Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Spin-offs and One-Year Wonders

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Streaming Service Peacock Sets Reboots of Saved by the Bell & Punky Brewster; The Big Bang Theory Coming to HBO Max, While TBS Renews Through 2028
ABC Sets Reunions of Cheers, The Drew Carey Show, Girlfriends, Charmed, Castle and More; NBC Renews Titan Games for Season 2
Nick Slates Are You Afraid of the Dark? Premiere; Spectrum Originals Drama Goes Back Into Production for Season 2 in 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 16, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Party of Five Reboot Coming in January; Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey to Reunite for Office Ladies Podcast
Fri-Yay: We're Up Schitt's Creek; Comedy Central Renews South Park for 3 More Seasons
Antenna TV Acquires That Girl for January and Perhaps More; Disney Just Rolls With It Once Again


New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September)

Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season

07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2006, 07:48 PM   #46
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
i just googled this debate

and guess what i found

this info

Rolle had disliked the Carl Dixon character, as she believed Florida would have not moved on so quickly after James' death. Rolle also thought the writers had disregarded Florida's devout Christian beliefs by making her fall for Carl, who was an atheist. When Rolle eventually agreed to return to the show, one of the conditions on which she insisted was that the Carl Dixon character be written out as if he never existed. This made the Carl Dixon character an example of Chuck Cunningham syndrome.


http://www.answers.com/topic/good-time-legal-term

from here

which quotes from
.^ "Bad Times on the Good Times Set", Ebony, September 1975


so the info is still out there

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Evans

(Carl was never metioned again because Esther Rolle did not like the marriage between Florida and Carl. Part of Rolle's agreement to return was contingent to the show's writers writing the character out of the series.)



ok that was 2 different sources i pulled up in 3 minutes
AND they reference a PRINTED SOURCE

i dont care enough to dig into this in depth and find 10 links but its obvious
the info is legit!


Answers.com another SITE with no Sources-lol A Good Example of a Website that has TV Info with Sources is TVParty.com Those sites you listed were pure BallShet-LOL-LOL
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:52 PM   #47
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!
Senior Member
 
Lamont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 28, 2005
Location: Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
Posts: 5,075
Default ok

ok ok ok i hear u

u keep saying the same thing

u say

THATS NOT TRUE--- ESTHER ROLLE DID NOT DISLIKE CARL!!
u say it over and over

BUT WHERE IS YOUR SOURCE??? where are your facts????

AT LEAST there are websites, even if they are not perfect sites out there, that point out rolle did NOT like the carl character

BUT YOU WANT US TO BELIEVE IT IS SO, simply because YOU SAY IT IS SO???

if she DID in fact like the carl character, then it should be easy to find SOME SOURCE, ANY SOURCE AT ALL that mentions it

other than tvresearcher of course

i mean, u keep saying THAT SOURCE IS WRONG, buuuuuuuuut u do NOT offer any conflicting evidence

ok if u say that site is wrong, GREAT --- please show me the proof that it is wrong--- i cannot assume its wrong just because you say it is wrong--- i mean, if i show u a site that says its RAINING IN NEW YORK and its Sunny out, then great, show me a link and i can see if im wrong, but u just cannot say NO ITS NOT and expect anyone to believe u, just because your opinion is different than what the online sources same---

its like a defense attorney saying MY CLIENT DID NOT DO IT, and thats the whole defense! well, we need a little bit more than that.....

lol
__________________

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:55 PM   #48
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
ok ok ok i hear u

u keep saying the same thing

u say

THATS NOT TRUE--- ESTHER ROLLE DID NOT DISLIKE CARL!!
u say it over and over

BUT WHERE IS YOUR SOURCE??? where are your facts????

AT LEAST there are websites, even if they are not perfect sites out there, that point out rolle did NOT like the carl character

BUT YOU WANT US TO BELIEVE IT IS SO, simply because YOU SAY IT IS SO???

if she DID in fact like the carl character, then it should be easy to find SOME SOURCE, ANY SOURCE AT ALL that mentions it

other than tvresearcher of course

i mean, u keep saying THAT SOURCE IS WRONG, buuuuuuuuut u do NOT offer any conflicting evidence

its like a defense attorney saying MY CLIENT DID NOT DO IT, and thats the whole defense! well, we need a little bit more than that.....

lol


The fact that a Article was listed from ept of 75 and Carl was on the show in 1976 means this debate is OVER.
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:05 PM   #49
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!
Senior Member
 
