Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-10-2006, 08:15 PM   #1
crystaldawn

Post New info on Dottie Caylor case

Here is a very interesting article published just this week. It looks like they could be closing in on Jule Caylor.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/...s/14522727.htm
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:33 PM   #2
jeeps
Frequent Poster

You're right crystaldawn, the article is interesting.

But I"m still shaking my head that three women would find him attractive enough to marry.

I am speechless...and for a speech professor that takes some doing.

jeeps
jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:00 PM   #3
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps
I am speechless...and for a speech professor that takes some doing.

jeeps
You speechless.....never!

Yes I certainly don't see any charm in him, came across like a total jerk in the interview. I wonder if the ongoing investigation is worrying him, hope so.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:28 PM   #4
Awsi Dooger

This won't be popular but I kind of liked the guy during the UM segment, probably because of the "Life is pretty good right now..." or whatever it was, with the weird expression, slow delivery and contented tone. I laugh out loud every time I see it. Kind of reminds me of that segment on another true crime case where the husband wants to finish his spaghetti dinner before being led away, after they discover the wife's body in the basement.

I'm sure he's guilty. You wonder why UM didn't provide an update after that letter was received shortly after the case aired. In contrast to that vague letter claiming the abduction of the little girl in the '80s, this letter has plenty of specifics to make me lean toward legit: tire iron. Garage. Early morning. Diagram of the garage including area of blood stains. Concord.

Remember, I'm on a collossal roll after correctly predicting that potential grave site wouldn't be Jodi Huisentruit.
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:10 PM   #5
siamesemeg
incapable of thought or speech
Frequent Poster

I honestly never expected any sort of update on this case. I remember watching it, perhaps a year ago or more, and feeling sad that it was such an old, old case with no apparent new information. I'll be watching this with a great deal of interest.

Oh, and I totally remember that spaghetti guy - Cold Case Files, maybe? Funny comparison, Awsi.
siamesemeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:24 PM   #6
skunk ape
Frequent Poster

Too bad that Jule guy had to go the bad way. He could have been a great actor in the upcoming Hobbit movie. Things are looking pretty good for him now, huh?

Great find by the way, crystaldawn.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:51 AM   #7
jeeps
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
You speechless.....never!

Well, okay...maybe for a few seconds...but for me that qualifies as speechless.

jeeps
jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 07:55 AM   #8
RightOnDude
Forum Regular

Ho yeah, that dude is guiltier than sin. And a huge egomaniac, if I can play armchair psychologist ... if life with Dottie was "pure hell" as he put it, and "Life is pretty good" without her ... if he didn't care if he ever saw her again and felt that she just "got in with the wrong crowd" then ... then why in the world get on Unsolved Mysteries and try to show off by demonstrating your ... very ... slow ... talking ... skills and your VERY ERRatic vo cal me ter ... what a loser with a loser name.
RightOnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:06 AM   #9
crystaldawn

You know I think JS even told me that Jule's lawyer was sitting next to him during the interview and wasn't happy when Jule made that crack about life being pretty good since his wife was gone but I think Jule wanted it left in. Maybe if JS reads this he can elaborate more on the article he read because my memory about it is vague.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:47 AM   #10
DarkDante

I didn't want to mention this but crystaldawn mentioned to me over email that Jule Caylor is her secret "dream man". Knowing that some UM personalities sometimes visit this board I'm sure she's just playing hard to get as to not draw his attention.

Btw: that information you mentioned about Caylor's lawyer actually comes from the "Bizarre Murders" dvd of all places. While they didn't profile the case the producers did mention it during commentary for another segment - I think "Backyard Bones", if you turn the commentary on for that segment you'll hear them talk a little bit about Jule Caylor.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:22 AM   #11
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDante
I didn't want to mention this but crystaldawn mentioned to me over email that Jule Caylor is her secret "dream man". Knowing that some UM personalities sometimes visit this board I'm sure she's just playing hard to get as to not draw his attention.
You promised you'd never tell!! I'll still keep your secret though that you are the real Dark Dante, Kevin Poulson.

Thanks for clearing up where that info originated from about him aggravating his lawyer. I don't have the BM set so I must have heard it from someone who does.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:31 AM   #12
Zero
Forum Regular

Honestly, I believe that Jule had something to do with Dotties disappearance. Let's just look at this from a different point of view for a minute. It would not have been difficult for Dottie to leave on her own. Everyone points out her agoraphobia, but let's not forget she was taking classes that were helping her get back out into the world. She opened up a bank account and p.o. box. She COULD have willingly left to get on that BART train, and acted out her plan to leave for good.

I wonder how she ever developed her agoraphobia?
Old 05-21-2006, 03:22 PM   #13
greatgarrett2
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
Honestly, I believe that Jule had something to do with Dotties disappearance.
Although he maintained his innocence, something struck me as odd, by the way he carried himself.

He mentioned something along the line as, "Living with her was hell. Now everything's all good."

What was that supposed to mean? Could that have meant he finally disposed of her, now he's living the good life?

Just a thought. I could be wrong, tho.
greatgarrett2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 02:50 AM   #14
wiseguy182

I agree with you, greatgarrett2, it was kind of odd when he mentioned "Living with her was hell. Everything's all good now." I'm not sure if it necessarily hurt his cause any, but it probably didn't help either.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:13 AM   #15
crystaldawn

I'm not sure if you guys have read the actual letter sent to the police years ago about Dottie but I just read it and its shocking! It seems very apparent that the author is Jule himself or someone that was at the murder and helped dispose of her body. The specific details given are amazing!! The question is why in the world would Jule write a letter giving so many facts if he wanted to keep his freedom. Unless all the details given were incorrect and he wanted to throw the police off. Here is a direct link to the letter, map and affidavit in case anyone's interested:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mult...tie_letter.pdf