Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season
Fox to Air Holiday Comedy Series; CBS and Viacom to Combine
The Flintstones Coming to MeTV in Fall 2019; Lifetime Tackles The College Admissions Scandal

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-18-2007, 06:47 PM   #46
crochetbuff
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightOnDude
then again, I was shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, when George Michael came out of the closet.

crochetbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #47
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Definitely Jim Boomgarden and his "evil twin." How was this segment even made or aired?

The lady who kept dreaming things about her father and grandfather, Benjamin, which her father later confirmed. Sweet segment, but since there is no one's word on it but that of a few family members and no one else can prove or disprove anything, what was the point?

Georgia Tann. I can understand how she may have conned some people into signing away children, or trumped up charges to have cops seize them, but how did she get away with snatching one off the street, then being brazen enough to TELL the mother where the kid was? And why did the mother not rush down by any means and GRAB that kid? It's easy to picture parents of missing children who didn't have a choice of trying to reclaim their child just screaming over this one.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:51 PM   #48
BlackOfJuly
Somebody
Occasional Poster

Send a message via ICQ to BlackOfJuly

Finally my first post after reading here up and down for about 2 years...hello out there, greetings from Hamburg/Germany!

The Dan Tondevold segment, where Robert Stack reveals the son of Mrs Berry, Hugh, who killed his Grandma in 1951 was actually Lobotomized...that TOTALLY freaked me out. Lobotomy was practiced numerously in the first half of the 20th century; look it up in the wikipedia. GRUESOME...to imagine anyone in thier right mind snipping around on and in the living human brain like that *shiver* and most of those "operations" went horridly wrong for the victims ("victim" is definitely the right term...).
BlackOfJuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:04 PM   #49
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOfJuly
Finally my first post after reading here up and down for about 2 years...hello out there, greetings from Hamburg/Germany!

The Dan Tondevold segment, where Robert Stack reveals the son of Mrs Berry, Hugh, who killed his Grandma in 1951 was actually Lobotomized...that TOTALLY freaked me out. Lobotomy was practiced numerously in the first half of the 20th century; look it up in the wikipedia. GRUESOME...to imagine anyone in thier right mind snipping around on and in the living human brain like that *shiver* and most of those "operations" went horridly wrong for the victims ("victim" is definitely the right term...).
Welcome!

Yes lobotomies sound just horrible. I can't help but think of Rosemary Kennedy when I hear that word. Her father had her lobotomized to help cure her "mood swings" and it incapacitated her for the rest of her life. I hadn't caught that part in the Dan Tondevold segment, very interesting.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:09 PM   #50
BlackOfJuly
Somebody
Occasional Poster

Send a message via ICQ to BlackOfJuly

Yep, reading in to the Kennedy Dynasty facts was the first time I came accross lobotomy...to imagine poor Rosemary may just have had a hypothyroidism and got her brain slashed... That would be another topic for "Strange Legends", Lobotomy, don't you think?

Watching different segments right now; can't decide which one gives me more creeps or which one has special WTF-moments...I guess those where is shown how the police frigg'd up the investigations. *sigh*

Greetings from o'er the ocean
Black
BlackOfJuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:03 PM   #51
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Story goes, old Joe Kennedy had this done to Rosemary when his wife, Rose, was out of town. She never got over it. One day years later she came in and found him lying in distress, obviously having fallen to a stroke, and instead of calling for help went swimming--let him see how he liked something going wrong in HIS brain--and he ended up worse than Rosemary for about the last 9 years of his life.

The wound suffered by President Reagan's press secretary, Jim Brady, in the assassination attempt has been compared to a frontal lobotomy.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:30 PM   #52
Kennedy
Occasional Poster

Mine HAS too be "Liz Carmichael "
Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:15 PM   #53
soilentgreen
Forum Regular

For me, one of the bigger wth moments was Monica Rizzo's son. It may have been the way UM depicted it, but he didn't seem to express that great of concern to the police over his mom's disappearance. He was undoubtedly aware that his father was abusive towards his mother, his mother uncharacteristically vanishes, and unless he was the anonymous caller, he says and does nothing about it?
soilentgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:03 PM   #54
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

In the case of the I-70 killer, I dont think he killed the guy that walked in to the bridal shop because he was a man. With the exception of one man in Indiana that had a pony tail the I-70 killer only killed women. So clearly he has a major disrespect of women and hates them actually. Clearly the killer just didnt want to kill the guy, he could have shot him and just been done with it if he wanted to kill him.

Yeah, something doesnt add up with the Morris Davis Jr case. Somehow, someway, the guy's gun which according to him is hid in a closet in between some heavy blankets gets stolen and used in a murder/robbery. Then he hides in the shadows for no real appearant reason and even has his voice altered. Kind of pulling a Donny Hansen there.

I dont think the guy that pawned the gun was the one that did it. Why would he pawn it in Great Falls then? However I do think the gun owner knows more than he is telling. He probably isnt the one that actually did the murder. But I'm pretty sure more than just he and his wife knew about that gun and where it was.

Personally, Tim McClure is a guy that I think probably did murder or his mother. However what I cant figure out is why he would murder her? I have a hard time believing he would murder his mother just so he could inherit 5 grand.

But yeah, it's obvious that McClure is hiding something. Remember, the term lie detector is actually in itself misleading. What a polygraph machine does is it detects deception. This doesnt necessarily mean a person is lying when they fail. It does mean that they are not telling everything they know.

The one big thing that always bothered me with McClure was his story about how he went out gambling alone for over two hours on his wedding night? Who goes off alone the night of their wedding? The big reason why McClure was never indicted in this case was because while they couldnt verify Tim's alibi, they also couldnt prove that he was the one that murdered his mother. He was arrested in 1992 but was released shortly after being booked because the district attorney declined to file charges. So the cops themselves went and arrested him 9 years after the murder without the district attorney signing off on it.

That was actually a bonehead move for the Carson City Sheriff's Department to do that because it would further polarize the situation and keep the DA from prosecuting in the future without the smoking gun (sorry for the bad pun).

In Donny Hansen's case, he got helped by his case being moved to an urban area. His case was moved out of Northern California completely. The prosecutors wanted the trial moved to Sacramento but his lawyers wanted it moved further south.

So Donny's trial was in Alameda County, California (Oakland). That's an urban area, a large minority population but people in general in that type of area tend to be very untrusting of cops and prosecutors. My guess would be that at least some of the jurors thought he did it but just werent comfortable enough to convict him based on the evidence presented.

Plus a neighbor that allegedly saw two men running away from the crime scene. I believe this witness to be mistaken in what and who they saw. The evidence in this case would have been solid with Julie's testimony. However with her death, her testimony became inadmissable because she hadnt been cross-examined by defense attorney's and with her death could not be cross-examined. However the evidence while circumstancial, was damning for Donny Hansen.

Honestly, his case is up there with OJ in terms of there being a lot of good evidence, yet an acquittal. I have seen so many people convicted of murder off of much less than what they had on Donny Hansen. Hansen was the one that purchased the gas used to burn down the trailer. Hansen was the one that purchased the shotgun shells used to kill his sisters. Hansen was the one who had borrowed the shotgun used to kill his sisters from a friend. He tried to break into his shed to get the shotgun, presumably to cover up his link to it. He initially lied about all of this stuff.

So in order to acquitt him you would have to believe that some unknown intruders, identity and motive unknown, targeted the Hansen's trailer, didnt take anything, yet shot just the twins and passed a sleeping Donny on the couch. Then they set the house on fire, once again sparring Donny. You would have to believe that the can full of gas, the shotgun and the shells were all just laying around.

Those killers must have been greatful to Donny for just leaving all this stuff laying around for them to pick up and use. I might be pro defense but it's obvious Donny did this. Whether he acted alone or not, that is a true mystery. He might not have acted alone but he was certainly involved.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:33 PM   #55
benoitbabe
My My My
Frequent Poster

The Monika Rizzo case I was just watching on Dailymotion. They went to her home to look for her bones after an anonamous tip. They proceed to find the remains of at least 4 folks including her strewn all over the backyard and in the grill! WTF! Is the husband a serial killer? what's more the bones may have been chopped up with a wood chipper.
benoitbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:40 PM   #56
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

I think the police eventually concluded that the bones in the backyard only belonged to one person: Monica Rizzo.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:18 AM   #57
Mastermind

My biggest WTF! moment

How could the Sheriff possibly think burning Eric Taminyasu's bed was a good idea???!!!

Please!! he's either in on it or he's dumbest cop in the history of law enforcement
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:47 PM   #58
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Same with the authorities who discarded evidence in the Bobby Fuller case. And that woman discovered underwater in a barrel, and one of her burn barrels was missing--whatever became of it?
Old 11-24-2008, 11:25 PM   #59
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

There was one in which two guys tunneled into a bank vault and the narration said this "netted them only about ninety thousand dollars." So? How long did it take to make that tunnel vs. how long it would take two guys working regular jobs to make ninety grand? The narration made it sound like a waste of time!
Old 11-25-2008, 12:07 AM   #60
MegtheEgg86

The biggest one for me is probably releasing the "crazy from Detroit" in the Kurt Sova case, but that's probably been mentioned.

And the unidentified individual thought to be "Don" and/or "Sean" in the Tracey Kirkpatrick case---surely authorities seriously did not stop investigating that guy just because neither one of those was his name. I'm not sure if that's the reason they backed away from it, though.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote