Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-18-2007, 04:17 PM   #61
unsolved88
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky Kneivel
Another person interviewed that i found I didn't care for is Rosemary Levi,the mother of the little girl who's teachers thought might be Nyleen Kay Marshall. Thankfully Rosemary and her daughter were reuinited, I can't imagine what that must have been like for her, however I cannot stand folks like her who go on and on about how their good fortune was part of God's plan and that them being reunited was "A miracle" (her words).

So what...God HATES Nyleen Kay Marshall and her family? Was it a miracle when the children went missing? Why would the reuniting be a miracle? Why wasn't it because of the events depicted on the segment? Was it a miracle that you stayed living with, and kept your daughter in the same house with, a man with obvious psychosis?

She doesn't thank the teachers who were alerted to John Lennon's odd behavior, she didn't thank the FBI agents who investigated the man, nor did she thank the show that featured the Nyleen segment that was the instigator of all of it. Most glaring of all though...she makes no mention the Marshall family nor any sympathy for them.

But the way she looks at it, the sole reason Nyleen was abducted, and is still missing, was to set a series of happenings in motion that led to her own daughter being found.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who found Ms. Levi's overly-grateful attitude toward God a bit annoying. When I first watched this case on volume 12, I thought to myself "I think this woman forgets the Unsolved Mysteries didn't have to air Nyleen's case to begin with and set this whole turn of events in motion!"
unsolved88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:05 PM   #62
supersally1974
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsolved88
I'm glad I'm not the only one who found Ms. Levi's overly-grateful attitude toward God a bit annoying. When I first watched this case on volume 12, I thought to myself "I think this woman forgets the Unsolved Mysteries didn't have to air Nyleen's case to begin with and set this whole turn of events in motion!"
That makes three of us!!
I understand that she is grateful that her daughter was found but I though that she could have been a bit more tactful, in these circumstances.
supersally1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:01 AM   #63
unsolved88
Forum Regular

Quote:
On the completely opposite end of that spectrum, I have no feelings of empathy for, and actually got bothered by the attitude and statements of, the family and friend of Tony Lombardi. I've said a couple of times in different threads that I have a lot written about how this case is so obviously a suicide and how much I am bothered by the mom but I've never been happy with the tone of what I've written. I don't want to come out and completely eviscerate these people who've lost a loved one, because I do sympathize for their loss - I honestly do, but their absolute refusal to acknowledge what I think has been made blatantly obvious irks me. Adding that to the antogonizing tone of their interviews, the apparent celebration of some very questionable activities byt Tony, and their accusations against what I have no reason to doubt was adequate police work, all add up to me wishing the mom would shut her yapper and the friend would get exposed as a liar.
I've never enjoyed the Lombardi case for that very reason. Cheryl Lombardi, in my opinion, came across as a know-it-all who seemed to feel that the police should simply take her word for the fact that Tony was murdered and forget about all the evidence to the contrary.

That said, Cheryl (along with Tony's father and friend) gave one of the weirdest interviews I've ever seen. Unlike most of the other victims' families who have appeared on the show over the years, they never at any time show any emotions over the loss of their loved one. In fact, they really don't even mention it, other than to say that he was murdered and that the cops screwed up investigation when they ruled it a suicide. Their sole reason for appearing on the program it seemed was to "prove" the police wrong. And the line about how Cheryl would "fight them [the investigators] from eternity" was a bit over-dramatic.

I can't imagine what it must be like for families of suicide victims. It must be very hard to accept, but finger-pointing and allegations of a police cover-up cause more problems than they cure.
unsolved88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:13 PM   #64
kamy
UM Fanatic
Forum Regular

I have to disagree---the Tony Lombardi case to me was clearly a murder. But that's just me......
kamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:35 PM   #65
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy
I have to disagree---the Tony Lombardi case to me was clearly a murder. But that's just me......

I agree, Kamy. I've always thought that Lombardi was murdered. Didn't he have post-mortem bruises that suggested he was pinned down at the chest? If I'm remembering it correctly and you factor in that the trajectory of the bullet didn't match a realistic angle.... combined with the light turning off in his bedroom long after he was supposedly dead.... yeah, I think he was murdered.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever find out who was behind it.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:00 PM   #66
SP4CE INV4DERZ
40-0 0WN3D
Forum Regular

Quote:
I feel more sorry for Huey Littleton than I dislike him, although, DD, I laughed heartily at your comment. How can you dislike someone who uses the word "furrow"? I understand that he's a pain in the ass for the cops and he's brought out some ridonkuloid conspiracy theories, with the help of some seemingly bored teenagers who could have been extras out of Deliverance, but he probably feels like if he stops invesgtigating then he's letting down the memory of his daughter and son-in-law. I feel for that.
I never really did understand why people here seem to hate Huey. Yeah sure it wasn't the best interview but I never really gave it a second thought but then again I differ from most of you.
SP4CE INV4DERZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:03 AM   #67
wiseguy182

I would lean towards Tony Lombardi being a homicide: I doubt UM would pick to investigate and air a case if it was without a shadow of a doubt suicide. Plus the motives for suicide presented in the case were of the extreme weakest, while on the flip side there was not one, but two different people who had issued death threats to Tony that week. Plus, CRicci had some valid points. I would have like to see the 3 girlfriends investigated: it's very possible one of them didn't react too well to learn about the other two.

But Corky, I would have empathy for Tony's family: regardless of it was a suicide or homicide, he is still gone.

It is my understanding that the dislike for Huey Littleton stems from him being a pain in the side to the police force investigating the case: Huey had experience in law enforcement and subsequently tried to tell the police how to do their job: obviously this didn't go over and well and eventually led to the police not having anything to do with Littleton. I can certainly understand Huey being extremely upset, as it is obvious there were alot of sick, twisted people around that town in Louisiana.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:32 AM   #68
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Invaderz
I never really did understand why people here seem to hate Huey. Yeah sure it wasn't the best interview but I never really gave it a second thought but then again I differ from most of you.
I never disliked Huey. He was a quite animated interview I thought being so serious and intense. I guess if I was murdered I would want someone like that to go above and beyond to try and find out what happened and make sure everyone responsible was punished. I think he had a right to question the police in this case. Wasn't one of the partygoers the police chief's son? Its not suprising that the police wanted it closed as soon as possible if it was going to implicate some well known names around town.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:36 PM   #69
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

SI, no one here hates Huey, I personally didnt like his attitude but that is just me. I actually think Huey is a smart man, which is why it sort of surprised me he was so gulliable to fall for the BS all those redneck kids said. The only thing I can think of is he was so desperate to hold someone accountable for what happened to Eric and Pam that he was willing to believe anything. However it blew up in his face and made him look like a moron and on top of that he burned his bridges with the sheriff's department and as we all know, having the law enforcement people be pissed at you is never a good side to be on.

Huey was animated, I thought he was overly dramatic, he probably feels that way, I just feel he went a little bit over the top. It is understandable why he would feel the way he did and I felt horrible for what happened to him and his family as a result of Eric and Pam's gruesome murder but he just went overboard with it.

Also, Unsolved88, you said something that really tends to bug me. You said that the Lombardi interview was "weird" because they appearantly didnt show enough emotion for you to b e comfortable with their interview. I just d ont get why people get all pissed off because people dont sit there and ball their eyes out the whole time? Different people handle grief in different ways, they could have been under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or whatever. Look at Darlie Routier, she was under the influence of pain killers, anti biotics and anti anxiety and anti depressant drugs when that misleading video of her was shot to the jury. I have taken Xanax and Zoloft off and on for years and I can tell you that they do dull your emotions big time. While if someone close to you died, you would feel just as sad as if you werent on meds, you would have difficulty crying or showing emotion.

