Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 26, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: NBC Developing Serendipity Series; Designing Women Making Streaming Media Debut
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: ABC; Antenna TV Acquires The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Who's the Boss? and More
Dancing with the Stars Cast for Season 28; Lilly Singh Gets NBC Primetime Special
Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy


New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2010, 12:46 AM   #31
Clockworkhigh
Member
Forum Regular
 
Clockworkhigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 29, 2009
Posts: 604
Default

Yeah it was 1992. But for sure people weren't invincible from having a crime committed against them. It existed. If this is 1952, then we're talking about a much different era where everyone trusted each other. And since it was 1992 it wasn't uncommon to not have a hotel reservation. There were no cell phones then, you couldn't look stuff up on the internet. The idea of winging it and finding a hotel by luck actually existed back then. I know my folks did it with us. The 5:30am thing was strange that's for sure. But combined with what the cop saw and the idea that her kids were left alone it makes perfect sense that she ran into a random guy. If it had to do with the money thing, then it makes more sense, but the first option is do-able
Clockworkhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:48 PM   #32
Hambone2421
Member
Senior Member
 
Hambone2421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworkhigh
The 5:30am thing was strange that's for sure. But combined with what the cop saw and the idea that her kids were left alone it makes perfect sense that she ran into a random guy. If it had to do with the money thing, then it makes more sense, but the first option is do-able
Agreed. Most likely she was int he wrong palce at the wrong time and met foul play with some crazy killer.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:28 PM   #33
burbqueen
Master of My Domain
Frequent Poster
 
burbqueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 11, 2009
Location: texas
Posts: 160
Default

people are never invincible, but our world has changed so much in the past almost 20 years!! People are much more aware of stranger danger than there were back then. In the past 20 years we have had more and more high profile murder cases in the media and a myriad of shows about crime, abductions, child killers etc. Back in the 90's all we really had was unsolved mysteries!!!!

I was a teen in the 90's and the stupid stuff I did would have gotten me killed for sure. I'm surprised I' m alive. People just didnt really think the same way we do now.
__________________
Baby Huba due 06/20/10!!!!
burbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #34
unidentified
Member
Frequent Poster
 
unidentified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 11, 2010
Posts: 152
Default

Quote:
Back in the 90's all we really had was unsolved mysteries!
...and was it not enough, both back then and even now it scares the f-jeez outta me!
unidentified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #35
BrandiRay
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 04, 2010
Location: columbus,ga
Posts: 4
Default

The Pamela June Ray case was never solved, i know this because im her daughter. She left us (me and shayne) in the car because we were asleep.. and because we had made arrangements with the manager of the hotel prior to making the trip down to pcb. He was supposed to leave a key to the room in the mail box for my mother to get when we got there. also my aunt was supposed to come with us for the trip because my dad couldnt get off of work. but she backed out at the last moment.
The only thing i remember about the day we were found by the police was waking up because it was raining and i started crying because shayne was asleep and we were alone. not to long after i woke shayne up, a police officer took us to the police station and called our family, my dad and my aunt rhonda flew down from georgia to get us.
As for the leeds that came up in 2000... Sandra Marie Anderson who did search and rescue with her Cadaver Dog Eagle (if you google her you will see just how reliable she was ) were searching an area near pcb where they found several female remains. All the remains had the same profile.. White female with dark hair. The area they were searching was the home of a woman. However her son had murdered the victims and burried them on her property. This man is in jail for several life sentences because of this. But my mothers remains were not found among them, and the man who pled guilty to these crimes would not say if he knew what happened to my mom or not.
Aside from the numerous false reports of people seeing her, there has never been any real leads or evidence to what happened.

