Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Spin-offs and One-Year Wonders

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Primetime Emmy Predictions for Comedy; Paramount Heads to Paris for New Comedy
Pop TV Renews Schitt's Creek for Sixth and Final Season, Fifth Season Marathon to Air on Sept. 21; HBO Max Revives The Boondocks
NBC Streaming Service Peacock Sets Reboots of Saved by the Bell & Punky Brewster; The Big Bang Theory Coming to HBO Max, While TBS Renews Through 2028
ABC Sets Reunions of Cheers, The Drew Carey Show, Girlfriends, Charmed, Castle and More; NBC Renews Titan Games for Season 2
Nick Slates Are You Afraid of the Dark? Premiere; Spectrum Originals Drama Goes Back Into Production for Season 2 in 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 16, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Party of Five Reboot Coming in January; Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey to Reunite for Office Ladies Podcast

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September)

Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season

07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-23-2006, 01:45 PM   #76
Troi Tribble
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee G
Yea Troi, I didn't think ABC would be much help. If you register with tvshowsondvd.com, you can request to have your favorite shows issued on DVD. I doubt there is much public interest in Mr. T & Tina, but at least that's one other thing you could do. Have you tried to contact UCLA film & TV archive? Perhaps you could place a classified ad on line or in a publication for people who seek rare TV shows. I think it's going to be difficult for you to find these episodes, I've given you all the suggestions I can think of. I guess no one here from Sitcoms Online has the episodes either, otherwise someone would have contacted you.
Thanks, Lee. How do I get in contact w/ UCLA again? I will try tvshowsondvd.com, too!
Troi Tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:06 PM   #77
EmpressDR
Forum Regular

Cool Good Luck, Troi Tribble

Good Luck, Troi Tribble.
Years ago, in the 1980s when I was searching for an old Tomorrow Show ep, I was directed to one place after another, to be lied to by idiots or know-nothings --one woman told me that all the tapes were erased. I knew that was a lie, because TV networks stopped doing that, by that time. The TV Museum in Chicago had all the eps. I haven't visited the one in Beverly Hills in years, so don't know if what I want is there.

I wouldn't mind seeing the show again. I only recall one bit, at the very end of one show where Mr T is flying around and around the room, with Susan Blanchard running around in circles under him. Maybe that was the anti-grav episode? I think he was proving that he could fly without the belt! I had that image in my mind, but had missed most of that ep, and was wondering what that was all about, for years!

EmpressDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:20 PM   #78
Troi Tribble
Forum Regular

Thanks, Empress, but it's impossible for me to get to a TV museum, it's so far away from me!
Old 01-02-2007, 03:25 AM   #79
bencasey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
Why come here and LIE? You get that posters HOPES up knowing that whoever you are talking don't have sh*T-lol That statement just sounds like BullSH=-"I can' locate it"

I have Checking In and Park Place but I can'tl locate them either"
Look, you really are a moron. Not everyone started collecting 2 years ago like you and not everyone is anal retentive (look it up) and has everything catalogued like you. The person I'm talking about has been collecting for 30 years, going back to the 3/4 days. They are not very organized and many of their tapes are unlabeled. If you want, email me and you can contact them yourself and let them tell you. Then you can apologize to me, jackass.
bencasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:27 AM   #80
bencasey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk-likes-tv
I also remember this show and have spent the last 30 years trying to forget it but to no avail. It haunts me still. Maybe I need psychiatric help.
As shows go it belongs in the "so bad it's good" category, everything about it was plain rotten but like a bad car wreck you couldn't look away.
Around the same time there was a show called Holmes & Yo-Yo which was almost as bad. Almost. But nothing could beat Tina. And nothing ever will.

She has a Holmes and YoYo episode as well.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:31 AM   #81
bencasey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troi Tribble
Thanks, Empress, but it's impossible for me to get to a TV museum, it's so far away from me!

New inventions they've come up with:

Cars, Trains, Planes. You'd be amazed at where they can get you to.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:24 AM   #82
Troi Tribble
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencasey
New inventions they've come up with:

Cars, Trains, Planes. You'd be amazed at where they can get you to.
LIKE it is SO easy for me to just spend so much money and just take off anywhere!
Old 01-02-2007, 11:40 AM   #83
bencasey

Quote:
LIKE it is SO easy for me to just spend so much money and just take off anywhere!

Uh, it's called taking a vacation. Sorry if you are that destitute that you can't swing one. Unless of course you are physically disabled, in which case I apologize for knocking you.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:47 AM   #84
Troi Tribble
Forum Regular

Well, it doesn't have to be "Physically disabled", maybe some people have OTHER circumstances in their life which do NOT enable them to be as fortunate as you! Please show some compassion and understanding!
Old 01-02-2007, 02:07 PM   #85
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Well, it doesn't have to be "Physically disabled", maybe some people have OTHER circumstances in their life which do NOT enable them to be as fortunate as you! Please show some compassion and understanding!

Look let me give you some advice, if you really want this show then you have to find a way to get it on your own. Simple as that. I would have never found the show, "Here and Now" and "The Sinbad Show" without being AGRESSIVE and CREATIVE. So if you want this show then u have to figure out a way to get it on your own instead of asking everyone else how can you get it. Remember, the things you really want in life you have to figure out on your own how to get it.
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:20 PM   #86
Troi Tribble
Forum Regular

Well, thanks, TV, but I don't know where to begin.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:22 PM   #87
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Well, thanks, TV, but I don't know where to begin.

One of the main challenges of life, Wanting something and trying to come up with a way to get it
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:48 PM   #88
bencasey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
One of the main challenges of life, Wanting something and trying to come up with a way to get it
Exactly. Or else you can sit and complain, woe is me. Let's see how well that works out for you. As I'm sure you know, TVResearcher, there are lots of people who want stuff handed to them without having to get off their asses and do some work. Sounds like this person fits that category.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:58 PM   #89
Troi Tribble
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencasey
Exactly. Or else you can sit and complain, woe is me. Let's see how well that works out for you. As I'm sure you know, TVResearcher, there are lots of people who want stuff handed to them without having to get off their asses and do some work. Sounds like this person fits that category.
OR you can just come on this board just to be unnecessarily sarcastic and to flame me!

Last edited by Troi Tribble; 01-03-2007 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:09 PM   #90
Troi Tribble
Forum Regular

Hey, Bencasey! Did anyone ever tell you that you're a jerk? Well, I'm doing it for them!