Lamont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 28, 2005
Location: Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
Posts: 5,075
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
The fact that a Article was listed from ept of 75 and Carl was on the show in 1976 means this debate is OVER.
i just love how u Avoid the big issues and avoid the direct questions and focus on the small items

1. there are many reasons for the 75-76 issue--- maybe the issue date was misprinted, or maybe the interview took place BEFORE the new season with carl aired and maybe rolle was voicing displeasure during filming, which would have been months earlier---
or maybe that source was NOT the right one,
BUT SIMPLY because its says 75 instead of 76 does NOT make a debate over

that is silly

???? IF I SAY BILL CLINTON who was elected in 1982 was a great president---- and i MISTYPE 82 instead of 92---- DOES THAT MAKE THE STATEMENT FALSE????? of course not--- the REAL issue is WHETHER CLINTON was a good president or not--- NOT WHETHER HE WAS ELECTED in 82 or 92

ANNNNNNND the big question is DID ROLLE LIKE THE CARL CHARACTER OR NOT??? and that is STILL the issue, not whether a magazine article cam out in 75or 76?

THIS TACTIC is known as ADVOIDANCE and MISDIRECTION--- where one party in a discussion, attempts to shift the focus onto a minor error and off the big picture,

EVEN IF WE TAKE the magazine article off the table, the other online sources still say that Rolle did NOT like the carl character, and i can pull out 2 or 3 more links that say the same thing-----

NOW is it "POSSIBLE" that there is some huge conspiracy of people who are out to slander the character of Carl Dixon? and they all got together and wrote articles and contributed to sites to misquote rolle? and to falsely claim that rolle did not like the carl character???i guess it is "Possible" but far fetched----

look at the facts--- 1. Rolle was VERY MUCH INTO FAMILY VALUES for the show and wanted a MORALISTIC and FAMILY CENTERED SHOW
so having her devout christian character marry an atheist, that she barely knew--- so soon after the death of her husband of almost 20 years?? made no sense
2. Rolle left the show and Carl was gone too
3. when Rolle returned the Carl character was NOT brought back--- they NEVER EVEN OFFERED HIM THE CHANCE to bring back the character-- he was written out WITHOUT A MOMENTS NOTICE-----
so it seems plainly obvious

also NO SOURCES can be cited where Rolle EVER spoke of liking the character or having been glad they added him

THAT is the big picture!!!

lol
Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:10 PM   #50
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
i just love how u Avoid the big issues and avoid the direct questions and focus on the small items

1. there are many reasons for the 75-76 issue--- maybe the issue date was misprinted, or maybe the interview took place BEFORE the new season with carl aired and maybe rolle was voicing displeasure during filming, which would have been months earlier---
or maybe that source was NOT the right one,
BUT SIMPLY because its says 75 instead of 76 does NOT make a debate over

that is silly

???? IF I SAY BILL CLINTON who was elected in 1982 was a great president---- and i MISTYPE 82 instead of 92---- DOES THAT MAKE THE STATEMENT FALSE????? of course not--- the REAL issue is WHETHER CLINTON was a good president or not--- NOT WHETHER HE WAS ELECTED in 82 or 92

ANNNNNNND the big question is DID ROLLE LIKE THE CARL CHARACTER OR NOT??? and that is STILL the issue, not whether a magazine article cam out in 75or 76?

THIS TACTIC is known as ADVOIDANCE and MISDIRECTION--- where one party in a discussion, attempts to shift the focus onto a minor error and off the big picture,

EVEN IF WE TAKE the magazine article off the table, the other online sources still say that Rolle did NOT like the carl character, and i can pull out 2 or 3 more links that say the same thing-----

NOW is it "POSSIBLE" that there is some huge conspiracy of people who are out to slander the character of Carl Dixon? and they all got together and wrote articles and contributed to sites to misquote rolle? and to falsely claim that rolle did not like the carl character???i guess it is "Possible" but far fetched----

look at the facts--- 1. Rolle was VERY MUCH INTO FAMILY VALUES for the show and wanted a MORALISTIC and FAMILY CENTERED SHOW
so having her devout christian character marry an atheist, that she barely knew--- so soon after the death of her husband of almost 20 years?? made no sense
2. Rolle left the show and Carl was gone too
3. when Rolle returned the Carl character was NOT brought back--- they NEVER EVEN OFFERED HIM THE CHANCE to bring back the character-- he was written out WITHOUT A MOMENTS NOTICE-----
so it seems plainly obvious

also NO SOURCES can be cited where Rolle EVER spoke of liking the character or having been glad they added him

THAT is the big picture!!!

lol

We can't say that she did or didn't like him because there is NO SOURCE supporting it. That's It
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:15 PM   #51
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!
Senior Member
 
Lamont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 28, 2005
Location: Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
Posts: 5,075
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
We can't say that she did or didn't like him because there is NO SOURCE supporting it. That's It

no sir, that is simply not the case at all

there are many sources supporting it

i just did a more intense google search and aol search
and found many other links that say the same thing in different words

HOWEVER, u are simply not willing to accept them

NOW if it was one source that was not supported by quotes and references i could see u saying that it was wrong
BUT there are many sources, and they all say the same thing
and NOT ONE SINGLE SOURCE that i can find ANYPLACE AT ALL, that says the opposite
and plus, COMMON DEDUCTIVE REASONING SUPPORTS that fact

but to you, they are ALL WRONG, and ALL LYING and ALL ARE FULL OF B.S.

in your mind, rolle MUST have loved the carl character because u liked him

so no matter what i say, or no matter how many sites i provide links to
u r going to KILL THE MESSENGER because u do not agree with the message

so i guess, until YOU provide some sort of proof on the opposite side of the fence i will have to stop responding b/c u just restate your opinion
irregardless of any other conflicting statements, links, sites or opinions

BUT that is why things are what they are, and you have a right to your opinion
and i will leave it at that
Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:18 PM   #52
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
no sir, that is simply not the case at all

there are many sources supporting it

i just did a more intense google search and aol search
and found many other links that say the same thing in different words

HOWEVER, u are simply not willing to accept them

NOW if it was one source that was not supported by quotes and references i could see u saying that it was wrong
BUT there are many sources, and they all say the same thing
and NOT ONE SINGLE SOURCE that i can find ANYPLACE AT ALL, that says the opposite
and plus, COMMON DEDUCTIVE REASONING SUPPORTS that fact

but to you, they are ALL WRONG, and ALL LYING and ALL ARE FULL OF B.S.

in your mind, rolle MUST have loved the carl character because u liked him

so no matter what i say, or no matter how many sites i provide links to
u r going to KILL THE MESSENGER because u do not agree with the message

so i guess, until YOU provide some sort of proof on the opposite side of the fence i will have to stop responding b/c u just restate your opinion
irregardless of any other conflicting statements, links, sites or opinions

BUT that is why things are what they are, and you have a right to your opinion
and i will leave it at that

For the Last Time, a Website is an acceptable source. Only if the Site is listing where the info came from.
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:19 PM   #53
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend
 
Mr. Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location: Were you're not
Posts: 61,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
no sir, that is simply not the case at all

there are many sources supporting it

i just did a more intense google search and aol search
and found many other links that say the same thing in different words

HOWEVER, u are simply not willing to accept them

NOW if it was one source that was not supported by quotes and references i could see u saying that it was wrong
BUT there are many sources, and they all say the same thing
and NOT ONE SINGLE SOURCE that i can find ANYPLACE AT ALL, that says the opposite
and plus, COMMON DEDUCTIVE REASONING SUPPORTS that fact

but to you, they are ALL WRONG, and ALL LYING and ALL ARE FULL OF B.S.

in your mind, rolle MUST have loved the carl character because u liked him

so no matter what i say, or no matter how many sites i provide links to
u r going to KILL THE MESSENGER because u do not agree with the message

so i guess, until YOU provide some sort of proof on the opposite side of the fence i will have to stop responding b/c u just restate your opinion
irregardless of any other conflicting statements, links, sites or opinions

BUT that is why things are what they are, and you have a right to your opinion
and i will leave it at that
yea but are they all using Wikipedia as a source? I've seen other sites and that's where they got the information. If it's wrong on one site and they got their information from there, it's still wrong.
__________________
Sonny
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:21 PM   #54
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!
Senior Member
 
Lamont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 28, 2005
Location: Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
Posts: 5,075
Default

Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:10 PM   #55
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Walk The Line
yea but are they all using Wikipedia as a source? I've seen other sites and that's where they got the information. If it's wrong on one site and they got their information from there, it's still wrong.

Did you Janet Dubios CRIED sometimes during Filming? I got the info from Wikipedia.Com, the Best Site for Info-LOL-LOL
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:54 PM   #56
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!
Senior Member
 
Lamont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 28, 2005
Location: Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
Posts: 5,075
Oh No REFER TO POST # 51

Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:09 PM   #57
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend
 
Mr. Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location: Were you're not
Posts: 61,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
no sir, that is simply not the case at all

there are many sources supporting it

i just did a more intense google search and aol search
and found many other links that say the same thing in different words

HOWEVER, u are simply not willing to accept them

NOW if it was one source that was not supported by quotes and references i could see u saying that it was wrong
BUT there are many sources, and they all say the same thing
and NOT ONE SINGLE SOURCE that i can find ANYPLACE AT ALL, that says the opposite
and plus, COMMON DEDUCTIVE REASONING SUPPORTS that fact

but to you, they are ALL WRONG, and ALL LYING and ALL ARE FULL OF B.S.

in your mind, rolle MUST have loved the carl character because u liked him

so no matter what i say, or no matter how many sites i provide links to
u r going to KILL THE MESSENGER because u do not agree with the message

so i guess, until YOU provide some sort of proof on the opposite side of the fence i will have to stop responding b/c u just restate your opinion
irregardless of any other conflicting statements, links, sites or opinions

BUT that is why things are what they are, and you have a right to your opinion
and i will leave it at that
But that's not the way it is with me because I hated Carl.

Maybe some of those sites are run by people who saw it on the internet, and like you believed it and printed it as fact. All anyone wants is a source of where they got the information . I saw Esther Rolle being interviewed on TV a few times. I remember her talking about her problems with JJ but I never heard her mention Carl.
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:14 PM   #58
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!
Senior Member
 
Lamont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 28, 2005
Location: Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
Posts: 5,075
Default

I WALK THE LINE ----
the statements were not directed at u do not worry

YES i know u hated carl, i hated carl, esther rolle hated carl---- the fact is that EVERYONE ON THE PLANET except tvresearcher hated carl


My point was that I located about a dozen different articles and online sources that all made the same claim
that esther rolle did not like the character

and yes, it is "possible" if unlikely, that every one of those statements is false

however---- common sense and deductive reasoning would point out
that it is FAR MORE LIKELY that the statements are true
and since there is NOT A SINGLE SOURCE, magazine, quote, website, etc that ever has any mention of ANYTHING POSITIVE rolle EVER said about the carl character, then ....

well come on, 2 + 2 = 4

some people, however would rather stand in the rain and get soaked, b/c the weather man didnt quote his source --- then to admit that it is in fact raining and go inside

Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:17 PM   #59
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
I WALK THE LINE ----
the statements were not directed at u do not worry

YES i know u hated carl, i hated carl, esther rolle hated carl---- the fact is that EVERYONE ON THE PLANET except tvresearcher hated carl


My point was that I located about a dozen different articles and online sources that all made the same claim
that esther rolle did not like the character

and yes, it is "possible" if unlikely, that every one of those statements is false

however---- common sense and deductive reasoning would point out
that it is FAR MORE LIKELY that the statements are true
and since there is NOT A SINGLE SOURCE, magazine, quote, website, etc that ever has any mention of ANYTHING POSITIVE rolle EVER said about the carl character, then ....

well come on, 2 + 2 = 4

some people, however would rather stand in the rain and get soaked, b/c the weather man didnt quote his source --- then to admit that it is in fact raining and go inside



Can you tell me what Magazine or NewsPaper these Articles are from?
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:22 PM   #60
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!
Senior Member
 
Lamont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 28, 2005
Location: Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
Posts: 5,075
Default

YES i can tell u the sources i found

BUT no i wont

why? b/c u will simply say they are LYING! or the sources dont have a bibliography, or that they are all wrong, etc, etc, etc

b/c i found them online and therefore, in your book, they must certainly be wrong

so therefore, its a waste of time for me to do so

i posted a few quotes and articles, and u just said they were wrong--- no real reason why, no evidence to the contrary, no real proof that they were wrong, just that they were wrong----

and then u try to bring the circular logic, back full circle again---- by trying to take it back into your whole ONLINE SOURCE= bad, NEWSPAPER= good routine again---- and weve been over it a million times---- newspapers are WRONG all the time, i have stacks of old people/hollywood gossipe/teen beat/etc mags, that have TONS and TONS of wrong info and wrong gossip--- but to u, somehow its carved in stone, and u refuse to even consider the possibility

HOWEVER, if u can find ANY SOURCE at all that supports the belief that esther rolle liked the horrible carl character please post that info and ill gladly retract my view

its painfully obvious to everyone who knows the show, knows the character and looks it up online...... well, ALMOST everyone




lol
Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.