Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 6, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Amazon Gets Streaming Rights to Mad Men; Too Close for Comfort on Pluto TV
Fri-Yay: Streaming Services Remove Episodes of Sitcoms Due to Racial Jokes; The Kominsky Method Final Season Announced
Netflix Renews Never Have I Ever for Season 2; Comedy Central Reviving Beavis and Butt-Head
Remembering Comedy Legend Carl Reiner, MeTV and Decades to Air Tributes; HBO Orders Season 11 of Curb
Decades 3rd Annual Rod, White & Blue: A Twilight Zone Celebration; Love in the Time of Corona Announces Cast
BET Picks Up 2nd Season of Twenties; Vivica A. Fox Teams Up with Krista Allen, Jackée & More for More Wrong TV Movies

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June/July)

Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven

04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

View Poll Results: Did Roy Harrell see Brad Bishop in Italy?
Yes, it was Brad Bishop that Harrell encountered. 11 52.38%
No, it was someone else that Harrell has mistaken for Bishop. 10 47.62%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2020, 01:58 AM   #16
XCalibur
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
For a long time I was 100% convinced that his sighting was legitimate. Recently, I have conceded that while I still believe his story, it was likely a case of mistaken identity. I recently saw a photo on unsolved.com that is a doppelganger of my father's coworker and close to 100% of witnesses would finger him in a photo lineup. In fact, someone even commented that they saw the person in my hometown and reported it.

If I was in Italy and had someone yelling at me in a foreign language and running towards me in a confined space I would have probably taken off too. Given that Bishop was apparently a very smart man I would suspect he would have calmly said something like "no English" with an accompanying puzzled look.
If it was Bishop, he was likely caught completely off guard. I don't think its inconceivable he reacted that way out of surprise and shock.

Plus, this was the guy who murdered his whole family. He could very well have gone insane, maybe even committed suicide later, even if he didn't right away while he was still in the smokies.

I still say if Harrell is telling the truth, then It was him. Obviously its just speculation though we got no way to know for sure.
XCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:01 AM   #17
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Harrell wasn't the only person who alleged to have seen Bishop over in Italy. If this were just a homeless doppelganger for Bishop, who had been approached by others in the past asking if he was Bishop, I could see the surprised reaction from the man as a possibility.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:31 AM   #18
Mike82
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCalibur View Post
If it was Bishop, he was likely caught completely off guard. I don't think its inconceivable he reacted that way out of surprise and shock.
For someone who is allegedly as smart and psychopathic as him, I highly doubt it. I know a few people who are capable (emphasis on capable) of murdering their family without a moment of guilt and they all have one thing in common: they are all excellent communicators and expert manipulators: these are the kind of people who are able to stab someone in front of group of cops and convince them they are the victim. This is not the reaction of someone who is highly skilled and has had plenty of time to plan going into hiding because he would have known that eventually someone from his life would have recognized him and planned accordingly.

If he is not a cold blooded psychopath and just killed in a fit of rage, I have no doubt he would have committed suicide once he fully understood what he did and if he didn't he would not survive long as a 'zombie' in the desert. The older I get the more I suspect this is what happened. I was skeptical because no body was found but there are multiple cases where it took years to find it. The first case that comes to mind was Phillip Kramar: he literally called 911 telling them he was going to kill himself, was not far from the USA's second biggest city and it took over 4 YEARS for his body and vehicle to be found!
Mike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 02:48 PM   #19
brando316
Occasional Poster

From what I understand its not as much of a coincidence as it sounds. I don't remember where I read it but supposedly it was a place that both men had gone to several times for work so it's not so odd for Bishop to have moved there or for Harrell to have traveled there on a business trip. And also that Bishop has been spotted other places he traveled for work and was spotted by other former co workers.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:10 AM   #20
tsaun
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
I don't think he did. I still believe that Bishop committed suicide somewhere along the Appalachian Trial shortly after dumping his car.
Kinda unrelated but I think that's what happened to Robert William Fisher too.
tsaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:39 AM   #21
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaun View Post
Without a shadow of a doubt I think Fisher committed suicide and his body is yet to be uncovered in Tonto National Forest.

Bishop I'm not so sure about. Logically, suicide makes sense in the light of his mental health problems, and several people have disappeared from or in the Smokies without a trace. I wouldn't be particularly surprised if what's left of Bishop's remains are hidden beneath soil and layers of heavy underbrush, as Mike Riemer's were. Parts of the park are so steep and overgrown I am absolutely certain they haven't seen human footsteps in decades, if not a century. Sometimes I think his bones could be up there, just 40 minutes away from my house, and it kind of gives me the chills.

But Bishop's first attempt to hire a hit man, his perhaps pathological streak of competitiveness, his inclination toward Europe and ability to speak several of its languages give me pause and I just as well wouldn't be particularly surprised if he's buried in a pauper's grave somewhere in Italy, either.

I used to believe Harrell's account implicitly. I'm about 75% on it now. I'm not sure he made it up completely, but I wouldn't be shocked to learn that some of the details may have been remembered differently than what actually happened, or that they were flat-out embellished.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:53 PM   #22
ScaryFog
Frequent Poster

I don't think it was Brad Bishop. Roy just got too close to the guy, and he panicked and ran because of Coronavirus social distancing.
ScaryFog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:48 PM   #23
Imiss80stv
Frequent Poster

My gut says yes he did. Common sense tells me that if it wasn't him, the person would have just said "No, you have the wrong person", and wouldn't have seemed so panicked.
Only reason I can think of as to why he would lie about it would be to help him cover it up, and make the investigators think he was in Italy when he wasn't. However, I didn't get that vibe from the segment. I think he really saw him.
Imiss80stv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:58 PM   #24
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaun View Post
I agree with this.

With regards to Bishop, I'm not sure where he intended to go since he abandoned his car and took his dog with him. Had his car been found somewhere closer to "civilization", I think the odds that he took off would go up dramatically.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:08 AM   #25
spiraleyes
Frequent Poster

You can watch an updated 2016 interview with Roy on a special Crime Watch Daily did in 2016. I think he tells the same story. I'm not sure if it was Bishop or not but I think Roy is being honest about seeing someone he believed was Bishop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gTX...TrueCrimeDaily

I wish this family annihilator would get caught every time I see a picture of his wife and three sons. If he isn't dead yet, he will likely die under his new identity and the mystery will never be solved.
spiraleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:19 AM   #26
JC1957
Frequent Poster

Wasn't there a confirmed sighting of Bishop along with some unknown woman buying a pair of tennis shoes that were paid for with his credit card at a store in North Carolina?

If so, that would be extremely odd for a guy who would soon be committing suicide in the Smokies.
JC1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:38 AM   #27
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tighthead View Post
I'm kind of 60/40 in favour of he did see him, but the doubt side is him making it up. I realize my opinion could charitably be described as logically complicated. I don't think it was a case of mistaken identity.
Please explain the "logically complicated" part...
Old 04-01-2020, 02:40 AM   #28
Tighthead
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartpc27 View Post
Please explain the "logically complicated" part...
I think he saw him, or is making it up for the sake of attention. I don't think it is mistaken identity. Complicated may not be the best word - they are just polar opposite.
Tighthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:06 PM   #29
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86 View Post
I used to believe Harrell's account implicitly. I'm about 75% on it now. I'm not sure he made it up completely, but I wouldn't be shocked to learn that some of the details may have been remembered differently than what actually happened, or that they were flat-out embellished.
I may be repeating myself from the Bishop thread but I take the stance that anything Roy Harrell said should be taken with a grain of salt. Reading articles online, a few mentioned how investigators baited him into agreeing to outright lies regarding Bishop, felt like a real eye opener. I feel he got so caught up in the "celebrity" aspect of being the last one to see Bishop before the murders, that he reacted like you said; probably misremembering details or flat-out embellishing them.

I also have my doubts over Roy's statement in regards to Annette and Lobilia telling Bishop that he was "washed up" and "not going anywhere in his career," since every other account from people who knew the family would suggest they wouldn't DARE ever say that to his face.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:00 AM   #30
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88 View Post
I also have my doubts over Roy's statement in regards to Annette and Lobilia telling Bishop that he was "washed up" and "not going anywhere in his career," since every other account from people who knew the family would suggest they wouldn't DARE ever say that to his face.
I too found that odd that he recounted that in his UM interview, considering these guys were nothing more than casual work associates. I find it hard to believe that Bishop would have told Harrell these things, and I think it was simply Harrell trying to pseudo-analyze Bishop's motive for the murders.