Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 2, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: A Look at the Party of Five Reboot; The Simpsons Not Ending Soon, Says Producer
Dove Channel Brings Out Holiday Classics; CW Gets DC Universe Series with Sitcom Star

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-10-2006, 02:26 PM   #1
y2k3Joker
Why So Serious?

Default New Tennant in the Doghouse - Collinwood2003

Memo To: Collingwood2003

When we make arrangements for a trade over 2 months ago, you figure we'd be finished by now.

I tried giving you the benefit of the doubt even after other boards have kicked you out on your ASS - But when you ignore e-mails and personal PM's from this site when I know you have been on every single day and corresponded with other traders, means you're back to pulling some of your old stunts you are famous for. (I'll print a neat little bio on her after I get permission from the original author)

Don't make trades and GO through them ONLY when you think it benefits you. Don't try and change things midway through and don't try and bye time always with lies and excuses.

Anyways just want to put it out there for others - you can make up your minds about trading with this person yourself.

Last edited by y2k3Joker; 05-15-2006 at 10:15 PM.
y2k3Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:56 PM   #2
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Question hmmmmmmmmmmm

Mr Joker sir?

can u tell us all what sets u r SUPPOSED to be getting from young miss collinwood?

i may very well be adding to this thread in the extremely near future

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:52 PM   #3
loren

im not makeing a comment on this person at this time

i know for a fact that several people have info on this trader

at least 10 have emailed me looking for help with her

this bad trader list, is worthless if people dont come foward and post their factual stories

i will not fight every bad trader battle for youall and have youall sit back there and enjoy a fairly safe trade area

its your duty as board members to help rid the area of poor, bad, etc traders

tell the stories

sometimes it just takes a good wake up jolt to shock them into doing the correct thing,

othertimes, its in the groups best interest to elimate the cancer

either way, dont tell me in private, and dont complain to a moderator , heres your chance to tell the truth , right out in the open

the joker has opened the subject

now its on youall
loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 05:10 PM   #4
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Default Agree

I agree with the notion that things should be kept private if possible.

I agree that communication should start, with those involved only.

But I also feel that many times people fear coming forward, for the fear of being viewed as a trouble maker.
Some fear "retaliation feedback"
I think some fear does more harm then good.
And people often times keep quiet thinking they are keeping the peace- when in all honesty sometimes the direct feedback from joint sources can help a trade change thier ways, or motivate them to see a different perspective.

Feedback, in the way of a complaint can be done kindly- and constructively.
And doesn't have to be done in a harsh or even tarnishing way.

But to avoid dicussing, avoid complaining, and avoid confronting
Certainly wont' solve anything.

I have heard many a viewpoint on this particular user- and while I hope things can be resolved, I also hope that as long as the platform is open it be used to state how some people have felt, quietly.
So that some resolution can be found.

To avoid channel surfing Wipeouts!
savageamusement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:29 PM   #5
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default Collinwood2003

OK Well, It is with a lot of hesitation that I am posting about some problems here... because Collinwood2003 has always seemed like a good person, and I still think she is a nice person.

In fact when this popped up today, I emailed her again and asked her to let me know what was going on, and gave her until dinner time to reply. I waited until later in the evening to hear back and never did.

I have been trading with her ever since I was a newbie on this board. And I can say that I have had the same problems repeatedly. And I think that the reason that I have had these issues is because of "Overeagerness" to trade. You know, Pre-Trading... trading stuff that you DO NOT have yet. This is ALWAYS a bad move.

I will not go into every single trade we have ever had, but I will say that more often than not, I have ended up waiting extreme amounts of time to get missing discs, or replaced discs and so on. And the reason has been that she did NOT have them yet, because the trade had been set up BEFORE she actually got the set in. It happens sometimes, BUT when it happens ALL THE TIME, it gets annoying, 5 weeks wait for the missing batman disc, 3 months for the missing 8 simple rules disc, 2 months for the missing HULK discs, etc....

Also, another problem of the PRE TRADE=== I made a trade for an UNCUT set of a certain show, u know FULL LENGTH versions---NOT SYNDICATED CUTS, and since it was a PRE TRADE i ended up with a 35 disc set of a show, that I allready had complete on 11 discs, SAME QUALITY and SAME LENGTH OF THE EPS, she didnt know i suppose, because it was PRE TRADED before she had it in hand.....

