Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: NBC Developing Serendipity Series; Designing Women Making Streaming Media Debut
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: ABC; Antenna TV Acquires The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Who's the Boss? and More
Dancing with the Stars Cast for Season 28; Lilly Singh Gets NBC Primetime Special
Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)


New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


View Poll Results: Do you believe Jeffrey MacDonald's story?
Yes-- He's been wrongly convicted 47 29.75%
No-- He's a convict and he's where he belongs 82 51.90%
The jury's still deliberating 29 18.35%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-27-2009, 10:30 AM   #106
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Senior Member
 
TracyLynnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 07, 2009
Posts: 3,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cami
What special assignment in Russia? Aaaaahahaha that's Mac thinking he's more important than he is. He was a doctor why would have be "specially assigned" to Russia.
Well, that's what they called it on the episode of Notorious. A "voluntary special assignment". Maybe he just asked to get transferred out of the country to get away from his wife and kids and he called it a "special assignment" to make himself sound all Green Beret Bigshot.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:32 AM   #107
cami
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 05, 2009
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
It would be a waste of both your time and mine for me to argue this. However I will for the last time make try to make things clear from my point of view. Yes blood doesnt 'lie'. It cannot talk as far as I can tell. Yup Blackburn is the innocent man. Not. Yeah he pled guilty 10 years after the fact but was/is a lifelong scumbag. I love it how you give the former prosecutor a free pass but yet you take MacDonald where there is really nothing but your own speculation and innuendo and you constantly label him a guilty man when the evidence just is not there. Yes forensic evidence does not 'lie' which by the way is a common term used by prosecutors and pro-prosecutor hacks into misleading people into believing that forensic evidence is never wrong. Forensic evidence can be tainted, it can be misinterpreted. The blood being in different rooms really proves nothing. It certainly does not prove MacDonald murdered his own family. I love how you are perfectly willing to speculate about MacDonald but everyone else is off limits. Again, MacDonald was not perfect, he was a cheater and at best an aloof father. However that does not make him a killer. But juries and prosecutors get things wrong. It happens. You have yet to acknowledge this. Basically I am not arguing with you anymore about MacDonald's innocence. I believe he is innocent, you believe he is guilty. Someone else could be proven to be the killer and you would still believe MacDonald was guilty. Anyway, I am done with this particular thread as the point has been talked to death.
Are you serious???? The blood in different rooms proves nothing. Well how about the five blood spots on Mac's pajama top in Colette's blood? Blood that got spattered there prior to the top being ripped? How did that happen if the top was ripped in the living room by the hippies? Colette's blood in Kris's room means she was beaten there brutally, cast-off blood was all over the walls and ceiling. Her blood was on Kristen's top sheet in large quantities. MacDonald's footprint exits the room made in Colette's blood. Where's Mac's blood in the living room where he says he fought for his life and lives of his family?

How can you claim Mac is innocent when you don't know the physical evidence against him? Sheesh

Oh and Colette was found in the master bedroom so someone carried her from Kris's room back to the MB...drug crazed hippies...yeah right.

Last edited by cami; 03-27-2009 at 02:00 PM.
cami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:42 AM   #108
cami
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 05, 2009
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
Well, that's what they called it on the episode of Notorious. A "voluntary special assignment". Maybe he just asked to get transferred out of the country to get away from his wife and kids and he called it a "special assignment" to make himself sound all Green Beret Bigshot.
Yeah I agree he tried to make it sound like he was a bigshot...making sure latrines were cleaned was not his idea of the "golden boy's" career. See that's how the entertainment programs get things wrong. Mac tried to fool Colette that he was going with the boxing team to Russia. The boxing team had no schedule to go to Russia only to New Jersey where Mac's HS girlfriend lived.
cami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:15 PM   #109
cami
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 05, 2009
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
I was not suggesting she was less than intelligent. I was suggesting that she had the facts skewed. She believes in her point of view and that is fine. I was merely challenging it and in that particular sentence I went to far with it. If it offended her I apologize, that should not have happened. I never asked for your comments to be edited thinman, I do not know who did but it was not me. So I guess that is why I cannot figure out why you decided to get involved? I have researched both sides of the MacDonald case to the best of my ability. In fact, when I first learned about this case, I too believed he did it. I read 'Fatal Vison' I looked at the anti-MacDonald websites and thought that was the only side to the story. However then I read the book 'Fatal Justice' which is basically a counter-attack of 'Fatal Vison' and saw the UM segment and looked at Pro-MacDonald websites. I then compared the two versions and found that overall, it made more sense that MacDonald did not do it. If Cami or you (thinman) or anyone else did this and came to the exact opposite conclusion than that is fine. I have no issue with that. It would show you did your research. It was not my intent to offend anyone, I just get irritated sometimes and go over the top. It happens. I deserved to have my comments edited in that instance because I went too far with the comment. However I was not saying she was not intelligent, I was saying she may have not looked at all the facts. I should have said that in a better way.
Actually I've researched this case for years, it's you who has not looked at all the facts. I've read every book including Fatal Justice. I have every television program and movie on tape, except for the Dick Cavette interview which is impossible to find. There's a whole website of court documents, lab documents, medical documents, witness statements, autospy results, etc. for you to research. Until you've done that, you're the one who is not looking at all the facts.

