Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Leave it to Beaver Online / Leave it to Beaver links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Leave it to Beaver Photo Gallery

Leave it to Beaver - The Complete First Season

Buy Leave it to Beaver - The Complete First Season on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - The Complete First Season (Limited Edition Gift Set)

Buy Leave it to Beaver - The Complete First Season (Limited Edition Gift Set with Cleaver Family Photo Album) on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Second Season

Buy Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - Season Three

Buy Leave it to Beaver - Season Three on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - Season Four

Buy Leave it to Beaver - Season Four on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - Season Five

Buy Leave it to Beaver - Season Five on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - Season Six

Buy Leave it to Beaver - Season Six on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series

Buy Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series (2019 Release) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > Leave it to Beaver

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock
CNN's History of the Sitcom Premieres July 11; Miracle Workers Returns to TBS for 3rd Season This Summer
Antenna TV's Bewitched Double the Darrins Father's Day Marathon; HBO Max Renews Hacks for 2nd Season
COZI TV Father's Day Marathon: Herman Munster vs. Dan Conner; Paramount+ Bolsters Offerings This Summer
Who Are You, Charlie Brown? Debuts June 25 on Apple TV+; FX, FXX and FX on Hulu Announce 8 Premieres for Summer/Early Fall
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 7, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-01-2010, 11:31 PM   #1
Rezny@gmail.com

Question WORST episode (s)of "Leave it To Beaver"--

Occurred in the LAST season of "Leave it to Beaver"-1963's "Don Juan Beaver",had nearly everyone mad at Beaver.Another one was 1963's "The Silent Treatment".In the latter one,you'll understand why just by watching it.
Rezny@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:34 AM   #2
dakert

2 sucky episodes out of 234 isnt too bad an average
dakert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
MickeyMac
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrezny@usnetizen
Occurred in the LAST season of "Leave it to Beaver"-1963's "Don Juan Beaver",had nearly everyone mad at Beaver.Another one was 1963's "The Silent Treatment".In the latter one,you'll understand why just by watching it.

You must have took a hit in the head.

There is no such thing as a bad episode of Leave It To Beaver
MickeyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
bluthree
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMac
You must have took a hit in the head.

There is no such thing as a bad episode of Leave It To Beaver
Agreed!!!!
bluthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:29 PM   #5
McGillicuddy

All I know, is I'm discovering some hysterical episodes! The one with Beaver and Larry making Benjie think Beaver was transformed into a rock was hilarious.
(Beaver the Magician)
McGillicuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:30 AM   #6
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

Thumbs up

I can't think of one!!

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
catlover79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:38 AM   #7
Hughsgirl
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by markway895
All I know, is I'm discovering some hysterical episodes! The one with Beaver and Larry making Benjie think Beaver was transformed into a rock was hilarious.
(Beaver the Magician)
Yeah I'm discovering that we had missed alot of Ward and June scenes that TV Land deleted from their crappy version of editing. There are some cute, sweet and flirty scenes that I have seen so far. One of my favorites thus far is in "Wally's Glamour Girl" when they are doing dishes together and June thanks him for being a helpful husband and reminds him of the time when they were just dating and when he was over to her house for dinner. She said "You practically ordered my mother out of the kitchen to help me with the dishes and held my hand under the water." That is definately an "aww" moment.
Hughsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #8
JudgeGarth
Forum Regular

Yes, there are some bad ones. I didn't like the one where Ward gave Beaver the pedometer and then Beaver bet Whitey his baseball glove that he could walk 20 miles a day.
JudgeGarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:47 AM   #9
70s show watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeGarth
Yes, there are some bad ones. I didn't like the one where Ward gave Beaver the pedometer and then Beaver bet Whitey his baseball glove that he could walk 20 miles a day.
i dont care for that one or the one where eddie trys to get that job in alaska
70s show watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:24 PM   #10
MickeyMac
Forum Veteran

I like those two but to each his own.
MickeyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:15 AM   #11
Torgo
Art by me
Forum Veteran

There is only one I consider bad , but that bad episode is still better than any of the current sitcoms I've seen recently.

The one that is my least favorite(though I still watch it) is the one where Beaver has to wear the bunny suit. It just seems forced all of the situations happening to make Beaver have to walk to school dressed as a Bunny. He has to wear the suit before he gets there(not change at school).

But I still get a chuckle out of it because Jerry Mathers looks so ridiculous, the episode feels like it was meant for the early seasons but not used until the later ones.

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:17 AM   #12
Torgo
Art by me
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70s show watcher
i dont care for that one or the one where eddie trys to get that job in alaska
I love the Alaska episode. A friend of mine did exactly that one summer during college. And hearing his stories about being on the fishing boat, I would have loved to seen Eddie actually get the job just to see him go through those things.
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:39 PM   #13
retroTVfan4ever
PAS/IHE

During the 6th season, the series had some subtle changes and a few weaker episodes slipped into the mix. A couple of those are "Beaver On TV" and "Box Office Attraction". Not saying these are bad episodes, they're just different. Box Office Attraction is unusual for a LITB episode in the fact it ends on a somber, dramatic note. Wally's dream girl ends up not being the type of girl he thought she was. Beaver On TV almost plays out like a spoof of the Twilight Zone, kind of a weird episode. I've noticed in the last season of LITB, other TV shows of the era sometimes get a mention in the episodes. McHale's Navy, The Untouchables, Twilight Zone, Jack Paar, Captain Kangaroo, all of these get a mention at one time or another. That's unusual. I think LITB ended at the right time, 6 seasons was enough. That last season took a bit of a different direction, a little more mature, a little more serious. The series had lost some of the innocence it previously had, but then again Beaver and Wally were getting older. Some scripts worked and other scripts didn't go over as well.

Wally graduated from high school in the 6th season, but he was said to have already been in high school in the 2nd season. That would have been 5 years in high school for Wally, that is wrong. There's a discrepancy in the continuity of Beaver's school years also. So I just figure that during the shows 6 season duration, Wally attended the 7th thru 12th grades, and Beaver attended 3rd thru 8th grade. Both moving up one grade per season. That would be correct.

Last edited by retroTVfan4ever; 09-27-2010 at 08:03 PM.
retroTVfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:12 PM   #14
jehobden

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrezny@usnetizen
I disliked "The Silent Treatment" more than just about any Season 6 episode (although that season is my favorite overall) because it had Beaver acting so childishly and Ward & June acting so stupidly, unable to see Beaver's favoritism for Ward over June while Wally could see it clearly. "The Poor Loser" and "The Book Report" showed a lack of maturity on Beaver's part too, though Beaver's description of The Three Musketeers having watched a comedy movie was funny.

"Don Juan Beaver" has a funny ending to me, with Beaver dancing to that same generic rock tune which seemed to be heard in a lot of late LItB episodes but then pretending to be chastened by the punishment of having no date for the school dance when Ward went in to talk with him.
jehobden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:42 PM   #15
James

One episode that stands out is that "In The Soup" episode in which Theodore was on a billboard and fell into a teacup. Yes, I know it's popular among the fans, but I thought it was rather stupid. (Of course, any episode in which the main plot is something way out there like falling into a teacup is stupid. Give me reality TV any day!)

ISTR another episode in which Wally wanted to join the drama club and took home his costume, only to discover a dress.
James is offline   Reply With Quote