Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 2, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: A Look at the Party of Five Reboot; The Simpsons Not Ending Soon, Says Producer

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-19-2007, 09:57 PM   #61
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Mozart, while I see you are trying to convey, the argument simply does not hold water. Ladner from what has been said was a well liked kid at his school, he was not bullied and tourmented on a daily basis like Klebold and Harris.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:05 PM   #62
rovinggambler
Occasional Poster

Mozart, I understand the need for concrete facts, believe me...I wish we had them. As far as the liscense thing goes...I find it odd myself how it ended up in New York. That, along with everything else in this case, remains a mystery that I'm afraid we'll never know the answer to.

By the way, if anyone wants to leave a note or "virtual flowers" at Norman's grave, you can do so by visiting www.findagrave.com and search for Norman Charles Ladner. He is buried in Turtleskin Cemetary in Hancock County, MS.
rovinggambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:10 PM   #63
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

rovinggambler, thanks for the pics, it really makes it more real. Whenever I see it on tv I get it in my head that it's only in the tv sometimes. Anyways, I hope something eventually comes out in this case, someone knows something, and I know it wasn't suicide. Unfortunately, it seems as though some human beings have no conscience. I feel for him because I too like to do things alone and on my own a lot and this story reminded me of my life in some ways.
hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:23 PM   #64
steelrain
Occasional Poster

after a plane drop in the south the drugs are then transported by car to new york. this could explain the wallet
steelrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:25 PM   #65
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelrain
after a plane drop in the south the drugs are then transported by car to new york. this could explain the wallet
that does make a lot of sense. The drop is just to get the drugs into the states, once there, they are dispersed to different parts of the country. I find it very hard to believe that someone came across the wallet in the woods without taking it from him.
hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:07 AM   #66
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartpc27
Actually, under any circumstances, I think it's a little weird it turned up so far away. But the fact that it turned up far away is in itself weird; I don't know that it more strongly supports a ruling of murder or suicide. I think it's kind of neutral with respect to that decision, but it's strange in its own right. Am I making sense?
Actually, the wallet being found in New York, to me, even further convices me Norman was murdered. Assuming Norman didn't lose his wallet before his death (which there doesn't appear to be any evidence indicating as such), then it was taken when he died. Plus, if he did intentionally drop the wallet, then commit suicide, someone probably would have found it and turned it into the police (I would imagine they would have heard about the Ladner case and figured it was important.) Now I'm not saying all people from Mississippi hate New Yorkers, but a fair share of them do, so for someone to venture from Mississippi to New York, they were probably just passing through Mississippi and never lived there. The town they lived in seems like a small, family-oriented community, and I can't imagine any of them doing a bunch of traveling. I'm not trying to stereotype people, I'm just going off of statistics.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:53 PM   #67
rovinggambler
Occasional Poster

Former Sheriff Lorance Lumpkin who was service at the time of Norman's murder passed away this past weekend. Here is the newspaper article...

Published: December 11, 2007 12:52 pm

Services held for former Pearl River County Sheriff

Item Staff Report

McNeill — Services were held for former Pearl River County Sheriff Ulmer Lorance Lumpkin of McNeill on Sunday at the New Palestine Cemetery. Lumpkin was 58 years old.

The Rev. Jimmy Albritton officiated the service, and was assisted by the Rev. Jeff Easterling.

In a phone interview on Tuesday, Albritton shared his memory of Lumpkin.

“He was married to my niece, so technically he was my nephew,” Albritton said. “He was also a very close friend.”

Albritton remembered Lumpkin as a good police officer who was good at his job.

“He was a good law enforcement officer. He had some problems later in life, but he was an excellent law officer. He did a good job as the chief of Picayune Police, and as the sheriff of this county,” Albritton said. “He was a policeman first, and everything else second.”

Lumpkin served as Picayune chief of police from 1983 until 1985. He served as Pearl River County Sheriff from 1985 until 1992. He was also a member of Central Baptist Church.

He is survived by his wife, Yamileth, his mother, Audrey Mae, four children, and three grandchildren.
rovinggambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:20 PM   #68
kadrmas15

Well, I'm sorry the guy passed away, but frankly he couldnt do his job worth a crap. He basically covered up why and how Norman died, in my opinion. In my opinion, it is fairly obvious that Norman was murdered, most likely by drug runners that he had walked in on or had ran across and they didnt want him talking so they murdered him to shut him up.

