Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Soaps Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Soaps

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 2, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: A Look at the Party of Five Reboot; The Simpsons Not Ending Soon, Says Producer
Dove Channel Brings Out Holiday Classics; CW Gets DC Universe Series with Sitcom Star

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-11-2003, 09:58 AM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Reruns of 'Days of Our Lives' to SOAPNet! in March, 2004

In a landmark multiyear deal, SoapNet has pacted with Sony Pictures Television for same-day repurposing rights to NBC's top-rated "Days of Our Lives." Agreement marks the first time the Disney-owned cabler has won the right to air an existing daytime drama not produced by sister net ABC.

Both Sony and SoapNet declined to discuss terms of the deal, but industry insiders peg the value at mid-seven figures per year.

Starting March 15, "Days" will air weeknights at 7, leading into SoapNet's block of ABC sudsers. SoapNet will air a five-episode marathon of the previous week's episodes of "Days" on Sundays.

SoapNet general manager Deborah Blackwell said it's impossible to overestimate the importance of landing "Days."

"This will be transformational for our network," she said. "It's something we've wanted and worked for during the entire life of the network. Our big idea with the network was to serve the whole world of soaps, and this really gives us a way to invite the bigger daytime audience to SoapNet."

While SoapNet has aired plenty of original programming about non-ABC soaps -- and airs repeats of classic CBS primetime sudsers such as "Dallas" -- the net's primetime stars have always been Alphabet serials.

With the "Days" deal, it now seems clear Disney has the lock on the analog cable sudser space, while Sony's successful SoapCity Web site has established a dominant presence in the digital world. Sony will continue to offer downloads of "Days" episodes on the site.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 10:26 AM   #2
ClassicTV4Ever
Coming November 27th!

That's pretty cool, especially since I will be getting SoapNet on the 18th. I just wonder when/if they'll ever be able to air older episodes of DAYS.
ClassicTV4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 11:07 AM   #3
TVJunkie101
Member...you 'member?

Send a message via AIM to TVJunkie101

Quote:
Originally posted by ClassicTV4Ever
That's pretty cool, especially since I will be getting SoapNet on the 18th. I just wonder when/if they'll ever be able to air older episodes of DAYS.
This is great news!

On another board I frequent, I did hear that SOAPnet has limited access to old episodes of DAYS and could air like holiday episodes, etc. for special programming, though I doubt we'll see huge chunks of old episodes, it seems at least there is a possiblity of older episodes airing every now and then in special programming blocks.
TVJunkie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 04:53 PM   #4
I Dream of Jeannie
Undisputed..........

Location: Rebelling againist a group, defining a genre, and supporting Deidre -n- Drake and John and Marlena no matter what, and thanking Mr. Reilly for this magnificant storyline. Woohoo!! Life is good! Dee and Drake are bad. he he he

YAY!!! I'm praying that some old episodes will air, I'm praying, crossing my fingers and my toes and knocking on wood. lol

Die Hard J&M/DnD-er and Proud of It!

"As she gets more desperate and frightened, he
becomes her salvation, as she falls apart, he's right there. It's every child's fantasy and every woman's fantasy of a husband, where he is a knight in shining armor. And Drake is magnificent
at it. It's clean and it's pure and it's right there in front of you." ~ Deidre Hall

"John has always been her salvation. I'm not sure Marlena believes anyone can clear her, but if anyone can do it, it will be John." ~ Deidre Hall

"Yes, it does look really bleak right now (for John and Marlena). I know that, but as in any good fairy tale there's a lot of pain to get through in order to reach the end of a good or happy ending." ~ Ken Corday

Smile God Loves You
www.geocities.com/hazel_n_blue_4ever/index
I Dream of Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 05:04 PM   #5
ClassicTV4Ever
Coming November 27th!

Quote:
Originally posted by I Dream of Jeannie
YAY!!! I'm praying that some old episodes will air, I'm praying, crossing my fingers and my toes and knocking on wood. lol
LOL, same here, I Dream of Jeannie
Old 12-11-2003, 05:10 PM   #6
bry
Forum Regular

cool.
even cooler.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:35 PM   #7
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

Default Re: Reruns of 'Days of Our Lives' to SOAPNet! in March, 2004

Quote:
Originally posted by pavanbadal
In a landmark multiyear deal, SoapNet has pacted with Sony Pictures Television for same-day repurposing rights to NBC's top-rated "Days of Our Lives." Agreement marks the first time the Disney-owned cabler has won the right to air an existing daytime drama not produced by sister net ABC.

Both Sony and SoapNet declined to discuss terms of the deal, but industry insiders peg the value at mid-seven figures per year.

Starting March 15, "Days" will air weeknights at 7, leading into SoapNet's block of ABC sudsers. SoapNet will air a five-episode marathon of the previous week's episodes of "Days" on Sundays.

SoapNet general manager Deborah Blackwell said it's impossible to overestimate the importance of landing "Days."

"This will be transformational for our network," she said. "It's something we've wanted and worked for during the entire life of the network. Our big idea with the network was to serve the whole world of soaps, and this really gives us a way to invite the bigger daytime audience to SoapNet."

While SoapNet has aired plenty of original programming about non-ABC soaps -- and airs repeats of classic CBS primetime sudsers such as "Dallas" -- the net's primetime stars have always been Alphabet serials.

With the "Days" deal, it now seems clear Disney has the lock on the analog cable sudser space, while Sony's successful SoapCity Web site has established a dominant presence in the digital world. Sony will continue to offer downloads of "Days" episodes on the site.
Ummm Soapnet airs Another World, which wasn't produced by ABC, so someone got that part wrong

I just wish they were airing Days the way it was, not how it is now when the show sucks!
spunkygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 12:02 AM   #8
ClassicTV4Ever
Coming November 27th!

Default Re: Re: Reruns of 'Days of Our Lives' to SOAPNet! in March, 2004

Quote:
Originally posted by Topanga
Ummm Soapnet airs Another World, which wasn't produced by ABC, so someone got that part wrong

I just wish they were airing Days the way it was, not how it is now when the show sucks!
I think the article means they're getting the first non-ABC soap that is still on the air to run same-day re-runs. "Another World" has been off the air for 5 or 6 years now and doesn't really count, it goes into the re-run pile along with Dallas, Knots Landing, The Colbys, and Dynasty.
Old 12-12-2003, 02:04 AM   #9
boechsner

It would be really cool if SoapNet were to air the Christmas episode of Days of Our Lives that aired on December 23, 1994 in which we discovered that Marlena was the desecrator and at the end of the episode she was seen levitating.
boechsner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 07:03 AM   #10
Nanny Fine
Justine and Holden..

So they won't be airing older episodes of Days? Bummer

How it all came down to this, only the Devil knows. Retail Rodeo is at the corner on my left. The motel is down the road to my right. I close my eyes and try to peer into the future. On my left, I saw days upon days of lipstick and ticking clocks, dirty looks and quiet whisperings. And burning secrets that just won't ever die away. And on my right, what could I picture? The blue sky, the desert earth, stretching out into the eerie infinity. A beautiful never-ending nothing.

~Justine, "The Good Girl"

Bush for President!
Nanny Fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 11:54 AM   #11
ClassicTV4Ever
Coming November 27th!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanny Fine
So they won't be airing older episodes of Days? Bummer
I think we'll see some older episodes, just not on a regular basis. I bet it might be for special theme blocks or on holidays and other days when DAYS is pre-empted.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:24 PM   #12
bry
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by boechsner
It would be really cool if SoapNet were to air the Christmas episode of Days of Our Lives that aired on December 23, 1994 in which we discovered that Marlena was the desecrator and at the end of the episode she was seen levitating.
you remember that date too? thought i was the only one that remembered that well. john was commencing midnight mass at st. lukes then too.
the year before was a good one too when isabella was returned to marlena and roman at mass after sami kidnapped her.
bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 05:52 PM   #13
I Dream of Jeannie
Undisputed..........

Location: Rebelling againist a group, defining a genre, and supporting Deidre -n- Drake and John and Marlena no matter what, and thanking Mr. Reilly for this magnificant storyline. Woohoo!! Life is good! Dee and Drake are bad. he he he

I wish the 2001 Christmas episode would air again, the one that was the cast talking and stuff, not the show. I thought that was nicely done, and I wish I had it on tape, to watch Deidre and Drake snuggle no less, lol. I hope they don't show anything much at all after 98, due to all the gina crap, they need to show stuff from the GOOD ole Days.
I Dream of Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 09:38 PM   #14
Nanny Fine
Justine and Holden..

I want to see 80's stuff -

Bo and Hope's beginning

Kim and Shane

Patch and Kayla

Tony and Anna

Pete and Melissa

Pete and Ivy

Early 80's, mid 80's. That's what I want.

I'd give my right arm to see Kim and Shane's London and Miami adventures again.
Nanny Fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 10:07 PM   #15
ClassicTV4Ever
Coming November 27th!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanny Fine
I want to see 80's stuff -

Bo and Hope's beginning

Kim and Shane

Patch and Kayla

Tony and Anna

Pete and Melissa

Pete and Ivy

Early 80's, mid 80's. That's what I want.

I'd give my right arm to see Kim and Shane's London and Miami adventures again.
Well let's all hope we'll get to see some of that stuff I'd love to see Bo & Hope's wedding and England. I also hope that they'll air the prime time specials.