No, I don't take offense at what you called me. I know I'm right on this case. I could allege that you're not very intelligent if you believe that blood evidence doesn't matter but I won't because I'm not like that.
cami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:28 PM   #110
Thinman
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 08, 2005
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cami
Are you serious???? The blood in different rooms proves nothing. Well how about the five blood spots on Mac's pajama top in Colette's blood? Blood that got spattered there prior to the top being ripped? How did that happen if the top was ripped in the living room by the hippies? Colette's blood in Kris's room means she was beaten there brutally, cast-off blood was all over the walls and ceiling. Her blood was on Kristen's top sheet in large quantities. MacDonald's footprint exits the room made in Colette's blood. Where's Mac's blood in the living room where he says he fought for his life and lives of his family?

How can you claim Mac is innocent when you don't know the physical evidence against him? Sheesh

Oh and Colette was found in the master bedroom so someone carried her from Kris's room back to the MB...drug crazed hippies...yeah right.
Thank you. He says there is "no evidence against Mac". What in the hell is all the blood, hair, and fibers? The evidence against Mac is so ungodly insurmountable that it is laughable.
Thinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:38 AM   #111
cami
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 05, 2009
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinman
Thank you. He says there is "no evidence against Mac". What in the hell is all the blood, hair, and fibers? The evidence against Mac is so ungodly insurmountable that it is laughable.
LOL, I agree. Blood means nothing to this poster because a 17-year old little girl, attention seeker, drug addict with a psychoid personality confessed. Never mind that none of her so called confessions had anything to do with the crime committed since they were so at odds with the physical evidence found. Oh and Blackburn is a scumbag. Proof of Mac's innocence.

Ice pick baby killer.
cami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:40 AM   #112
cami
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 05, 2009
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cami
Actually I've researched this case for years, it's you who has not looked at all the facts. I've read every book including Fatal Justice. I have every television program and movie on tape, except for the Dick Cavette interview which is impossible to find. There's a whole website of court documents, lab documents, medical documents, witness statements, autospy results, etc. for you to research. Until you've done that, you're the one who is not looking at all the facts.

No, I don't take offense at what you called me. I know I'm right on this case. I could allege that you're not very intelligent if you believe that blood evidence doesn't matter but I won't because I'm not like that.
I stand corrected. Apparently there is an UM program of this case. I have never seen it on tv and I don't have a copy of it...but I have everything else.
cami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #113
psychoticstate
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 15, 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 6
Default

Wow, passions really are flaming in this thread, aren't they?

I have been interested in the MacDonald case since 1984 or 1985. Like cami, I have read or viewed nearly every publication or program on this case. For a long time, I believed MacDonald was innnocent. Then I believed he did not get a fair trial, at the least. My opinion changed within the last several months, upon finding CM's website and reading it thoroughly, as well as her book. Now I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that Jeffrey MacDonald DID murder his wife and his two daughters.

