Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Hope for Sitcoms of the 2020s; Good Times Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience
All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #16
Smilings
Forum Regular

Default Lassie ran 133 dog years!

Lassie ran 19 years? That's 133 dog years.

Lassie was still going after 133 years. Betty White said "so?"

But seriously, everything looks beautiful.

Kudos on putting together an amazing collection.

Last edited by Smilings; 01-12-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Smilings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #17
Regulus

Actually it's 133 Years. These sets are OUTSTANDING, and I thank Heaven someone had the guts to put these out, since Classic Media/Dreamworks refuses to make this series, save for a handful of episodes available on DVD. As I mentioned earlier, I never knew why Lassie changed owners, because whoever was in charge of syndicating this program left out the seasons where the dog changed hands, as well as the "Experimental" Episodes of Seasons Nine and Ten, where Lassie spent time away from Timmy and was in the hands of other people. The Five-Part Episode from Season Ten called The Disappearance sealed Lassie's Fate, as it received the most positive feedback among viewers. Bear in mind the Producers of this show realized John Provost ("Timmy") was growing up, and would most likely do the same thing Tommy Rettig ("Jeff") did as he achieved adolescence. Tommy Rettig indicated that he no longer wanted to be in the series, so they arranged to phase him out in Season Four, but when the Actor known as "Gramps" (George Cleveland) assumed Room Temperature during filming they pushed things up a bit, and Jeff gives Lassie to Timmy in an episode that starts with a Reception after Gramp's Funeral.

The case for Timmy was a bit more complicated. The Producers pondered the question "What would force Timmy to give up ownership of Lassie?" (I have an idea, lets WHACK Timmy ) NO, if we do that we'll get "Flame Mail" by the ton, and our next season will last 13 episodes and THAT'S IT! Every Idea they came up with got thwarted, until on one fateful day a Studio Employee, who was having a day off decided to visit the set. He wanted to introduce his Boss and fellow Co-Workers to a new addition to his family, a small dog that his neighbor gave to him. Why? His neighbor had gotten a new Job, in Australia. Turns out they had a SUPER STRICT Quarantine policy regarding the importation of Animals that made it virtually impossible to bring your pet. So he gave his dog to his neighbor. The producers checked this out for themselves and that was the Solution they were looking for. So in Season 11 they had Timmy's Father get a Business Opportunity in Australia, and Timmy leaves Lassie with a Neighbor, who then gives the dog to the Forest Ranger who found and cared for Lassie in the aforementioned The Disappearance episode from the previous year, and the series moved on.

Bucket List Shows: Hot Wheels, Skyhawks, Run Joe Run, Westwood
Regulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #18
Smilings
Forum Regular

Corrected dog years.
Smilings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #19
y2k3Joker
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer01
still have your lassie project sets available? (particularly interested in the ranger years..) please advise. thanks!
Yes!
I'm still here ... anyone wanting Lassie can contact me.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, it's much appreciated
y2k3Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #20
katmandu38
Forum Regular

Default ruff ruff

i watched the pilot of lassie from the retail set. i am 49 now and still loved watching jeff and pal(lassie's real name)
katmandu38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #21
58Roadmaster
First Time Poster

Cool FINALLY!!!

This is the most amazing thing I have come across on the Net since I discovered the 1959 Buick (one of which I do not yet but would wish to own) in 2003. Now about Lassie...

I would certainly like to own one of your fabulous collections. I failed to locate how many of the 591 original episodes this will include. I do however have clean VHS copies in SP mode of these three season 15 episodes you do not appear to have:

What Price Valor? Part 1
What Price Valor? Part 2
Moonshiners

If you are interested I could send you the masters and allow you to create your own more perfect reproductions.

I am glad you took it upon yourself to complete a mission on behalf of so many countless others who have had the same desire, but little knowledge, means, or time to undertake it. I believe that C-M wants to continue to "milk" this poor doggie for all She's worth by giving us bread crumbs every few years. Did you see the way they repackaged the 2006 remake as a Christmas story to get people to purchase the same film twice thinking it was something entirely different?

I would like to know more about what Sitcoms Online has to offer the classic TV fan.

Yours Truly,

58Roadmaster

p.s. Yes, I do know that the series Highway Patrol used 1950s Buicks!
58Roadmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:18 AM   #22
happierhannah
Occasional Poster

Default Is this set still available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k3Joker
Still kicking around if anybody wants to reach me .....
Hi, I was wondering if these are still available. And if they are, would you be willing to sell just seasons 1-11 to me in a set and just seasons 4-11 in another set? Could you give me an idea of what the price might be for the two sets? It's for my mom and aunt. I would greatly appreciate this, your sets do look very professional! Also, I live in Canada, so what might shipping costs be? Thanks, I hope you're still selling these!
happierhannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:42 AM   #23
y2k3Joker
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by happierhannah
Hi, I was wondering if these are still available. And if they are, would you be willing to sell just seasons 1-11 to me in a set and just seasons 4-11 in another set? Could you give me an idea of what the price might be for the two sets? It's for my mom and aunt. I would greatly appreciate this, your sets do look very professional! Also, I live in Canada, so what might shipping costs be? Thanks, I hope you're still selling these!
Check your PM
I will send you my email so you can contact me personally.

For anybody else, you can get my email by clicking my username here. It should be in my profile.

Joker
Old 01-02-2014, 10:27 AM   #24
Regulus

Thumbs up

I'm "Bumping" this thread so a person I responded to about this series can find it easier.

Happy (Belated) New Year!
Old 03-31-2014, 05:32 PM   #25
Mrdouin
First Time Poster

PM and Email sent.

Last edited by Mrdouin; 03-31-2014 at 06:23 PM.
Mrdouin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:09 AM   #26
kathyel
First Time Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k3Joker
Thank You!

I'm still around if anyone is looking for this series
I am very interested in purchasing your "Lassie Project" I'm having trouble navigating this site though!
kathyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:42 AM   #27
y2k3Joker
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyel
I am very interested in purchasing your "Lassie Project" I'm having trouble navigating this site though!

Send me a private message or an email

Click on my profile to get me email
Old 06-22-2015, 02:40 PM   #28
jimmo
Frequent Poster

TV The Best Inventory of "Lassie" online

JOKER's "Lassie Project"

I may personally vouch for the condition and service of the video from Joker's "Lassie Project." I ordered some DVD discs of "Lassie" episodes from Seasons Nine-11 I hadn't seen since their original, prime-time broadcast run on and the episodes were in nearly pristine condition, albeit with syndication-run opening and closing sequences in most of the episodes. At least one of the episodes (and I think more) contained an opening sequence from a brief Saturday-morning children's programming block on titled "The Adventures of Lassie."

Many of the episodes in Joker's "Lassie Project" were recorded from the former . It amazes me in the United States never showed "Lassie" for very long. But perhaps that was because TVL's parent company, Viacom, had already showed "Lassie" several years (from 1984-1996) on sister cable channel . Then, of course "Lassie" was shown several years (1996 through the early 2000s) on channel. And there are some eps. from that cable channel's run interspersed among this collection too.

I had hoped the five-parts' episode arc from Season Nine titled "The Journey" would have the original narration (including previews of the following weeks' episodes for parts one through four, and recaps of the previous weeks' eps. in parts two through five) of series' Associate Producer Bonita Granville Wrather, which, of course, were eliminated when these episodes were edited into a theatrical feature titled "Lassie's Great Adventure." But such was not the case. However, it was confirmed this story arc was, indeed, originally broadcast in five, beautiful color parts; a special color opening sequence, a sepia-tinted version of the closing sequence, although the original broadcast commercials remained in black and white. But no original broadcast sponsor commercials are included in this "Lassie" DVD collection, just good, clean copies of the episodes themselves.

However, if one is really a stickler about such matters, one may easily download some of several original broadcast Campbell's Soup commercials featuring the "Lassie" cast that are abundant on YouTube, then edit them into the episodes using Windows Movie Maker or some other such video editing program. For my part, I am creating a project reproducing the CBS Sunday evening line-up from those first four appearances of The Beatles on "The Ed Sullivan Show" in 1964. So not only will I be availing myself of those Campbell's/Franco-American spots from "Lassie," but also other sponsor commercials for the rest of the CBS Sunday prime time line-up.

There was another five parts' episode of "Lassie" in Season 10, "The Disappearance" (which introduced U.S. Forest Service Ranger "Cory Stuart"), that did contain Mrs. Wrather's original CBS broadcast narration. I guess it just depended on what exactly was issued for syndication.

If one is only interested in a superficial collection of "Lassie" from various periods, Classic Media's DVD sets may be satisfactory to those needs. Certainly a "best of" the Christmas story episodes is available, as well a "Best of Jeff's Collie" and a few "Timmy & Lassie" DVD collections. But if one is really looking for very good-to-excellent quality episodes of "Lassie" from all 19 years of its original broadcast run (17 years on , two years in first-run syndication), I recommend doing business with Joker's "Lassie Project." The guy is not just a business, but also a genuine fan of "Lassie" who has dedicated himself to this project for many years. As such, he deserves credit and your business.

"Joker" hails from Canada, which I find symbolic, as was in those five parts of "The Journey" episode of "Lassie" wherein "Timmy Martin" and his loyal collie, "Lassie," were whisked away in an errant hot air balloon to the Canadian wilderness (actually filmed in the U.S. High Sierra range) and rescued by a kind-hearted, deaf mute Indian (portrayed by Richard Kiel) and, eventually, by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP). Some half a century later, now, another Canadian named "Joker" has rescued "Lassie" again for true fans of this beloved TV series.

Certainly, unless and until Classic Media/Dreamworks decides to release all original broadcast-run episodes of "Lassie," the Joker's "Lassie Project" should be your go-to source for all 571 episodes of the original "Lassie" TV series on DVD. This collector has worked very hard and long in assembling this collection, and you would do well to engage in a trade or some other tangible transaction with him to obtain these great condition episodes of "Lassie" on DVD!

Last edited by jimmo; 06-22-2015 at 02:48 PM. Reason: addition-correction
jimmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:52 PM   #29
Regulus

Thumbs up

Best DVD set I ever from an "Alternate Source", and worth every penny.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:12 PM   #30
Regulus

Wink

I'm "Bumping" this thread so a potential trader can see this.