Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Spin-offs and One-Year Wonders

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 23, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboots for The Office and Even Hogan's Heroes?; The Boondocks Returning for Two New Seasons on HBO Max
Fri-Yay: Primetime Emmy Predictions for Comedy; Paramount Heads to Paris for New Comedy
Pop TV Renews Schitt's Creek for Sixth and Final Season, Fifth Season Marathon to Air on Sept. 21; HBO Max Revives The Boondocks
NBC Streaming Service Peacock Sets Reboots of Saved by the Bell & Punky Brewster; The Big Bang Theory Coming to HBO Max, While TBS Renews Through 2028
ABC Sets Reunions of Cheers, The Drew Carey Show, Girlfriends, Charmed, Castle and More; NBC Renews Titan Games for Season 2
Nick Slates Are You Afraid of the Dark? Premiere; Spectrum Originals Drama Goes Back Into Production for Season 2 in 2020

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September)

Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season

07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-17-2003, 01:25 PM   #16
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Damage
You're lying, you said you read one article from Ebony magazine that stated that. Besides, even if you were telling the truth and read several articles, you did say that only ONE article actually said Good Times was not a spinoff. So HOW COULD SEVERAL ARTICLES BACK UP YOUR STUPID STATEMENT?!? I swear Solomon, you pretend to know more than anyone else about sitcoms, but you really don't know SH#T!

It was 3 articles from 1974 that supported that GT was not a spinoff. One in the TV guide and two in Ebony Magazine. BUt the article that no one seems to want is the one that CONFIRMS GT IS NOT A SPINOFF. I still have copies if you want one.
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 01:38 PM   #17
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage

Send them
Brian Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 01:45 PM   #18
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Send them

just PM me your address
Old 08-17-2003, 01:47 PM   #19
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Better yet fax them to me. If you don't have a fax, there are places around town that you can fax it from like a Kinko's.
Old 08-17-2003, 01:53 PM   #20
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Better yet fax them to me. If you don't have a fax, there are places around town that you can fax it from like a Kinko's.
Itwill have to be tomorrow
Old 08-18-2003, 03:35 AM   #21
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran

Quote:
You're lying, you said you read one article from Ebony magazine that stated that. Besides, even if you were telling the truth and read several articles, you did say that only ONE article actually said Good Times was not a spinoff. So HOW COULD SEVERAL ARTICLES BACK UP YOUR STUPID STATEMENT?!? I swear Solomon, you pretend to know more than anyone else about sitcoms, but you really don't know SH#T!
DUDE, CALM DOWN!!!

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
treky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 04:51 PM   #22
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Good Times (1974-1979)
Maude (1972-1978)
Type: Spin Off
Group: 1

Good Times spun off the character of Maude's maid Florida Evans into her own series. It was the story of a struggling black family living in the projects.

Florida was married to James Evans. They had three children. J.J. was the oldest. Played by Jimmy Walker he became a cultural icon and his constant shout of "Dynomite!" became a national catch phrase. J.J. had art skills but was constantly getting in with a bad crowd. Second oldest was daughter Thelma, who J.J. always traded insults with. The youngest was son Michael who was extremely smart. Also in the original cast was next door neighbor Willona Woods (all shows need wacky neighbors).

As the show went on, the family lost its father when James was killed off. Then in 1977, actress Esther Rolle who played mother Florida Evans also left the show. Rolle did not like the image J.J.'s character was sending out and thought he was a bad role model for young blacks watching the show. When sufficeint chages were not made, she left.

This left a family show with no parents. Willona stepped up to watch after the kids. She had not until now seemed the parental type and so she was given an adopted daughter, Penny, played by Janet Jackson to help show her as a capable mothering type.

The character of Florida did return for the final season once she was promised J.J.'s character would be improved.

As an aside I love family shows where the parents disappear. Its so awkward trying to having a family show and get around the fact there are no parents.
Old 08-18-2003, 06:27 PM   #23
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Good Times (1974-1979)
Maude (1972-1978)
Type: Spin Off
Group: 1

Good Times spun off the character of Maude's maid Florida Evans into her own series. It was the story of a struggling black family living in the projects.

Florida was married to James Evans. They had three children. J.J. was the oldest. Played by Jimmy Walker he became a cultural icon and his constant shout of "Dynomite!" became a national catch phrase. J.J. had art skills but was constantly getting in with a bad crowd. Second oldest was daughter Thelma, who J.J. always traded insults with. The youngest was son Michael who was extremely smart. Also in the original cast was next door neighbor Willona Woods (all shows need wacky neighbors).

As the show went on, the family lost its father when James was killed off. Then in 1977, actress Esther Rolle who played mother Florida Evans also left the show. Rolle did not like the image J.J.'s character was sending out and thought he was a bad role model for young blacks watching the show. When sufficeint chages were not made, she left.

This left a family show with no parents. Willona stepped up to watch after the kids. She had not until now seemed the parental type and so she was given an adopted daughter, Penny, played by Janet Jackson to help show her as a capable mothering type.

The character of Florida did return for the final season once she was promised J.J.'s character would be improved.

As an aside I love family shows where the parents disappear. Its so awkward trying to having a family show and get around the fact there are no parents.

The website that you copied this from is the crossover site. I already had a conversation with him about Good Times and He will be removing it soon. Once again Brian, NICE TRY.
Old 08-18-2003, 06:51 PM   #24
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

I bet you he doesn't remove it.
Old 08-18-2003, 07:01 PM   #25
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
I bet you he doesn't remove it.

I think he will, i already emailed him.
Old 10-24-2004, 12:20 PM   #26
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

King Forresstor I bumped this up for you. Please Read
Old 10-24-2004, 01:25 PM   #27
Zebra 3
Striped Tomato

Lightbulb 'All in the Family', 'Maude' & 'Good Times'

Brian's right. Good Times (1974-79) did spinoff from Maude (1972-79) and I like to repeat that Maude was a spinoff of All in the Family (1971-79).

Maude first appeared on All in the Family in 1971 and a second time in 1972 in the episode titled Maude, and Florida first appeared in the sitcom Maude from 1972 to '74 to eventually ending up on Good Times.
Zebra 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 01:29 PM   #28
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Default Re: 'All in the Family', 'Maude' & 'Good Times'

Quote:
Originally posted by Zebra 3
Brian's right. Good Times (1974-79) did spinoff from Maude (1972-79) and I like to repeat that Maude was a spinoff of All in the Family (1971-79).

Maude first appeared on All in the Family in 1971 and a second time in 1972 in the episode titled Maude, and Florida first appeared in the sitcom Maude from 1972 to '74 to eventually ending up on Good Times.

I have moved past the topic of Good Times not being a spinoff because i proved my point with several articles. This post is about Out of the Blue not being a spinoff of Happy Days. Happy Days only had 3 spinoffs not 4.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:46 PM   #29
James"Thunder"Early
Whoever's In New England

I was confused how Out of the Blue was related to Happy Days.

Peggy Mitchell: Get outta my pub!

You better pray you get the last laugh, it's a kick in the teeth when you don't get it.
James"Thunder"Early is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 01:50 PM   #30
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by King Forrester
I was confused how Out of the Blue was related to Happy Days.

The character on Out Of the Blue, "Random" made an guest apperance on Happy Days two weeks after OOTB made it's debut on ABC. OOTB also crossovered with Mork and Mindy.