Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: NBC Developing Serendipity Series; Designing Women Making Streaming Media Debut
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: ABC; Antenna TV Acquires The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Who's the Boss? and More
Dancing with the Stars Cast for Season 28; Lilly Singh Gets NBC Primetime Special
Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-16-2007, 07:02 PM   #61
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObxBeachStar
i'm sorry. i have a very high iq and i sometimes forget that i need to make it easier on the simple minded to read my writings.

i will be more considerate in the future. i hope this is easier for you to read.
Excellent post...

Thanks genxergrrrl for the information. I initially thought he was innocent because I found him pretty believable on the segment. Then I was on the fence but in my own mind I"m starting to believe he is guilty. It would be very unlikely for both dna tests to be tainted. Very interesting about the baby's dna. If he was the father it would definitely give him a motive for murder in my opinion.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:49 PM   #62
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Hmm, yes, that is interesting about Heaton being implied to be the father, also interesting on him making threats to his pro bono attorneys. After just recently reviewing all the info, Heaton is probably guilty, I mean if he wanted to explain away his DNA he could, but if that kid was his, that would give him the perfect motive to not only murder Krystal Knabb but do it in such a cruel manner.

It was overkill big time, so whether it was Heaton or someone else, the killing was very personal, it would have to be for someone to stab someone else with a pair of scissors over 80 times, huge overkill, she was probably dead after a handful of stab wounds, this is just a theory but still, he probably went over there, to talk to her and try to get her into having an abortion or something and when she wouldnt do it he freaked out and murdered her.

I thought he was innocent until I found out about all of this stuff, not just the odds on the new DNA test, but about him being a Sunday school teacher and having a wife and children, he had at least one child with his wife right?

Yet at the same time, he apperantly was having an affair with a 16 year old girl that had problems and was into drugs, and he apperantly knocked her up and he didnt want anything spoiling that pretty picture of him being the All American, church going, hard working family man and Krystal Knabb certainly could have ended all that for him, a couple of theories I was thinking about today, are, like I said, Heaton went over there, without planning to kill her, but something happened, he either asked her to get an abortion and she refused, or she asked him for drug money and when he wouldnt give it to her she threatened to go public with their affair and her pregnancy so he killed her.

I am not sure he should have been convicted of first degree murder, since I am not sure it was pre meditated, but when this altercation happened, he intended to kill her, he should have been convicted of 2nd degree murder, if it was Heaton that was the killer, it would explain why he was so comfortable in the house as to actually take a shower after he did the murder, afterall, he would have been familiar with the Knabb household, he would have known when people were there and werent there, and he probably figured that if he parked right outside, that no one would think of it as unusual since he had been seen there before.

However the cuts on his hands, I do not think that in itself makes him a murderer, carpenters often have cuts on their hands, but of course Torso finder goes nuts with the stupid scissor cutting thing every chance he gets. I mean if you think the guy did it fine, I am not necessarily disagreeing with that, but you seem obsessed with Stuart Heaton and the scissors, it is just odd, kind of like AKook with Bill Wacker or Thinman with Dr. MacDonald.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:43 PM   #63
ClevelandTorsoFiend
Frequent Poster

kadrmas15, fair enough. Just remember I had the impression he was guilty after seeing the segment the first time in a friends basement one lazy day, and it took you convincing from much information brought forth from different people. Dont act like it was the scissor wounds alone that I found incriminating. Its lovely that you suggested I might of been Krystals murderer...real mature.

And....Obxbeachstar, all I can say is sorry for questioning your intellect. I guess I was thinking people with higher IQs naturally use punctuation, even if its just a message board. Guess im wrong. And yeah, it is real unfortuate what happened to Krystal. Its also no big secret that drugs have some kind of involvement in most murder cases.

Its good you posted here because it helps make up peoples minds who cant decide for theirself that Heaton is probobly guilty and incriminates himself in interviews, much like the WM3(just an example). Alot of people just can't figure out what impression they are getting when an accused person is lying to their face (the camera).
ClevelandTorsoFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:17 PM   #64
kadrmas15

Well, Torso finder, I do not feel you are in any position to judge whether or not someone is mature. Also, I was not seriously saying that you killed Krystal Knabb, it was just you seemed to say because he had cuts on his hands he must be a murderer, so I said that if that were true, than since you said you cut your hands with a pair of scissors once I said you must be a murderer too. However I apperantly misunderstood the point you were trying to make and I apologize.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:58 PM   #65
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
...but you seem obsessed with Stuart Heaton and the scissors, it is just odd, kind of like AKook with Bill Wacker or Thinman with Dr. MacDonald.
...or LooksLikeCRicci and Dislimb with Paul Pollis?

Ahh, humor, you are my friend...
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:37 PM   #66
kadrmas15

Haha funny, CRicci. Although I might have got confused with who was obsessed with Dr. MacDonald, was that Thinman or was it Hyetev? I cant remember which one it was, but it seems we all have our own little obsessions with one person or another on here.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:35 PM   #67
ObxBeachStar
Occasional Poster

if i was writing a novel then yes i would use the correct punctuations. however this is merely a message board. i didnt realize anyone would seriously be so anal rententive as to be so bothered by others not using the correct punctuations. and looking at your post i see an "im" and quite a few "its" without the proper punctuations. so by your own logic you must not have a very high iq. once again i'm sorry.

also thank you genxergrrrl for your input. i had no idea about the babys dna being tested. i also was unaware that he had a child/children with his wife.

as i said before my ex husband was a carpenter and he came home with cuts on his hands all the time. so that alone is not a reason to convict him. it's that along with all the other evidence that makes him guilty.