Last edited by BrandiRay; 03-04-2010 at 09:12 PM.
BrandiRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:35 PM   #36
mattc
Member
Forum Regular
 
mattc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 16, 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandiRay
The Pamela June Ray case was never solved, i know this because im her daughter. She left us (me and shayne) in the car because we were asleep.. and because we had made arrangements with the manager of the hotel prior to making the trip down to pcb. He was supposed to leave a key to the room in the mail box for my mother to get when we got there. also my aunt was supposed to come with us for the trip because my dad couldnt get off of work. but she backed out at the last moment.
The only thing i remember about the day we were found by the police was waking up because it was raining and i started crying because shayne was asleep and we were alone. not to long after i woke shayne up, a police officer took us to the police station and called our family, my dad and my aunt rhonda flew down from georgia to get us.
As for the leeds that came up in 2000... Sandra Marie Anderson who did search and rescue with her Cadaver Dog Eagle (if you google her you will see just how reliable she was ) were searching an area near pcb where they found several female remains. All the remains had the same profile.. White female with dark hair. The area they were searching was the home of a woman. However her son had murdered the victims and burried them on her property. This man is in jail for several life sentences because of this. But my mothers remains were not found among them, and the man who pled guilty to these crimes would not say if he knew what happened to my mom or not.
Aside from the numerous false reports of people seeing her, there has never been any real leads or evidence to what happened.
Welcome to the board, and thank you so much for posting!!!

I sincerely am sorry for the tragedy that you and your family have gone through, and I hope that one day there will be answers. Even though this was a short segment on the show, it obviously had a lasting impact on many of us, and I appreciate you giving us some details.

Do you or your family have any theories about what happened? From what you wrote, it sounds like your mom met with some sort of psychopath or something?

Regardless, thanks again, and I hope you and your family are doing well.
mattc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #37
BrandiRay
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 04, 2010
Location: columbus,ga
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattc
Welcome to the board, and thank you so much for posting!!!

I sincerely am sorry for the tragedy that you and your family have gone through, and I hope that one day there will be answers. Even though this was a short segment on the show, it obviously had a lasting impact on many of us, and I appreciate you giving us some details.

Do you or your family have any theories about what happened? From what you wrote, it sounds like your mom met with some sort of psychopath or something?

Regardless, thanks again, and I hope you and your family are doing well.
Some members of my family do believe that she was killed by the man who is in prison for the numerous murders he commited, where the police found all of those body's. But for me.. I was five years old at the time that she went missing.. so my memory of her is completely gone. the only thing that i remember about her is the perfume she wore. If you asked me to think of her the picture i'd see in my head would be the one on the posters, or what she looked like in another photograph. She could literally walk past me on the street and i probably wouldnt recognize her.
The story about what happened seems as real to me as it does to any of you. Its just amazing that any of yall remember the story from that long ago. Whenever i see storys like hers on the news, like the Natalee Holloway case, you watch it and see what her family is going through and you think my god how terrible, and you think that could never happen to me. But it can, at any moment your life can be changed forever.
BrandiRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:00 PM   #38
Hambone2421
Member
Senior Member
 
Hambone2421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandiRay
The Pamela June Ray case was never solved, i know this because im her daughter. She left us (me and shayne) in the car because we were asleep.. and because we had made arrangements with the manager of the hotel prior to making the trip down to pcb. He was supposed to leave a key to the room in the mail box for my mother to get when we got there. also my aunt was supposed to come with us for the trip because my dad couldnt get off of work. but she backed out at the last moment.
The only thing i remember about the day we were found by the police was waking up because it was raining and i started crying because shayne was asleep and we were alone. not to long after i woke shayne up, a police officer took us to the police station and called our family, my dad and my aunt rhonda flew down from georgia to get us.
As for the leeds that came up in 2000... Sandra Marie Anderson who did search and rescue with her Cadaver Dog Eagle (if you google her you will see just how reliable she was ) were searching an area near pcb where they found several female remains. All the remains had the same profile.. White female with dark hair. The area they were searching was the home of a woman. However her son had murdered the victims and burried them on her property. This man is in jail for several life sentences because of this. But my mothers remains were not found among them, and the man who pled guilty to these crimes would not say if he knew what happened to my mom or not.
Aside from the numerous false reports of people seeing her, there has never been any real leads or evidence to what happened.
I too would like to welcome you to the board and express my deepest condolences. I used to watch Unsolved Mysteries all the time when i was a kid with my parents and grandma. Your mom's case has always stood out to me as far as the older cases go. I really hope that one day you get the answers you and your family are looking for.

