Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: ABC; Antenna TV Acquires The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Who's the Boss? and More
Dancing with the Stars Cast for Season 28; Lilly Singh Gets NBC Primetime Special
Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-26-2010, 01:56 PM   #46
huntincutie92
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostapler
Was his car cleaner than normal when found?
If I remember correctly, the car was found cleaner than usual all that was found in his car was his wallet and his keys which were under his seat.
huntincutie92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:48 PM   #47
Oldschooler81
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntincutie92
The family does not believe the sighting of AJ seeing frozen fish was really him at least my mother, his niece, an I suspect foul play.
Thanks for replying. Yeah, I agree she probably wanted to believe it was AJ (I know I'd feel the same way if I was in her place) just out of the goodness of her heart of wanting to help out, but it was probably just a guy that happened to look kinda similar.

If his car was found even cleaner than usual, that's a sign someone else was either driving it or was trying to get rid of evidence, which sadly points to foul play, imo. I bet it all comes back to the guys who seem to have kidnappened him a couple days later.

Have you ever seen the old segment from the early 90s? Just curious because I wondered if there was anything they might've left out. He seemed like one of the nicest guys in the world, which makes this case even sadder. I really feel for you guys (heck, it's sad to me just seeing it on tv, I can only imagine how it is to his family) - I hope he's found someday or at least you know what happened to him.
Oldschooler81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:45 PM   #48
Mastermind

Quote:
If his car was found even cleaner than usual, that's a sign someone else was either driving it or was trying to get rid of evidence, which sadly points to foul play, imo. I bet it all comes back to the guys who seem to have kidnappened him a couple days later.

It's possible it could be the other way around..AJ could be the assailant and someone else could have been the victim in he car.

Maybe we are looking at this case from the wrong angle. Maybe AJ committed a crime and is on the lam.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:29 PM   #49
Oldschooler81
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
It's possible it could be the other way around..AJ could be the assailant and someone else could have been the victim in he car.

Maybe we are looking at this case from the wrong angle. Maybe AJ committed a crime and is on the lam.
Given what we know about AJ, I totally doubt that. The only crime he ever committed that we know of was the DUI when he was younger, and even that was something he seemed to be long done with by 1991 (like how he was helping other people in similar situations). What motive would he have had - and even if he did I'm sure he wouldn't have left his wallet and checkbook in the car.

I personally think both men who saw him in the red car were legit sightings, especially since they were his friends. The older one who was at his mailbox when they drove by was probably a longtime friend; and the younger guy Ken said he'd known AJ since he'd been a kid....so I figure they'd both recognize him easier.

The most heartbreaking thing would be if that WAS him and he could've had the chance to get rescued, and still ended up dying later.
Oldschooler81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:13 AM   #50
Apostapler
Forum Regular

Quote:

But what crime would that be? Is there another missing person? An unsolved murder? Money missing from his place of work? It would take a big crime to make a person want to disappear completely and never contact his family. Doesn't fit the profile of AJ IMO.
Apostapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:30 AM   #51
Mastermind

Quote:
But what crime would that be?
1. May be just a simple crime of passion. AJ may have fell off the wagon and killed someone in rage.

2. Killing someone would be a good way to get out of debt. Perhaps AJ murdered someone he owed. AJ may have never even planned it.

Quote:
It would take a big crime to make a person want to disappear completely and never contact his family.
I agree. Debt, fraud, shame and murder are all serious enough reasons to lame it.

Quote:
Doesn't fit the profile of AJ IMO
Part of AJ's profile involves him being a recovering alcoholic. Inebriation doesn't lead to the best of contacts or the best of actions.

Quote:
Given what we know about AJ, I totally doubt that. The only crime he ever committed that we know of was the DUI when he was younger, and even that was something he seemed to be long done with by 1991 (like how he was helping other people in similar situations).
1. Helping people in similar situations also leads him in contact with individuals who may have records and dubious activities.

2. It' what we don;t know about AJ that bothers me.

Quote:
The most heartbreaking thing would be if that WAS him and he could've had the chance to get rescued, and still ended up dying later.
Maybe not. AJ may have been a prisoner on a long leash.

Quote:
Is there another missing person?
That's an interesting question. Whether there is another missing person in the area.

If AJ was murdered, his murderer might be a "missing person" on the lam.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #52
mattc
Forum Regular

Quote:

I'm all for leaving no stone unturned, but this seems way out there, imo.

If the UM segment is accurate, which it appears to be since news articles tell the same facts, I don't feel the facts of his last movements indicate a guy on the run: The check and wallet in his car, the credible sightings of him seeming disheveled and watched/accompanied by two men, etc. If he had committed a crime, why would he remain in the small area for the next several days versus getting the hell out of there as fast as possible.

Mastermind, I thought your other idea was much more credible: that he had another life that his family didn't know of, such as gambling or perhaps even drugs, and that it caught up with him.

It would be so interesting to actually be able to find out what happened to him. I still wonder if his car was found on route to his house from the convenient store, or if he went somewhere intentionally before heading home.
mattc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:05 PM   #53
Apostapler
Forum Regular

I don't have AJ's segment handy right now, someone help me out with the text of that anonymous note that was sent about "self inflicted gunshot wound". I want to ponder that a bit. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:13 AM   #54
brianh333
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostapler
I don't have AJ's segment handy right now, someone help me out with the text of that anonymous note that was sent about "self inflicted gunshot wound". I want to ponder that a bit. Thanks in advance.

AJ Breaux... he was drunk at the time... self-inflicted gunshot wound... stomach... drawstring cotton sack... put in by friend... rolled over steep grassy bayou bank... near dam.. {signed** Helene
The above post was about unsolved mysteries. Whenever possible, the actual author (not a police official) has participated in re-creating the events. What you just got done reading was NOT a news broadcast.
brianh333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:30 AM   #55
Apostapler
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianh333
AJ Breaux... he was drunk at the time... self-inflicted gunshot wound... stomach... drawstring cotton sack... put in by friend... rolled over steep grassy bayou bank... near dam.. {signed** Helene
Thank you. I wanted to mull it over to see if there was a way it could be interepreted as AJ doing the clean up of someone else, but it doesn't jive that way with me.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:55 AM   #56
Mastermind

Quote:
I'm all for leaving no stone unturned, but this seems way out there, imo.

If the UM segment is accurate, which it appears to be since news articles tell the same facts, I don't feel the facts of his last movements indicate a guy on the run: The check and wallet in his car, the credible sightings of him seeming disheveled and watched/accompanied by two men, etc. If he had committed a crime, why would he remain in the small area for the next several days versus getting the hell out of there as fast as possible.
Not everyone that goes on the lam does so immediately. There have been several cases were suspects have waited weeks after committing the crime to become fugitives.

1. AJ Breaux would have a lot to think about before lamming it. Least of which is whether to abandon his family. That had to be a difficult decision that would take some time and a lot of back and forth.

2. If your going to lam it, your going to need to be prepared. Especially since you might be leaving permanently. AJ may have been staying around to get cash, a car, a place to hide. He may have been looking to get the assistance of some of his buddies.

3. If AJ was drunk, it might not have realized what occurred until much later. He may only recently put two and two together and realized that he committed a crime.

4. AJ may not have been alone if he committed murder. There may have been other people that had something to say about it. Those people may been what preveneted AJ from departing right away.

5. AJ may have had to delay his departure because he had to do something very important----such as disposing of the body and cleaning up the crime scene.

Quote:
but this seems way out there, imo
My theory stems from the concept that AJ went on the lame to avoid getting arrested.

Giving AJ's alcoholic past....it's not that big a stretch that AJ might have killed someone out of passion.

The only thing missing of course is that victim's body and a crime scene.

Perhaps AJ was drunk driving and killed a pedestrian.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:35 AM   #57
lotjx
Occasional Poster

Its grasping at straws time if we go into thinking AJ is now the murder instead of the victim. I haven't this in awhile, so if someone could answer the following questions I apperiacte.

1. Do we know that the police took that note seriously or not?

2. What is the time frame and distance between the clerk seeing him leave to the "abduction" and "phone booth" incidents?

3. What did AJ do for a living, hobbies and so on minus AA?

As for the family and friends who posted here, let me again apologize for the wild speculation with no real facts to back up the theories being thrown around. Please understand, people seem to spitball ideas even if they are off the wall. A lot of junior detectives in here with a game of the wilder the theory the more real it seems. I would appericate if the family and friends could answer the questions, thanks.
lotjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #58
brianh333
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotjx
Its grasping at straws time if we go into thinking AJ is now the murder instead of the victim.
brianh333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #59
Apostapler
Forum Regular

Quote:
Its grasping at straws time if we go into thinking AJ is now the murder instead of the victim. I haven't this in awhile, so if someone could answer the following questions I apperiacte.

1. Do we know that the police took that note seriously or not?
I believe so, if I recall correctly they searched the area near the dam which was close to where his car was found.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:11 PM   #60
Gelatinous Goo
Frequent Poster

Quote:

3. What did AJ do for a living, hobbies and so on minus AA?
RS said that he ran a local furniture store, I believe. Other than the group meetings, no mention of any other hobbies/activities was made.
Gelatinous Goo is offline   Reply With Quote