Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-20-2007, 06:30 PM   #1
unsolved88
Forum Regular

Default People interviewed on UM that you just didn't like

Who are some people that were interviewed on the show that you just didn't like? I'm not necessarily talking about people you think are guilty, but just those who got on you nerves for one reason or another. Here are some of mine.

Jimmy Aprille: This is one of the stories never aired on Lifetime. Jimmy's wife Melvine wiped out his funds and kidnapped their two children. But something about Jimmy's interview bothered me. He seemed very smug and showed little (if any) emotion. I don't if it was just me, but his attitude made it hard for me to feel too sorry for him. Luckily, his wife and children were eventually found.

Michael W. Anderson: Cindy Anderson's father. He smiled throughout the interview and didn't seem overly concerned with his daughter's disappearance. Everyone in the segment (the detectives, Cindy's sister Christine, her friend Terri and one of the clients from the law office where Cindy worked as a secretary) all seemed to think that Cindy was being stalked. Mr. Anderson never even mentioned that theory and seemed to have one of his own; Cindy had been skipping meals to keep her figure and spend a lot of time applying makeup and "that may have been part of the problem". That makes no sense. If anything, she sounds like any other 20-yr-old woman with a serious boyfriend who wants to look especially good for him. Mr. Anderson's nonchalant attitude just turns my stomach.

Mickey Jackson: Lauren Jackson's father. I hated the way he kept putting Lauren's mom Christina down!

Huey Littleton: Pam Ellender's self-righteous father. I realize he suffered a terrible loss when his daughter and son-in-law were murdered, but he took things way too far when he started pulling "witnesses" out of the woodwork and came up with outlandish theories about how a group of young satanists killed Eric and Pam and partied hearty in their house.

Can anyone think of any others?
unsolved88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:10 PM   #2
DarkDante

^ Cynthia Anderson's father was creepy, did you notice he just kept smiling in this very bizarre way like he was just awfully amused with himself. Certainly not the reaction one would expect from a man whose daughter had been missing around a decade by that point.

As for Huey Littleton well he says it himself about the murderers something like: "Where is their compassion?, where are their souls?, will someone please get this bible unstuck from my ass?"

Some others who I didn't like that much would have to be Detective Dennis Wheatly and of course Judge Robert Corlew from Murfeesboro, Tennessee.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:05 PM   #3
DP1
Forum Regular

Cynthia Anderson's father was creepy, did you notice he just kept smiling in this very bizarre way like he was just awfully amused with himself. Certainly not the reaction one would expect from a man whose daughter had been missing around a decade by that point.

I didn't like this guy at all either. He took a cheap shot at his daugther and barely seemed like he cared what happened.
DP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:21 AM   #4
wiseguy182

Oh, good question unsolved88. I agree with all the names mentioned so far, but who's Detective Dennis Wheatly? Offhand, I would add Jule Caylor, and the prosecutors for the Larry Race, Stuart Heaton and Glen Consagra statements. Those particular prosecutors were too arrogant IMO. Oh, and that Michael Delano Floyd who, when asked where is son Michael Hughes is, replies "it's none of your damn business where he's at." Oh, and Jerry Strickland claiming that all they had was "circlestantiave evidence" was a roll your eyes moment.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:20 AM   #5
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Yes, Cindy's father just rubbed me the wrong way. I think it is because of his rather smug, carefree attitude. I am not making fun when I say this, but I think it is because he probably just thinks she is with God now or something so maybe he is comfortable and at ease?

I just think regardless his behavior was very odd, however from what he said, he kind of views Cindy as a black sheep of the family all because she put make up on and actually wanted to look better, presumably for her boyfriend.

It just seemed that while she was planning on going to a bible college that she was the more liberal one of the family and her father from the sounds of it did not like this.

I agree on some of those piece of work prosecutors. Some were alright, others not so good, the ones in the Larry Race case, Stuart Heaton and Tommy Ziegler's case are the top three I can think of. Jeffrey Ashton who was the prosecutor intervewed in the Ziegler segment, was a real piece of work, shooting everything down and spinning everything with no real evidence to back him up.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:03 AM   #6
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

LOL. I'm beating several people to the punch when I say this, but I can think of several "concerned husbands" who came off as pretty darn insincere in the UM segments:

1. PAUL POLLIS-- Duh. We all know how I (and several others) feel about him and his desire for an obsessively clean house.

2. STEPHEN MARFEO-- The fact that he committed a murder-suicide in the last day of his life makes me wonder if he didn't kill his wife as well.

3. MARK NICHOLS-- WHO remembers EVERYTHING their wife took out of the closet... seriously?

4. CHAD NOE-- Nevermind the fact that I think he was totally involved in the disappearance of Wendy Camp. I just don't like him. Period.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:09 AM   #7
kadrmas15

Hey CRicci, well I agree on those 4 however I will say out of those 4 in my opinion Stephen Marfeo is the most likeable by far out of the 4 or at least the least dislikeable out of the four. I remember the very first time I saw that segment I actually thought he was innocent until I saw that little update at the end which the first time I saw the segment made my jaw drop. However I dont know what it is about Marfeo, I still dont dislike him even though I think he probably killed his wife.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:05 AM   #8
wiseguy182

Stephen Marfeo was a lowlife.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:15 AM   #9
kadrmas15

Well maybe, but I was just saying, I didnt look at him and have this strong dislike of him. I said before I knew about the other killing, he was even likeable. Maybe he was a "lowlife" however I was just saying that he was the least dislikeable out of the four that CRicci had listed, in my opinion of course.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:24 AM   #10
ididn'tdoit
Forum Regular

I thought Martha Roberts' husband looked quite scary
ididn'tdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:55 AM   #11
kamy
UM Fanatic
Forum Regular

Here are my picks, off the top of my head of course:

Jenny Pratt's mom

Judge Robert Corlew (he wasn't interviewed though, was he?)

Paul Pollis

Oh yeah, who is this Cindy Anderson's dad who is highly disliked? I don't remember the case!
kamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:06 AM   #12
HyeTev
Frequent Poster

Number 1 - Jule Caylor. No question.

After him, I'd say... Larry Gibson, Paul Pollis, the prosecutor in the Patricia Stallings case, and that utterly clueless couple who were Crystal Spencer's neighbours.
HyeTev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:28 AM   #13
kamy
UM Fanatic
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeTev
Number 1 - Jule Caylor. No question.

After him, I'd say... Larry Gibson, Paul Pollis, the prosecutor in the Patricia Stallings case, and that utterly clueless couple who were Crystal Spencer's neighbours.
Oh yeah HyeTev, how could I forget Crystal Spencer's neighbors?!?!? I know everytime I hear blood-curdling screams and sounds of torture I throw a pillow over my head; I mean honestly, who wants to get involved in that?
kamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:34 AM   #14
James T

Mr Wacker.
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:40 AM   #15
ididn'tdoit
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T
Mr Wacker.
Here we go again You're not AKook are you?
ididn'tdoit is offline   Reply With Quote