Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 16, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Max Developing Comedy Series Based Upon Vacation Films; Beverly Hillbillies Mansion Sells for $150 Million
Fri-Yay: Hope for Sitcoms of the 2020s; Good Times Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience
All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-28-2017, 03:31 PM   #196
Huskerz85
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Early in the segment, Stack says that Philip packed up everything he owned into his car, including 2 guns. When he crossed into Canada, his guns were seized and he continued on his journey. At the end of the segment, Stack says that none of Philip's possessions were ever found or recovered. The police officer interviewed says that the car was completely gutted before the killer torched it. Since the killer did not have a vehicle and was hitchhiking throughout Canada, where exactly did he store Philip's possessions? After reading up on Michael McGray, I don't think he's a viable suspect. He targeted gay men, prostitutes, and homeless people, and almost always used a knife in each homicide. Here's the approximation of where the killer left the Olson's house to where the car was found. I think the killer knew someone, or lived nearby the area where the car was found torched. How else would he have made it out of the area, especially with Philip's possessions? I think he had to have had help in moving and possibly disposing of the evidence in Philip's car.
This is a great point, one I've never thought of. With that said, in the absence of any other serial killers not mentioned, I'd wager that it could've been a small town criminal, perhaps a drug dealer, biker or someone of that sort.

In a small town/village/encampment, with either similarly shady co-horts or perhaps relatives, this person could've either disposed of or pawned off Philip's belongings and then faded back in to obscurity.
Huskerz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 05:33 PM   #197
Guitar
Frequent Poster

As I re-watched this one I remembered watching it vividly when I was a kid. It just creeps you the eff out. Also, the scene in which the fatty forced his way into the car cracked me up this time because I pictured people who know me and my attitudes toward the homeless watching it. They would burst into laughter because they know that there is less than zero chance that I would have been like, "well, this is chill. I'll keep driving." I would have stopped the car and said something to the effect of, "if you don't get your ass out of my car now I will beat it out."
Guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 12:48 AM   #198
bryndis
eeek
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SertumAEnigmA View Post
Correct. He was shot with a handgun.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...97,19156&hl=en

This is random but I shared a house with the bf of your avatar.
bryndis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:54 AM   #199
blackdahlia28
Frequent Poster

That Mc Gray serial killer looks very similar to the suspect's sketch
blackdahlia28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 02:52 AM   #200
Hot Jock
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdahlia28 View Post
That Mc Gray serial killer looks very similar to the suspect's sketch
That’s because he did it.
Hot Jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:08 AM   #201
James T

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzlerSparkler View Post
"Tina...Tina uh we've got a winner here, there's something wrong with this guy"

QUOTE=jOHnNyD]Also the Olsens didn't describe this guy in terms even close to the way the Frocklages did. The Frocklages described him as almost from another dimension.

Technically you can get disheveled in an hour...

Still you can be a psychopath and act totally normal
That really annoyed me-your typical small town, small minded people. He could have been mentally disabled for all they knew & there they were judging him on appearance. Reminds me of the case where the black guy walked into the bar with the drunk & everybody went quiet & started staring.

I read somewhere the couple said that both guys stayed at the house, but the show portrayed it as just the killer. Never quite sure with UM how much is artistic licence.
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:16 AM   #202
blackdahlia28
Frequent Poster

I agree, it's Mc Gray, even in the description of the big belly falling out
blackdahlia28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:29 AM   #203
Huskerz85
Forum Regular

My money's on McGray too (he at least shares a build with the guy UM got to portray the suspect - at least from the pics I've been able to find)
Huskerz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:09 AM   #204
MissTree
Occasional Poster

1. I am not understanding the dispute about how Philip died. The media reported that it was from a gun show wound and that police had revealed that info.

2. I do not belive the killer had any intention of flying to Seattle and that is a red herring. (I am guess he likes around Prince George and dropped off the contents of the car at his place before torching it.) How would he have flown to Seattle after selling the car? There was no airport anywhere nearby so the guy could not have bought him a plane ticket but would have given him cash ans he would have to hitchike a distance to an airport. I don't think he was going there. I think he wanted people to think that Philip sold his car which "broke down" and flew to Seattle so that the missing persons search would take place in Seattle and have nothing to do with him. He would take the money for the plane ticket and keep going.

3. This wasn't on the Alaska Highway, as an earlier poster said, but the Stewart-Cassair Highway. I have driven both and, while both are isolated, the S-C is much more so.

