Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Dharma & Greg links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Dharma & Greg Photo Gallery

Dharma & Greg - Season One

Buy Dharma & Greg - Season One on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Dharma & Greg

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-08-2004, 11:32 PM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Coming to WE (not FX) in Fall 2005

NEW YORK -- "Dharma & Greg" has found a right fit at WE: Women's Entertainment starting in fall 2005, when it may be among the most-aired sitcoms on television.

Already running multiple times a week on TV stations throughout the country, the 119 half-hours of "Dharma" will also be shown on WE -- which will be able to play it multiple times after 5 p.m. every day -- and the FX cable network, which will strip it in the early afternoon.

All of this sharing of "Dharma" began innocently enough. FX parent Fox Cable engineered a pre-buy of the laffer four years ago, when it was a successful show on ABC, ponying up more than $400,000 a half-hour and reserving the right to play it either on FX or Fox Family Channel.

But the show's ratings softened on ABC, causing the network to cancel it after the 2000-01 season. When "Dharma" premiered in syndication in fall 2002, the mass audience had lost interest in it; in 156 markets, the show managed only a 1.9 household rating and 5 share in the November 2002 sweeps, down by 5% from the same time period the year before.

"Dharma" has continued to decline in rerun syndication, managing only a 1.4 household rating in the May 2004 sweeps in 163 markets. Over the 2˝ years, the show's women 18-34 rating has slipped from a 1.2 to a 1.0; among women 18 to 49, the rating has dropped even more, from a 1.1 to a 0.9.

When Fox parent News Corp. sold Fox Family Channel to Disney three years ago, FX was stuck with a show that didn't fit its network profile. FX welcomed Twentieth TV's victory in getting WE to buy a shared window; WE's undisclosed license fee will get subtracted from the $400,000-an-episode FX deal.

WE bought "Dharma" as part of a contract for exclusive rerun rights to another Twentieth show, "Boston Public," also for four years. "Boston Public," a David E. Kelley-produced hourlong drama set in an urban high school, began on the Fox Network in October 2002 and collected 81 episodes during its three-year run; WE gets the show this fall.

Unlike many other rerun hours, Twentieth will not sell the series to TV stations for simultaneous play on the weekends.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 09:24 PM   #2
Moonlit_Suburb
Forum Regular

I don't think WE is available in my area, even on digital cable. I guess I could continue watching the show on my local Fox affiliate and FX when it starts on there...I just have a feeling the show will perform better and get better treatment on WE. :-/ Fox is (was?) considering DVD sets, but nothing official has been announced yet.
Moonlit_Suburb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:36 PM   #3
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

FX info:

DHARMA & GREG PREMIERE Mon 9/19 2p – 3p
DHARMA & GREG Timeslot Mon – Fri 2p – 3p

Jenna Elfman stars as a free-spirited Dharma Finkelstein, a yoga instructor and dog trainer. When she meets Greg Montgomery, a Harvard-educated US attorney, she falls in love. The feeling is mutual and before their first date is over, they are married –
much to the dismay of both their parents. The two are complete opposites, but are committed to eachother and their marriage, showing their dysfunctional parents what true love is about. Stars: Thomas Gibson, Shae D’Lyn, Jenna Elfman, Susan Sullivan, Alan Rachins, Joel Murray, Mimi Kennedy, Mitchell Ryan.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:48 PM   #4
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

WE info:

Premieres 9/26
Weekdays 4 & 4:30pm and 7 & 7:30pm
4 and 4:30 will be starting from season 3. 7 & 7:30pm will be starting from season one.

WE Fall Line-Up, effective 9/26
10:00AM Boston Public
11:00AM Movie
1:00PM Movie
3:00PM Originals
4:00PM Dharma & Greg
4:30PM Dharma & Greg
5:00PM Felicity
6:00PM Felicity
7:00PM Dharma & Greg
7:30PM Dharma & Greg
8:00PM Movie/Originals
10:00PM Movie/Originals
12:00AM Movie/Originals
Old 09-19-2005, 09:44 AM   #5
ImKukie
and with good reason
Frequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to ImKukie Send a message via MSN to ImKukie Send a message via Yahoo to ImKukie

By the sounds of this article the idea for D&G to DVD is not one that may be considered due to the declining interest in the show via the ratings...
I for one am glad its coming to WE - I'm going to Miss "2 guys & a Girl" which looks to have been replaced by D&G - Hopefully unlike my local fox station that was airing it (or was it WB?) they won't cut the tags early just to show their own station identification logo - what an annoyance that was....
Old 09-19-2005, 10:06 AM   #6
ImKukie
and with good reason
Frequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to ImKukie Send a message via MSN to ImKukie Send a message via Yahoo to ImKukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Suburb
I don't think WE is available in my area, even on digital cable.
Well you can always ditch the dig cable & go w/ Direct TV -
I have DTV w/ Tivo & it is less expencive than my Digital Cable was. Plus its got more channels I watch than my cable did. Not always a good thing. I can't tell ya how often I've filled up my TIVO w/ my fav shows while procrastinating transfering them to DVD
ImKukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:33 AM   #7
WhoStheBoss_Fan
I Love Jenna Elfman
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to WhoStheBoss_Fan Send a message via Yahoo to WhoStheBoss_Fan

i wish i had TIVO so i could record D&G, I wish it would get released on DVD already!
WhoStheBoss_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote