Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season
Fox to Air Holiday Comedy Series; CBS and Viacom to Combine
The Flintstones Coming to MeTV in Fall 2019; Lifetime Tackles The College Admissions Scandal

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-04-2015, 12:31 AM   #61
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Novelist
I'm not familiar with Texas. Is the Brazos River off the beaten path, so to speak? I find it hard to believe that there was not 1 witness. no other canoers, no cars driving by, no hikers...Does anybody know the area?
Haha texas is a big state I'm from here and there are many different places I haven't seen. I've never been on the brazos in that specific area. All they mentioned was brazos River near glen rose texas which is a very small city guessing in the low thousands. And the river in that area winds through rural country areas as does most of the brazos ...it does not wind through glen rose. I have been camping in other areas near there a hand full of times and can confirm those are extremely rural areas. We usually camped On a lake off the brazos and it was 20-30 min drive to the closest town. On a weekday yes I find it very believable that it could be desolate. On a weekend there would likely be some people out camping and on the water but again it is rural so you just never know. I wonder if there are houses nearby where they were or people that could have heard or seen something?? Glen rose is known for a dinosaur park that they have but I've never been to it. That area is not some heavy attraction so if you don't have family or live there it's probably not a place a whole lot of people go to. Maybe it's more frequented on holiday weekends as they mentioned in the segment about it being a Holiday weekend just before. Interestingly unlike darlie routier and some of the other north Texas cases that were in the local media other than UM I have never heard of this case and don't recall hearing of others like it.

Last edited by DALLASTEXAN!!; 09-04-2015 at 01:02 AM.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 12:13 PM   #62
Street Novelist
Occasional Poster

Thanks for the info Dallas.
Street Novelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:51 AM   #63
freakbook

I know most think that this case is made up, as I tend to too, but what was the motive here? I know she has a shady pass, and does her partner, but I'm not sure what to believe.

As TheCars1986 had mentioned, which stuck out to me, was how didn't she see/hear them coming from behind? It's also odd they would leave her and her son alive as they both spent hours with them and could identify them. It's a bit odd to rape a woman infront of her son, ride around with them for hours in a canoe, and just let them go. I mean if no one else was around to witness this, why not just kill them so you wouldn't be identified?

If this story is fake then I think her, and her partner made this up together. Apparently they both were under alot of fire, and were hated/distrusted by a good amount of people, so I wonder if they made this "rape story" up to try to weasel out of something?

On the other hand if it was true (which I doubt) an interesting theory would be if she and her son were followed by the men for a while? Maybe they were plants/hired muscle from one of the agencies/people that her and her partner crossed to teach them a lesson? Just the fact that they came out of nowhere, and kept them alive seems like they tried to "teach them a lesson". I mean raping her infront of her son, and then keeping them alive?

Dunno.
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:15 PM   #64
freakbook

Actually.....you know what? What if Theresa and her partner were trying to scam, or get dirt on the canoe business and made this story up? They were PI's, but also apparently scum, so is it possible that they knew something about the canoe company and tried to get something out of them?

Her partner never went there with police, just himself, and he kept hassling the owner about the receipts. Going there with police K-9 dogs and trying to gather DNA would've made more sense. I wonder if there was something about the canoe business/someone who worked there that they tried to get dirt on/extort? This could've been a scam..

Apparently Theresa has been scamming, and begging for years now. It wouldn't surprise me if she, and/or he made this up for some lawsuit/extortion deal.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:35 PM   #65
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Hard to say. I don't have any clue why someone would make up a story like the one in this segment.

I just need to add that it goes against every fiber of my being to question a rape victim. It feels unnatural to me-- but this case really does have a lot going on behind the scenes...
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:51 PM   #66
freakbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
I just need to add that it goes against every fiber of my being to question a rape victim. It feels unnatural to me-- but this case really does have a lot going on behind the scenes...
Yeah, me too, but like you said, there's alot in her background that makes this deserve questioning.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:08 PM   #67
JannTosh
Forum Regular

Quote:
Hard to say. I don't have any clue why someone would make up a story like the one in this segment.

It's totally possible to lie about being raped or at least finger the wrong man. Plenty of examples
JannTosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:09 PM   #68
JannTosh
Forum Regular

I keep hearing how scary this case is but it is no where to be found m. Never found an upload on YouTube and it is not on Amazon

Sounds like
If the victim made it up she got influenced by that movie The River Wild
JannTosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:32 PM   #69
LooksLikeCRicci

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by JannTosh
I keep hearing how scary this case is but it is no where to be found m. Never found an upload on YouTube and it is not on Amazon

Sounds like
If the victim made it up she got influenced by that movie The River Wild
It's very similar to the plot of that movie. I actually think there was a reference to the movie in the UM segment.

I haven't seen it in years-- someone want to chime in and tell me if I'm right, if UM did indeed cut to a clip from the movie?
Old 08-17-2017, 02:50 PM   #70
freakbook

Quote:
It's very similar to the plot of that movie. I actually think there was a reference to the movie in the UM segment.

I haven't seen it in years-- someone want to chime in and tell me if I'm right, if UM did indeed cut to a clip from the movie?
No. They didn't. I believe this case was before the movie.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:00 PM   #71
LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook
No. They didn't. I believe this case was before the movie.
I thought you said you hadn't seen the segment??
Old 08-17-2017, 03:01 PM   #72
freakbook

Quote:
I thought you said you hadn't seen the segment??
I just seen it. That's why I wrote those two long post.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:08 PM   #73
LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Gotcha. They filmed "The River Wild" in parts of Montana. It was a big deal as it was happening. Kevin Bacon was a big deal back then.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:10 PM   #74
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Kevin Bacon was a big deal back then.

Still is.

https://oracleofbacon.org/
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:23 PM   #75
Hot Jock
Forum Regular

Quote:
Where did you find it? You can PM me if you don't want to share that info publicly. I've only seen this case once and that was a very long time ago.
Hot Jock is offline   Reply With Quote