Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: ABC; Antenna TV Acquires The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Who's the Boss? and More
Dancing with the Stars Cast for Season 28; Lilly Singh Gets NBC Primetime Special
Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-11-2009, 03:58 AM   #91
shanejm
Frequent Poster

I have a couple what the...moments.

The first one involved the murder of Camilla/Cam Lyman. How could they not figure the guy who killed her was her assistant? I mean...He never reported her missing...he kept depositing the checks into a checking account that I'm assuming was his because otherwise he could have just used that money to keep Camilla's/Cams place up while she was "gone." Then the guy starts showing Camilla's/Cams dogs as his own...what does it take for those police to get a clue and really do some investigating? I know this case is getting old and all...but really...those police have to be idiots!

My second moment is really just to mention the horror that was the death of Megan Curl. Who the hell can do such a thing?

Third...what the...They basically let that cop get off scott free with the murder of the 2 prostitutes in the Bordello Murder segment. And also..wasn't that lawyer kind of sleazy?

And last...I'm just amazed and say what the...at how some of the psychics do their psychic thing. It just amazes me...I just wish all of the cases could be solved...
shanejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:33 AM   #92
VikingsGal
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersally1974
On top of my What the ... moments is when Chad Noe's decision to divorce Wendy Camp after she was diagnosed with MS.

Uhm, yeah. Really speaks to one's character, to leave your spouse after they've received a devastating diagnosis like that.

... and yet, it still manages to go downhill from there. WTF moments? That segment has plenty of those.
And when Chad first said "It would be better to have only kid to take care of, rather than two" I thought the second kid he was talking about was Wendy! Then I realized it was Wendy's daughter from her first marriage. Still, you could of taken care of her too, Chad, and I bet she would have been a good helper. But no, you had to divorce her and then have her killed.

Class act.
VikingsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:26 PM   #93
MegtheEgg86

The Lester Garnier suspect sketches. Not only was the first one (gleaned from a witness under hypnosis) probably one of the worst sketches in all of UM history (and I thought the Boston Mall Rapist and Wadada took the cake), but the second one was a totally non-descript rendering of a woman's back---just the back of her head, her shoulders, etc. About the only thing one could gather from it was that the woman was dressed in a skirt suit and high heels and had long hair. Which could've accounted for thousands of women throughout that city. I never understood that at all.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:31 PM   #94
MissFit29
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsGal
And when Chad first said "It would be better to have only kid to take care of, rather than two" I thought the second kid he was talking about was Wendy! Then I realized it was Wendy's daughter from her first marriage. Still, you could of taken care of her too, Chad, and I bet she would have been a good helper. But no, you had to divorce her and then have her killed.

Class act.
I always thought the second child he referred to was himself.
MissFit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:07 PM   #95
Drakken
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
The Lester Garnier suspect sketches. Not only was the first one (gleaned from a witness under hypnosis) probably one of the worst sketches in all of UM history (and I thought the Boston Mall Rapist and Wadada took the cake), but the second one was a totally non-descript rendering of a woman's back---just the back of her head, her shoulders, etc. About the only thing one could gather from it was that the woman was dressed in a skirt suit and high heels and had long hair. Which could've accounted for thousands of women throughout that city. I never understood that at all.
At least Wadada's sketch was descriptive enough to be able to recognize the suspect, especially with his hand problem. The female suspect in Garnier's case and the Boston Mall Rapist ones were ridiculous.
Drakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:38 PM   #96
MegtheEgg86

Just thought of another. Why did no one seem to think it was really suspicious that Bill Roberts wanted to park Neil Jennings' truck behind buildings all throughout Odessa, TX?

Last edited by MegtheEgg86; 04-17-2009 at 12:16 AM.
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #97
Mastermind

Quote:
Just thought of another. Why did no one seem to think it was really suspicious that Bill Roberts wanted to park Neil Jennings' truck behind buildings all throughout Odessa, TX?
I was thinking about that too.

Neil Jennings- without a doubt the most dumbest criminal to appear in Unsolved Mysteries.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:12 AM   #98
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
Neil Jennings- without a doubt the most dumbest criminal to appear in Unsolved Mysteries.
I don't know.... UM seems to have an abundance of contenders for the Dumbest Criminal title. lol
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:24 AM   #99
justins5256

Quote:
I was thinking about that too.

A slight correction. Neil Jennings was the victim. The criminal was "Bill Roberts" although it's probably a false name. I can't recall if he was ever captured or positively identified.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:06 AM   #100
Mastermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
A slight correction. Neil Jennings was the victim. The criminal was "Bill Roberts" although it's probably a false name. I can't recall if he was ever captured or positively identified.
Your right. It was Bill Roberts, I believe he was captured.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #101
Drakken
Forum Regular

His name is William Harrison Blackwell.

THE LONE STAR FUGITIVE TASK FORCE ARRESTS WILLIAM HARRISON BLACKWELL

Lone Star Fugitive Task Force LogoSan Antonio – William Harrison Blackwell had changed his name, changed his look, changed his friends, and relocated after the 1988 murder in Ector County, Texas. All his efforts to avoid justice were ended yesterday at approximately 4:30 PM when the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force arrested Blackwell outside the Universal City apartment complex in which he was staying.

Blackwell had assumed the identity of “John Downey,” acquiring credit cards and a Colorado driver’s license under his new name. A friend of over ten years who was present at the time of Blackwell’s arrest said that they had only known the fugitive as John Downey. A second acquaintance asked the pertinent question, “Well, who is John Downey?”

The real John Downey is a convicted felon. In 2006, under the alias of “John Downey,” Blackwell was arrested in North Carolina for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. At the time of the arrest, Blackwell was accused of having 7 shotguns, 3 rifles, and 4 handguns in his possession. Blackwell, who gave the name “John Downey” at the time of his arrest, received bond before a check of his fingerprints revealed that it was not John Downey whom they had arrested, but William Harrison Blackwell, a fugitive wanted for a 1998 murder in the Odessa, Texas area.

The Ector County Sheriff’s Office requested the assistance of the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force in apprehending Blackwell. The Midland Division of Lone Star Fugitive Task Force was able to track Blackwell to a Universal City apartment complex. The Lone Star Fugitive Task Force in San Antonio established surveillance at the Palisades Park apartment complex located on Pat Booker Road. A man now wearing a full beard, longer hair, and about twenty years older than the time of the murder walked out of an apartment. Lone Star Fugitive Task Force Officers and Officers from the Universal City Police Department arrested Blackwell without incident. After initially claiming to be “John Downey,” the fugitive recanted and admitted to being William Harrison Blackwell.

Blackwell is currently being housed at the Bexar County Jail awaiting extradition back to Ector County.

United States Marshal for the Western District of Texas LaFayette Collins said, “The Lone Star Fugitive Task Force will not stop pursuing a fugitive until they face justice. The teamwork demonstrated by the law enforcement agencies in both Texas and North Carolina led to the end of Blackwell’s 19 year run from justice.”

Participating Agencies:
United States Marshals Service-Midland Division
United States Marshals Service-San Antonio Division
Ector County Sheriff’ Office
Universal City Police Department
Comal County Sheriff’s Department
Bexar County Sheriff’s Office
Drakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:48 PM   #102
nicoge21
Frequent Poster

One of the funniest episodes I seen was the chair of death. They let alot of humor out on that segment. Like when they showed the guy rapping the rope around his neck in slow motion with funny faces. Especially with all the goofy music.

"the pubs owner finally moved the chair into the basement.....out of harms way....."or so he thought"
nicoge21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:41 PM   #103
Mastermind

Quote:
One of the funniest episodes I seen was the chair of death. They let alot of humor out on that segment. Like when they showed the guy rapping the rope around his neck in slow motion with funny faces. Especially with all the goofy music.

"the pubs owner finally moved the chair into the basement.....out of harms way....."or so he thought"
Even Stack was having fun with that episode.

I don;t mind that episode as opposed to the stupid aphrodisiac episode.

UM can have a little fun every know and then.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:46 AM   #104
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Even Stack was having fun with that episode.

I don;t mind that episode as opposed to the stupid aphrodisiac episode.

UM can have a little fun every know and then.
At least the chair of death was about things that actually happened instead of junk anyone could make up.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #105
HHorseman
Frequent Poster

The cop in Oregon cant remember his name he shot his son in the forest and made up a pack of lies about his daugther seeing someone kidnap him turned out later the dad had killed the kid and only ended up getting minimal time for it.
HHorseman is offline   Reply With Quote