Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Primetime Emmy Predictions for Comedy; Paramount Heads to Paris for New Comedy
Pop TV Renews Schitt's Creek for Sixth and Final Season, Fifth Season Marathon to Air on Sept. 21; HBO Max Revives The Boondocks
NBC Streaming Service Peacock Sets Reboots of Saved by the Bell & Punky Brewster; The Big Bang Theory Coming to HBO Max, While TBS Renews Through 2028
ABC Sets Reunions of Cheers, The Drew Carey Show, Girlfriends, Charmed, Castle and More; NBC Renews Titan Games for Season 2
Nick Slates Are You Afraid of the Dark? Premiere; Spectrum Originals Drama Goes Back Into Production for Season 2 in 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 16, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Party of Five Reboot Coming in January; Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey to Reunite for Office Ladies Podcast


New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September)

Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season

07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2011, 09:10 PM   #16
dynoguy88
Member
Senior Member
 
dynoguy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 01, 2000
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 2,898
Default

The Connecticut River Valley Killer (who stabbed women to death along the New Hampshire/Vermont border in the 1980's) always interested me so I bought the book about it by Phillip Ginsburgh. One of the victims was Eva Morse who was stabbed to death in July of 1985 while hitchhiking from Charlestown, NH to Claremont. Unsolved Mysteries only showed Eva's picture really quickly along with the rest of the victims and the only attack they gave details on was Jane Boroski's. But the book pointed out that on the day she was killed, Eva arrived at work and told her boss that she was going home sick. When she left, she hitched a ride to Claremont with the intention of visiting her former lesbian lover. She never arrived and her body was found in the area one year later.

The Selena Edon case was the first thing that popped in my head when I read this topic. Many posters here, myself included, speculated that she was a lesbian. Her friend Laurie Gallagher was interviewed in the segment and she was a lesbian. Selena lived in San Francisco. And her qualities and interests made it easy to speculate. She was described by her family as always marching to her own drummer. She worked as a construction worker and she loved motorcycles. I'm gay and I don't like speculation based on stereotypes but in this case, it was always just a feeling I had. Then a friend of Selena's who served with her in the Air Force posted here a couple years ago and told us that Selena confessed to her at the time that she was gay. Some folks thought that the reason she went missing was because she chose to run away so she wouldn't have to come out to her family. But I never believed that was the case. I think the injuries from her motorcycle accident simply resurfaced and she wandered off and doesn't know who she is.
dynoguy88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:40 PM   #17
mattc
Member
Forum Regular
 
mattc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 16, 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 273
Default

On a side note, I have to say how awesome it is to see so many gay people on the UM board!! Perhaps Robert Stack was a gay icon and didn't even realize it I bet he would have been flattered!
mattc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:41 AM   #18
SageSlowdive
the real hank queen
Forum Regular
 
SageSlowdive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 10, 2010
Posts: 544
Default

I believe Matthew Chase was randomly attacked, but I was concurring with those Steven Dahl/gaydar comments. It just seems likely, considering everything everyone was throwing out in the episode.
SageSlowdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:06 AM   #19
crystaldawn
Member
Senior Member
 
crystaldawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 17, 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88

The Selena Edon case was the first thing that popped in my head when I read this topic. Many posters here, myself included, speculated that she was a lesbian. Her friend Laurie Gallagher was interviewed in the segment and she was a lesbian. Selena lived in San Francisco. And her qualities and interests made it easy to speculate. She was described by her family as always marching to her own drummer. She worked as a construction worker and she loved motorcycles. I'm gay and I don't like speculation based on stereotypes but in this case, it was always just a feeling I had. Then a friend of Selena's who served with her in the Air Force posted here a couple years ago and told us that Selena confessed to her at the time that she was gay. Some folks thought that the reason she went missing was because she chose to run away so she wouldn't have to come out to her family. But I never believed that was the case. I think the injuries from her motorcycle accident simply resurfaced and she wandered off and doesn't know who she is.
I wouldn't be surprised if Selena's family already knew she was gay. If you notice the last time she phone her mother (in the reenactment anyway) Selena says something like she found someone and 'she promised to be kind to me'. In my opinion that sounds more like a relationship than a friendship. Also noticed in the Charley Project that she was last seen in a hospital in 1991. I wonder what she was there for. I don't believe UM ever mentioned this.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:54 AM   #20
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,619
Default

I forgot about Selena. I also believe she was a lesbian. And there was also that segment about the lady who was very accurate in her police composite sketches (don't remember her name) and she was filmed on camera doing one of her drawings with an eyewitness who was holding playdoh as he talked. I always figured that guy was gay as well for some reason.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #21
Orange_Sody_84
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Orange_Sody_84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 05, 2010
Location: Myrtle Beach
Posts: 230
Default

I'm also gay. nice to see some Posters are down with the rainbow! but seriously I never really speculated about victim's orientation unless it had something to do with the case.

I cannot recall the man's name but he was Asian. apparently he was found shot to death in his bed. and his friend found him. there was vibes of a coverup because the Sherriff burned the Mattress. rumors arose that the victim had been seeing the Sherrif's wife. but I thought the friend who discovered his body seemed gay. like he was infatuated with the deceased man.
Orange_Sody_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #22
thinwhiteduke74
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 16, 2011
Posts: 271
Default

Does anyone remember that episode? I remember the burned mattress.
thinwhiteduke74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:56 PM   #23
WishfulDreamer
Member
Senior Member
 
WishfulDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 01, 2009
Location: L.A.
Posts: 3,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinwhiteduke74
Does anyone remember that episode? I remember the burned mattress.
Eric Tamiyasu. Very sad case, still unsolved. I think that there was a coverup for sure and also felt that the "friend" Don Dixon, seemed obsessed.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:13 PM   #24
Kane
Member
Senior Member
 
Kane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 07, 2001
Location: MA, United States
Posts: 3,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve W.
What makes some of you think that he was gay? Is it because his roommate Steven Dahl might have seemed to be gay himself from his interview in the segment or just the picture of Matthew Chase? I'm just curious what you're basing this from.
My feelings are similar to yours, Steve. When people start speculating on someone's sexuality, one has to wonder what the speculation is based on. Sometimes people rush to judgment and base their speculation on some small piece of circumstantial evidence, such as the fact that the person currently doesn't have a significant other or has never been married.

As long as we're on the topic, I'll admit that I never suspected that Raymond Burr (the original UM host) was gay. His official biography stated that he had been married three times and had a son who was deceased. However, only one of Burr's marriages was confirmed, and it ended in divorce. It eventually came to light that his other two marriages were ficticious, and that he never had any children. In other words, he falsified the story of a deceased son and two other marriages to cover up the truth about his orientation.

The late Dick Sargent did a similar thing. When he was doing the ABC TV show Bewitched, the network's press biography stated that he had an ex-wife. By many accounts, however, Sargent's homosexuality was an open secret among the cast and crew of the series. But it wasn't until 1991 when Sargent publicly acknowledged that he was gay. He admittedly made up the story of an ex-wife so that people wouldn't speculate on his sexuality.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:01 PM   #25
mattc
Member
Forum Regular
 
mattc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 16, 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
My feelings are similar to yours, Steve. When people start speculating on someone's sexuality, one has to wonder what the speculation is based on. Sometimes people rush to judgment and base their speculation on some small piece of circumstantial evidence, such as the fact that the person currently doesn't have a significant other or has never been married.

As long as we're on the topic, I'll admit that I never suspected that Raymond Burr (the original UM host) was gay. His official biography stated that he had been married three times and had a son who was deceased. However, only one of Burr's marriages was confirmed, and it ended in divorce. It eventually came to light that his other two marriages were ficticious, and that he never had any children. In other words, he falsified the story of a deceased son and two other marriages to cover up the truth about his orientation.

The late Dick Sargent did a similar thing. When he was doing the ABC TV show Bewitched, the network's press biography stated that he had an ex-wife. By many accounts, however, Sargent's homosexuality was an open secret among the cast and crew of the series. But it wasn't until 1991 when Sargent publicly acknowledged that he was gay. He admittedly made up the story of an ex-wife so that people wouldn't speculate on his sexuality.
Wow, I did not know that Raymond Burr and Dick Sargent made up false histories to hid their sexual orientation. Part of me feels that that is a sad commentary about how intolerant our society still seems to be if these men felt the need to go to such extremes.

I also agree that orientation is not really relevant to cases in terms of solving the cases; I think the person who started this thread just was curious what others thought about some of the people profiled on UM. That's all.
mattc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:05 PM   #26
thinwhiteduke74
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 16, 2011
Posts: 271
Default

I'd no ulterior motives: I was curious about sharing experiences about detecting subtext like a couple of posters did with Matthew Chase.
thinwhiteduke74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:32 AM   #27
RobinW
Member
Senior Member
 
RobinW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2010
Posts: 1,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Sody_84
I cannot recall the man's name but he was Asian. apparently he was found shot to death in his bed. and his friend found him. there was vibes of a coverup because the Sherriff burned the Mattress. rumors arose that the victim had been seeing the Sherrif's wife. but I thought the friend who discovered his body seemed gay. like he was infatuated with the deceased man.
Yep, good ol' Don Dixon. One of the oddest things he said was this random line: "The only ones that I know that didn't do it are my wife and myself". His mention of his wife was so out of the blue and just seemed like he was trying to convey: "See? I really didn't have a homosexual crush on my friend. I'm married, you know!".
RobinW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:46 PM   #28
thinwhiteduke74
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 16, 2011
Posts: 271
Default

Unfortunately I can't find that episode online.
thinwhiteduke74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:16 PM   #29
mattc
Member
Forum Regular
 
mattc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 16, 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinwhiteduke74
Unfortunately I can't find that episode online.
While checking out the forbidden site, search using "burned evidence" and it should come up Hope that helps.
mattc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:16 PM   #30
thinwhiteduke74
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 16, 2011
Posts: 271
Default

Yep. Don Dixon is a weird 'un.
thinwhiteduke74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:00 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.