Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Classic Dramas/Dramedies > Dynasty

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 2, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: A Look at the Party of Five Reboot; The Simpsons Not Ending Soon, Says Producer
Dove Channel Brings Out Holiday Classics; CW Gets DC Universe Series with Sitcom Star

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-07-2002, 05:12 PM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Dynasty coming to SOAPnet in November!

Catfight addicts will soon be able to get a daily "Dynasty" fix on SOAPnet.

The ABC Cable Networks Group's 24 hour soap opera channel has acquired exclusive broadcast rights to the primetime classic starring John Forsythe, Linda Evans and Joan Collins. "Dynasty" first aired on ABC from 1980 to '89.

The series revolved around the filthy rich Carrington family and their attendant scandals, multiple marriages, sordid affairs and shocking crimes.

It will begin airing Monday, Nov. 4 on SOAPnet weekdays at 10 a.m. ET and in a Sunday marathon from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m. ET.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 05:37 PM   #2
TVJunkie101
Member...you 'member?

Send a message via AIM to TVJunkie101

Yay! Thanks Pav! Wow, I haven't seen Dynasty in years, since it was on fx, which seems like AGES ago!

I'm SOOOO glad. Finally, a *new* show on SOAPnet.
TVJunkie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 06:01 PM   #3
Sean Snow
moo
Forum Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Sean Snow

Ahh I wish I had SoapNet! They seem to have some good shows . . . Knots Landing, Falcon Crest, and now Dynasty. *le sigh*
Sean Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 06:12 PM   #4
TVJunkie101
Member...you 'member?

I've seen just about every episode of Falcon Crest, Knots Landing and The Colbys to last me a lifetime, thank god something "new" is coming.

I knew it was only a matter of time, but I was still surprised, LOL.

SOAPnet is a pretty good network. I just wish they'd stop showing the current ABC shows SOOO much a day, and bring on a few other classics (Dallas, maybe even Loving and Edge of Night, just something DIFFERENT).
Old 10-07-2002, 06:39 PM   #5
Sean Snow
moo
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by TVJunkie101

SOAPnet is a pretty good network. I just wish they'd stop showing the current ABC shows SOOO much a day, and bring on a few other classics (Dallas, maybe even Loving and Edge of Night, just something DIFFERENT).
I remember reading a few months ago that the president or the programming department of the network would like to bring in Search for Tomorrow, Dark Shadows (if Sci Fi decides not to renew it when it's contract is up, which I'd assume would be soon since they've had it since 1992), and either The Edge of the Night or Loving, can't remember which.
Old 10-07-2002, 07:24 PM   #6
JT

"Santa Barbara" too
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 07:59 PM   #7
TVJunkie101
Member...you 'member?

SOAPnet should really start a second channel; the original could feature original programming as well as repeats of the daytime soaps, while the second one could feature classic daytime and primetime soaps.

I would love to be able to see all those old soaps again; I was watching RYAN'S HOPE, but they've gone through so many cast changes (its in the 1980s now) I can hardly keep track, LOL. So, I've stopped watching.

Wow, Dark Shadows has been on Sci Fi since 1992! 10 years. Yeah, the contract should be up for renewel...

Well, it's nice to hear that the head of programming at SOAPnet is interested in those shows, gives us all hope I guess. I'm sure if it were as easy as saying that, they would bring those programs on, but it's probably much more complicated than any of us know.

I just wish they'd add Dallas. TNN must still own the rights. Does anyone know when Dallas was added to TNN? The rights should be up soon...

Well, I am thrilled Dynasty is coming; I never had fx when it was on (I said I watched, but I found a friend with poor quality tapes, but hey, it was better than nothing, LOL) originally.
Old 10-07-2002, 08:02 PM   #8
Sean Snow
moo
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by TVJunkie101

Well, it's nice to hear that the head of programming at SOAPnet is interested in those shows, gives us all hope I guess. I'm sure if it were as easy as saying that, they would bring those programs on, but it's probably much more complicated than any of us know.
Yeah, SoapNet has a hard time making money. Not a lot of cable companies carry it, and if so it's in digital cable. And then since it carries soaps and not everyone likes soaps, that causes even more damage to their ratings. A few months ago I read a statement from the network president saying they would not acquire any new shows until 2003 since they don't have enough money to get them, so I was surprised to see that they acquired Dynasty for reruns.
Old 10-07-2002, 08:17 PM   #9
TVJunkie101
Member...you 'member?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean Snow

Yeah, SoapNet has a hard time making money. Not a lot of cable companies carry it, and if so it's in digital cable. And then since it carries soaps and not everyone likes soaps, that causes even more damage to their ratings. A few months ago I read a statement from the network president saying they would not acquire any new shows until 2003 since they don't have enough money to get them, so I was surprised to see that they acquired Dynasty for reruns.
Yeah, it was a surprise for me as well. So, there is a possiblity of new shows in 2003, or just an estimation/hope by the network president? Hmm. Good thing I'm taping Knots Landing (14 seasons, yeesh... lots of videotapes, lol). I don't see why Sisters and Hotel are on SOAPnet. So I wouldn't mind if those were replaced.

Yeah, I get SOAPnet on regular cable, and of course satellite. But it's still limited. I don't know HOW GoodLife TV is able to stay afloat, they are hardly on anywhere. It would do them good to be added to DirecTV or Dish, to get much more exposure. Such a shame, what a good channel, IMO. I wish I had it.

Was there any indication in what you read about any new shows coming? Or did they mention anything regarding specific shows? I mean, I know you said they WANTED some shows, but any indication on whether they acquired anything or were close to?
Old 10-07-2002, 09:00 PM   #10
JT

*cries* I NEED SOAPNET DAMNIT!!!
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 09:04 PM   #11
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Quote:
Originally posted by JT
Now I want this channel, I have it, but it's on Digital here. I use to watch Dynasty on ABC.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 10:40 PM   #12
boechsner

Quote:
Originally posted by JT
I hear you! I have Directv but don't have the package with SoapNet. Meanwhile, the question is, what is SoapNet dropping. I certainly hope it's not Falcon Crest or Knots Landing. Hotel or Sisters should be dropped.
boechsner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 05:13 AM   #13
TVJunkie101
Member...you 'member?

I'm pretty sure the only thing being dropped is the morning airing of Knots Landing. Knots airs twice a day, but when Dynasty comes, it will air only once in the afternoon.

But yeah, if anything is dropped, I too hope it's either Sisters or Hotel.
Old 10-08-2002, 05:50 PM   #14
Sean Snow
moo
Forum Veteran

In what I read, it was just wishful thinking upon hte president and programming department's part. After JT mentioned "Santa Barbara" I remembered that it wasn't Loving or EOTN, but "Santa Barbara" that was mentioned. From what I read it seems that if they have enough money for them they would like to acquire them some day.
Old 10-08-2002, 05:53 PM   #15
TVJunkie101
Member...you 'member?

Anything would be nice, LOL.