Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season
Fox to Air Holiday Comedy Series; CBS and Viacom to Combine


New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2019, 08:03 AM   #1
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,592
Default Agatha Christie - The OG Gone Girl

Saw this segment for the first time in a long time yesterday and there is no doubt in my mind that she staged her disappearance to humiliate (and implicate) her husband who was having an affair. Exactly like the plot of the novel and film "Gone Girl".
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:13 AM   #2
justins5256
Member
Senior Member
 
justins5256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 08, 2002
Posts: 3,836
Default

Yeah, I saw it too and had the same thoughts. Also thought it was funny she didnít mention it at all in her autobiography.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:24 AM   #3
Steve_uk
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 29, 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 4,391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
Saw this segment for the first time in a long time yesterday and there is no doubt in my mind that she staged her disappearance to humiliate (and implicate) her husband who was having an affair. Exactly like the plot of the novel and film "Gone Girl".
I don't subscribe to this view. She was far too traumatized throughout the whole incident to have an ulterior motive. https://www.historyextra.com/period/...ple-detective/
Steve_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:40 AM   #4
Fletch
Justice for Russell
Forum Regular
 
Fletch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 10, 2002
Posts: 399
Default

Am I the only one who thought then (and still does today) that this segment was a complete waste of time?
Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:57 AM   #5
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_uk View Post
I don't subscribe to this view. She was far too traumatized throughout the whole incident to have an ulterior motive. https://www.historyextra.com/period/...ple-detective/
Yeah I don't buy that at all. She checked into the hotel using her husband's mistress's name. Doesn't get any more clear than that, IMO. She did that on purpose. And what UM doesn't mention is that after ditching her car and getting on a train, she mailed a letter to her brother-in-law. It was postmarked a day after her disappearance.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:33 PM   #6
Steve_uk
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 29, 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 4,391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
Yeah I don't buy that at all. She checked into the hotel using her husband's mistress's name. Doesn't get any more clear than that, IMO. She did that on purpose. And what UM doesn't mention is that after ditching her car and getting on a train, she mailed a letter to her brother-in-law. It was postmarked a day after her disappearance.
Well she also wrote another letter to the local chief constable stating that she was in fear of her life. I'm sure this wasn't the first extramarital affair committed by Archibald, though evidently the incident was preying on her mind.
Steve_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:39 PM   #7
Labonte18
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 28, 2018
Posts: 177
Default

She was neurally linked with a Vespiform. When the link was broken she wound up with amnesia and was dropped off 10 days later at the Harrogate Hotel by Donna and the Doctor.

It's all perfectly simple.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unicorn_and_the_Wasp
Labonte18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:15 PM   #8
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic
Senior Member
 
1990 UM fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 2,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Am I the only one who thought then (and still does today) that this segment was a complete waste of time?
To me, it remains a sentimental part of the 1994 era
__________________
Join my Unsolved Mysteries page (Facebook): http://www.facebook.com/pages/Unsolv...899616?sk=wall
1990 UM fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:19 PM   #9
Labonte18
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 28, 2018
Posts: 177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 UM fan View Post
To me, it remains a sentimental part of the 1994 era
I think it's just a fascinating look back at history. I put it in line with Amelia Earhart.. Historical unsolved mystery. Luckily, this one, for all intents and purposes, had a happy ending to it.

There were alot of stories that were more a waste of time and space than this one.
Labonte18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:24 PM   #10
Fletch
Justice for Russell
Forum Regular
 
Fletch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 10, 2002
Posts: 399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
There were alot of stories that were more a waste of time and space than this one.
Agree with you there for sure.
Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:54 PM   #11
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,128
Default

This is a segment that has grown on me. Early on I used to get bored with it, but I actually think it shows everything that is good about UM. Their ability to showcase historical figures from around the world and at the end of the day it is a perplexing mystery whether she ran on purpose or did have a mental breakdown. I tend to think it was both and she decided to leave it a historical mystery for her fans.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 04:00 PM   #12
Labonte18
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 28, 2018
Posts: 177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!! View Post
This is a segment that has grown on me. Early on I used to get bored with it, but I actually think it shows everything that is good about UM. Their ability to showcase historical figures from around the world and at the end of the day it is a perplexing mystery whether she ran on purpose or did have a mental breakdown. I tend to think it was both and she decided to leave it a historical mystery for her fans.
If you have Prime.. Watch the episode of Doctor Who I referenced above. It does a story about this mystery.. Obviously fictionalized, but quite fun and interesting.

It's one of the 10th doctor and Donna Noble stories as well, which was a high water mark for the series. I think it's Season 5 on Prime.

Just a fun little look at this particular unsolved mystery from a sci-fi angle.
Labonte18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:49 AM   #13
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
If you have Prime.. Watch the episode of Doctor Who I referenced above. It does a story about this mystery.. Obviously fictionalized, but quite fun and interesting.

It's one of the 10th doctor and Donna Noble stories as well, which was a high water mark for the series. I think it's Season 5 on Prime.

Just a fun little look at this particular unsolved mystery from a sci-fi angle.
I have seen that episode. It is one of the best from that show.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:08 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.