What is the name of the person in jail that you believe killed her?
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #39
BrandiRay
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 04, 2010
Location: columbus,ga
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
I too would like to welcome you to the board and express my deepest condolences. I used to watch Unsolved Mysteries all the time when i was a kid with my parents and grandma. Your mom's case has always stood out to me as far as the older cases go. I really hope that one day you get the answers you and your family are looking for.

What is the name of the person in jail that you believe killed her?

Since he was never convicted for her crime, and there was no actual evidence that points to him i dont feel comfortable revealing his name. Although he has been convicted for several other heinous crimes i think it would paint my family name in a bad light to point the finger of blame, when there isnt any evidence to support it.
BrandiRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:53 PM   #40
unidentified
Member
Frequent Poster
 
unidentified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 11, 2010
Posts: 152
Default

Quote:
Although he has been convicted for several other heinous crimes i think it would paint my family name in a bad light to point the finger of blame, when there isnt any evidence to support it.
Again condolences here regarding what happened. Its always amazing when those behind the stories actually come forward to give their input.

As you can see from this board there are numerous armchair detectives trying to work out cases and this one is no exception as although it was a short segment, it really sticks in your mind even after nearly 20 years.

It is good to know though that this guy if he is the correct one is behind bars. What sort of/what length of sentence is he currently serving? Hope it's a long one anyway.


Just a curious question noted from something above here...

Quote:
We had made arrangements with the manager of the hotel prior to making the trip down to pcb. He was supposed to leave a key to the room in the mail box for my mother to get when we got there. also my aunt was supposed to come with us for the trip because my dad couldnt get off of work. but she backed out at the last moment.
The segment mentioned that the motels in that area had no telephones. Were the arrangements made from/to the hotel managers home?
unidentified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:11 AM   #41
cmyweb
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2009
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unidentified
Just a curious question noted from something above here...

The segment mentioned that the motels in that area had no telephones. Were the arrangements made from/to the hotel managers home?
I'm pretty sure they meant no PAYPHONES, meaning publicly accessible telephones. The office of each of the hotels would of course have telephone service.
cmyweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:19 PM   #42
BrandiRay
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 04, 2010
Location: columbus,ga
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unidentified
Again condolences here regarding what happened. Its always amazing when those behind the stories actually come forward to give their input.

As you can see from this board there are numerous armchair detectives trying to work out cases and this one is no exception as although it was a short segment, it really sticks in your mind even after nearly 20 years.

It is good to know though that this guy if he is the correct one is behind bars. What sort of/what length of sentence is he currently serving? Hope it's a long one anyway.


Just a curious question noted from something above here...



The segment mentioned that the motels in that area had no telephones. Were the arrangements made from/to the hotel managers home?

from what my aunt told me at the time ... that she had spoke with the manager personally and he knew that she and my mother would be there at the time we arived. So he was supposed to leave a key in the mailbox because the office would be closed. im gunna go out on a limb and say that he forgot because they were probably really busy, being that time of year and all... everyone trying to get in one last beach trip before school started back... like we were. but i really dont know... all i can go on is what ive been told. Even though they said that there were no phones im pretty sure that there was a phone in the office of the hotel. i mean how else were the out of towners going to make reservations? i think they just ment no phones in the rooms for the guest to use.
BrandiRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:07 PM   #43
unidentified
Member
Frequent Poster
 
unidentified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 11, 2010
Posts: 152
Default

Quote:
Even though they said that there were no phones im pretty sure that there was a phone in the office of the hotel. i mean how else were the out of towners going to make reservations? i think they just ment no phones in the rooms for the guest to use.
Thanks for the info Brandi.

I just wish UM would have made it a little clearer.

It could have been that it was such a popular area that they didn't need phones at all, they may just have had people calling by all the time which meant they were always busy - I do remember hotels and motels especially like that in the 70/80s but wouldn't have expected such in 92, except if the area was still totally stuck in a timewarp.

On the other hand, the explanation of a lack of "payphones" does make sense though, as Pamela had never made it into to a room to access an internal phone line anyway.

Another note and throwing a completely different light on the same thing... The hotel Pamela had phoned ahead to and spoken to the manager may not actually have been on that street at all, it may have been on an adjacent street or another a short distance away.

The reason I suggest this is that the UM segment said she had tried "a number" of hotels on that street (that it showed her on), but all were locked up for the night.
unidentified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:34 PM   #44
Will Dockery
Shadowville All-Stars
Forum Regular
 
Will Dockery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 31, 2006
Location: Shadowville
Posts: 679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
I agree. I know myself or my family would just wait til the next morning before leaving just for safety reasons alone. It doesn't make sense to drive through the night to a destination your not familiar with and a hotel you don't have reservations for. Didn't she know that crazy people look for women traveling alone to attack? I wonder if maybe her and her husband got into a fight and she took the kids out on a vacation without him. UM did mention that Pamela's family had accidentally been given a large amount of money due to a banking error and were then forced to give it back after they had spent most of it. Maybe there was a connection.
Well, I just came upon this thread while searching for information on the old Wilhite Motel in Panama City. One aspect of this motel which may have a relationship is that this was an early version of a sort of "extended stay" motel, where there were weekly rates and a kitchen in the rooms. I know this because this was the sort of motels my grandfather always looked for when vacationing, and we stayed at the Wilhite several times when I was a child... which is what brought me here!

Perhaps PJR was planning to stay in PCB for a bit longer than the usual vacation, such as a week or more, which brought here there?

Also, I haven't seen this mentioned, but the family had at one time a condo in the Panama City area, according to one of the websites on the case, which I don't think I've seen mentioned here:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/ray_pamela.html

"The family reportedly owned a condominium at the Gulf Highlands Beach Resort in Panama City under Ray's name..."

So, it seems very likely that this wasn't a "...destination your not familiar with...", maybe she had people she knew there, possibly not as nice as she thought they were? Also, it bears mentioning that it wouldn't be that odd for trips back and forth from Villa Rica, Georgia to Panama City Beach, Florida to be a common trip for her and her family, I live in the same part of Georgia, and here PCB is considered close enough to jaunt down to sometimes on a whim, espescially if there are friends living down there, as well.

Interesting and sad story, either way, though.
Will Dockery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:44 PM   #45
Killarney Rose
Member
Forum Regular
 
Killarney Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 24, 2010
Location: AL
Posts: 366
Default

I'd like to add a few comments on this case. It just happens that we were at Panama City Beach when Pamela Ray disappeared. This case has always stuck with me. It rained the whole week we were there- a monsoon drenching rain. It was raining like that when she disappeared. I think I remember hearing or reading that this was one of the reasons there was so little evidence for investigators to find, and possibly why her cries for help might not have been heard. I am sure it's why she left the sleeping children in the locked car. i am very safety conscious, but remembering how that office was right there in the parking area, I would have done the same thing.

The Wilhite was an older mom & pop style motel that was a leftover from the 50s and 60s. I think I remember the office as being out in the parking lot, separate from the rest of the hotel. It was common to make arrangements to pick up the key upon arrival at one of these places, we have done it too. It wasn't in a run down area, but there were still quite a few older motels along that stretch of the beach. I believe it was in the area that used to be known as Long beach. It was on Front Beach Road and the motel was on the beach.

I was glad to read that the family has at least had some type of closure as they think her killer might already be in prison. I hope one day they will know for sure.
Killarney Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 AM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.