Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Dharma & Greg links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Dharma & Greg Photo Gallery

Dharma & Greg - Season One

Buy Dharma & Greg - Season One on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Dharma & Greg

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Fall Pilot Review: Bob Hearts Abishola - Premieres Monday (Sept. 23); ABC Fall Pilot Review: mixed-ish - Premieres Tuesday (Sept. 24)
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 23, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboots for The Office and Even Hogan's Heroes?; The Boondocks Returning for Two New Seasons on HBO Max
Fri-Yay: Primetime Emmy Predictions for Comedy; Paramount Heads to Paris for New Comedy
Pop TV Renews Schitt's Creek for Sixth and Final Season, Fifth Season Marathon to Air on Sept. 21; HBO Max Revives The Boondocks
NBC Streaming Service Peacock Sets Reboots of Saved by the Bell & Punky Brewster; The Big Bang Theory Coming to HBO Max, While TBS Renews Through 2028
ABC Sets Reunions of Cheers, The Drew Carey Show, Girlfriends, Charmed, Castle and More; NBC Renews Titan Games for Season 2

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September)

Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season

07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-24-2003, 05:28 PM   #1
TheSC
Frequent Poster

Default They're back. The Vanity Cards, i can't believe they're back.

Watch Two and a Half Men, starring Charlie Sheen. It's co-created by the same person who created Dharma & Greg, Chuck Lorre. I was so thrilled to see them back. And they picked off where they last left off on Dharma & Greg. So vanity card 108 was shown on the first episode of Two and a Half Men.
the vanity cards are so neat. i would think more shows would have them, but they don't.
TheSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 05:29 PM   #2
Crimson and Clover
Forum Veteran

Cool. I liked those.

My Etsy shop
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MotherMary

You'll never find a sweeter combination
As peace and love - Mishka
Crimson and Clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 10:33 PM   #3
Bisz
Frequent Poster

I wasn't planning on watching any of the new shows this season but this I have to check out.
Bisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 11:29 PM   #4
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

I saw them. Two and a half men is a great show. It looks like Chuck Lorre has another hit on his hands.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:33 PM   #5
Bisz
Frequent Poster

CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #108 When Dharma was cancelled my heart was broken. Over the next few years my efforts to mend it by creating a new show led to an even deeper emotional nadir when I noticed that I had somehow become the author of a seemingly endless succession of failed pilots and pilot scripts. This was not a big enough string of stinkers to lower AOL-Time Warner's stock price (that had already been done by people more incompetent than myself), but my ill-advised attempts at heart-mending were sufficient enough to cause people in suits to not look up from their cobb salads when I ambled into the WB commissary (in Hollywood even has-beens amble). But I was indomitable. I kept writing... and failing... and ambling. And then, about a year ago, my good friend and favorite cross-to-bear, Lee Aronsohn, told me he needed to write something fairly quickly in order to keep his Writer's Guild health insurance. Everyone -- friends, agents, execs -- told me not to get involved. They assured me that I was too big, too successful, for such a partnership. You see where this is going. Lee and I wrote "Two and a Half Men." Which brings me to the glaringly obvious spiritual lesson in all this. How do you mend a broken heart? The Bee Gee's never figured it out, but I did. You help a friend keep their health insurance from lapsing.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:07 PM   #6
Nanny Fine
Justine and Holden..

I'm not sure I understand, what is a Vanity Card?

How it all came down to this, only the Devil knows. Retail Rodeo is at the corner on my left. The motel is down the road to my right. I close my eyes and try to peer into the future. On my left, I saw days upon days of lipstick and ticking clocks, dirty looks and quiet whisperings. And burning secrets that just won't ever die away. And on my right, what could I picture? The blue sky, the desert earth, stretching out into the eerie infinity. A beautiful never-ending nothing.

~Justine, "The Good Girl"

Bush for President!
Nanny Fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 03:48 PM   #7
Bisz
Frequent Poster

You know how at the end of each show all the companies that make the show display their company logos and such. Well, Chuck Lorre Productions displays Chuck's 'vanity cards'. He writes a whole bunch of stuff and then it gets shown on air for free for 2 seconds. Its his little soap box to say anything he wants... almost.
Old 09-27-2003, 03:18 AM   #8
ImKukie
and with good reason
Frequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to ImKukie Send a message via MSN to ImKukie Send a message via Yahoo to ImKukie

thanks for posting the vanity cards. You should make a habit of that since I don't tape the show & am usually too lazy or forgetfull to look it up myself so it was great that you posted it here for me

We should create a thread just for posting each weeks vanity cards & we can comment on them (if we so desire)

I miss D&G but I am happy to know the cards are back

THANX
Old 09-27-2003, 10:39 AM   #9
Bisz
Frequent Poster

No Problem

All of Chucks cards are at his website, www.chucklorre.com Some of the earlier ones even have commentaries.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:05 PM   #10
factsoflife

This may be impossible, but does anyone have all of the vainty cards from "Dharma and Greg" so that they can post them...

Also how do you READ the vanity cards? do you have to record the show?
Old 01-20-2004, 09:03 AM   #11
Nanny Fine
Justine and Holden..

Quote:
Originally posted by factsoflife
This may be impossible, but does anyone have all of the vainty cards from "Dharma and Greg" so that they can post them...

Also how do you READ the vanity cards? do you have to record the show?

Yes you have to record the show. Then you can pause it and read the VC. actually if you go to www.tvtome.com and go to the D & G page in the ep guide it lists all of the Vanity Cards at the end of their respective episodes.
Nanny Fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 01:32 PM   #12
factsoflife

WOW thanks so much.
factsoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 05:57 PM   #13
Cheryl Harrell
I Love You Mike 4-Ever

Send a message via ICQ to Cheryl Harrell Send a message via AIM to Cheryl Harrell Send a message via Yahoo to Cheryl Harrell

I saw that. Evidently he is doing them on new shows now...

"Make it your way, who can beat the Lord, the Son of God. Dear Lord, help me be strong where I am weak, if it be your will"-- The Late Freddie Prinze Sr
Cheryl Harrell is offline   Reply With Quote