Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: NBC Developing Serendipity Series; Designing Women Making Streaming Media Debut
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: ABC; Antenna TV Acquires The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Who's the Boss? and More
Dancing with the Stars Cast for Season 28; Lilly Singh Gets NBC Primetime Special
Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #76
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

The biggest "What The?" moment happend for me today when I was reviewing the Dick Hansen murder segment.

Jean and Dick have been chased all over town in their cars by a murderer who changes lanes when they do, stops when they do, turns when they do, and parks behind them every time the park somewhere.

When they finally pull over after being chased for 10 miles on the expressway, she was shocked that the killer didn't "wave" at them as he drove by, but actually pulled in and parked behind them. Again!

Duh.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:57 PM   #77
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

The correct response in such a case would be to drive straight for the nearest police station. Anyone got a better one?
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:50 PM   #78
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori aka ChrisSCrush
The correct response in such a case would be to drive straight for the nearest police station. Anyone got a better one?
Back in the 90s, I was driving my kids to the library when some nut started road raging on me. (The whole trip to the library was on back roads that were two lanes, and not very busy with traffic.)

I don't know why he started harassing me. He tailgated, accelerated quickly to ride the back bumper, weaved his truck in and out of the lane for no reason, and some other stupid stuff.

I immediately drove to the police station. He followed me for about 6 miles, but he wasn't willing to follow me into the police station parking lot. He just drove on by.

Once, I did chase down a bad guy. A man tried to abduct my son off his bike only 4 houses down our isolated dead end road. DS was 9 years old at the time.

The guy saw DS and literally spun his car around in a 180 so that his driver's door would be next to DS. Well, DS was on his bike and rushed home to tell me what happened.

He described the car completely. (Since he was only 9, I had to ask some weird car related questions to figure out if it was a station wagon or an el camino. (It was a gray wagon.)

After I got the description, I grabbed my camera, locked my kids in the house, and followed the only main road, hoping I might find him. Sure enough, he was pulled into a self serve car wash.

Two young women were there vacuuming out their car. He parked his car at an angle, in front of their car, so that if they tried to escape, it would slow them down, since they would have to drive in reverse to get away.

I jumped out of my car and started taking pictures of him and his car from a distance of about 100 feet or so. Then I got closer. Then even closer.

The next thing I know, I am kneeling in the parking lot, 12 inches from the back of his car, taking photographs of his license plate and close ups of him and his car.

He was so engrossed with the young ladies, that he never noticed me prowling all around his car! And you know what those vacuums are like at the car wash. One car pulls on one side and another car would pull in on the other. That's how close I was to the guy and he never realized I was there.

I had the pictures developed at the 1 hour place, DS identified the man and the car, and we all went to the police station to file a report. Surprise of all Surprises, he had big old rap sheet for minor crimes. The interviewing officer even showed us the cell where the perv had spent time after being arrested.

The cops knew him well. But, he hadn't actually touched DS and in the case with the women at the car wash, as far as I know, nothing ever came of that. He wasn't charged with any crime in our case, but IIRC, they did place a note in his file.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:42 AM   #79
Arnold_OldSchool
Forum Regular

my road rage story:

Aug 17 2004, 12:35 AM :

Somedays I wonder how I get myself into such trouble....

As I'm driving to my business law class tonight, I'm doing 70-75 on the Highway....A car pulls behind me with 4 asians in it....they ride my ass bumper to bumper, and I get annoyed real fast...I hammer the horn and speed up....they stay on my ass....I slowed way down and waved them past....they slowed down and stayed on my ass.... I sped up and they sped up,,,,,,finally they blow past me and suddenly cut right in front of my car and slow way down.....traffic is honking...and passing them.....I try to pass them, and they swerve in front of me......we repeat this game 3-4 times and they let me pass..... now I speed up big time so I can avoid these nuts....they speed up and try to pass me....and I use another car to block them off....finally they do roar past me again...flicking me off and honking

They cut in front of me again and slow way down....blocking traffic.....I stop completely...getting worried now....They stop completely....traffics backing up.... I try going forward...they cut in front of me.......repeat this 2-3 times again, and they suddenly pull in the middle of a busy highway (rush hour mind you) and litterly park sideways blocking the traffic.... they're yelling and daring me to drive up by them.....other cars are driving in the ditch sides to get by them....I try and they cut me off....finally a van reates an opening and I get by.....they race ahead and cut the van off......we head up an on ramp......they let the Van drive by......now they pull to the side and wave me over....I said **** that and tried driving by.....they cut me off again....cars are lined up on the onramp behind us....12-15 deep.....I'm stuck 20 feet behind 4 punks who keep screaming obscenities at me and won't let anyone pass.....I'm thinking...pop the trunk and grab the tire iron.....I need a weapon....They get out of the car and start toward me...swearing....I get half out of the car...and say "I just didn't like you riding my ass...I don't want no trouble....then quickly dipped back in the car.....when they saw me in my potential 2 ton weapon...they kept swearing and flicking me off ....but they retreated to their car and finally roared off...... That may have been 20 of the freakiest minutes of my life, as i was honestly expecting them to have knifes or guns, or something an royally **** me up.....

Had i had some one with me, I'd fought'em I think, but 4 on 1 didn't sound so appealing....
Arnold_OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:58 AM   #80
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Wow, at first I thought this was going to be a swoop and squat operation.

Why do you think they targeted you? Were you unknowingly sporting the colors of their rival gang?

Do you think it could have been motivated by your race?

Did they mistake your car for someone that they knew and wanted to get revenge on?

What a freaky road rage. I wonder why you were targeted. It's just bizarre that they went through so much trouble to go after some random guy. I was thinking maybe it was mistaken identity, but if it was daytime and they clearly saw your face, then what the heck?

Did your license plate say 49R HUGS? :P
Old 02-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #81
VikingsGal
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Why do you think they targeted you?
You know, some people target peopkle for no reason, just to get their jollies. One time I was driving somewhere and hubby was my passenger. Some guy pulled up, honked and gave us the finger and was pointing at his head and mouthing the words "THINK!" at me. Then he exited off a ramp. I have no idea what the problem was. I signal, drive in the right lane (I do NOT drive 35 mph in the left lane on the freeway as as many people in my state do.) I even said to my hubby - I wonder what that was about? He had no idea. Maybe it was a perceived slight, I don't know. Maybe he thought only men should do the driving, I don't know.

But my plates don't say "Viking Hugs" or anything similar.
VikingsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:11 PM   #82
atomicfizz
Forum Regular

A friend of mine just had a weird thing happen like that to him on the highway. A car with 3 late teens/early 20s kids followed him 40 miles to work, he noticed the were following him, he was taking exits and getting back on, they followed him, followed him through a whole cloverleaf!! It was crazy. Then after all this for 40 miles they eventually just went their own way. I don't know if they thought he was someone else or what, but he was really freaked out.

As for WTF moments on Unsolved, I have to agree with the Liz Carmichael one. I thought it was weird during the recreation that anyone would really not think it was a man, but thought I'd give these people the benefit of the doubt. Then when I saw the actual "Liz" I just about peed my pants laughing. I'd love to hear the thoughts that went through these people's minds. I mean did they think "she's smart but that is one uuuuuugly chick"? lol
atomicfizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #83
VikingsGal
Frequent Poster

Quote:
As for WTF moments on Unsolved, I have to agree with the Liz Carmichael one. I thought it was weird during the recreation that anyone would really not think it was a man, but thought I'd give these people the benefit of the doubt. Then when I saw the actual "Liz" I just about peed my pants laughing. I'd love to hear the thoughts that went through these people's minds. I mean did they think "she's smart but that is one uuuuuugly chick"? lol
I may not remember all the details on the Liz Carmichael one, but I thought some of the people didn't really care that Liz was a bit of an odd duck and didn't care if she was a man or a woman.
VikingsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:25 PM   #84
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

And in liz carmichael's case, I wonder about those bone heads that said they'd stand right with her if she ever wanted to start the business up again, and that the Dale was a viable car that they'd like to see get back in production.

Where are those idiots now? Are they now the execs from the big 3 car companies who recently flew on separate private jets, at the expense of tens of thousands of dollars each, to go beg congress for a taxpayer funded bailout?

Just wonderin, because that was definitely a WTH moment when the one guy said that a three legged car held together with duct tape and two by fours should go back into production. Those types usually end up in upper management...
Old 03-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #85
MissFit29
Forum Regular

One of my WTF moments came with the Sal Guardado case. A week and you're engaged? Oh, Sally....

Another WTF moments is in the Dennis DePue update...apparently he kept the same van that had been coated with Marilyn's blood?!?
MissFit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #86
Mastermind

Quote:
And in liz carmichael's case, I wonder about those bone heads that said they'd stand right with her if she ever wanted to start the business up again, and that the Dale was a viable car that they'd like to see get back in production.

Where are those idiots now? Are they now the execs from the big 3 car companies who recently flew on separate private jets, at the expense of tens of thousands of dollars each, to go beg congress for a taxpayer funded bailout?
I can't verify this for certain, but I believe there are some employees from 20th Century Car, were working on the Electric Car. And that a couple of those employees are working on Hybrids for GM.

I think they were profiled in the documentary "Who Killed the Electric Car?"
http://www.whokilledtheelectriccar.com/about

Anyone verify that?
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:09 PM   #87
Drakken
Forum Regular

My biggest WTF moment? Reading the sensitive part of the letter sent by Nyleen Kay Marshall's abductor. Just WTF...

Runner-ups would be :

- "Sam"'s Compsoite Sketch in Beverly McGowan's case. Where they really trying to find him or scare any possible witness away? Me thinks they should have fired the drawer.

- The couple hearing Crystal Spencer's high-pitch screams through the wall of their bedroom, and no doing anything about it and almost brag about it when interviewed. Way to show what brave citizens you are. *facepalm*
Drakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:09 AM   #88
ms_bates
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
The biggest "What The?" moment happend for me today when I was reviewing the Dick Hansen murder segment.

Jean and Dick have been chased all over town in their cars by a murderer who changes lanes when they do, stops when they do, turns when they do, and parks behind them every time the park somewhere.

When they finally pull over after being chased for 10 miles on the expressway, she was shocked that the killer didn't "wave" at them as he drove by, but actually pulled in and parked behind them. Again!

Duh.

Seriously! I mean, his behavior was so innocent and playful up until that point, of course you'd think he was just going to laugh and drive on by!
ms_bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:47 AM   #89
Arnold_OldSchool
Forum Regular

My cruddy little car at the time, with probably a simple t-shirt. Too this day I have no idea.
Arnold_OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:15 AM   #90
supersally1974
Frequent Poster

On top of my What the ... moments is when Chad Noe's decision to divorce Wendy Camp after she was diagnosed with MS.

Uhm, yeah. Really speaks to one's character, to leave your spouse after they've received a devastating diagnosis like that.

... and yet, it still manages to go downhill from there. WTF moments? That segment has plenty of those.
On January 10, 2008, Maila Nurmi, better known as the legendary 1950’s Los Angeles B-movie horror hostess “Vampira”, passed away in her sleep at the age of 86. Said to be the inspiration for the Morticia Addams character in “The Addams Family”, Vampira was the original “glamour ghoul” and the iconic star of Ed Wood’s “Plan 9 from Outer Space”.
supersally1974 is offline   Reply With Quote