Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Spin-offs and One-Year Wonders

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboots for The Office and Even Hogan's Heroes?; The Boondocks Returning for Two New Seasons on HBO Max
Fri-Yay: Primetime Emmy Predictions for Comedy; Paramount Heads to Paris for New Comedy
Pop TV Renews Schitt's Creek for Sixth and Final Season, Fifth Season Marathon to Air on Sept. 21; HBO Max Revives The Boondocks
NBC Streaming Service Peacock Sets Reboots of Saved by the Bell & Punky Brewster; The Big Bang Theory Coming to HBO Max, While TBS Renews Through 2028
ABC Sets Reunions of Cheers, The Drew Carey Show, Girlfriends, Charmed, Castle and More; NBC Renews Titan Games for Season 2
Nick Slates Are You Afraid of the Dark? Premiere; Spectrum Originals Drama Goes Back Into Production for Season 2 in 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 16, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September)

Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season

07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-21-2001, 02:15 PM   #16
TV Guy

Man, I remember when Gale Gordon guest starred as Mr. Mooney -- he must have been close to 100, and looked it (OK, I'm exaggerating, but you get the idea). I couldn't believe that he was still alive. (OT - I read recently that the first Mrs. Wilson from "Dennis the Menace" is still alive, and is around 100 years old. Amazing.)
TV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:06 PM   #17
Roy5
Cheap Scribe
Frequent Poster

Talking Hi, Honey, I'm Home

I loved that show. Really took me back because I was born in the '50s and I can remember it being just like that. I felt bad for Mike Duff, the next door neighbor and the only one privy to the Nielsen's secret. He'd work up the nerve to ask Babs (Julie Benz) out, and she'd turn him down. She seemed to love spinning Mike's heart around like a Frisbee, but she'd have been welcome to do the same to me!

-Roy
Old 02-24-2006, 11:28 AM   #18
howilu

Even though Hi Honey I'm Home had a short network run, it was the first sitcom to be shown on a broadcast and cable network. I remember watching a number of episodes, including the one with Gale Gordon. Whenever things went wrong, Honey would always say "Oh pooh!"
howilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 02:57 PM   #19
Bronx_Girly
Occasional Poster

Quote:
If I wanted to be educated I would have watched 60 minutes or CNN.
Exactly, I was in high school when this show was on, but I loved it because it blended the corniness of the classic comedy shows with a semi-real family. I always liked classic sitcoms because they were simple, and just funny. Sure it was silly, but that was the point. My life was too serious and this was my way of having a good laugh.

I remember the episode where the father is getting upset because he is turning a year older. They throw him a party but he was distraught. It wasn't till his friend Grampa Munster visits and they discuss how life has changed that makes everything better.

I mean I wouldn't mind if my favorite tv family were to just drop by for a visit and discuss the children and work.
Bronx_Girly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:31 PM   #20
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Smile ~~ I have complete series on dvd, HI HONEY IM HOME ~~~

I have a great set of HI HONEY IM HOME on dvd
all episodes in order with custom menus

email me direct if interested

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 09:48 PM   #21
gilligan fanatic
Born to Be Bad

Send a message via AIM to gilligan fanatic

I just got in the whole thing and I have watched the first three episodes so far. It is a lot better than I thought it would be. Honey gets preety annoying with the "I'll get it" line, but I guess that is the point. The jokes are corny, but I think they are suppose to be. Babs is good, she doesn't have many speaking lines, but she doesn't need to , "Chuckie" is kind of a pointless character, he is in the least amount. They make Lloyd sound stupid and a wimp, but I didn't really like that. Overall I would call it a 6/10. I think they tried hard on it. I would have loved to see a GI episode of the show, to bad that never happened. So far it was referenced to in two of the three I saw.

Filmaf ~ Twitter ~ Last.FM
gilligan fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:02 PM   #22
mandy starr
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilligan fanatic
I just got in the whole thing and I have watched the first three episodes so far. It is a lot better than I thought it would be. Honey gets preety annoying with the "I'll get it" line, but I guess that is the point. The jokes are corny, but I think they are suppose to be. Babs is good, she doesn't have many speaking lines, but she doesn't need to , "Chuckie" is kind of a pointless character, he is in the least amount. They make Lloyd sound stupid and a wimp, but I didn't really like that. Overall I would call it a 6/10. I think they tried hard on it. I would have loved to see a GI episode of the show, to bad that never happened. So far it was referenced to in two of the three I saw.
Did you, by any chance, get the unaired episodes? I'd love to see them!
mandy starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:06 PM   #23
gilligan fanatic
Born to Be Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy starr
Did you, by any chance, get the unaired episodes? I'd love to see them!
I am not sure which ones are what, there weren't titles, but I got 13 episodes total if that helps any. Dwayne Hickman is in the 13th episode
Old 08-19-2006, 10:10 PM   #24
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

Quote:
Those shows were great. Their's nothing wrong with corny.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:13 PM   #25
gilligan fanatic
Born to Be Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Walk The Line
Those shows were great. Their's nothing wrong with corny.
No there isn't, that is why I am a GI fan
Old 08-19-2006, 10:24 PM   #26
mandy starr
Frequent Poster

Quote:
I am not sure which ones are what, there weren't titles, but I got 13 episodes total if that helps any. Dwayne Hickman is in the 13th episode
Those are the aired ones. There's supposed to be others (don't know how many) that only aired in someplce like the Philippines. I doubt they'll ever surface!
mandy starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:30 PM   #27
gilligan fanatic
Born to Be Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy starr
Those are the aired ones. There's supposed to be others (don't know how many) that only aired in someplce like the Philippines. I doubt they'll ever surface!
hmm, I will be on the lookout for that. I wonder what classic TV actors guest started on them?
Old 08-19-2006, 11:37 PM   #28
theshark8777
Hats for Bats

The original pilot was shown during Nicks 20th birthday in 1999. It had AJ McLean as Skunk. And the opening theme song was slightly different. I wish I had more episodes the only one I know I still have is the one where Honey gets kidnapped and then gets all those security devices.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:24 PM   #29
TV Knowledge Fan

Default There were only 13 episodes...

...of the series produced in 1991 and '92, and shown exclusively on Nickelodeon (the first six also appeared on ABC in the summer of '91). VIACOM owns the rights to the show, and if they ever appear in an "official" DVD box set, it'll be a miracle.

Make no mistake, "HI HONEY, I'M HOME" was pretty good, but who remembers it today????

TV Knowledge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:36 PM   #30
theshark8777
Hats for Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Knowledge Fan

Make no mistake, "HI HONEY, I'M HOME" was pretty good, but who remembers it today????

I do!!!
theshark8777 is offline   Reply With Quote