Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Spin-offs and One-Year Wonders

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Streaming Service Peacock Sets Reboots of Saved by the Bell & Punky Brewster; The Big Bang Theory Coming to HBO Max, While TBS Renews Through 2028
ABC Sets Reunions of Cheers, The Drew Carey Show, Girlfriends, Charmed, Castle and More; NBC Renews Titan Games for Season 2
Nick Slates Are You Afraid of the Dark? Premiere; Spectrum Originals Drama Goes Back Into Production for Season 2 in 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 16, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Party of Five Reboot Coming in January; Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey to Reunite for Office Ladies Podcast
Fri-Yay: We're Up Schitt's Creek; Comedy Central Renews South Park for 3 More Seasons
Antenna TV Acquires That Girl for January and Perhaps More; Disney Just Rolls With It Once Again


New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September)

Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season

07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2006, 05:28 PM   #16
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
?????
again im so confused here
IF IT SAYS IN A MAGAZINE that Esther Rolle didnt like CARL----- u will believe that?

BUT IF IT SAYS it online --- you wont????


hmmmmmmmm

ALSO FOR THE RECORD--- NOONE, repeat NOONE other than tvresearcher that I have EVER met seems to like CARL

we did a poll a few weeks ago, OVERWHELMINGLY carl was disliked

his character was an atheist--- Florida was religous and would never married him
he was gangly and looked like a black LURCH

im glad that you liked him
HOWEVER noone else did, that is why they ditched him when Flo came back and never bothered to mention him again, and he was not invited back for the last season


So you would believe a ONLINE SITE that has anyone adding INFO before a Magazine Article?
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:59 PM   #17
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!
Senior Member
 
Lamont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 28, 2005
Location: Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
Posts: 5,075
Default ...

when it comes to something like a 30 year old sitcom

i dont get all worked up and claim its ALL LIES
just because someone writes that an actress didnt like a character on her tv show

i fail to understand the conspiracy that would make up lies about GOOD TIMES

so i try to judge the accuracy using COMMON SENSE
whether its in a book or on a site

if there is NOTHING TO BE GAINED from lying, and the story makes sense and is written by someone knowledgable or who shows u the hows and whys and quotes if possible, then i go with it
__________________

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:15 PM   #18
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend
 
Mr. Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location: Were you're not
Posts: 61,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
when it comes to something like a 30 year old sitcom

i dont get all worked up and claim its ALL LIES
just because someone writes that an actress didnt like a character on her tv show

i fail to understand the conspiracy that would make up lies about GOOD TIMES

so i try to judge the accuracy using COMMON SENSE
whether its in a book or on a site

if there is NOTHING TO BE GAINED from lying, and the story makes sense and is written by someone knowledgable or who shows u the hows and whys and quotes if possible, then i go with it
The problem with some of these sites is that people make mistakes and they submit information without any proof. I have seen so many things on these tv websites that aren't true. Do I think Esther Rolle didn't like Carl? Yea because I can't stand him either and it does go against Florida's character but that in itself isn't proof.
__________________
Sonny
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:18 PM   #19
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!
Senior Member
 
Lamont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 28, 2005
Location: Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
Posts: 5,075
Default

my point is that there are JUST AS MANY MISTAKES in print as online

i have a lot of old tv/movie magazines from the 1970s and they had TONS of mistakes, rumors that turned out false, etc etc etc

its just silly for someone to put tons of faith in printed word
and No faith in online sources

and its also silly to get so upset over the OBVIOUS FACT that noone liked CARL on good times, not met, not i walk the line, not the public, and not Esther Rolle either

i just dont understand how someone can get so worked up over something so insignificant and why they would assume it was LIES instead of the other, more obvious solution
Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:30 PM   #20
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,918
Default

I refuse to debate this silly topic of what has more credibility a ONLINE SITE or Something in Print. Not a Topic worth debating. Evetyone should know something in PRINT will always have more credibility than some stupid website
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:32 PM   #21
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!
Senior Member
 
Lamont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 28, 2005
Location: Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
Posts: 5,075
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
I refuse to debate this silly topic of what has more credibility a ONLINE SITE or Something in Print. Not a Topic worth debating. Evetyone should know something in PRINT will always have more credibility than some stupid website
well, i just love how Because u say it, with no support at all and nothing to back up your claims--- that makes it so



TRANSLATION

"IM NOT WINNING THIS ARGUEMENT SO I WILL STOP WHILE IM AHEAD!"?????