This last trade has been more so than others---- I set up a trade with her for 2 series, JUST SHOOT ME and GROWING PAINS. Both were supposed to be complete......

Well, a good time ago (almost 2 months) I received JUST SHOOT ME (about 4-6 weeks after the trade was set up) and although it was Supposed to be complete, it was missing approximately 40 episodes. I informed her of this at that time, and she told me that Loren had made the set himself and it was complete. SO i checked with Loren---not his work, and I checked the set again, still not complete. So I asked again for it to be fixed. To date, she does NOT have the redos in to her yet, so of course, I do not either.

Growing Pains. This is the set with No menus, supposed to be redone with nice menus and all----well, a month ago or so, I got an email and PM stating that the set "WAS DONE and would ship in the morning".. several days later, still nothing, So I checked again and got the same reply, and again nothing. This happened 3 times and still nothing... then about 10 days ago, I get an email that the set has 2 bad discs? SO i asked HOW CAN IT HAVE 2 bad discs now, when u had it done a month ago? OK Whatever--- so she mailed me 11 of the 13 discs out and was gonna get the 2 bad ones, RIGHT OUT---- well last week i got 9--not 11 of the 13 discs, and asked what happened? and she said she didnt know I needed season 1, even though I had stressed repeatedly that I did. Anyway, she was going to mail out the missing discs--- LAST MONDAY---NOT this monday, BUT A WEEK AGO monday---- and she noticed the set was missing the holiday episodes BUT she had 3 of them on vhs and was gonna transfer those 3 eps on Friday (last week) and mail them right out--- OK, its wednesday now, she lives about 2 hours from me, and STILL not a package with the missing discs, and still not a package with the holiday eps transfered and STILL nothing on the JUST SHOOT ME ( she did mention who she got them from in the UK--- and it appears that she owes HIM some discs, and maybe he aint gonna ship those to her, until he gets what she owes him) PS-- you know who you are UK GUY and i hope u speak up too!

So after all this time, I have about 2/3 of 1 set and 9 of 13 (well 14 with the holiday eps) of another. I have asked REPEATEDLY what is going on, and I get replies that DO NOT ANSWER ANY OF THE QUESTIONS AT ALL. I have asked for SPECIFIC information such as 1. DO U HAVE THE JUST SHOOT ME REDOS on the way to you or not? 2. DID U MAIL THE G.P. Discs? 3. DID U TRANSFER the 3 holiday eps or not? and I have gotten no replies. Now mind u, the 9 i got look nice---- BUT it should not be like pulling teeth to get trades done!

ALSO, It has been brought to my attention that she has asked ANOTHER TRADER I DEAL WITH A LOT, I wont "OUT" him unless he wants to verify it, that she asked him to get some discs she needs from me, DISCS THAT I AM SUPPOSED TO SEND TO HER AFTER SHE GETS ME WHAT SHE OWES ME--- and the fact that she asks another person to get them FOR HER--- does not build much faith or confidence that she will fix this matter anytime soon.

ALSO, on MARCH 30th (U CAN ALL CHECK) she posted THIS about having DR KILDAIRE complete-----

I am checking this over to make sure all the epsiodes are there. Did a quick check and it goes up to 191 now I"m doing the a more better check.

She had asked If I wanted THAT SET also, 6 weeks ago, and EVEN THOUGH she stated that it has all 191, I have been informed that the set is missing like 30-40 eps, and she is scrambling to get them from other members ( YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE "OTHER MEMBERS" and I HOPE YOU SPEAK UP TOO!) Then I get emails stating that she has CORRECTED the missing eps and theyre on the way, and then next email, they are not.. and on and on.

WHY IS THIS ALL HAPPENING?????? Pre-Trading! When a trader sets up trades with stuff THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE YET--- this junk will happen. It appears that Collinwood2003 had the best of intentions and was overly eager to get some new stuff REAL FAST and she set up trades for stuff that she was GETTING in soon--- well if u dont have it in hand, YOU DO NOT KNOW if it is complete, or if it is working, or what the deal is--- and u end up shipping out sets that are all messed up, or have missing discs, eps etc---

I have been contacted by other members who are SUPPOSED to get sets that may or may not be in hand yet---- and although she meant well-- the fact that I have 2 sets in hand, both of which are NOT completed, or even close and its been like 2 months waiting on redos on 1, and several weeks on the other---- THIS IS WHY TRADERS SHOULD NEVER Trade a set until they get it in and get it checked and make sure its in order.

WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES---- we all end up with a set we thought was complete but was missing an ep or 2, we all get in too deep and get behind sometimes--- it happens. BUT i have been informed that this has been going on FOR YEARS, not occasionally BUT MORE OFTEN THAN NOT--- and it has to stop--- no matter how eager you might be, DO NOT TRADE STUFF TIL U GET IT IN HAND! never, ever, ever, ever

Now what has happened, is that a bunch of traders are all expecting stuff, and it appears that it is all a big display of dominoes--- with trader X owed stuff, and that stuff is NOT in hand yet because Trader Y is waiting for the stuff that she is supposed to get from Trader Z and on and on and on and on...... and all it takes is one chink in the armor to make it all fall apart.

So for the record---- I can say this, YES collinwood2003 IS INDEED A nice person, I like her as a person and think she is a good soul. YES I have gotten some great sets from her, some that I was really glad to have. NO i do not think she needs to go on the Bad Trader List (at least not just yet or just b/c of my issues) and NO I do not want this to become personal at all.

WHAT DO I WANT? Well, I want her to fix this mess and get back on track.... she needs to get in touch and quickly and correctly fix the situations she now has with several traders, I really would like to have tehse sets, and have them fixed and usable----

This is NOT a situation with a person like WOLF11 or sue maples, because Collinwood2003 CAN BE a good trader when she doesnt jump the gun, and she CAN BE a valuable member of the trading post-----

I just want this to be fixed, and to have some real communication that actually answers the questions asked and then, do not pre-trade for sets u do not have in hand yet..... it makes no sense.... if it is a super rare set--- then take the time, check it out and make sure u know what you are talking about BEFORE you set up a trade..... it is MUCH EASIER to tell people, that you will EMAIL THEM when u get it in, then to have to stall and delay and BS people for 3 or 4 months while u scramble about and try to fix it after the fact. I know that collinwood2003 has heard this before, b/c I have been contacted with people who had these same issues 2 YEARS AGO....

maybe its time to take a serious look at things and make it right. sometimes the best thing to do is to admit you screwed up and be straight with everyone and let us know what is going on
Old 05-10-2006, 09:31 PM   #6
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default PS

I have been contacted in the last 2 weeks by SEVERAL members with similar issues---- and I hope that you all post what is going on too, you dont have to be mean or make it personal, BUT problems like this can be resolved, peacefully by dealing with them direct

Sometimes it feels like only me, loren and joker ever speak up about problems like this---- the silent majority needs to be a little less silent sometimes!
Old 05-10-2006, 10:53 PM   #7
kix_dude
Frequent Poster

Send a message via MSN to kix_dude Send a message via Yahoo to kix_dude

Angie was the first person I ever traded with off this board. I even let her "barrow" some of my master tapes so she could transfer them to DVD before I was able to do it myself. I never had any problems with her at all. Hopefully she comes through with the trade.
kix_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:23 PM   #8
loren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont

Sometimes it feels like only me, loren and joker ever speak up about problems
and which one of these three usualy tries for a group hug??

and the lets all kiss and make up??

i guess your girl friend in the video, didnt slap your lips totaly off
loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:29 PM   #9
Collinwood2003
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Hey Chris. I did send your package out. I been so tired lately to let you know. I did include lots of extras for you. I don't mind sending first I actually love to send first. Please let me know when you get my package.
Collinwood2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:45 PM   #10
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Default Instead of talking at

Since this issue has been brought up, first by Joker, and then Lamont- Collinwood if you feel comfortable, maybe you can try to talk out, owrk out some of the conflicting messages that seem to be frustrating at least 2 of the users here?

If not here, I would encourage you to discuss it privately- but to approach it with facts and set guidelines.

Such as, instead of saying "id like to trade growing pains for sabrina- something more concerete :

I have Growing pains, on 25 discs. It is missing 12 episodes. I can mkae copies and send out Friday the 16th. I will put delivery conf on the package.

I think sometimes as we get older in our trades and more comfortable- sometimes we assume things, and take for granted some ideas and choices that might not be choices, but expectations.

I dont think any user expects a trade of discs out overnight, but most do want, and expect a set date- and when those items to arrive
It to be what they were expecting- in many cases they are for another trade.
so when a package comes short of 12 episodes, or missing discs- it is and can be very frustrating to them-

I have also found, as we trade and get more comfortable we CHECK our own items less.

I recently swore my set of Always Sunny Burned- and was wrong and dispaointed a couple traders- now trying to replace it.

Another time, I had traded with someone so often I just assumed everything was fine, and realized months later a certain brand of media was incompatable with my machines, and frustrated both of us, simply because I didn't check sooner.
So what could have been only 20 discs to replace, turned out to be hundreds.

Don't assume, always check your stuff so that your media is as reliable as you are.

Just some humble opinions.

I think a few members are looking for closure and feel this is a repetative situation- and yes a few have asked my advice- which you are aware of- since I approached you.
So since the point and opinions are out in the public, maybe you can dicuss them and come to a compromise?

But to only reply, stating some discs went out to a user who posted- doesn't help resolve anything

You don't have to do it publically, but I think you will find some constructive criticism, and maybe some hellpful advice can be had in the forums.
savageamusement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:06 AM   #11
y2k3Joker
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collinwood2003
Hey Chris. I did send your package out. I been so tired lately to let you know. I did include lots of extras for you. I don't mind sending first I actually love to send first. Please let me know when you get my package.

The only way this statement will have any meaning to me is if the date of the postmark on the package is any date before today.

- if it's marked May 11th (tomorrow's date) or later, the only thing I along with any others in similar situations with you will be able to conclude is, that you are trying to save face after receiving some negative feedback.

-I can understand if someone is tired with work or other commitments and can't complete an order or trade but when old trades are getting pushed back in favor of new ones, well .....

I didn't post this to "scare" you into sending me anything. Believe me, I can find anything i want to add to my list with a couple of e-mails.

The purpose was to alert others of how you have operated in the past - apparently a lot of people are not happpy with you for various reasons. Hopefully people will approach you with caution from now on.

I also agree, there's only a select few of us who take chances and are willing to take the bullet for the group (in retaliation feedback) but so be it. It's a dirty job, but somebody's got do it
y2k3Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:00 AM   #12
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default Many emails

well I see that she posted sending a pacakge to Joker----
no replies to me here, no replies to spooky here

and i got a bunch of emails

I got several emails from her AFTER this post went up--- no replies all week until then---

1 email says she is sorting through all the emails and will let me know

2 next email asked why i was posting this? WELL The answer is this, I have asked her OVER AND OVER the same questions and not gotten any answers to them---- still no answers to my questions even after all this

SO TO POST AGAIN----- 1. CAN THE JUST SHOOT ME REPLACEMENTS BE SENT OR NOT--- it APPEARS that Spooky has been waiting since Jan for stuff from her---- SO I DO NOT KNOW HOW WILLING TO SEND THEM TO HER he is going to be

2. DID U SEND ME THE GROWING PAINS missing 4 discs?

3. DID U send me the 3 vhs eps trasnfered to dvd?

PRETTY STRAIGHT FORWARD QUESTIONS

please rsvp and answer them for me

AGAIN, i like her, and we have had some good swaps, she even sent me 2 missing eps last year i needed to complete a set
BUT it looks like the only way this mess is gonna be cleared up is publicly
Old 05-11-2006, 06:17 AM   #13
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default PS

a few quick notes

1. I was written by Collinwood that

"It was mostly you causing all the trouble." -- apparently, ALL THE ANGRY TRADERS are simply not true and lamont is a troublemaker?? Gee, arent I the one who ALWAYS tries to make peace? and says the KISS AND MAKE UP LINE???? even to the point of making stomachs turn?

me causing all the trouble?

and this is simply NOT TRUE AT ALL

if she READS this post, it will be obvious that

1. Joker is not happy, 2. Loren is NOT happy, 3. Spooky is NOT happy, 4. Randazzo also seems to have problem, 5. I am not happy--- THIS IS NOT EVEN INLCLUDING 2 other traders who apparently are not willing to post about it.... IT IS NOT SIMPLY MEAN OLD LAMONT, maam

ALSO

i do not understand what is going on, LAST I HEARD a few days ago the JUST SHOOT ME redos were going to be to me soon, NEW EMAIL SAYS to JUST SEND THEM BACK TO HER?????? Please clarify

also written " I been sending first with everyone for over a month now which I don't mind at all doing. " THAT IS FINE WITH ME, BUT DOES NOT HELP MY SITUATION AT ALL_-- u also SENT FIRST TO ME--- -BUT if u send messed up sets with discs STILL MISSING_---- then that does NOT complete the trade--- and NOTHING is sent from the other end UNTIL u fix---- THAT IS THE PROBLEM here, yes i didnt send first, BUT have been waiting MONTHS for the rest of it, and having to go back and forth over and over all the time---- and this is NOT the first time this happened, its like the 4th or 5th trade like this.

ALSO WRITTEN " I didn't have to put the 3 growing pains on dvd for you. I just did that as a favor. " TRUE, BUT ONCE U TELL SOMEONE U R DOING IT, it is NOW part of the trade--- if i tell joker--- I GOT THE MISSING 2 CRAPOLA THEATRES joker, and im sending them with the lucy stuff, THEN HE IS EXPECTING ME TO SEND and its not just a favor anymore, its an AGREED UPON PART OF THE TRADE

ALSO, when someone DOES A FAVOR and helps out, that does not excuse problems a YEAR LATER-- we have all done that, sent someone a missing ep to complete a set, and YES we all appreciate it and try to even it out, BUT a year later, noone STILL OWES anyone for a "favor" like that

I really like her, but i do not like being portrayed as the bad guy, because I want the stuff i was supposed to have months ago, i mean im not being unreasonable or unfair to her at all--- she said she would send the stuff out, she has told me OVER AND OVER AND OVER that she was fixing the stuff---i just want it done, PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH DIRECT ANSWERS or POST THEM HERE PLEASE

ALSO, here is the rest of the story--- OUR LAST TRADE or 2 apparently she got 3 defective discs--- i guess she didnt notice at first they were bad or such and asked me for redos to be sent out -- WHEN SHE SET UP THIS TRADE WITH ME--- I specifically asked "DO U NEED NOW? OR SHOULD I SEND WITH THE WHOLE TRADE?" and she said " JUST SEND WITH THE WHOLE TRADE" so that was the deal, we agreed to it and made it official. I am sorry that now she has had months of issues in fulfilling the trade, BUT that was what SHE agreed to and I aint changing it in mid stream---- BECAUSE I fear that if i were just to send out the 3 redos now, THEN I WILL NOT GET THIS RESOLVED for another 3 months.

So there is NO NEED for anyone to ask any other trader to GET THOSE 3 DISCS b/c mean old lamont wont send them, b/c i will send EVERYTHING we agreed on once this deal is complete----- IN FACT THE STUFF IS ALL READY AND DONE AND WAITING and has been for over 2 months.

PLEASE let me know what is up, IF U CANNOT FIX THIS MATTER< please let me know so i can look elsewhere for it, IF U CAN, and i really hope u can then do so and post me the facts.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:22 AM   #14
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default she knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOOKYFOXMULDER
How can someone who has been around for such a long time, doesnt know how it works?

i wont OUT anyone, BUT a moderator I know
knows that these problems and patterns have gone on for SEVERAL YEARS, and collinwood2003 DOES know how it works

so i dont know why the PRE TRADING Continues
Old 05-11-2006, 06:27 AM   #15
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default just re read

just re read it all
the whole thread again

i do not understand at all

all the problems that were touched on, all the issues CLEARLY stated, information requested

and the ONLY reply that is made is to joker saying I SENT YOU A PACKAGE????