That Texas cop said the same thing, oh Darlie wasnt balling her eyes out, she had the silly string, therefore that must mean that she is guilty of first degree premeditated murder and deserves to sit on death row. It is like Unsolved88 was even suggesting the Lombardi's might have been involved in their own sons death since by his line of reasoning, oh, they werent balling their eyes out the whole interview so they must not give a crap about what happened.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 12:05 AM   #70
wiseguy182

It is possible that the Lombardi's grieved on camera, but it was edited out. I would imagine that these interviews are quite long, as the families have lots to say, but are pared down to only a couple of minutes.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:38 PM   #71
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsolved88
I've never enjoyed the Lombardi case for that very reason. Cheryl Lombardi, in my opinion, came across as a know-it-all who seemed to feel that the police should simply take her word for the fact that Tony was murdered and forget about all the evidence to the contrary.

That said, Cheryl (along with Tony's father and friend) gave one of the weirdest interviews I've ever seen. Unlike most of the other victims' families who have appeared on the show over the years, they never at any time show any emotions over the loss of their loved one. In fact, they really don't even mention it, other than to say that he was murdered and that the cops screwed up investigation when they ruled it a suicide. Their sole reason for appearing on the program it seemed was to "prove" the police wrong. And the line about how Cheryl would "fight them [the investigators] from eternity" was a bit over-dramatic.

I can't imagine what it must be like for families of suicide victims. It must be very hard to accept, but finger-pointing and allegations of a police cover-up cause more problems than they cure.
Additionally, I should point out that the segment mentioned that Cheryl was actually very emotional when the police first arrived, and that she had to be calmed down so that they could ask her some questions.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:40 PM   #72
wiseguy182

Quote:
kadrmas15 the apparent celebration of some very questionable activities byt Tony,
I didn't get that impression at all, do you have some examples?
Old 12-27-2007, 05:09 AM   #73
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Wow, Corky, your criteria for a suicide appearantly is that Tony Lombardi was a young man who was involved with women who were in relationships with other men, a young man who liked to party and a young man that had a drunk driving arrest, therefore that somehow makes him more likely to kill himself? Is this is all the questionable stuff he was into?

Even if he was selling drugs, it seemed like you were alluding at that, I dont know if that was happening or not, let's just say for the sake of argument that it was true, that he was selling drugs, how does that make him more likely to kill himself?

You also said you thought Stephen Marfeo was guilty because he was drinking a cup of hot coffee or tea and touching the rim of the glass at the tail end of h is interview when the camera crew filmed him sipping the hot beverage and staring out his kitchen window. That makes him more likely to be a murderer why? You know, I had a mug of hot tea earlier tonight and looked out my sliding doors, I must be a murderer too, you better call the police and turn me in!

Also, are you so gulliable to believe that because some cop said that Marfeo sent the letters that he must have? I am not saying Marfeo didnt send the letters, however the detectives on this case had Marfeo hung from day one. They claimed the typewriter at Marfeo's house was the one that for sure typed it, when I bet thousands of people in Rhode Island owned the same kind of typewriter.

Also, you must remember that expert that talked in the segment, you do realize that he was hired by the Johnston, Rhode Island police to examine the letters? No wonder he came to the opinion he did! That was the opinion they wanted him to come to, they were paying him! If they are paying him to examine these letters, do you think he would come back and say "Marfeo or a close relative or close friend didnt type them"? I mean what did you think, this expert just did this out of the goodness of his heart when asked?

It seems when it is a defense expert, people come to this conclusion automatically b ut when it is an expert for the cops or prosecution, then suddenly it must be truthful because they are there for "justice". Prosecution and cop experts get paid the same as defense expert's do.

Yet because the defendant personally pays the expert, the prosecutors and cops are able to say they dont pay their experts. While that is technically true, it is a half truth and misleading, while the prosecutors and cops themselves dont personally pay their experts, the city, state or county these prosecutors and cops work for pays the experts!