Last edited by ObxBeachStar; 08-16-2007 at 11:55 PM.
ObxBeachStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:37 AM   #68
ClevelandTorsoFiend
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObxBeachStar
if i was writing a novel then yes i would use the correct punctuations. however this is merely a message board. i didnt realize anyone would seriously be so anal rententive as to be so bothered by others not using the correct punctuations. and looking at your post i see an "im" and quite a few "its" without the proper punctuations. so by your own logic you must not have a very high iq. once again i'm sorry.

also thank you genxergrrrl for your input. i had no idea about the babys dna being tested. i also was unaware that he had a child/children with his wife.

as i said before my ex husband was a carpenter and he came home with cuts on his hands all the time. so that alone is not a reason to convict him. it's that along with all the other evidence that makes him guilty.
I want to see the police photos of his hands again just to refresh my memory, and get a better visual picture. I think alot of people need to do that, especially if they havent seen it at all. Skipping out on some punctuation=ok, big lump of text with giant run on sentences-ridiculous.

The whole thing isn't even a big deal, its just something I felt the need to comment on for some reason. Apparently people here don't catch on to the tl/dr humor or dont know its significance in the history of trollism. Ohhh, ohhhh sorry.

Lets keep playing the sorry game, its about as fun as the accuse ClevelandTorsoFiend of murdering Stuart Heaton victims game. I got flamed alot so you can't blame me for addressing some comments back to certain posters. I was just trying to...not be some forum lurker.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:01 AM   #69
crystaldawn

Personally I don't think the cuts on his hand were the main factor in determing his guilt. I can see it both ways. I'm sure carpenters cut up their hands on a regular basis. However when you're driving the same type of vehicle last seen at a place where a woman was viciously stabbed, it certainly doesn't look good that you have cuts all over your hands. Does anyone know if Heaton had any other wounds on him, for example scratches anywhere on him from Krystal fighting off an attack? You would think he would unless he attacked her from behind and she didn't get a chance to try and fight him off. Just curious. We only know what UM chooses to tell us so there could have been more evidence against Heaton than we are aware of.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 05:23 AM   #70
ClevelandTorsoFiend
Frequent Poster

I have a brother in law who is a carpenter by trade and from my personal experience I have never seen his hands cut up to that bad of an extent. He may of had some knicks or what-not on his hands at times but that is actually common in alot of lines of work.

It is true that it would not be the same case for every carpenter, but having that many slices looks like you've been having a hard time or there was a little accident on the job. Its not like you continuosly slip and slice your hand on a knife or blade all the time, as in the place of the carpenter im speaking.

There is also the option of gloves that would be typically used for certain things but this may not of been the case with Heaton. He never appeared to be one to wear gloves.

Yeah, anyways you're right crystraldawn. I dont think the cuts on his hands were the main factor of determing his guilt either. That seemed to rest more on the DNA, and of course other factors (vehicle model). His hands were not neccesarily a main factor in this case, but it is important as it is made available with the photographs the police took when he was taken into custody. It's just more or less something I found pretty interesting.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:53 PM   #71
kadrmas15

Actually, I personally feel in my opinion, that neither the cuts, nor the truck played a real strong part in Heaton's conviction, they might have been just things that contributed, but he would have been acquitted if that was all they had. Rather, the jury being wowed by the DNA was what did it. Also Toros finder, I really wish you would end your obsession with Stuart Heaton and the cuts on his hands, just because your relative is a carpenter and didnt happen to have the same cuts doesnt mean that Heaton was lying about where they came from. Also Heaton didnt have a ton of slices, he had like three cuts from what I can see, three or four at the most, so it wasnt like his hands were completely cut up and covered with slices.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:20 AM   #72
ClevelandTorsoFiend
Frequent Poster

I already explained how significant the cuts really were. Although, I think they were worse then you remember from the pictures.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:31 AM   #73
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

I always thought he was guilty, just the way he came across. Also, the only person who was on his side was his mother, and I'm sorry but for almost every guilty person, the only person who won't believe they are guilty is their mother. I feel bad for the girl and the family, and it's a very strange story.
hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:29 PM   #74
kadrmas15

Well, his mom was the only one that spoke on camera, and yes while it is true that a person's mother most of the time would think their child was innocent, a victim's mom would also probably be just as quick to believe that someone accused of murdering their daughter actually did it too, so I am not sure what point you were trying to make. I believe Heaton's wife and most of his friends didnt believe he did it either, it is like this in most cases, so I am not sure what point you are trying to make based on who would or wouldnt think Heaton did this, it doesnt make him any more or less guilty.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:34 AM   #75
ClevelandTorsoFiend
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
Well, his mom was the only one that spoke on camera, and yes while it is true that a person's mother most of the time would think their child was innocent, a victim's mom would also probably be just as quick to believe that someone accused of murdering their daughter actually did it too, so I am not sure what point you were trying to make. I believe Heaton's wife and most of his friends didnt believe he did it either, it is like this in most cases, so I am not sure what point you are trying to make based on who would or wouldnt think Heaton did this, it doesnt make him any more or less guilty.
I think he's just sharing his perceptions about things. It doesn't make him prove anything more or anything less. Are you saying you never have gut feelings about stuff, and that it holds no bearing? It's not enough to prosecute anyone, and in this case it didn't have to.