4. The city is called Prince George not Fort George.

5. I had to laugh at the person early in the thread who talked about safety with travelling and how they would only have stopped at a place with multiple businesses. On this highway, those places don't exist. Businesses are literally hundreds of miles apart and you stop every time there this is anywhere to stop.

6. I keep getting a feeling that the killer was a guy who had worked mining at Jade City, which is further North up the highway, who eithrt got fired or quit and eas making his way home. I don't why. I'm sure that the RCMP would have checked there to see if anyone recognized the guy.
MissTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 02:19 AM   #205
macbeth06
Forum Regular

He was killed by the hitchhiker he picked up
Old 06-30-2019, 06:40 PM   #206
Hot Jock
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbeth06 View Post
He was killed by the hitchhiker he picked up
Hot Jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:11 PM   #207
jets4life
Frequent Poster

Just my opinion,so take it for what it is worth.

The fact that there were eyewitnesses in remote areas of Northern BC, but none in Prince George, which has 70,000 people is perplexing. According to the RCMP, it was major news in the area, and they knew right away the burned out car was related to the Phillip Fraser disappearance. One would think someone would have spotted him in the community if he was passing through (hotel staff, Greyhound employees, truck stops, etc).

This leads me to believe the suspect was either a resident of Prince George, or was very familiar with the area with family in the city. It would be too hard to go undetected in the city without someone coming into contact with him. I also believe, due to the random encounter and murder, that the suspect has a criminal history, and has spent time in either prison or a mental hospital. It's extremely rare for a person to kill a random stranger and not have had one or more legal beefs throughout his life.

Very frustrating that this was never solved, although Northern BC is not the area in terms of solving crimes, as it is so remote, and has always had a significant transient population.
jets4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:17 PM   #208
jets4life
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTree View Post

2. I do not belive the killer had any intention of flying to Seattle and that is a red herring. (I am guess he likes around Prince George and dropped off the contents of the car at his place before torching it.) How would he have flown to Seattle after selling the car? There was no airport anywhere nearby so the guy could not have bought him a plane ticket but would have given him cash ans he would have to hitchike a distance to an airport. I don't think he was going there. I think he wanted people to think that Philip sold his car which "broke down" and flew to Seattle so that the missing persons search would take place in Seattle and have nothing to do with him. He would take the money for the plane ticket and keep going.
The suspect never intended to fly to Seattle. He extracted as much information from Phillip as possible, and then killed him then pretended that he was Phillip (from Alaska, med school in Washington State, etc). The RCMP already are aware of this. The car was also torched in PG, so it's likely the suspect was just trying to rid himself of any connection to the murder.
jets4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:48 AM   #209
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

McGray was convicted in 1987 of a robbery and sentenced to a 5 year prison term. He would've been in jail during Philip's murder. Plus, the robbery happened across the continent, nowhere close to British Columbia. So it couldn't be him. I still think the guy was local (or knew someone local) in Prince George because he would've needed help in getting rid of evidence as well as possibly selling Philip's possessions.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:50 AM   #210
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
McGray was convicted in 1987 of a robbery and sentenced to a 5 year prison term. He would've been in jail during Philip's murder. Plus, the robbery happened across the continent, nowhere close to British Columbia. So it couldn't be him. I still think the guy was local (or knew someone local) in Prince George because he would've needed help in getting rid of evidence as well as possibly selling Philip's possessions.
Emphasis mine. Even if you ignore the quite concrete fact that McGray was incarcerated at the time of the murder, the crime doesn't fit his MO at all. What I suspect is behind the reason anyone is even still talking McGray as a suspect in this case at all is because he does indeed bear a certain resemblance to one or more of the composite sketches and witness descriptions of the hitchhiker. It's an instance of the very human tendency to make pieces fit despite factual information to the contrary. We have been throwing out McGray for years on this board at various times and there is simply no way he could have committed the crime.

I am somewhat perplexed by the behavior of the perpetrator: firstly, the fact that he left Fraser's body in a gravel turn-off by a desolate highway instead of somewhere in the abundance of wilderness surrounding said highway--unless, for whatever reason, he wanted the body to be eventually found by someone. Secondly, that he burned the car and left it in a public place in a pretty well-populated location. I don't understand the rationale behind these acts, but admittedly I'm approaching it with the presumption that the hitchhiker intended to take every measure to ensure his crimes were adequately concealed. Perhaps I'm incorrect there, but what would be his reasons for not doing so?

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote