Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Soaps Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Soaps

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-08-2005, 01:31 AM   #1
factsoflife

Default Recasting, Carly.

As you all may know by now, Tamara Braun has opted to leave her role as Carly Corinthos on "General Hospital" and so the big question is who will get the role once she is gone? many names have been thrown around as a possible recast for this important GH role so i'm asking you, who should play Carly on GH?

Here are some names that have been mentioned as possible recasts for Carly:

Eden Reigal (Ex-Bianca, AMC)
Sarah Brown (Ex-Carly, GH, Ex-Julia, ATWT)
Gina Tognoni (Ex-Kelly, OLTL, Dinha, GL)
Jamie Luner (Ex-Peyton, Savannah, Ex-Lexi, MP)
Elizabeth Hendrickson (Ex-Maggie/Frankie, AMC)
Shawn Batten (Ex-Natalia, Spyder Games, Ex-Sunset Beach)
Susan Ward (Ex-Meg, Sunset Beach, Ex-Ashley, Malibu Shores)

So can any of these women play Carly? or is someone else just perfect for the role? sound off and don't be afraid to say what you really feel..

My thoughts:

Sarah Brown will never come back to GH, this is apparent at least to me. So my next choice would be Jamie Luner who possess the right amount of strength and vulnerbility needed to play Carly, she'll set a different vibe but it will work. The one thing i'd worry about is i don't think she'd be able to play the Mother side too well...

Shawn Batten on the other hand, i think could play this character really, really well. She has the perfect mixtuer of the tough as nails carly and the sweethearted mother. she would NAIL this role.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:10 PM   #2
JenniferGraham1370
http://s6.invisionfr
Occasional Poster

I hate that Tamara is leaving, but I think we will get used to someone new after a while. Just so long as they don't bring in someone who is so completely different we can watch anymore.
JenniferGraham1370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:53 PM   #3
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

Jamie Luner would be great or maybe Sarah Buxtom, she could play the "bitch" to a "T" if she was available for the role

I don't want Eden or Elizabeth in the role, GH isn't good enough for them IMO and they dont treat women characters very well on GH, and I don't think I could stand all the bashing either lady would get stepping in as Carly, they're too good for that, anyone is really.

I'm going with Jamie Luner, but I think they need to have Carly leave the canvas for awhile, then bring her back with a recast after maybe 3 or 4 months. Like she leaves to deal with Michael's death or something.
spunkygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:47 PM   #4
factsoflife

I've actually heard that Sarah Buxton is being considered for the role, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.
factsoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 02:01 AM   #5
Miss Golden
Banned
Banned!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by factsoflife
I've actually heard that Sarah Buxton is being considered for the role, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.
ITS CONFIRMED Sarah Buxton has been cast as Carly at General Hospital, Sarah Brown recently returned to the Bold and the Beautiful to play Morgan Dewitt which she played for over a year during 2000-2001, however the character was sent to prison, but was released 4 years later, Buxton had signed a one year deal with B&B (she began airing in March 2005), but it was reduced to only one month after fans did not accept her character. Her last airdate on B&B will be sometime in April.

SOURCE:

www.generalhospitalhappenings.com
Miss Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 11:01 AM   #6
factsoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Golden
ITS CONFIRMED Sarah Buxton has been cast as Carly at General Hospital, Sarah Brown recently returned to the Bold and the Beautiful to play Morgan Dewitt which she played for over a year during 2000-2001, however the character was sent to prison, but was released 4 years later, Buxton had signed a one year deal with B&B (she began airing in March 2005), but it was reduced to only one month after fans did not accept her character. Her last airdate on B&B will be sometime in April.

SOURCE:

www.generalhospitalhappenings.com
yes that is the site that has said it, but Soap Opera Weekly nor Soap Opera Digest has confirmed anything yet.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:00 AM   #7
Molson
Member.....
Frequent Poster

Thumbs down RE: Carley recast....

