make 1000 dollars in a TV cheese commercial. 10/25/1966

9 Phyllis Entertains Royalty The poverty stricken Pruitts undertake an expensive diplomatic mission: entertaining the visiting Shah of Talat. 11/1/1966

10 Phyllis, the Upstairs Girl When a snobbish neighbour asks the Pruitts for a $200 charity donation Phyllis and Uncle Ned are faced with a desperate decision: Find jobs or risk exposure as paupers. 11/15/1966

11 Phyllis, the General Stealer Phyllis opens a campaign to capture General Cannon (and his money) when she learns that another woman has laid siege to the wealthy old soldier. 11/22/1966

12 Phyllis, the Dress Maker Phyllis doesn’t have a penny to her name, but she has pride – and enough determination to see that daughter Stephanie gets to wear the snazziest gown at Regina Wentworth’s society ball. 11/29/1966

13 Phyllis Goes Arty Phyllis swipes a museum art treasure, convinced that it’s rightfully Pruitt property. It’s all a mistake (as she soon discovers), so the wacky aristocrat sets out to sneak the masterpiece back into the well-guarded museum. 12/6/1966

14 Santa Was a Lady Penniless Phyllis, overcome by the spirit of Christmas, has to rustle up the holiday dinner she promised to 50 orphans. 12/13/1966

15 The Hubcap Caper Phyllis turns private eye to lift a curse from the house of Pruitt. Someone has stolen the family good-luck charms, the Rolls Royce hubcaps. (taken from tv.com) 12/20/1966

16 Phyllis, Queen of the Road Madcap Phyllis hobnobs with hobos to squeeze a few bucks out of Uncle Sam by arousing public sympathy for her thoroughly embarrassing poverty. 12/27/1966

17 My Brother Harvey Phyllis takes a fast flyer into show biz to get a hillbilly show on the road. The mountaineers are coming out of the Pruitt woodwork, thanks to Phyllis’s talent-scouting brother Harvey. 1/3/1967

18 Little Miss Fixit (hereafter shows title becomes “The Phyllis Diller Show”):
Phyllis and her poverty-stricken family move in to this new time spot. The Pruitt mansion needs a quick repair job for a picture spread in a home magazine. Mr. Krump, Southampton’s new repair man, is soon conned into spending a night at the Pruitts’, where he’s plunged into a frantic fix-it campaign. 1/13/1967

19 Learn to Be a Millonaire Madcap Phyllis takes on a repair job at the library. She’s trying to help Mr. Krump, the fix-it man, who’s been immobilized by a disastrous deal with the Pruitts. Bob Hope makes a brief appearance as a library patron.1/20/1967

20 The Ghost of Pruitt Mansion - When author Vernon Bradley (Billy DeWolfe), has car troubles, Phyllis convinces him to stay on at the mansion as a paying guest while he is writing about haunted castles. He turns out to be more than Phyllis bargained for when he causes nothing but trouble at the mansion causing Krump to retaliate. 1/27/1967

21 Portrait of Krump A flaming feud threatens to deprive Phyllis of her only source of income. Handyman Krump and star boarder Bradley are at each other’s throats, and it’s up to the mad matron to effect a truce. 2/3/1967

22 How to Rob a Millionaire. An Internal Revenue agent helps Phyllis locate a secret room in the Pruitt mansion, where they're soon awash in a tide of champagne, romance, and burglars. 2/10/1967

23 Nobody Here But Us Chickens Phyllis has more than the usual quota of clucks in her odd brood: 1500 cackling hens and a deadbeat relative are all under the Pruitt roof for the same reason – money 2/17/1967

24 Phyllis the Bat Girl Phyllis thinks her money woes may be finally coming to an end when a movie director casts her in his latest movie. Unfortunately when she signed up for the role, she forgot to ask him what kind of movie she was appearing in. (taken from tv.com)2/24/1967

25 Marry a Million - Convinced that a rich young man loves Steffi, delighted Rudy rushes the lad’s father over to meet Phyllis. Oh Dad, poor dad: He’s met instead by a lunatic artist and a wild model called Oona Poonga. 3/3/1967

26 Goddess of Love Pandemonium reigns at the Pruitt pad when Bradley’s model is caught sending short-wave messages to a submarine. Phyllis, Bradley and Krump are certain that the girl is a spy. 3/10/1967

27 My Sister-in-Law Phyllis - Tax man Baldwin, a battle-scarred veteran of the Pruitts’ war on poverty, is again trapped in one of their insane money-making operations.This time Phyllis and Rudy scheme to get money to finance a "pizza making machine" with disasterous results. 3/17/1967

28 Krump, the Playboy- A spoiled young heiress is playing up to Krump for fun and profit: Her dad just might give her anything to jilt the handyman 3/24/1967

29 Phyllis the Beauty Queen Phyllis treats a shaggy lawn and a beauty salon patron with the same gay abandon, and spectacular results. 3/31/1967

30 The House is Not a Zoo Phyllis is put through a series of crazy charades by guest star Louis Nye in an attempt to try and stop a fortune hunting woman who's after the Pruitt mansion. This is the FINAL episode of the series. Guest Cast Louis Nye....Bertie Barbara Morrison...Mrs. Stuyvesant 4/7/1967

If anyone has anymore info regarding episode airings and listings please let me know as I would one day like to have this guide complete.

Thanks.

Last edited by CHERISLAND; 07-20-2008 at 02:42 PM.