Reading about Colette and the girls' wounds is very different from seeing the actual crime scene and autopsy photos. To suggest that MacDonald's wounds were anywhere near as severe as theirs is blatantly ridiculous. Colette and the girls were overkilled. Why bash in the skull of a 5 year old, or stab a 2 year old 33 times - - neither of whom could identify anyone - - and leave the male Green Beret alive and well? MacDonald had a slight bump on his forehead, not even torn skin - - but his wife's skin was torn down to her skull and his daughter had a piece of cheekbone protruding through her skin. MacDonald had one shallow puncture wound and one stab wound in his midsection (that caused the partial collapse of his lung) - - Colette had been stabbed in the chest many times, Kimberley had been stabbed in the neck over half a dozen times and Kristen was stabbed repeatedly in the back. Check out the pictures. It's obscene. No way in any rational, sensible world can MacDonald's injuries be compared to theirs.

Further, reading the entirety of the Article 32 transcript, and not just portions that were published in Fatal Vision and Fatal Justice, will help you to realize that MacDonald's story just cannot possibly happen the way he says it does. Are we to believe that drugged out hippies with a personal grudge against MacDonald - - who just happened to almost exactly resemble acquaintances of his brother's, by the way - - came in thru the back door of the residence, walked thru the master bedroom without awakening Colette, walk by MacDonald on the sofa without awakening him, go to the kitchen and sort thru Colette's messy (per MacDonald's statements) kitchen drawers to find the knife and ice pick and then go back thru the family room, again without awakening MacDonald, to attack and kill Colette and the children (of course, not counting finding the club), despite the fact that MacDonald was apparently their target? Don't forget the fact that there were no footprints found at the scene, other than MacDonald's, no grass that was brought in from the outside, despite it being a rainy night - - other than grass found on the hem of MacDonald's own bathrobe and the murder weapons were property of the MacDonald family, which the alleged intruders conveniently left, nice and neat, under a bush outside the MacDonald back door. And based on the blood evidence, the intruders were kind enough to carry Colette back to the master bedroom and Kimberley back to her room and even tuck her into bed with her security blanket. Also based on the blood evidence, despite MacDonald claiming to have been beaten about the head with the club used to bludgeon Colette and Kimberley (which I would assume would have been in a bloody condition), not one drop of his blood (or Colette's or Kimberley's) was found in the living room. Cast off blood spatter was found in the master bedroom, Kimberley's bedroom and Kristen's bedroom but not in the living room. In fact, MacDonald's blood was only found in the hall bathroom and in the kitchen, outside a cabinet containing surgeon's gloves.

Read the Article 32 hearing transcript and wonder why MacDonald would refer to his family as "some people" (as in "some people have been stabbed") and call the people he claims killed his family as the "alleged intruders". Seeing as how MacDonald is the one alleging such people attacked and killed his family, it's very unsettling.

Once again, as someone who used to believe MacDonald was innocent, the physical evidence is monumentally overwhelming. The blood evidence, the fiber evidence, the DNA evidence points to no one but Jeffrey MacDonald.
psychoticstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:12 PM   #114
Mastermind
Member
Senior Member
 
Mastermind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 16, 2008
Posts: 1,842
Default

This is another one of those cases where I think people are too close to the flame here to give unbiased opinions.

This is another example of a case where because it's been so many years, facts have been distorted, faded and contadicted.

For every argument that Mac is innocent, there's an equally compelling one that damns him. and there seems to books and mountains of info to back up either side. It;s like the Jon Benet Ramsey case.

This is why it;s so important for cases to be solved within the 1st 48 hrs. It's the period where the evidence is the most clearest. where the case has no bias. Where the evidence leads the investigation.

When a stories this old, it become difficult to tell what is a fact and what isn;t.

When you have a bias, it;s like a rorshach test. if your already thinking of the butterfly, of course your going to see the butterfly.

The good detective is the one that case look a the blotch objectiveley and see all the images within the blotch and make a rational decision that there is one true image in there
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:29 PM   #115
MegtheEgg86
Member
Senior Member
 
MegtheEgg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 4,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
This is another one of those cases where I think people are too close to the flame here to give unbiased opinions.

This is another example of a case where because it's been so many years, facts have been distorted, faded and contadicted.

For every argument that Mac is innocent, there's an equally compelling one that damns him. and there seems to books and mountains of info to back up either side. It;s like the Jon Benet Ramsey case.

This is why it;s so important for cases to be solved within the 1st 48 hrs. It's the period where the evidence is the most clearest. where the case has no bias. Where the evidence leads the investigation.

When a stories this old, it become difficult to tell what is a fact and what isn;t.

When you have a bias, it;s like a rorshach test. if your already thinking of the butterfly, of course your going to see the butterfly.


Amen. Agreed on all points. I certainly understand this forum is about discussing these cases and allowing everyone to vocalize their thoughts, theories, and opinions, but I have to admit, everytime this thread gets bumped I roll my eyes. No one is going to convince anyone with a very firm opinion on this case that it could've gone down any other way, so I honestly don't see why the same points are continually being argued between the same handful of posters.
__________________
"Why is she lying?, it makes me wonder. What is she hiding?, it makes me wonder."

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:40 PM   #116
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Senior Member
 
TracyLynnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 07, 2009
Posts: 3,087
Default

They were showing something on tv the other day and I saw "kill the pigs" written in blood on a wall.

Wasn't that written on the wall at the McDonald crime scene?

I paid closer attention to the tv once I saw that. Turns out, it was about the mansons.

The same quote, written in blood, just like the mansons, at the second murder scene, on the opposite side of the country, makes me think mac set it up, not that drugged out hippies did a copy cat killing.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:27 AM   #117
peachysquirt21
Member
Forum Regular
 
peachysquirt21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 27, 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
They were showing something on tv the other day and I saw "kill the pigs" written in blood on a wall.

Wasn't that written on the wall at the McDonald crime scene?

I paid closer attention to the tv once I saw that. Turns out, it was about the mansons.

The same quote, written in blood, just like the mansons, at the second murder scene, on the opposite side of the country, makes me think mac set it up, not that drugged out hippies did a copy cat killing.
I believe it was written on Mac & Colette's bedframe.
peachysquirt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #118
psychoticstate
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 15, 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86


Amen. Agreed on all points. I certainly understand this forum is about discussing these cases and allowing everyone to vocalize their thoughts, theories, and opinions, but I have to admit, everytime this thread gets bumped I roll my eyes. No one is going to convince anyone with a very firm opinion on this case that it could've gone down any other way, so I honestly don't see why the same points are continually being argued between the same handful of posters.

I am not assuming your post was directed at me, but this was my first post not only to this thread but to this board. I didn't make a post simply to repost the "same points" by the "same handful of posters" (which, BTW, could also be argued for people who are pro-MacDonald). I thought that perhaps an opinion from someone who thought for years that MacDonald was innocent, only to change her view, might be appreciated. For those people who are on the fence about this case, CM's website is an invaluable source. For the record, CM herself thought MacDonald was innocent, she actually attended his trial and only began believing in his guilt once she read the actual legal documents, viewed photos, etc.

And peachysquirt is right - - the word "PIG" was written in Colette's blood on the headboard of her bed.
psychoticstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #119
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Senior Member
 
TracyLynnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 07, 2009
Posts: 3,087
Default

Knowing Meg, I'm SURE it was not directed at you, psychoticstate. Stick around long enough, and you'll find out how weird we are here. LOL Heck, half the time I'm arguing with someone in one thread, and agreeing with them in another. Somehow we manage to stay friends.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #120
peachysquirt21
Member
Forum Regular
 
peachysquirt21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 27, 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoticstate
I am not assuming your post was directed at me, but this was my first post not only to this thread but to this board. I didn't make a post simply to repost the "same points" by the "same handful of posters" (which, BTW, could also be argued for people who are pro-MacDonald). I thought that perhaps an opinion from someone who thought for years that MacDonald was innocent, only to change her view, might be appreciated. For those people who are on the fence about this case, CM's website is an invaluable source. For the record, CM herself thought MacDonald was innocent, she actually attended his trial and only began believing in his guilt once she read the actual legal documents, viewed photos, etc.

And peachysquirt is right - - the word "PIG" was written in Colette's blood on the headboard of her bed.
Yesterday I spent the majority of the day looking over CM's website. Before doing this, I also had the opinion that MacDonald was innocent. After looking over that website, boy has my opinon changed. I didnt even get to read half of what is posted on her site & I have now come to the conclusion that there is no way anyone else specially these so called 4 intruders comitted this crime. MacDonald commited this crime. If anyone is still on the fence about this case, I suggest you check out CM's website. It has alot of very detailed info about this case from the beginning to the end. Now I just do not see how anyone could think MacDonald is innocent.
peachysquirt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.