Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-06-2005, 10:15 PM   #16
DarkDante

The segment never mentioned anything about Tammy Leppert being pregnant possibly due to the stigmata that still exists somewhat in society today that if a girl is pregnant at a young age she must be "trashy" etc - They wanted to make Tammy seem sympathetic to the audiance and saying she was pregnant would have not gone to any lengths to drive home that point and may have lead some viewers to believe Tammy ran off to escape all the "hoo ha" surrounding a possible preganancy etc. I don't believe this is the case.

Sociological issues aside: Tammy's sister recently mentioned that Tammy might have been three months pregnant at the time of her disappearance. She also mentioned in the same statement that the UM segment was incorrect in the color of the car that Tammy was last seen in. It wasn't black...it was blue.

Later.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:23 AM   #17
nohwheregirl
THE Mystery Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDante
The segment never mentioned anything about Tammy Leppert being pregnant possibly due to the stigmata that still exists somewhat in society today...
Now that's a WHOLE OTHER unsolved mystery!
nohwheregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:21 AM   #18
crystaldawn

Its very possible there were two separate things going on in Tami's life. There's the issue of her either witnessing something very disturbing like she claimed or having a mental illness that made her paranoid. On the other hand it seems more believable that she was a victim of a random act of violence. I mean if you believe the friend that she was last seen with, no one would have known that Tami would have been wandering the streets at that moment and it would seem more plausible she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Yes, the whole pregnancy issue is interesting. Was Tami dating someone exclusively at the time? Did the father of her baby (if she was pregnant) know it and was he questioned by police?
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:22 AM   #19
DarkDante

Default Nah I doubt it was a random act of violence

It's just too simple that Tammy gets dropped off at a bank and somebody just "happens" to do her harm. Too much like all the theories surrounding the death of Blair Adams. Personally I never buy into that stuff. If Tammy was killed it was possibly because (and this is a big if!) that after being dropped off at the bank she decided to confront or seek out whomever was causing her all this grief.

That is if you buy into the theory that she still isn't alive somewhere. From the way UM portrayed it - it looked like she was going to have a nervous breakdown right in the car with that guy she was with. I'm gonna to try and talk to Suzanne later today and try to get some more information but I think she has said that the guy was questioned several times and either has an alibi for the time after he left Tammy at the bank or something - I know he isn't what we would call a "lead suspect" in the case. My theory is the rubber band stretched as far as it would go and perhaps Tammy wandered off somewhere and met with either an accidental death or whatever. I believe that she is possibly one of the many "Jane Does" out there - Yes it is strange that she disappeared literally in broad daylight in a populated area but I'd like to remind you of something:

DANIEL WILSON: Remember this case? - The guy who had a breakdown at work possibly due to carbon monoxide poisoning due to a defective muffler in his car. He apparently was on his way to his mother's house when he pulled over to the side of the road and vanished. For over ten years his family thought he was wandering around not knowing where he is. The authorities even claimed that a thorough search was done in the area that he vanished. Then in 1997 only five miles from where his car was parked they found his remains and said he died of exposure.

The point I'm trying to make is if Tammy Leppert did have some sort of a breakdown the last thing on her mind would be her own bearings. She could have very easily just wandered off somewhere or got in some type of accident and has yet to be identified. If she is still alive I would go with the amnesia theory but I think it is too conveinent to think that either a stranger or her "mystery stalker" caught up with her at that exact moment in time unless in the case of the guy she was so afraid of...she initiated contact with him.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:59 PM   #20
KyooMac
Frequent Poster

I'm with you. I think she just walked off and met harm from her own device.
KyooMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 05:06 PM   #21
PracTz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
Wait a minute, when was it ever said that she was 3 months pregnant when she vanished? I don't remember hearing that.
It may be that the producers used that as the 'missing puzzle piece' so they could weed legit tips from crank calls. UM often left one one vital puzzle piece for that reason. I believe Angela Hammond (the one abducted from the phone booth while talking w/ boyfriend) was also pregnant at the time of her abduction but this,too, went unmentioned on UM!
PracTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:35 PM   #22
crystaldawn

Really? Angela Hammond was pregnant when she disappeared?! Where did you hear that? Yes, I have the NBC "Live from the Telecenter" 90 minute broadcast and they showed you behind the scenes at the telecenter. They even mentioned that UM leaves 3 facts out of these cases to help them determine if these leads are legitimate or not. Kinda of makes you wonder which 3 facts where left out of some of our favorite cases doesn't it?
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:43 PM   #23
PracTz

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
Really? Angela Hammond was pregnant when she disappeared?! Where did you hear that? Yes, I have the NBC "Live from the Telecenter" 90 minute broadcast and they showed you behind the scenes at the telecenter. They even mentioned that UM leaves 3 facts out of these cases to help them determine if these leads are legitimate or not. Kinda of makes you wonder which 3 facts where left out of some of our favorite cases doesn't it?
Her mother appeared on a talk show about ten years ago dealing with missing/abducted loved ones and she mentioned Angela being pregnant and she was also wondering if somehow she may have been grandmother by her missing daughter. It had been over a year since the abduction had happened at that point.
PracTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:49 PM   #24
DarkDante

Default Well I can tell you with 100%

certainty that in some cases a lot of information is probably left out. For instance my favorite case that of "Nyleen Kay Marshall", I would love to know just for my own information all the information the police have regarding her disappearance but I'm not going to even waste my trying to write them for an update or info because any case dealing with a possible "child abduction" is dealt as a "silent case" in which a lot of details are never revealed to the general public in order to a) protect the child's safety and b) help identify the abductor if the case ever gets to that stage.

I still might write Nancy Marshall one day to express my deep sympathy and prayers though. This case touches me for some reason like none of the others do - Always has and probably always will.

Later.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:08 AM   #25
MetalHybrid
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes Of Fear
I tried it and it played fine. I'm using Windows Media Player 10 series so you may need to upgrade.

Well I tried again to play it today and this time it said I had to connect to the net to play it. That was no prob, but when I tried to start it up it took a long time buffering and after waiting a log time for only 6% I stopped. Is there any way this long time to start up/buffer can be fixed?
MetalHybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 12:24 AM   #26
Kemistry
Mysterious Intrigue
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Kemistry Send a message via MSN to Kemistry

I once again re-tried the clip and it played quite quickly, didn't hang at 6%. I'm not sure what the problem is but it has to be on your end. Are you using dial-up by any chance?
Old 07-08-2005, 02:21 AM   #27
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDante
certainty that in some cases a lot of information is probably left out. For instance my favorite case that of "Nyleen Kay Marshall", I would love to know just for my own information all the information the police have regarding her disappearance but I'm not going to even waste my trying to write them for an update or info because any case dealing with a possible "child abduction" is dealt as a "silent case" in which a lot of details are never revealed to the general public in order to a) protect the child's safety and b) help identify the abductor if the case ever gets to that stage.

I still might write Nancy Marshall one day to express my deep sympathy and prayers though. This case touches me for some reason like none of the others do - Always has and probably always will.
You ever hit "pause" when they show the letter from the abductor and read some of it? I had nightmares for a week. It is very disturbing.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 10:42 AM   #28
DarkDante

Default Yes

and you are not alone Justin, that letter is pretty disturbing anyone who would force Nyleen to do those things detailed in the letter must not have one ounce of humanity in them despite the fact that he claimed how much he loved "Kay"

Later.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:08 PM   #29
dynoguy88

Default reply

Regarding the Tammy Leppert segment - it was stated that after "Spring Break" wrapped up and she went to a weekend party, she came back a different person. That's when her crazy behavior started. She might have in fact witnessed something horrible that weekend. I'm wondering if the police ever went back and interviewed people who were at that party, who she was hanging out with the most that weekend, what was her behaviour like at the party - was she having fun? Was she scared? Was she acting worried?

If her paranoia wasn't psychological, then SOMETHING had to have happened at the weekend party and I would think interviewing others who were there would give the police a clearer picture.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 05:19 PM   #30
DarkDante

Default Theory

Hmm your post brought something to mind dyno guy that in a very remote possibility might have happened. It has been said that the early 80s around the time Tammy Leppert vanished was one of the worse times for drug use in this country. It is possible that while at this party Tammy might have either mixed a drug with alcohol (both substances which might have been generally benign by themselves) and had some type of psychosis reaction to it.

This is very rare but I can note at least two cases one of which is musician Brian Wilson who started experiencing paranoiac episodes after mixing drugs and alcohol. It is important to note that in general prior to this the individual does not distribute any signs of mental instability but drugs could bring these characteristics to the forefront. I am in no way suggesting or implying that this happened but since we are all about theories it must be mentioned that paranoic behavior such at that Tammy Leppert was displaying can commonly be linked to drug or alcohol use.

Later.