Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: ABC; Antenna TV Acquires The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Who's the Boss? and More
Dancing with the Stars Cast for Season 28; Lilly Singh Gets NBC Primetime Special
Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-12-2011, 09:51 PM   #106
dynoguy88

RUSSELL EVANS: Killed June 4, 1989 in Spokane, Washington.

An old thread on here showed a map from a newspaper article tracing Russell's steps the night he was killed.

This is Murphy Park where Russell and his friends were hanging out when the two boys walked up and got in a fight with Russell's friend Aaron. Russell broke up the fight and the two boys told him, "You better watch your back." Then they left.

Russell left his friend's house around midnight and almost immediately ran in to his friend Sade. They made small talk for several minutes and then parted ways. This is the corner where they ran in to each other on 29th Street.

This final picture is where Sandy Ferris discovered Russell at 1:05 a.m. on South Ray Street that turns in to Thor Avenue. Russell's home was just 2 blocks away. I drew an an arrow to where Russell was found. The 4 dots are where his shoes and shoelaces were found.

dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:24 PM   #107
dynoguy88

THE UNSOLVED MYSTERIES CHURCH EDITION:

This is Sacred Heart Church in Boise, Idaho where the unknown man killed himself by swallowing a cyanide capsule on December 4, 1982. The church is located on 811 South Latah Street in Boise.

Next we have Rising Daughter Baptist Church (seen in the distance) where Harold and Thelma Swain were murdered on March 11, 1985. The church is located on Highway 17 in Waverly, Georgia.

Finally, we have the rebuilt West Side Baptist Church in Beatrice, Nebraska. As you know, the original church exploded on March 1, 1950 when all the choir members were late. I found many articles about the miracle but I could not find a street address.

I also came across these old photos of the ruins of the original church shortly after it exploded. I thought these were neat.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:03 AM   #108
Gelatinous Goo
Frequent Poster

I love how there's another church next door!
Gelatinous Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:48 PM   #109
ILikeTurtles
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostedbyrobertstack
Dexter Stefonik:

Don't ask me how I actually found this, or why Google streetview goes off the highway to the actual rest stop, must have been fate! I literally just put the streetview marker onto the 94 highway and about a minute later I found the sign...what a good guess. As you can see, the sign for the Bad Route Rest area, and then the actual bad route rest area itself. Looks like it has been updated a bit since the broadcast, but this is it.

Great find.
ILikeTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:47 AM   #110
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy

Anyone know where Clarence and Geneva Roberts lived ?
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:54 PM   #111
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdb4884
Anyone know where Clarence and Geneva Roberts lived ?
According to sources online, the first fire took place at the intersection of Indiana Route 135 and Grandma Barnes Road, 3 miles north of Nashville. This is the corner on street view.

You can see a house to the right at that intersection so I'm guessing that's the property where the original house burned down.

There are so many other locations in relation to this case that I can't find directions for; Clarence's Hardware Store, the bar where he was seen with the transient in Morgantown, the Bed & Breakfast where Geneva worked, the cemetery where they are buried. Geneva's house and the location of the second fire is listed also on Route 135 but it's 6 miles south of Nashville while the first fire was 3 miles north of Nashville. I can't pinpoint the exact spot without an address number, though.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:56 AM   #112
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
According to sources online, the first fire took place at the intersection of Indiana Route 135 and Grandma Barnes Road, 3 miles north of Nashville. This is the corner on street view.

You can see a house to the right at that intersection so I'm guessing that's the property where the original house burned down.

There are so many other locations in relation to this case that I can't find directions for; Clarence's Hardware Store, the bar where he was seen with the transient in Morgantown, the Bed & Breakfast where Geneva worked, the cemetery where they are buried. Geneva's house and the location of the second fire is listed also on Route 135 but it's 6 miles south of Nashville while the first fire was 3 miles north of Nashville. I can't pinpoint the exact spot without an address number, though.
Cool thanks!
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:26 PM   #113
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

Just posted this in Rhonda Hinson thread, but thought I would post in here as well...here is the cross on the side of Mineral Springs Mtn Road where Rhonda's Car came to a stop.

hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:35 PM   #114
dynoguy88

JENNY PRATT:

This is the corner of Olievenhain Road & Rancho Santa Fe Road in Carlsbad, California. Jenny and Curtis were waiting here to turn left and continue on Santa Fe Road when she was attacked.

Old 04-23-2011, 03:12 AM   #115
Mysteryphile
I wonder what happened to her.
Forum Regular

You look at these places and they seem so ordinary...you would never think something so bad happened at them. I recently found out a nice path that I walk on almost everyday was the scene of a violent murder in the 50's and the murderer was never caught. The area is so green and peaceful with a stream running nearby...it was so hard to believe a murder could have taken place there.
Mysteryphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:38 PM   #116
zack007attack
Forum Regular

What about the 40 Mile Flats cafe (where Phillip Fraser and the hitchhiker were spotted together)?
How about the car wash in Prince George, BC where the charred remains of Phillip's car was found?
zack007attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:54 PM   #117
dynoguy88

JOYCE MCLAIN:

This is Schenck High School in East Millinocket, Maine where Joyce went to school. The school is located on 45 North Street.

Joyce went jogging on August 8, 1980. Her path took her behind the high school to the softball field which connects to the soccer field. It was on the soccer field where she was abducted, taken into the woods, raped and killed. This was as far back behind the school as Street View would let me go. You can see the softball field but the soccer field is just out of view.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:52 AM   #118
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

Wanted to resurrect this old thread and keep it going! Here are a couple more. These were a bit tough! But I did it! haha.

ST. FRANCIS CATHEDRAL RECTORY IN SANTA FE, FROM REYNALDO RIVERA:

YOU CAN SEE THE WINDOWS AND DOORS ARE THE SAME. THE UPPER LEFT WINDOW IS THE ONE THAT WAS LIT IN THE SEGMENT:

Old 06-17-2011, 12:53 AM   #119
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

ALSO, WHY IS THIS THREAD NOT A STICKY YET?

HERE IS A TOUGH ONE, JUST HAD TO LITERALLY TRY HIT AND MISS IN THE CITY OF YPSILANTI, MICHIGAN, BUT WAS ABLE TO TRACK THIS ONE DOWN!

THE REAL ESTATE OFFICE OF JACK BROWN...LOOKS A BIT DIFFERENT, BUT THIS IS IT!

Old 06-17-2011, 12:58 AM   #120
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

LUCKY AUTO SALES IN PONTIAC MICHIGAN, FROM THE MISSY MUNDAE SEGMENT. THIS IS WHERE SHE SAT AND WAITED FOR 2 HOURS WITH THE CAR SALESMAN.