Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 2, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-18-2014, 11:32 PM   #1
jeff1990
Frequent Poster

Default The Crow City of Angels (1996) 160 minute Workprint

Looking for a copy of this rare workprint.

The following scenes were cut to the film:

Sarah had a longer voice over in the beginning of the film.

While he is underwater Ashe remembers reading stories to Danny

The crow "lifts" (resurrects) Ashe.

After Sarah takes him to her loft and he wakes up, Ashe does not believe he is dead so Sarah takes the kitchen knife and stabs him with it. Scared Ashe than runs away as in theatrical version.

Ashe's last name (Corven) is clearly revealed as he runs back to his garage after his resurrection. The garage reads "Corven's Body Shop".

When Ashe is going after Spidermonkey at the Trinity Drug Plant, he takes Spidermonkey's gun and says, "Don't try this at home, kids!", shoots himself in the head and falls on ground. Then as Spidermonkey approaches, Ashe gets up, scaring Spidermonkey.

When Ashe destroys the Trinity Drug Plant, some thugs come to pick a fight with him. Ashe tells one of them that if he (the thug) has a gun he should shoot him (Ashe). The thug hesitates, and Ashe takes his gun, scaring the thugs and forcing them to flee.

After killing Nemo, Ashe confronts Holly Daze, the stripper who was talking to Nemo at Live Girl building. Ashe grabs her and looks into her eyes. He tells her that she should value what's left of her soul and to never come back "here" again.

In original version, when Ashe builds Danny's grave he does not burn his painting.

Originally, there was more dialogue and love scenes between Ashe and Sarah.

In original version Kali's and Curve's deaths happened the other way around.

In the scene where Ashe is being shot by thugs at bar while Curve escapes, Ashe grabs the shotgun he took earlier when he killed Nemo and kills the thugs.

Ashe/Curve motorcycle chase scene was longer.

When Curve screams "You think I'm afraid of you?!" he pees his pants because he is afraid of Ashe.

When Ashe blows up Curve's motorcycle with his shotgun, Curve is on the ground with his crotch on fire. Glimpse of this scene is still visible in theatrical version when Curve hits the ground.

After dragging the injured Curve into the water, Ashe steals Curves gun and puts it into his coat. It's hard to see in theatrical version, but once Curve starts floating away his gun disappears from his pants.

The Twins and Kali shoot at Sarah's apartment door features then trash Sarah's apartment and destroy her paintings.

Theatrical version of fight scene between Kali and Ashe was part of the re-shoots by Miramax studio. Original fight scene between them was longer. Kali uses a 2x4 and a sword. When Kali tries to slice Ashe with her sword, Ashe dodges and breaks Kali's arm. Ashe was also 'psychotic' in this scene, especially as he recites the 'Shh...hush little baby..' dialogue.

When Kali is thrown out of the window, a shadow of a giant crow morphing into Ashe is visible showing that the Crow and Ashe are one.

Kali's death is different. She is still alive, though crippled and unable to move, cause her back were broken after being thrown out of the window, and she is seen crawling along the ground. Dialogue between her and Ashe was also deleted. Ashe comes out of nowhere and Kali begs him to kill her because she is in pain. Ashe refuses and smiles as he stands over her, telling her that he has already sent her to Hell. While he leaves, some thugs come and rape Kali to death.

Judah reveals his motivations in wanting the crow's power, he tells Sarah when he has captured her about himself falling in icy water, drowning and nearly dying when he was younger and visiting hell before he was revived, which he enjoyed, leading to his obsession with the occult and becoming the way that he is.

At the Day of the Dead festival, two more characters called Louis and Amede are shown.

When Ashe is climbing Judah's headquarters, The Twins follow him. One falls off the building and ends up decapitated.

When the ghost of Danny is at the Day of the Dead festival, instead of Danny saying to Ashe "If you give up now, we won't be together." He says instead, "It is time to go now," and Ashe refuses, saying he has to save Sarah. By doing so, he gives up his chance to return to Heaven, cursing himself to live on earth for eternity (since he is already dead and hence can't die). Danny disappears, Ashe looks for him in the crowd and turns a drunk guy around, believing it was Danny.

More dialogue between Ashe and Judah during their fight.

Ashe pulls out Curve's gun which he took from him earlier and unloads it into Judah's chest. It has no effect. Ashe tries to punch Judah, but Judah crushes his hand.

During the fight scene, Danny's painting falls from Ashes coat and Judah rips it up.

In original version, Sarah and Ashe talk to each other just before Sarah dies. Ashe says he stayed on earth for her. Sarah gives Ashe her ring and tells him that "If two people really love each other, nothing can keep them apart.. nothing." Ashe cries. Sarah tells him that she'll wait for him, "Forever if i have to."

Ashe destroys Sarah's apartment so that he does not remember her anymore.

Ending was very different than the one which was re-shot for theatrical version. Scene where Ashe carries dead Sarah to the church was longer. It also featured Ashe wearing Sarah's ring like Brandon Lee's character Eric did in the first movie. When he sits down, he is looking at Sarah's ring. The word "Forever" is inscribed inside of it. The priest from earlier in the film enters the church and, knowing that Ashe is walking dead, asks why he is "still here". Ashe replies that he has no where to go. Priest then asks Ashe, "What will you do now, my son?", slightly angered Ashe replies (since he is cursed to walk the earth for eternity) "There are already many shadows in this city.. one more won't make a difference."
jeff1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:34 PM   #2
justins5256

Do you really think this is even out there?
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 05:45 PM   #3
jeff1990
Frequent Poster

Anything is possible. There was someone who claimed to have had a VHS Tape of it. I e-mailed him with no luck. I'll keep looking. I heard a rumour yesterday that there exists a work print of The Thing (1982) which contains a bunch of deleted scenes and the alternate Kurt Russell lives ending.
jeff1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 01:34 PM   #4
sammohung
Frequent Poster

what's the email of the person you've emailed? may i ask
sammohung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 04:35 PM   #5
ForzaBot
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1990
Anything is possible. There was someone who claimed to have had a VHS Tape of it. I e-mailed him with no luck. I'll keep looking. I heard a rumour yesterday that there exists a work print of The Thing (1982) which contains a bunch of deleted scenes and the alternate Kurt Russell lives ending.
Neither truly exist and are long standing rumors. There's only one version of The Crow COA workprint that everyone has and there's no workprint of The Thing (well there is...but not available to the public), closest you will get is the alternate TV cut
ForzaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:38 PM   #6
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaBot
Neither truly exist and are long standing rumors. There's only one version of The Crow COA workprint that everyone has and there's no workprint of The Thing (well there is...but not available to the public), closest you will get is the alternate TV cut
Are you referring to the "Second Coming" fan composite?

Yeah, I wasn't going to reply, but since you mention it I'll bite. I've been collecting for a long time now and when it comes to the circulation of workprints there is the possible, slightly possible, and pretty much impossible. I would think the Crow COA fits in to the latter category. I know a lot of people have gone looking for this thing and have come up empty handed. It's not out there.

I mean, I'm sure it exists somewhere in a vault in some studio, but it's not circulating to the point where someone on this forum is going to have it.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:06 PM   #7
ChadMania
First Time Poster

Quote:
There was someone who claimed to have had a VHS Tape of it. I e-mailed him with no luck.
Could you please give me this email? And have you since made any progress in finding the workprint?
ChadMania is offline   Reply With Quote