This happened in a rural part of the country, as we know in most rural areas, people are usually either unable or unwilling to admit any thing bad goes on in their area since it is easier to be in denial and not ruin the pretty little picture they think is their town or their county or whatever.

It was easier for the sheriff and his department to conclude it was a suicide and just close the case because they didnt want to ruffle any feathers and they didnt want to do the work it would take to do a murder investigation. Plus the sheriff and his department hid and destroyed evidence. I dont like speaking ill of the dead, but the sheriff really should have done a much better job, it was rather unprofessional the way he handled it.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:37 PM   #69
kamy
UM Fanatic
Forum Regular

Charles Ladner and Norman Ladner, are they one in the same? I'm confused!!!!!
kamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:07 PM   #70
DarkDante

His full name I believe is Norman Charles Ladner.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 11:23 PM   #71
kadrmas15

I believe Norman's name was Charles Ladner. I think Norman's full name was Charles Norman Ladner Jr but he went by Norman to distinguish himself from his father.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:17 AM   #72
unsolvedmysteriesfan
Frequent Poster

Well, sad when anyone passes on, of course, but, perhaps there may now be a real investigation into the whole Ladner thing? thanks for posting roving
unsolvedmysteriesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:18 AM   #73
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

This was one of the most disturbing. Obviously a murder passed off as a suicide because the cops wouldn't or couldn't do their jobs. PDs like that are a crook's dream.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:22 PM   #74
mphs95
Remember me?
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to mphs95

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartpc27

The bruise on the top of Ladner's head is at least interesting, but, if I recall correctly, Ladner was standing underneath a tree when he died. Perhaps he used the gun to shoot himself, and the force of the blast knocked his head backwards and it hit the tree, hard, before he fell to the ground. The kickback on guns is more significant than people realize, I think.

The only thing I find the least bit troubling is the gun being broken in half. It is hard to imagine how that happened, but, then again, it's hard to imagine how it happened under ANY circumstances. If someone got the jump on him and killed him, however they did it, why would they go to the trouble of breaking his gun? I suppose it could have broken during a struggle, but even that seems unlikely. Let's put it this way: the gun being broken is such an unusual circumstance that I can't think of any explanation fitting into either a murder or suicide scenario that seems terribly likely; since that's the case, the gun's broken state doesn't tend to support either murder or suicide with any certainty in my mind.

And with no other actual evidence supporting the prospect that someone else was there or that drug trafficking involving planes and radios was even happening in the first place, I think the highest probability remains that Charles Ladner shot himself.
For all intents and purposes, Norman died almost instantly. To get the bruise on his head, he had to get it before he was shot. Dead people don't bruise...scientific fact.

It doesn't make sense for a COD of suicide. With all the different variables, a GOOD and THROUGH investigation is in order. Hopefully someday, when all the good ol boys are gone, a cold case squad can investigate, find out what happened, and give the Ladner family some closure.
mphs95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:39 PM   #75
CowboyStudTied
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm80
To put it mildly...it IS a very sad case.

I just watched it myself. That scene, where Norman is against the tree...and that guy comes from behind...scary!

What is really sad is...everthing pretty much. The music that opens the case. And then there is his mother...real soft spoken, really sad.

Something has got to be done here...I mean, there's NO WAY he died by suicide, and NO WAY he died by accident!

How does his gun break in half?
How does he have a bruise in the top of his head?
What happend to his wallet? Last I checked, wallets don't just get up and walk away.
What was that device they found nearby?

The ARROGANT displayed in this case by the investigators...That just ticks me off. As far as I am concerned...that radio device IS relevant to Norman's death.

This case really bothers me...I'm starting to believe it IS related to Ives/Henry deaths about two years earlier.

I saw the video when he died his Cowboy boots were inside his jeans,
is it possible they staged it and if it is related to the boy's on tracks case where the hell was that guy in the camo and can he be related?

These two cases I fear will probably never will be resolved. is the series Unsolved mysteries still like updating the show or no?
CowboyStudTied is offline   Reply With Quote