Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 2, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: A Look at the Party of Five Reboot; The Simpsons Not Ending Soon, Says Producer
Dove Channel Brings Out Holiday Classics; CW Gets DC Universe Series with Sitcom Star

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-09-2008, 08:02 PM   #1
crystaldawn

Default Deaths of some people interviewed on UM

I thought you guys might find this interesting. Another poster with excellent research skills shared with me some of the people interviewed on UM that they found out have since passed away. Here's the list so far:

Russell Johnson, the elderly man who along with his wife helped out a mysterious stranger and then started receiving checks every Christmas passed away in 2001 in 1982.

Jon Purvis' mom, Emma Jo Bartlett, passed away in August of 2006 at age 89.

Ethel Kidd's son-in-law, Thomas Kidd, interviewed in the segment passed away in 1994 at the age of 51.

Chester Brodbeck, husband of Diane Brodbeck who disappeared with John Yount and was later apprehended, passed away in 1995 at age 54.

Lastly a Judy Gilbert from Ohio passed away in 1995 at age 47. This is the same name as Perman Gilbert's wife but we're unsure if it is her or not.

crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:45 PM   #2
DarkDante

How long was Diane Brodbeck incarcerated for helping Yount escape? - Did she get to spend much time with Chester before his passing?

The Yount/Brodbeck escape has always baffled me. I know a lot of us are taken aback that Brodbeck would leave her husband for a felon and are even moreso surprised at how devoted Chester was to his wife following her arrest. The only thing I can say is its very possible that Brodbeck loved both men.

That is the only possibility I can think of. I don't believe that Brodbeck left with Yount due to some type of deficiency in her marriage with Chester but quite possibly because she fell for Yount and wanted to help him get out of prison. I do think however, from the way the articles and the segment portrayed Brodbeck that she would've been more than happy to live the rest of her days with Jon Yount had he not been captured.

I only believe she returned to Chester because of the fact Yount was apprehended. Once again I believe the way thing this has been portrayed the only logical conclusion I can draw is that Brodbeck actually loved BOTH men.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:58 PM   #3
crystaldawn

An old article I found said she was sentenced to at least 2 years in prison so I'm not sure when she was released. I believe the update on the case I have where they were captured was from around '91 so in the time it took for her to be convicted and sentenced its not really certain whether she got to spend time with him before he died. I hope so for his sake. Such a young age to die.

Of course I also can't help wondering if after Chester passed away did she take up writing Yount again.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:54 PM   #4
Zlatko
Forum Regular

Oh No

The mother of abducted child Nyleen Kay Marshall, Nancy Marshall, was raped and killed in Mexico. The Mexican government labeled her death a suicide. She was looking for property for husband and herself. Honestly, some people just have the worst luck. Depressing...
Zlatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 11:50 PM   #5
killgas20
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
Ethel Kidd's son-in-law, Thomas Kidd, interviewed in the segment passed away in 1994 at the age of 51.
I guess this explains why they used his last name in the update segment which aired in 1995, IIRC. I recall UM not showing his last name when the segment first aired.
killgas20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:19 AM   #6
theero
Frequent Poster

Betty Cash who was interviewed after seeing a Diamond shaped UFO died exactly 18 years later in 1998, kind of strange she died on the exact date she first saw that UFO
theero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:41 AM   #7
ididn'tdoit
Forum Regular

This is a bit blurry but I'm pretty sure the passer-by who found Russell Evans has passed away, I don't know if you can verify that CD?

Pat Doel, Tara Calico's mother, 64, died in 2006 after a series of strokes

http://www.abqtrib.com/news/2006/jun...el-waited-for/

ididn'tdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:07 AM   #8
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Ethel Kidd's husband Gilbert passed away in January of 2006 at age 71. Their son Gilbert Jr passed away in August of 2003 at age 45. Also, elsewhere on this site, Charles Ladner, the father of Norman Ladner passed away in 2003. Lester Garnier's mother passed away in 1996 and his father passed away in 2002. The sheriff in Lisa Marie Kimmell's case committed suicide in 2000. Kurt Sova's dad, Ken passed away in July of 2001 at age 68. Stephen Marfeo killed himself in July of 1999 at age 50.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 07:23 AM   #9
James T

Stephen 'Yankie Boy' Michalak whose case is on Crystal's latest compilation, passed away in 1999 at the age of 93. He suffered burns from contact with a UFO, doctors were unable to diagnose what caused the strang shaped burns to his stomach.
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:27 PM   #10
charmedsignora
Frequent Poster

I know this has already been posted, but I'll just add it to the growing list.

Maurice Rosenblum, the father of Michael Rosenblum, passed away recently of a heart attack. I think it was back in January.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:15 PM   #11
justins5256

Yeesh...talk about a morbid thread.

I'm pretty sure the guy who sold Jon Burns his ammo and subsequently interviewed on special 2 is dead. I remember reading that awhile back.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:45 PM   #12
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ididn'tdoit
This is a bit blurry but I'm pretty sure the passer-by who found Russell Evans has passed away, I don't know if you can verify that CD?
Yes thats correct. I sent her daughter a copy of the segment several months back.

Also Sven Reinhard, Keith Reinhard's son who was interviewed in the segment passed away due to carbon monoxide poisoning in 2001.

Bill Wacker passed away in 1999.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:24 AM   #13
Awsi Dooger

Robert Stack
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:28 PM   #14
DJ_Foxx
Frequent Poster

I had "googled" Justin Burgwinkle a while back and saw that his mother died. I guess it was an online obituary because it listed that her son Justin ha preceeded her in death so I guess they declared Justin legally dead. So sad...she died without ever knowing what happened to her son
DJ_Foxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #15
Dislimb
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger
Robert Stack
Dislimb is offline   Reply With Quote