That really blows...I hate all these recasting in these soaps....they have done it twice in one week on Y&R....I never liked Sarah Brown, I thought she over acted...and I didn't like this Carly for the longest time and it's at the point now as I can at least watch a few scenes with her in it....I tape all my soaps so I can bypass all the boring stuff and the commercials...And the Sonny Carly storylines are just sickening to watch...All this family crap, and Sonny being all this big tough guy that no one can touch...Huh!! I hardly ever see him do his dirty work and he's all talk too...I really hated the storylines when the whole Alexis and Sonny custody battle...IMO he shouldn't have any kind of custody b/c of the way he lives...and when they agreed to joint and he wanted unlimited access that IMO was a load of crap.... Grrrrr...that has got to be the worst storyline ever with Sonny and Carly...I wish they both would disappear off the show I can't stand him...... Wow, sorry for my ranting there people....Have been holding that in about him for too long........So I don't think I will pay any attention to that part of the show any more......
The same with the Jax and Courtney thing too those two are a snooze fest.....
Old 03-26-2005, 02:48 AM   #8
factsoflife

Soap opera digest has confirmed that Sarah Buxton has NOT gotten the role of Carly. They won't say who did, but they said that its not Buxton. They have hinted as have other sources that its someone named Jennifer who used to play Georgie Phillips on "One Life To Live". we'll see.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:37 AM   #9
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0105211/

Jennifer Bransford (ex-Georgie Phillips, OLTL) has been recast as Carly.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:41 PM   #10
factsoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Dane

Well this hasn't been confirmed at all. The April 3 edition of Soap Opera Digest is supposed to have the confirmation of whom will be cast in the role. and IMBD is known to be terribly unreliable anyways...
Old 03-30-2005, 04:20 PM   #11
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by factsoflife
Well this hasn't been confirmed at all. The April 3 edition of Soap Opera Digest is supposed to have the confirmation of whom will be cast in the role. and IMBD is known to be terribly unreliable anyways...
Actually it has been confirmed, it's in the new tv guide, and in a couple of soap mags as well. She starts April 18th, that's about 3 days after Tamara's last airdate
Old 03-31-2005, 01:55 AM   #12
Molson
Member.....
Frequent Poster

Thumbs down

Quote:

There is no pic on that link...So I have no idea who your talking about....But either way it BLOWS!!!!!! I am almost ready to give up on these soaps with all the recasting crap...... Grrrrr
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:00 PM   #13
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

Hmmm all I can say is it's your loss, I think she's a great actress. You can go to:

http://p077.ezboard.com/fthenewsnsfrm10

There's a thread that has pictures of her in it
Old 04-04-2005, 01:17 AM   #14
Molson
Member.....
Frequent Poster

Thumbs down RE: CARLY..........

Quote:
Hmmm all I can say is it's your loss, I think she's a great actress. You can go to:

http://p077.ezboard.com/fthenewsnsfrm10

There's a thread that has pictures of her in it
Wow that's a pretty harsh thing to say.... It is just very frustrating after watching some soaps all these years and they have these recasting too often..... It is hard to re-adjust and to make yourself think that that person is the new whoever.....In this case it's Carly.... I wish Sonny would be written out of the show he is also very boring to watch and his storylines are predictable and BLAH!!!! The almighty Sonny..... give me a break......But I won't leave I will just continue to tape it and watch it after and then fast forward the commercials and the Sonny Carly storylines.......
Old 04-20-2005, 10:36 AM   #15
Molson
Member.....
Frequent Poster

Angry RE: Carly's recasting.....

OK...does anyone ever read any of these posts at all???? It's like every so often I check on a few and my replys will still be the last one....There are oviously not a whole lot of people that read these posts or threads or even come on this site...... BUT here it goes...... I saw the episode yesterday where the new Carly is on and I have to tell you she blows, big time......
Man I can't even sit through any of her scenes, I really hate it when people leave these roles and then they try to replace them...IMO they should write them off until they are able to come back and do the role like with Jason...He will leave for months and months at a time and they never recast his roles, he just comes back when he is ready...... Especially having someone come in on such a mager story line and we are suppose to be sold on her as being the new Carly....NOT......Again they are forceing me to fast forward those parts of the show.......Grrrrrr!!!!!!!!