Lol

Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:36 PM   #22
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!
Senior Member
 
Lamont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 28, 2005
Location: Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
Posts: 5,075
Default

in all seriousness

you just cannot make claims and make statements that are

DEFINITIVE like that with no proof

u said

Evetyone should know something in PRINT will always have more credibility than some stupid website

so therefore, if your statement is to be accepted it means that
ALL printed sources are more accurate than ALL online sources

so TABLOIDS and WRESTLING MAGAZINES are more accurate than CBS.COM or CNN.COM
if we believe that one

the TRUTH is some printed stuff is right, some is wrong, some websites are right some are wrong

BUUUUUUT if we are to REALLY BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAY 100%

since you, yourself posted your opinions on a WEBSITE and not in a PRINTED SOURCE

we should all assume that you are 100% wrong


Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:36 PM   #23
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
well, i just love how Because u say it, with no support at all and nothing to back up your claims--- that makes it so



TRANSLATION

"IM NOT WINNING THIS ARGUEMENT SO I WILL STOP WHILE IM AHEAD!"

Lol



So you are saying someone should take a website seriously that has no LISTED SOURCES on where they got the INFO from? Even TV Books I read list their SOURCES. As Said before Wikipedia.com and TV.com are JOKES
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:38 PM   #24
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!
Senior Member
 
Lamont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 28, 2005
Location: Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
Posts: 5,075
Default hmmmmm

lets see
i checked a BIG set today
with 35 discs i checked it against an ep guide on tv.com
and it all matched up, every ep

so hmmmmmmm
Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:41 PM   #25
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
in all seriousness

you just cannot make claims and make statements that are

DEFINITIVE like that with no proof

u said

Evetyone should know something in PRINT will always have more credibility than some stupid website

so therefore, if your statement is to be accepted it means that
ALL printed sources are more accurate than ALL online sources

so TABLOIDS and WRESTLING MAGAZINES are more accurate than CBS.COM or CNN.COM
if we believe that one

the TRUTH is some printed stuff is right, some is wrong, some websites are right some are wrong

BUUUUUUT if we are to REALLY BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAY 100%

since you, yourself posted your opinions on a WEBSITE and not in a PRINTED SOURCE

we should all assume that you are 100% wrong



When did I ever say anything about CBS.COM????? I said the websites that allow anyone to ADD info. Why would I say that Cnn.com or CBS.com has no credibility?
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:46 PM   #26
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!
Senior Member
 
Lamont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 28, 2005
Location: Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
Posts: 5,075
Default this is what u said....

Evetyone should know something in PRINT will always have more credibility than some stupid website

u might have MEANT something more specifici
but u said that.....

i wont keep this debate going anymore

since, by your OWN ADMISSION
since u have posted your opinion on a "silly website that allows anyone to post"

what you are saying must surely be wrong



NOW if u can show me a 1974 issue of JET magazine where u claim the same things

THEN it must surely be a fact!

Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:50 PM   #27
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
Evetyone should know something in PRINT will always have more credibility than some stupid website

u might have MEANT something more specifici
but u said that.....

i wont keep this debate going anymore

since, by your OWN ADMISSION
since u have posted your opinion on a "silly website that allows anyone to post"

what you are saying must surely be wrong



NOW if u can show me a 1974 issue of JET magazine where u claim the same things

THEN it must surely be a fact!



I mailed members copies of Jet Mag articles in the past to support TV Debates since I'm unable to post them
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:55 PM   #28
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend
 
Mr. Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location: Were you're not
Posts: 61,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
So you are saying someone should take a website seriously that has no LISTED SOURCES on where they got the INFO from? Even TV Books I read list their SOURCES. As Said before Wikipedia.com and TV.com are JOKES
I read today on Wikipedia that Trapper John M.D. was not a spin-off of M.A.S.H. but was a spin-off of the movie version of M.A.S.H. It's listed as fact but that's the first time I ever heard it mentioned. Another spin-off debate.
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:00 PM   #29
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!
Senior Member
 
Lamont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 28, 2005
Location: Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
Posts: 5,075
Default ....

all sorts of thing on the web are wrong
just as many things in print are wrong

trapper john m.d. is an odd one
b/c it is technically a spinoff
but not really

i mean YES its the same character
BUT played completely differently
by a different actor
in a different type of program
set decades later

sort of like LOU GRANT
yes, thats a spinoff too
again though
the character and the show are totally different than the show it spun off from
Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:04 PM   #30
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!
Senior Member
 
Lamont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 28, 2005
Location: Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
Posts: 5,075
TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
I mailed members copies of Jet Mag articles in the past to support TV Debates since I'm unable to post them
hmmmmm

not sure how to respond

its like one of those TIME TRAVEL PARADOXES that has no answer

i mean, You posted that

Evetyone should know something in PRINT will always have more credibility than some stupid website


and then u followed that up with this clarification

I said the websites that allow anyone to ADD info.

so what do i believe? i mean you YOURSELF are posting these statements on a silly website that allows anyone to add info???? so if i LISTEN and BELIEVE you then i am supposed to NOT LISTEN and NOT BELIEVE YOU????
round and round it goes

Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.