Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 2, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: A Look at the Party of Five Reboot; The Simpsons Not Ending Soon, Says Producer
Dove Channel Brings Out Holiday Classics; CW Gets DC Universe Series with Sitcom Star

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-08-2018, 12:11 PM   #376
Huskerz85
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86 View Post
I've been thinking about this theory being discussed of late and can't help but notice it's almost a mirror image of what some people think happened in the Marlena Childress case. Even down to the mothers' respective nervous breakdowns shortly after the disappearances, and the sightings stories.

Just an interesting observation.
Definitely makes sense
Huskerz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:50 AM   #377
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Darn. I wish I could tag Crystaldawn on this one. On her personal FB page, she just posted a story of an unidentified Jane Doe who some are theorizing could be Anthonette. It's an older, creepy clay job on the skull, but it looks pretty similar. Ages match up and I was taken by the similarities in the nose shape.

Crystaldawn-- do you have that link? If I have time, I'll run back to your page and copy/paste the link here.

EDITED TO ADD: Found it!
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 06:46 AM   #378
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

I don't think that girl is her. It's over 2 hours away from where she was last seen, and it would mean that she would have to have been kept alive for 10 years after her abduction. This link says the woman was white with Hispanic and Native American features, and had shades of red hair. I still think she died during the night of her disappearance or shortly after.
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:26 PM   #379
SPD Yellow
Forum Regular

I probably shouldn’t go around resurrecting threads, but Cayleigh Elise on the forbidden site, has a video on Anthonette. She takes a more sympathetic view of Penny Cayedito, saying that the story about her coming into a large sum of cash after Anthonette disappeared, isn’t true. Thought I’d see what you all thought of it and promote Caleigh Elise’s videos. She does some good work and has done videos on several cases covered on UM.
SPD Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:40 PM   #380
GDAWG
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPD Yellow View Post
I probably shouldnít go around resurrecting threads, but Cayleigh Elise on the forbidden site, has a video on Anthonette. She takes a more sympathetic view of Penny Cayedito, saying that the story about her coming into a large sum of cash after Anthonette disappeared, isnít true. Thought Iíd see what you all thought of it and promote Caleigh Eliseís videos. She does some good work and has done videos on several cases covered on UM.
She says that she is leaving soon.
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:52 PM   #381
SPD Yellow
Forum Regular

Yeah I watched the video. It’s a shame she has to leave, but as a sufferer of mental illness, I completely understand the importance of taking care of yourself. In any case, it’s not like she can’t come back at some future time if she felt up to it. Though I would still support her even if she never came back. Heck, since I only recently discovered her channel, her leaving will give me a chance to get caught up.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:10 AM   #382
GDAWG
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Yeah I watched the video. Itís a shame she has to leave, but as a sufferer of mental illness, I completely understand the importance of taking care of yourself. In any case, itís not like she canít come back at some future time if she felt up to it. Though I would still support her even if she never came back. Heck, since I only recently discovered her channel, her leaving will give me a chance to get caught up.
She has said that she will leave all of her cases up for viewing unless they are solved, in which case she will take them down.
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:18 AM   #383
jets4life
Frequent Poster

Quote:
I probably shouldn’t go around resurrecting threads, but Cayleigh Elise on the forbidden site, has a video on Anthonette. She takes a more sympathetic view of Penny Cayedito, saying that the story about her coming into a large sum of cash after Anthonette disappeared, isn’t true. Thought I’d see what you all thought of it and promote Caleigh Elise’s videos. She does some good work and has done videos on several cases covered on UM.
If Caleigh Elise says this, than she does not know anything about the case. Even if her videos are well done, the fact remains that she is a Websleuth just like all of us, with no special skills in law enforcement, or private investigations.

Last edited by jets4life; 09-09-2019 at 02:52 PM.
jets4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 05:39 PM   #384
Love A Good Mystery
Frequent Poster

[QUOTE] There's a million ways she could have escaped in the diner and any way you think of it, it would have worked. I cannot buy that a 14 year old girl was that stupid. ]QUOTE

Respectfully snipped.

I am going to play devils advocate here. Look at the case of Steven Stayner. He stayed with his kidnapper for 7 years, and it was only when the kidnapper, a POS named Kenneth Parnell helped abduct another boy named Timmy White that Steven had the courage to escape.

Parnell had a job that kept him from home, enrolled Steven in a school, and still Steven did not escape until the other boy was kidnapped.

My point is, if you are that scared of your kidnapper and/or that brainwashed by your abductor that your family doesn't want you, you might not try to escape either.

RIP, Steven, you were one of my first heroes for what you endured and how you saved Timmy.
Love A Good Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:22 AM   #385
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jets4life View Post
If Caleigh Elise says this, than she does not know anything about the case.
I don't know anything about this person and I have never watched their videos, but I do find it odd (and a little annoying) that people who have never participated on this board have written blogs, recorded vlogs, and done podcasts essentially regurgitating the theories that posters have come up with on here without giving credit. I've seen at least 2 blogs which have stolen some of my posts word for word about the Circleville Writer.
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 11:22 AM   #386
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
I don't know anything about this person and I have never watched their videos, but I do find it odd (and a little annoying) that people who have never participated on this board have written blogs, recorded vlogs, and done podcasts essentially regurgitating the theories that posters have come up with on here without giving credit. I've seen at least 2 blogs which have stolen some of my posts word for word about the Circleville Writer.

Interesting you bring this up this week, as the Charley Project creator just did a blog post about plagiarism this week about certain podcasts reading her site word for word without citing her.

I just want to give an appreciative shout-out to RobinW, who always mentions in his podcast that he's reading a theory specifically from certain message boards or websites without passing them off as his own.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:56 AM   #387
TripleG
Frequent Poster

This is one of the cases that stick out the most in my mind.

If you ever needed to teach your children not to open the door to strangers, just make them watch this segment.

Personally, and I hate to say this, but I think Anthonette was sold into kidnapped and sold into sex slavery where she ultimately died.

Did the mom have anything to do with it? Seems possible, but I don't want to make it sound like that's what definitively happened. I will say that it is a little weird that the UM segment never mentioned the mom's possible involvement as every other source seems to indicate that it is a heavy possibility.
TripleG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:39 PM   #388
SPD Yellow
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jets4life View Post
If Caleigh Elise says this, than she does not know anything about the case.
Feel free to point me towards a credible source confirming information about this, not just people spinning their wheels over and over about the case. Because while I wonít make any claims about Penny Cayedito being mother of the year, I havenít really seen any sources for the claim about her suddenly coming into a lot of money anywhere except on Internet forums.

When it comes to Penny, itís the phone call that makes me side-eye her. The ďWho told you you could use the phone?!Ē sounds very much like a woman trying to sound like a man. Thereís also the obvious question as to why a kidnapped child would opt to directly call the police station, rather than just dial 911. Most kids are drilled from an early age to call 911 if thereís a crime, a fire, or an accident. Very few would consider directly calling the police station, since that number is nowhere near as immediate or memorable as 911.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:52 PM   #389
mercy1825
Frequent Poster

Calling 911? Remember this was the early 80's
911 was not what it is today. I grew up on the outskirts of Pittsburgh and at that time we did not even have 911 and I still remember the local police phone number 40 years later 412 262 5000. The 911 point is simply not a valid one at all.
mercy1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:27 PM   #390
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy1825 View Post
Calling 911? Remember this was the early 80's
911 was not what it is today. I grew up on the outskirts of Pittsburgh and at that time we did not even have 911 and I still remember the local police phone number 40 years later 412 262 5000. The 911 point is simply not a valid one at all.
My neighborhood didn't get 911 capability until something like 1992. Even then, if you actually DID call 911, it took First Responders something like 45 minutes to get to you...
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote