Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #91
jailer25
First Time Poster

i grew up in the vandalia area at the time of this case and heard alot about it around town and on tv. after working in law enforcement for a few years i remembered this case and i am interested in learning more about it. i was wondering if anybody knows where i could find copies of the court tv and unsolved mysteries shows. i can never catch them on tv. thanks
jailer25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:53 AM   #92
Eric20005
First Time Poster

In my opinion, the right call was made. Stuart Heaton is guilty.

Many of you seem to be overlooking the DNA evidence. The new DNA results show that there is a 1 in 31 billion chance that the semen found on the victim doesn't belong to Stuart Heaton. That is very strong evidence against Stuart. This also catches him in a lie when he claims he didn't know Naab. Some of you have claimed that the semen could have been as old as 7 days, but I find it highly unlikely that she didn't shower some time in between then.

Then you add up all the other evidence. Heaton's vehicle was seen at the house at the time of the murder. Heaton did not have a solid alibi. Heaton had cuts on his hands that matched some of the cuts on Naab. A man saw the driver of the white truck leaving the murder scene, and he gave a physical description that matched Heaton. Two other people saw the white truck speeding away about 5 miles from Naab's house. Heaton had also changed clothes for some odd reason. This is very compelling circumstantial evidence.

Now, there have been posts in this thread which reveal new evidence against Heaton. One poster has claimed there is DNA evidence that proves Naab was pregnant with Heaton's child. Another poster has claimed there is evidence that the murderer took a shower at Naab's house. And another poster has claimed that two other girls came forward at Heaton's trial claiming they were sexually assaulted by Heaton.

This is all substantial evidence that shows Heaton is guilty. I don't understand why some people are questioning the verdict. This is a pretty clear-cut case. Stuart Heaton is guilty.
Eric20005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:42 AM   #93
synthisislab
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric20005
In my opinion, the right call was made. Stuart Heaton is guilty.

Many of you seem to be overlooking the DNA evidence. The new DNA results show that there is a 1 in 31 billion chance that the semen found on the victim doesn't belong to Stuart Heaton. That is very strong evidence against Stuart. This also catches him in a lie when he claims he didn't know Naab. Some of you have claimed that the semen could have been as old as 7 days, but I find it highly unlikely that she didn't shower some time in between then.

Then you add up all the other evidence. Heaton's vehicle was seen at the house at the time of the murder. Heaton did not have a solid alibi. Heaton had cuts on his hands that matched some of the cuts on Naab. A man saw the driver of the white truck leaving the murder scene, and he gave a physical description that matched Heaton. Two other people saw the white truck speeding away about 5 miles from Naab's house. Heaton had also changed clothes for some odd reason. This is very compelling circumstantial evidence.

Now, there have been posts in this thread which reveal new evidence against Heaton. One poster has claimed there is DNA evidence that proves Naab was pregnant with Heaton's child. Another poster has claimed there is evidence that the murderer took a shower at Naab's house. And another poster has claimed that two other girls came forward at Heaton's trial claiming they were sexually assaulted by Heaton.

This is all substantial evidence that shows Heaton is guilty. I don't understand why some people are questioning the verdict. This is a pretty clear-cut case. Stuart Heaton is guilty.
Yes, I believe the DNA evidence is the clincher. How did dude's semen get on the dead body if he claims that he never met her. Couple that with the circumstancial evidence and he is guilty as hell. He is right where he belongs.
synthisislab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:56 PM   #94
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthisislab
Yes, I believe the DNA evidence is the clincher. How did dude's semen get on the dead body if he claims that he never met her. Couple that with the circumstancial evidence and he is guilty as hell. He is right where he belongs.
Yep, I concur. One of the few "Final Appeal" stories that was a no-brainer.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:31 AM   #95
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thracian
I had my doubts about this episode. There was something about Heaton I didn't quite like, but I couldn't spot the band they were talking about either. However, this new DNA evidence seems pretty conclusive to me.
Yeah, I thought based on the Unsolved Mysteries segment there was reasonable doubt, but unless disproven this looks quite bad. Maybe they caught the right man after all.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 03:58 PM   #96
sutraquio
Occasional Poster

[/B]Hi everybody.I saw an episode of this case on Court TV on 7/3/08.There seems to be a problem now about the accuracy of the reading of the DNA results.It was said also that the results were "inconclusive".They people from Cort TV are doing a private investigation also.I feel that there is something wrong with the way this case was handled.Also,yesterday Court TV showed their investigators visited the trailer of someone named "Harre"(?).The guy in the trailer talked to them from inside,with the door closed,and told them that the guy they were looking for(Harre) would not be off work until 5 P.M. Then he changed his mind and told them that he was the one they were looking for(Harre).Actually,they wanted to talk to him because he owned a truck which looked identical to Wheaton's and it was Harre's truck instead of Wheaton's that had been seen at Krystal's house.You al can let me know where or if I need to be up-dated.Thanks.
sutraquio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:00 PM   #97
sutraquio
Occasional Poster

[/B]Pardon so many mistakes.I am new at this.Thanks.
sutraquio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:12 PM   #98
Screamm
First Time Poster

Default Stuart Heaton

I just watched a show called "the investigators" on A&E about Stuart Heaton and I have to say that I can not say that I believe he is guilty. I get they found the DNA but like someone said that could of been there for 7 days. It also mentioned that the doctor that did the testing wouldn't talk to them, why not if he was so sure of it. They did talk to another doctor who said that it should of been inconclusive. This man had never committed a crime before in his life but the other man Ron Harre who they NEVER even questioned had. He was an informant for the police (coincidence I don't think so). His wife spoke of times where he threatened her with scissors and a gun. I would like to read more information on this story if someone knows where I can go.
Screamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:45 PM   #99
Justicefirst
Occasional Poster

Default Lots of questions equal Acquittal

Acquittal is really the only thing these jurors could have chose!!

That doesn't mean innocent, that is a very big concept that is often missed in this Justice system. If there is reasonable doubt you can't convict someone. So many people in this world and on this thread are so ready to convict, to point the finger, to find guilty. This is nothing new!!! For all of those who felt that Stuart should have been convicted PLEASE watch the movie "Twelve Angry Men" with Peter Fonda. It may very well change the way you feel. Don't get me wrong I would have no problem voting for a conviction even on circumstantial evidence if it is compelling enough. But in this case I'm sorry too many questions for example;

1. Motive? Any motive offered in this thread is strictly supposition and conjecture. The prosecution offered really no motive for Stuart.
2. The only real evidence was the DNA which was considered by an expert and colleague of the Doctor who did the evaluation as inconclusive at best and most probably exculpatory. Let's assume the dried semen was Stuarts, that only proves he had sex with her since the last time she bathed it doesn't prove he stabbed her 81 times. It would prove he was an adulterer, a liar, and a cad but it doesn't prove he is a murderer. More on the retest later.
3. The arresting officer testified on TV that he saw no cut or scratch marks on Stuarts hands or face while he was handcuffing him and was directed to look for those things when arresting the suspect. Hmmmm Then when he brought it up with his superior he was stonewalled with the words, we got our guy!!!
4. There were at least 4 eye-witnesses that put Stuart miles away as late in the day as 12:30 with his truck. The white truck was seen at the crime scene from 10:00 am till 2:00 pm. How could Stuart be in two places at once.
5. There was another suspect that had been seen with Chystal within 24 hours and also had been driving an exact same kind of truck as Stuarts and was linked to Chrystal and her brother. The police decided not to investigate that lead because the D.A. said the other suspects truck had a crack in the windshield. They never allowed the eye-witnesses that saw the truck see a picture of both trucks. They assumed that they would have remembered every little detail of the truck. Give me a break, would you? Do you study every detail of every vehicle you see? Coincidentally that truck was immediately sold to a junk yard and scrapped. Hmmm

6. This other suspect was not investigated although many in the community pointed the finger his way including his ex-wife who said he had came at her with scissors. He drove the exact same kind of truck, he was seen with the victim the day before, he had a history of violence including sex crimes and stabbing someone. He was also an informant for the Police. Hmmmm The plot thickens. Could this be the reason this guy wasn't investigated? Could this be why there were so many missing reports as confessed by the DA? Could this be why the arresting officer stated he felt that Stuart was being "railroaded"? Could this other suspect have the goods on someone in law enforcement? Could he have said " If I'm going down your going down"? Could this be a motive for someone in law enforcement to plant more of Sturats DNA for the retest? Wouldn't be the first time!!!!

7. Stuart was gainfully employed, regularly attended church did not have any criminal record, had a pregnant wife. There was not one speck of evidence that he was in the house. The semen could have been placed in her pubic hair at a different location. It is bizarre that not one hair or blood or skin or anything actually puts him at the scene of the crime. Conversely there are eye-witnesses who talked to him miles away at the time of the crime.

I'm not asserting that Stuart is 100% innocent but with all of these questions and more I just can't fit in this reply but with all of these question it is shocking to me that the jury came back with ta conviction but Stuart wouldn't be the first. It is the mentality of our society. Kill them all and let God sort it out. Watch "Twelve Angry men" and "Runaway Jury" and if you are ever on a Jury don't be persuaded, consoled, or bullied. Take the time to go over all of the evidence sort it out. NEVER blindly believe Prosecutors or defense attorney's. They will both lie and cheat to get what they want.

I personally feel the defense attorney for Stuart in this case should be disbarred and spend some time in prison, the only reason I can see that Stuart didn't fire this person is was confident the Justice system would work and he win and he was extremely naive.
Justicefirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #100
everybodylovesrs
Forum Regular

I just saw it and the last part (obviously recorded during Stack's later years) said UPDATE and that there was new evidence and they would provide an update when it was available. Obviously he died and the show stopped production...and I'm sure it would be too much for the new people in charge to do a feature on it again.
everybodylovesrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:55 PM   #101
Obi Wan
Frequent Poster

I checked the prison inmate search and found he is still in prison. Life sentence with no parole is the status. I would post his picture and info but do no know if that is allowed here. So if there was/is any update it is not in his favor it seems.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:24 AM   #102
samuke
Occasional Poster

Despite popular belief, DNA evidence is not as accurate as people might assume. The 99.9% people often cite is actually just an estimate and no one is actually sure how accurate it might be. While every person's DNA is different, a DNA profile, the bit used as evidence, is only a small sliver of a person's entire DNA, and even siblings may share a very similar DNA profile. In 2001 Kathryn Troyer ran a test of Arizona's DNA database of felons and discovered two felons with DNA profiles where 9 of 13 markers were identical, despite the fact that one was white and one was black, and later discovered dozens of other similar matches, yet the FBI estimates the odds of some one sharing those genetic markers to be 1 in 113 billion. The fact that only 13 markers are used out of the entire DNA strain should bring into question the validity of DNA evidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by everybodylovesrs
I just saw it and the last part (obviously recorded during Stack's later years) said UPDATE and that there was new evidence and they would provide an update when it was available. Obviously he died and the show stopped production...and I'm sure it would be too much for the new people in charge to do a feature on it again.
Actually they started making the show again last year with Dennis Farina as the host (hence the picture at the top here) though mostly it's just re-broadcasts of old stories with Dennis doing the narration...
samuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:20 AM   #103
notwhatuthink
Occasional Poster

mr heaton is innocent.................. perid 2 weeks after them 2 cops interviewd the arresting officer he and hes wife was killed .a double homiside.and if you watch the man whos name was brough up when they went to talk to him in hes trailor...the first 10 seconds of hes body lingo give him away (he did kill that poor 16 year old girl...(not stuart heaton)..the forensic guy who give evidence in the trail must of been smoking crack he didnt no what he was talking about..mr heaton will die in jail .because the man who did it was a drug police informent...it was all a cover up...so all you ppl who see this .you can all think what you want .mr heaton is inocentttttttttttt period ...shame for hes family hes lost hes life not to mention the poor girl what that veitnam fruitcake old bastard pedofile killed........the cops who was involved in the case should be behind the bars not mr heaton..
notwhatuthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:26 AM   #104
notwhatuthink
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fuji
Stuart Heaton is guilty. I'd bet my life on it.
mr fuji your a ****ing idiot .you got no life to bet....how can you bet your life on it?was you there when that ratt ex veitnam vet killed her.not mr heaton.i mean that drug dealer who was a informant for the copson the case.to tell you the truth your a ****ing mutt
Old 02-26-2009, 10:30 AM   #105
notwhatuthink
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justicefirst
Acquittal is really the only thing these jurors could have chose!!

