Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboots for The Office and Even Hogan's Heroes?; The Boondocks Returning for Two New Seasons on HBO Max
Fri-Yay: Primetime Emmy Predictions for Comedy; Paramount Heads to Paris for New Comedy
Pop TV Renews Schitt's Creek for Sixth and Final Season, Fifth Season Marathon to Air on Sept. 21; HBO Max Revives The Boondocks
NBC Streaming Service Peacock Sets Reboots of Saved by the Bell & Punky Brewster; The Big Bang Theory Coming to HBO Max, While TBS Renews Through 2028
ABC Sets Reunions of Cheers, The Drew Carey Show, Girlfriends, Charmed, Castle and More; NBC Renews Titan Games for Season 2
Nick Slates Are You Afraid of the Dark? Premiere; Spectrum Originals Drama Goes Back Into Production for Season 2 in 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 16, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September)

Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season

07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-18-2006, 11:06 AM   #1
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci
Default Amy Bechtel

The Amy Bechtel case was featured on yesterday's episode of UM. I went to college close to where Amy disappeared from, and we even displayed her missing persons flier at the convenience store I worked at (for quite a while-- I think it was up close to a year.)

So the question is: Was Steve involved? My boyfriend, also from the same general area, posed the theory that a mountain lion could have attacked Amy, but I thought that they would have found SOMETHING (like a scrap of clothing). Instead, they've found nothing.

What do you guys think?
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 04:30 PM   #2
compulsive dvd
Frequent Poster

I watch this segment everytime it is broadcast. It's one of those that really drives me nuts. Along with Chaim Weiss, Bryan Nisenfeld, this one just makes me go wtf? Her husband did act a little strange, but a polygraph really proves nothing and since as far as I know it can't be used in court, I don't know why they do it anyway. Many of the people interviewed on UM look guilty as sin, but he really didn't. He seemed more annoyed that further investigation hadn't been done. I do understand her family's annoyance though, at him not doing the polygraph.
compulsive dvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 04:42 PM   #3
crystaldawn

I tend to think the husband isn't involved either. His poetry was not exactly the norm but that doesn't mean he did something to his wife. The most disturbing part concerning the husband however was when her family members claimed to have seen bruises on her and she said something about Steve likes to get rough sometimes. That makes you wonder if he was prone to violence. I do think something just happened to her out in the wilderness be it a lion or murder. Don't some people think Dale Eaton (the man who killed Lisa Kimmell) may have been involved in Amy's disappearance? Maybe if Shek is reading this she can tell us some more info on that if she has any.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:18 PM   #4
nohwheregirl
THE Mystery Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by compulsive dvd
Her husband did act a little strange, but a polygraph really proves nothing and since as far as I know it can't be used in court, I don't know why they do it anyway. Many of the people interviewed on UM look guilty as sin, but he really didn't. He seemed more annoyed that further investigation hadn't been done. I do understand her family's annoyance though, at him not doing the polygraph.
The way I understand it, the police use the polygraph to eliminate suspects or to confirm that they're on the right trail. I can't blame the husband for not taking a polygraph. A false positive, or even an "inconclusive," could put him in some really hot water. I don't get the sense that he did it either, but I could be wrong.
nohwheregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:35 PM   #5
shek
Frequent Poster

Oh my, I am not sure that I should even say anything about this but there is no question in my mind that Dale Eaton, the man that killed my daughter, Lisa Kimmell did it. I have some confidential, confirmable information that places him in her area at the same time Amy disappeared. It is being worked on as we speak but can't share the details at this time. Will it lead us to Amy's body? I hope so. But I promise you - it is being worked on and it wasn't her husband that killed her from my information, for what ever its worth.

Sheila Kimmell
shek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:07 PM   #6
Mr. Fuji
Frequent Poster

One thing about that husband. He looked like such a nice, professional guy, but like Crystaldawn mentioned, he beat his wife. Guys that seem so normal on the outside but are prone to domestic violence are the most dangerous people, in my opinion. I'm not saying he did it, but I'm pretty suspiscious of the scumbag (and I call him a scumbag because he beat Amy).
Mr. Fuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:43 AM   #7
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by shek
Oh my, I am not sure that I should even say anything about this but there is no question in my mind that Dale Eaton, the man that killed my daughter, Lisa Kimmell did it. I have some confidential, confirmable information that places him in her area at the same time Amy disappeared. It is being worked on as we speak but can't share the details at this time. Will it lead us to Amy's body? I hope so. But I promise you - it is being worked on and it wasn't her husband that killed her from my information, for what ever its worth.

Sheila Kimmell

Thanks for the insight! I was initially in the camp that Steve was involved, but your information is very persuasive.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:25 PM   #8
dbcoopercatcher
Freedom of Speech
Frequent Poster

Default Do you have outside proof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fuji
One thing about that husband. He looked like such a nice, professional guy, but like Crystaldawn mentioned, he beat his wife. Guys that seem so normal on the outside but are prone to domestic violence are the most dangerous people, in my opinion. I'm not saying he did it, but I'm pretty suspiscious of the scumbag (and I call him a scumbag because he beat Amy).
Yes, I just watched this episode today. Regarding the claim of Steve beating his wife, if you watch the episode, the actress who plays Amy, laughs and says, you know, sometimes Steve likes it rough when referring to the bruise. The way I took this statement is referring to actions between newlyweds ( ya know, a newly married couple getting to know one another). The actress actually laughs after trying to explain the bruise. I'm not saying it is 100%. Just my opinion. Maybe you have outside information to back up your claim. If all you have is that tv show, I think it is irresponsible to call him a wife beater.

As far as the case, I agree with the others, and I do not think Steve is involved. Shek commented that she may have information about the guy, Dale Eaton, who killed her daughter, and he may be involved (shek, I am sorry what happened to your daughter) in this case.

I taped the show and watched Steve, over and over. He is either innocent or the greatest liar of all time. (I can't believe I am thinking a husband is not responsible for his wife's disappearance). Plus, the story tells you that Steve went climbing with a buddy and Amy was in town running errands. I wonder if the keystone cops did a time line or if they just jumped to conclusions. My personal take is someone spotted her in town, caught up to her and somehow conned her into pulling over. i.e. telling her she had a flat, or something was wrong with her car.

I just think we should give Steve the benefit of the doubt and remember he was supposedly climbing with a friend that day. Don't get me wrong, he still should be looked at and watched, but I would follow other leads and not just focus only on the husband.

db

Last edited by dbcoopercatcher; 06-22-2006 at 06:43 PM.
dbcoopercatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:30 AM   #9
shek
Frequent Poster

I haven't seen the episode everyone is referring to but I would like to add that "playing a little rough at times" versus "wife beater" isn't clearly defined in this case and would be reluctant to hang that label on Steve given the little information we have heard. I can reflect on my earlier married years and "rough housing" with my husband ie, floor wrestling, touch football and chasing each other in the park, etc. (I will leave the rest to your imagination. TMI as my daughter would say) We were much more energetic back in those years I sported a few good bruises (so did he) after being tackled or turfing it, but by no means were they a result of an abusive, wife beating husband. Don't get me wrong because I have no tolerence for spousal abuse but in this case I would have to give Steve the benefit of the doubt and not take Amy's comment out of context but perhaps as factual. I could have truthfully said the same thing.

Also, the follow up on Dale Eaton theory is stalled once again, saddly to say. But I will share some of the details and you can take it for what it's worth. Eaton was visiting a close family member (a brother) in Rock Springs, WY. The brother had to leave for Utah and that morning Eaton loaded up his van and told him he was going to go fishing before going home (Moneta, WY) at one of their favorite spots in the Lander, WY area. When his brother learned that Amy was missing and her car was found on the remote Loop Road and not frequently traveled, it struck him as odd because that is the road Eaton would need to take to get to that fishing spot, then add the fact that it was the same day Eaton left his home and Amy disappeared. His brother reported his concerns to authorities but was blown off because they believed the husband (Steve) did it, period, end of conversation - case closed as far as they were concerned.

Almost 2 months after Amy dissappeared, Eaton was arrested for assaulting the Breedens. In his van they found a number of weapons and several other bizzare things, including a pair of handcuffs.

Lastly, there were a number of crimes referred to as the Great Basin Murders where nearly a dozen unsolved crimes remain a mystery including Amy's. The Great Basin is an area that Eaton lived, traveled and worked in most of his life and knew it well. Since Eaton has been in prison - the Great Basin Murders have stopped. Is this all coincidental? Could be but I doubt it. (I covered some of this in my book)

BTW - if anyone knows when the episode on Amy is going to air again - could you let me know. I would like to see it.

Last edited by shek; 06-23-2006 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:17 PM   #10
dbcoopercatcher
Freedom of Speech
Frequent Poster

Default Thanks shek

Thanks for the information. I have noticed that sometimes the Keystone cops jump to conclusions and have tunnel vision. I wonder if the local police in the Amy Bechtel case ever retreived her DNA from the house (or family members) and tried to match it to DNA found in Eaton's van. This Eaton guy sure sounds like a good suspect and maybe someday he will come clean and confess so that STeve (if he truly is innocent) can finally be cleared. Can you imagine living your entire life with the thought that some people in your town gossip that you are a wife beater and killer, when you are truly innocent of both. I still can't eliminate Steve as a suspect, but, I think Eaton is a better suspect, unless the police know more than we do.

Shek, I unfortunately taped over my copy from yesterday or I would send it to you. Maybe, somebody else on this board has a copy of the Bechtel episode and can send it to you. I have no idea when Lifetime is going to run the story again.

thanks for the input

db

Also, when Amy went missing, did the Keystone cops bring out bloodhounds to help locate her. The reason is simple, if the scent went only a few feet from Amy's car and disappeared, then Amy most likely was abducted into another car or van and taken away. If the scent went into the wilderness, then they could have followed the scent.

Last edited by dbcoopercatcher; 06-23-2006 at 03:48 PM.
dbcoopercatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:37 PM   #11
shek
Frequent Poster

From db -"I wonder if the local police in the Amy Bechtel case ever retreived her DNA from the house (or family members) and tried to match it to DNA found in Eaton's van. This Eaton guy sure sounds like a good suspect and maybe someday he will come clean and confess so that Steve (if he truly is innocent) can finally be cleared."

I would think (but can't confirm it)they have a DNA profile for Amy but nothing to compare it to. They only took an "inventory" of the van, they did not process it for "trace" evidence let alone DNA. DNA was still in it's infancy back in those years nor did they make a possible connection to Amy's disappearence and Eaton at the time. (Wyoming only got their own DNA lab in late 2001.) We are also dealing with different jurisdictional and communcation boundries that still prevail. Frustrating!

Then, I doubt that Eaton will ever come clean and confess. We have made 3 requests to meet with him personally with that sole purpose in mind and he has declined each time. To quote his brother, "Dale will never tell on Dale".
Old 06-23-2006, 06:16 PM   #12
Awsi Dooger

Quote:
Also, the follow up on Dale Eaton theory is stalled once again, saddly to say. But I will share some of the details and you can take it for what it's worth. Eaton was visiting a close family member (a brother) in Rock Springs, WY. The brother had to leave for Utah and that morning Eaton loaded up his van and told him he was going to go fishing before going home (Moneta, WY) at one of their favorite spots in the Lander, WY area. When his brother learned that Amy was missing and her car was found on the remote Loop Road and not frequently traveled, it struck him as odd because that is the road Eaton would need to take to get to that fishing spot, then add the fact that it was the same day Eaton left his home and Amy disappeared. His brother reported his concerns to authorities but was blown off because they believed the husband (Steve) did it, period, end of conversation - case closed as far as they were concerned.

Almost 2 months after Amy dissappeared, Eaton was arrested for assaulting the Breedens. In his van they found a number of weapons and several other bizzare things, including a pair of handcuffs.

Lastly, there were a number of crimes referred to as the Great Basin Murders where nearly a dozen unsolved crimes remain a mystery including Amy's. The Great Basin is an area that Eaton lived, traveled and worked in most of his life and knew it well. Since Eaton has been in prison - the Great Basin Murders have stopped. Is this all coincidental? Could be but I doubt it. (I covered some of this in my book)
Very good info, shek. Makes Eaton an extremely good suspect, if Amy went missing on the same day.

But weren't the bodies always found in the so-called Great Basin Murders? Normally dumped along remote roadways? It would be strange if Eaton changed his MO in one case only. Of course, it's possible he did not, just Amy's body was never found. I'm wondering if there are other missing females in that area during that period, same age bracket but never connected to the Great Basin Murders for whatever reason.

I've read many of the bodies in the Great Basin Murders were posed in the shape of a cross. Lisa, of course, was found in the water.

This is a very tough subject and no easy way to ask but I'll go ahead, since I've wondered; do you know if any of the Great Basin victims had patterned knife wounds similar to Lisa? That would be one way to link them. I've read reports those victims were attacked and killed but the articles don't mention cause of death. If Eaton didn't hold the other victims very long and they were killed close to time of abduction, and not on his property, it's logical the MO and type of wounds could have varied.

I know there's some debate whether the murders are connected, although I definitely think they are. Thank you for confirming that the murders stopped after Eaton was jailed.
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 09:30 AM   #13
shek
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger
Very good info, shek. Makes Eaton an extremely good suspect, if Amy went missing on the same day.

But weren't the bodies always found in the so-called Great Basin Murders? Normally dumped along remote roadways? It would be strange if Eaton changed his MO in one case only. Of course, it's possible he did not, just Amy's body was never found. I'm wondering if there are other missing females in that area during that period, same age bracket but never connected to the Great Basin Murders for whatever reason.

I've read many of the bodies in the Great Basin Murders were posed in the shape of a cross. Lisa, of course, was found in the water.

This is a very tough subject and no easy way to ask but I'll go ahead, since I've wondered; do you know if any of the Great Basin victims had patterned knife wounds similar to Lisa? That would be one way to link them. I've read reports those victims were attacked and killed but the articles don't mention cause of death. If Eaton didn't hold the other victims very long and they were killed close to time of abduction, and not on his property, it's logical the MO and type of wounds could have varied.

I know there's some debate whether the murders are connected, although I definitely think they are. Thank you for confirming that the murders stopped after Eaton was jailed.
Hi Awsi,

Those are very good questions and I'll try to answer them the best I can. Yes, most of the vitims were dumped along remote roadsides and a few others were dumped in a river. Then for the most part, all of them were found near remote fishing areas. (But sheeezzz, almost everything in WY is remote)The information about the bodies being "posed" in the shape of a cross is incorrect and Lisa is the only one who had the bizarre knife patterns.The MO and what changed?

First, let's talk about MO's. They are indeed a good "guideline" to connect various crimes but don't always hold true. Take for example the Greeen River Killer. He confessed to some murders that the police hadn't connected to him because it didn't fit the MO and when asked, he simply said, "I knew you were looking for me and wanted to throw off track and mess with your head."

Now, Eaton - what changed? He was married until 1987 and doubt he would take his victims home as a trophy to his wife. So he niether had the time or an exclusive domain to act out on his fantasies to their fullest extent. After he and his wife divroced, he had both, when he abducted my daughter in 1988. All the MO's prior to my daughter's death were very similar but we are still puzzled by the knife wounds after he struck her on the head with a pipe that would certainly kill her. Was he trying to throw off the investigators like the Green River Killer or acting out on his deeper fantasies? But per testimony at the trial, when his psycolosist asked him why he stabbed her after hitting her in the head, Eaton explained that her heart was still beating and wanted to make sure she was dead. We may never know. Greg Cooper, a former FBI profiler did a good job of explaining some of this in my book.

What else changed? Very little pubilicity was given to other victims. Most were displaced, run-aways or lead high risk life styles. Lisa was different and gained more attention and now leaving the victims where they could be found may have influenced how he disposed of other victims to avoid detection thereafter - such as Amy.

Also, satistically, in over 90 some % of the cases, the victim knew their killer and that's why investigators start with the spouse, family, friends and enimies. I think that contributes a lot to why the investigators were all too willing to hang this on Steve, her husband. (BTW, I don't know Steve nor have I ever talked to him.) Statistics and MO's are good tools for investigators but they also need to think outside of the box and I think they have failed miserably in Amy's case.

FYI Amy dissappeared in 1997, Eaton was sent to prison in 1998 and there have been no other unsolved murders referred to as the Great Basin Murders or murders of this nature in that area since then.

Last edited by shek; 06-24-2006 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:00 PM   #14
Gangreen
Frequent Poster

Now that i think of it , it was most likely this dale eaton.
Gangreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:18 PM   #15
Awsi Dooger

Quote:
Hi Awsi,

Those are very good questions and I'll try to answer them the best I can. Yes, most of the vitims were dumped along remote roadsides and a few others were dumped in a river. Then for the most part, all of them were found near remote fishing areas. (But sheeezzz, almost everything in WY is remote)The information about the bodies being "posed" in the shape of a cross is incorrect and Lisa is the only one who had the bizarre knife patterns.The MO and what changed?

First, let's talk about MO's. They are indeed a good "guideline" to connect various crimes but don't always hold true. Take for example the Greeen River Killer. He confessed to some murders that the police hadn't connected to him because it didn't fit the MO and when asked, he simply said, "I knew you were looking for me and wanted to throw off track and mess with your head."

Now, Eaton - what changed? He was married until 1987 and doubt he would take his victims home as a trophy to his wife. So he niether had the time or an exclusive domain to act out on his fantasies to their fullest extent. After he and his wife divroced, he had both, when he abducted my daughter in 1988. All the MO's prior to my daughter's death were very similar but we are still puzzled by the knife wounds after he struck her on the head with a pipe that would certainly kill her. Was he trying to throw off the investigators like the Green River Killer or acting out on his deeper fantasies? But per testimony at the trial, when his psycolosist asked him why he stabbed her after hitting her in the head, Eaton explained that her heart was still beating and wanted to make sure she was dead. We may never know. Greg Cooper, a former FBI profiler did a good job of explaining some of this in my book.

What else changed? Very little pubilicity was given to other victims. Most were displaced, run-aways or lead high risk life styles. Lisa was different and gained more attention and now leaving the victims where they could be found may have influenced how he disposed of other victims to avoid detection thereafter - such as Amy.

Also, satistically, in over 90 some % of the cases, the victim knew their killer and that's why investigators start with the spouse, family, friends and enimies. I think that contributes a lot to why the investigators were all too willing to hang this on Steve, her husband. (BTW, I don't know Steve nor have I ever talked to him.) Statistics and MO's are good tools for investigators but they also need to think outside of the box and I think they have failed miserably in Amy's case.

FYI Amy dissappeared in 1997, Eaton was sent to prison in 1998 and there have been no other unsolved murders referred to as the Great Basin Murders or murders of this nature in that area since then.
That's plenty of good info. Many online articles have mentioned the posed aspect so it surprised me that was wrong. Were the other victims stabbed?

I completely agree on MOs and how a single perpetrator can vary what he does, including intentionally. On another site I post on, regarding the East Area Rapist/Original Night Stalker, (also a UM case) the basic MO is always the same but apparent minor differences in individual cases has caused many posters to invent additional or copcat EARS to account for the minor variances. It frustrates the heck out of me, since the burden of adding additional masked rapists with the same build and type of attack in the same area/same time frame is never weighed properly. They'll just say yeah there was at least one to three more and pat themselves on the back. Meanwhile, the so-called differences they are basing it on could be nothing more than bad info in media reports, like the posed aspect in the articles about the Great Basin Murders.

I didn't realize Eaton was married until '87. Agreed, anything before that would be a quick "road game" murder almost by necessity.

Do you know if the other victims were also abducted from their vehicles? That's the case with Lisa and Amy. Or at least Amy had a vehicle. She could have been running while abducted. But I gather from your description of the others that they may have been at low points in their lives and possibly not had a car, instead abducted off the street or perhaps hithchiking.

Many UM cases have included the aspect of too much focus placed on the family and friends. I think first of the man whose mother was killed by a lunatic, after the son gave the man a ride from a fast food restaurant late at night then the man tried to force the son to give him the truck. I completely agree with your instincts the Bechtel investigation was compromised by too much attention on Steve.

Two years ago my best friend was murdered here in Las Vegas and it was awkward as hell when the homicide detective was asking me the last time I saw Larry and what I was doing during the period he went missing, etc. I know they have to do it but that didn't make it any easier. Some friends of Larry refused to talk to the investigators after I told them what he asked me. Still apparently unsolved, or at least I've heard nothing.

Sheila, I hope Eaton changes his mind and talks to you. Although that quote from his brother was amazing and probably very accurate. I'm sure I would have the same instinct, that talking to him -- no matter what a lowlife monster he was -- might provide some missing important detail(s) that never came out in court, or to his psychologist. What he says might be pure invention but looking at him face to face would allow you to evaluate his mannerisms and speech and personaility enough to gauge whether you believed it was the truth or some semblance. I wouldn't give up on it.
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote