Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Golden Girls Central / The Golden Girls links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Golden Girls Photo Gallery

The Golden Girls - Season 1

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 1 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 2

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 2 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 3

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 3 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 4

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 4 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 5

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 5 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 6

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 6 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 7

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 7 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Golden Girls

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock
CNN's History of the Sitcom Premieres July 11; Miracle Workers Returns to TBS for 3rd Season This Summer
Antenna TV's Bewitched Double the Darrins Father's Day Marathon; HBO Max Renews Hacks for 2nd Season
COZI TV Father's Day Marathon: Herman Munster vs. Dan Conner; Paramount+ Bolsters Offerings This Summer
Who Are You, Charlie Brown? Debuts June 25 on Apple TV+; FX, FXX and FX on Hulu Announce 8 Premieres for Summer/Early Fall
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 7, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-04-2021, 01:29 AM   #1
sross1800
Occasional Poster

Default your favorite episode from the 7th and final season

Hi there! My name's Sean! I'm 29 years old, and I've got autism. Even though I was just a baby at 1 year old when the final episode of "The Golden Girls" ("One Flew Out of the Cuckoo's Nest", where Dorothy married Blanche's Uncle Lucas, played by the late Leslie Nielsen, aka Frank Drebin from "The Naked Gun" movies) aired on NBC on Saturday, May 9, 1992 (13 days before Johnny Carson hosted his final "Tonight Show" on NBC), but since my all time favorite season of "The Golden Girls" was the 7th and final season from Saturday, September 21, 1991 to Saturday, May 9, 1992, what's your favorite episode from the 7th and final season?

Thanks!
Sean
sross1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 10:19 AM   #2
bandonurse
Forum Regular

Welcome Sean!

I think my favorite episode of season 7 is "Questions and Answers"

Dorothy dreams about going on Jeopardy. We get to see Alex Trebek. And Rose adopts a dog named Jake, which, true to form, she soon sacrifices to an elderly widower out of compassion.

But I also love The Pope's Ring, because it contains my favorite line:

Sophia: "This could be my chance to get into the Bible!"
Dorothy: "Ma! The Bible's a done deal!"
bandonurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 11:17 PM   #3
JR1
Forum Regular

Like Bea Arthur said, the show had started to strain by the seventh season, wasn't as hilarious the first few seasons were best for me). But if I had to pick , it would probably be "Goodbye, Mr. Gordon" (when Rose books Dorothy and Blanche on a show about lesbian lovers of Miami ) or the finale.
JR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 01:05 PM   #4
GoldenBoy79
Occasional Poster

I too love Season 7! So much fun and hilarity!

My favorite episode is "The Case of the Libertine Belle." I just love the whole mystery dinner atmosphere. Plus, the quips/one-liners were non-stop and hilarious. So quotable!
GoldenBoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 06:20 AM   #5
BestTVever
Frequent Poster

I am not a fan of the last season. But I liked the episode where they go to the high school reunion and pose as alumni and get busted in the end. Rose gets rushed to the hospital and dreams of them getting their heads frozen.
BestTVever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 12:53 PM   #6
TVLegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestTVever View Post
I am not a fan of the last season. But I liked the episode where they go to the high school reunion and pose as alumni and get busted in the end. Rose gets rushed to the hospital and dreams of them getting their heads frozen.
it was better than season six
TVLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 02:40 PM   #7
BestTVever
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVLegend View Post
it was better than season six
Both were not great but it got worse in season 7 IMHO

Full moon party probably the dumbest episode of the entire series. The scripts got stupid which created such fake over acting like in the episode Blanche dates the Gulf war veteran and dumps him because he's a pharmacist. So dumb. Pharmacists make good money and Blanche always was attracted to guys with money.
But to each their own. I have read here that many find theses seasons their favorites. My favorites are season 2 and 3. 4 and 1 follow them.
Old 04-12-2021, 10:56 PM   #8
TVLegend

Quote:
Both were not great but it got worse in season 7 IMHO

Full moon party probably the dumbest episode of the entire series. The scripts got stupid which created such fake over acting like in the episode Blanche dates the Gulf war veteran and dumps him because he's a pharmacist. So dumb. Pharmacists make good money and Blanche always was attracted to guys with money.
But to each their own. I have read here that many find theses seasons their favorites. My favorites are season 2 and 3. 4 and 1 follow them.
I’ll take full moon any day over “The Cheeseman.”
Old 04-13-2021, 04:21 AM   #9
AMackII
Forum Veteran

A MidWinters Nights Dream
AMackII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 06:13 AM   #10
BestTVever
Frequent Poster

Quote:
I’ll take full moon any day over “The Cheeseman.”
Yeah, its a tough call. But being that Full Moon is a 2 parter, I still will stick to my guns
Old 04-14-2021, 08:31 PM   #11
TVLegend

Quote:
Yeah, its a tough call. But being that Full Moon is a 2 parter, I still will stick to my guns
The Miles and Dorothy storyline was awful. The British guy who manipulated Blanche into stealing from her was too.
Old 04-15-2021, 07:00 AM   #12
BestTVever
Frequent Poster

Quote:
The Miles and Dorothy storyline was awful. The British guy who manipulated Blanche into stealing from her was too.
In real time, I was so disappointed Bea was leaving the show and ending it. But looking back, OMG it was the right thing to do. Like any sitcom, completely out of ideas and the characters morphed into characters they were not in the beginning.
The scripts were going for laugh lines after every sentence instead of quality story lines.
Old 04-15-2021, 04:58 PM   #13
bandonurse
Forum Regular

Quote:
Yes! I thought it was just me who hated that Dorothy and Miles kissed.
Not cool, Miles! Not cool, Dorothy!
bandonurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:34 PM   #14
TVLegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandonurse View Post
Yes! I thought it was just me who hated that Dorothy and Miles kissed.
Not cool, Miles! Not cool, Dorothy!
It looked weird and awkward. And it didn’t help that Rose was completely clueless for the most part and couldn’t even comprehend and understand the most OBVIOUS clues.
Old 04-15-2021, 09:41 PM   #15
TVLegend

Quote:
In real time, I was so disappointed Bea was leaving the show and ending it. But looking back, OMG it was the right thing to do. Like any sitcom, completely out of ideas and the characters morphed into characters they were not in the beginning.
The scripts were going for laugh lines after every sentence instead of quality story lines.
You could see that Bea was tired of playing the same old tiring, snarky, sarcastic, domineering Dorothy and going along with the same old rather predictable lines and plots by the seventh season. It was evident in her acting. Dorothy really had no real storylines in season seven. I mean, seeing a Beatles IMPERSONATOR and kissing your best friend’s BOYFRIEND? Really? I did enjoy The Case Of The Libertine Belle and Room Seven though.