That doesn't mean innocent, that is a very big concept that is often missed in this Justice system. If there is reasonable doubt you can't convict someone. So many people in this world and on this thread are so ready to convict, to point the finger, to find guilty. This is nothing new!!! For all of those who felt that Stuart should have been convicted PLEASE watch the movie "Twelve Angry Men" with Peter Fonda. It may very well change the way you feel. Don't get me wrong I would have no problem voting for a conviction even on circumstantial evidence if it is compelling enough. But in this case I'm sorry too many questions for example;

1. Motive? Any motive offered in this thread is strictly supposition and conjecture. The prosecution offered really no motive for Stuart.
2. The only real evidence was the DNA which was considered by an expert and colleague of the Doctor who did the evaluation as inconclusive at best and most probably exculpatory. Let's assume the dried semen was Stuarts, that only proves he had sex with her since the last time she bathed it doesn't prove he stabbed her 81 times. It would prove he was an adulterer, a liar, and a cad but it doesn't prove he is a murderer. More on the retest later.
3. The arresting officer testified on TV that he saw no cut or scratch marks on Stuarts hands or face while he was handcuffing him and was directed to look for those things when arresting the suspect. Hmmmm Then when he brought it up with his superior he was stonewalled with the words, we got our guy!!!
4. There were at least 4 eye-witnesses that put Stuart miles away as late in the day as 12:30 with his truck. The white truck was seen at the crime scene from 10:00 am till 2:00 pm. How could Stuart be in two places at once.
5. There was another suspect that had been seen with Chystal within 24 hours and also had been driving an exact same kind of truck as Stuarts and was linked to Chrystal and her brother. The police decided not to investigate that lead because the D.A. said the other suspects truck had a crack in the windshield. They never allowed the eye-witnesses that saw the truck see a picture of both trucks. They assumed that they would have remembered every little detail of the truck. Give me a break, would you? Do you study every detail of every vehicle you see? Coincidentally that truck was immediately sold to a junk yard and scrapped. Hmmm

6. This other suspect was not investigated although many in the community pointed the finger his way including his ex-wife who said he had came at her with scissors. He drove the exact same kind of truck, he was seen with the victim the day before, he had a history of violence including sex crimes and stabbing someone. He was also an informant for the Police. Hmmmm The plot thickens. Could this be the reason this guy wasn't investigated? Could this be why there were so many missing reports as confessed by the DA? Could this be why the arresting officer stated he felt that Stuart was being "railroaded"? Could this other suspect have the goods on someone in law enforcement? Could he have said " If I'm going down your going down"? Could this be a motive for someone in law enforcement to plant more of Sturats DNA for the retest? Wouldn't be the first time!!!!

7. Stuart was gainfully employed, regularly attended church did not have any criminal record, had a pregnant wife. There was not one speck of evidence that he was in the house. The semen could have been placed in her pubic hair at a different location. It is bizarre that not one hair or blood or skin or anything actually puts him at the scene of the crime. Conversely there are eye-witnesses who talked to him miles away at the time of the crime.

I'm not asserting that Stuart is 100% innocent but with all of these questions and more I just can't fit in this reply but with all of these question it is shocking to me that the jury came back with ta conviction but Stuart wouldn't be the first. It is the mentality of our society. Kill them all and let God sort it out. Watch "Twelve Angry men" and "Runaway Jury" and if you are ever on a Jury don't be persuaded, consoled, or bullied. Take the time to go over all of the evidence sort it out. NEVER blindly believe Prosecutors or defense attorney's. They will both lie and cheat to get what they want.

I personally feel the defense attorney for Stuart in this case should be disbarred and spend some time in prison, the only reason I can see that Stuart didn't fire this person is was confident the Justice system would work and he win and he was extremely naive.
mr heaton is inocent period.the guy who they got told done it them 2 out of town ex cops asked him qs...within 10 secs i read hes body lingo hes guilty as oj is.....rememmber john gacy? when the cops went to hes home asking qs? he started just like that old fart acting and telling them hes a good person to the community..........mr heaton did not kill that poor girl.but hes going to die in jail because of corrupt cops ...bastards