All too often prosecutors and cops mislead people and juries into thinking their experts arent paid and are there out of the goodness of their heart for "justice" and the defense experts are paid pawns and all too often people are all too gulliable and ignorant to believe it.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 05:12 PM   #74
kamy
UM Fanatic
Forum Regular

I know my answer will probably be controversal, but one person that comes to mind that absolutely drove me nuts, was the mother of the baby who was kidnapped outside of a porta potty during a swap meet. Watching that episode when I was like 10 years old, I remember thinking, even then, "what the hell is she thinking! Someone's going to take that baby!"
Sorry to step on toes, but her actions are absolutely idiotic. I feel for the mother, I do, as it was probably a momentary lapse of good judgement, one she is kicking herself still today for, but nonetheless, it was STUPID!!!!!! You're just asking for it!!!!!

God bless her though, and the little baby, that we can only hope went to a good home.
kamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:35 PM   #75
Corky Kneivel
Forum Regular

Default Dude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
Wow, Corky, your criteria for a suicide appearantly is that Tony Lombardi was a young man who was involved with women who were in relationships with other men, a young man who liked to party and a young man that had a drunk driving arrest, therefore that somehow makes him more likely to kill himself? Is this is all the questionable stuff he was into?
I'll address all the Tony Lombardi stuff in the Tony Lombardi thread.

Quote:
Even if he was selling drugs, it seemed like you were alluding at that, I dont know if that was happening or not, let's just say for the sake of argument that it was true, that he was selling drugs, how does that make him more likely to kill himself?
LOL. What the Hell are you talking about?!?

Quote:
You also said you thought Stephen Marfeo was guilty because he was drinking a cup of hot coffee or tea and touching the rim of the glass at the tail end of h is interview when the camera crew filmed him sipping the hot beverage and staring out his kitchen window. That makes him more likely to be a murderer why? You know, I had a mug of hot tea earlier tonight and looked out my sliding doors, I must be a murderer too, you better call the police and turn me in!
Okay I went back and re-read what I wrote and while I think its clear enough, I can possibly see where you might have gotten mixed up. When I said "the clincher for me" I wasn't referring to that clinching his guilt, I meant it clinched my loathing of him.

Quote:
Also, are you so gulliable to believe that because some cop said that Marfeo sent the letters that he must have? I am not saying Marfeo didnt send the letters,
Then what ARE YOU saying? Don't come at me for being "gulliable" just because I state my opinion on something, when you yourself don't even have a solid position on the matter.

Quote:
They claimed the typewriter at Marfeo's house was the one that for sure typed it, when I bet thousands of people in Rhode Island owned the same kind of typewriter.

...I'm speechless.

Ah, no I'm not. You do realize you're arguing from an impossible position when you just cast aside official police findings and pull your own facts and evidence out of the air?

Did you all see my **sarcasm finger quotes** in that last sentence?

Quote:
Also, you must remember that expert that talked in the segment, you do realize that he was hired by the Johnston, Rhode Island police to examine the letters? No wonder he came to the opinion he did! That was the opinion they wanted him to come to, they were paying him! If they are paying him to examine these letters, do you think he would come back and say "Marfeo or a close relative or close friend didnt type them"? I mean what did you think, this expert just did this out of the goodness of his heart when asked?

It seems when it is a defense expert, people come to this conclusion automatically b ut when it is an expert for the cops or prosecution, then suddenly it must be truthful because they are there for "justice". Prosecution and cop experts get paid the same as defense expert's do.

Yet because the defendant personally pays the expert, the prosecutors and cops are able to say they dont pay their experts. While that is technically true, it is a half truth and misleading, while the prosecutors and cops themselves dont personally pay their experts, the city, state or county these prosecutors and cops work for pays the experts!

All too often prosecutors and cops mislead people and juries into thinking their experts arent paid and are there out of the goodness of their heart for "justice" and the defense experts are paid pawns and all too often people are all too gulliable and ignorant to believe it.

Again I ask...what are you talking about?!?
Corky Kneivel is offline   Reply With Quote