Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: ABC; Antenna TV Acquires The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Who's the Boss? and More
Dancing with the Stars Cast for Season 28; Lilly Singh Gets NBC Primetime Special
Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series


New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2008, 08:39 PM   #61
Corky Kneivel
Member
Forum Regular
 
Corky Kneivel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 12, 2007
Location: Sacratomato
Posts: 534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachysquirt21
The known facts don't support a suicide. They support more of foul play was involved.

Nuh-UHHH!!!!
Corky Kneivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:35 PM   #62
peachysquirt21
Member
Forum Regular
 
peachysquirt21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 27, 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 454
Default

There is no evidence to support a reason for him to commit suicide. There is no evidence that he was depressed, no evidence that he hated his job. There is no reason given that is plausable for him to commit suicde.

The possible theories given here to even support a suicide IMO are way to weak. Just like that ridiculous reason the cops gave for Tony to commit sucide. That is the most asinine thing I have ever heard & they should bow there heads in shame for even coming up with that theory let alone the poor job they did on this case.

I just don't know how anyone can ignore that this guy had at least 2 death threats against him & then ends up dead. Come on, that is no coicindence.

To each is own tho...
peachysquirt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:18 AM   #63
GaryJ06
Member
Frequent Poster
 
GaryJ06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 28, 2007
Posts: 77
Default

i agree..they probably would have never taken the case. Despite being moved towards suicide at one point, I still can't shake the bullet trajectory aspect.
I am also by no means a member of the tinfoil hat alliance, but Burkett's "suicide" was about as shady as Vince Foster's (funny how many government officials raided his office through a police seal, and how some went in and took files etc BEFORE they found his body. I also love how some of his personal files were found in the private residence of the white house with only one person's prints on them...i'll leave speculation at that)
GaryJ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:28 PM   #64
peachysquirt21
Member
Forum Regular
 
peachysquirt21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 27, 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryJ06
i agree..they probably would have never taken the case. Despite being moved towards suicide at one point, I still can't shake the bullet trajectory aspect.
I am also by no means a member of the tinfoil hat alliance, but Burkett's "suicide" was about as shady as Vince Foster's (funny how many government officials raided his office through a police seal, and how some went in and took files etc BEFORE they found his body. I also love how some of his personal files were found in the private residence of the white house with only one person's prints on them...i'll leave speculation at that)
I had done some major reading on the Vince Foster case & don't know how they can claim he committed suicide. I was surprised to read what all took place with that case & for certain ones to still claim he committed sucide.
peachysquirt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:58 PM   #65
GaryJ06
Member
Frequent Poster
 
GaryJ06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 28, 2007
Posts: 77
Default

i know, it does seem very shady, like I wonder what he really knew and if it was enough to get him killed
GaryJ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:33 PM   #66
kamy
UM Fanatic
Forum Regular
 
kamy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 25, 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachysquirt21
I had done some major reading on the Vince Foster case & don't know how they can claim he committed suicide. I was surprised to read what all took place with that case & for certain ones to still claim he committed sucide.
I posted about this a while back, talking about the Foster/Burkett murder/suicide (whatever you wish to call it) and didn't get much of a response on it, (except Corky and Dark Dante) so it's nice to see people are taking an interest in it now.

Here's a link to the old thread....it also discusses the boys on the track murder.....

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...82#post3671482


LE must really think the public is stupid enough to buy a suicide verdict when most if not all the facts point to another theory. You'd think they would try to do a better job covering their tracks.....
kamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:39 AM   #67
Corky Kneivel
Member
Forum Regular
 
Corky Kneivel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 12, 2007
Location: Sacratomato
Posts: 534
Default this has gotten tedious

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
I'm real sure Unsolved Mysteries would chose to air the Burkett and Lombardi cases if they were 100%, definitely, positively, blatantly obvious suicides. UM would be considered a joke show, and wouldn't have lasted a year in that case.
Yeah...it definitely would tarnish the reputation of the show that aired such high brow intellectual offerings such as:

The Death Chair
The Good Luck Rock
Fertility Statues
Skunk Ape

I mean a television show titled UNSOLVED MYSTERIES, wouldn't benefit AT ALL from taking a solved case and presenting it to look much more...oh I don't know...MYSTERIOUS. Would it? And as much as you want to repeat the words bullet trajectory bullet trajectory bullet trajectory, you have no professionals stating that the bullet trajectory is explainable and that this is anything but a solved case.


I stopped replying to you because it seems like for some reason you're getting all emotional just because we disagree on this thing. You've been in a bunch since before I even went into any long explanation of my opinions, back when I had said in a couple of different replies in a couple of different threads that I strongly disagreed with the opinions that thjis was a murder and that I would be soon replying. Remember back when you "personally challenged" me to prove you wrong? WTH? Since then your replies have been filled with snide comments and smilies rolling their eyes. I've never criticized any of you for the opinions you hold, or how much we disagree, I just gave reasons why I thought those opinions weren't plausible.



Not only that wiseguy182, I kinda got tired of retyping the same things over and over again just so you could ignore, misconstrue, and misinterpret them. I can't tell if you're doing it on purpose or not, but it just gets repetitious when I say something and then in your very next reply you make statements as if I've never addressed that topic.

The one thing that has gotten me bothered in this whole thing, and why I chose to reply, is your repeated insistence, along with peachysquirt21's, about my comments regarding Tony's emotional state. I stated, at least twice, that this was purely MY OPINION, that it was all conjecture, and I know I said at least once that I NEVER MEANT TO IMPUNE THE MAN'S LIFE. Yet you two are continually going back to this and misconstrucing my statements.

R.I.F.

I stated that these were my opinions and I would assume that logically that means I'm basing my theories on those opinions. Yet here comes wiseguy182 to give another smartass reply about how he loves how I'm stating my opinions as facts. I mean what does that even mean!??! Should I state my opinions and then set up theories contradicting them? I mean I only said it in plain English that I understood this was all pure conjecture.

What's more, you couldn't even get it straight what I said about the Tommy Burkett case!! Do you actually read the posts or just choose to remember the parts you want to disagree with?
Corky Kneivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:07 PM   #68
Corky Kneivel
Member
Forum Regular
 
Corky Kneivel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 12, 2007
Location: Sacratomato
Posts: 534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182

Your comment that Lombardi was worthless because he was 22 and living at home and had a crap job is extremely offensive.

This is exactly what I'm talking about right here. If you need to deliberately change what I say just so you can argue with me then your argument isn't valid in the first place.

Real slow…for you wiseguy182…once more…
I even said that this wasn’t MY opinion of the guy, but in MY OPINION it was the way HE felt about himself!!
Corky Kneivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:20 PM   #69
crystaldawn
Member
Senior Member
 
crystaldawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 17, 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,123
Default

Okay enough with the bickering. You guys need to agree to disagree and move on.
__________________
www.lostnfoundblogs.com
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:58 PM   #70
Corky Kneivel
Member
Forum Regular
 
Corky Kneivel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 12, 2007
Location: Sacratomato
Posts: 534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
Okay enough with the bickering. You guys need to agree to disagree and move on.

**KICKS CARPET**

Aww gee whiz, mom! HE started it!!
Corky Kneivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:13 AM   #71
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Moderator
Senior Member
 
LooksLikeCRicci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 27, 2005
Posts: 3,722
Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci
Default

*sigh* Do I have to put my mediator hat on and start charging you two $150 an hour to settle these issues?

LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:36 AM   #72
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 11, 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,892
Default

Wow, well, I disagreed with Corky's opinion, but I do not think Corky was saying that Lombardi or that he was somehow a worthless human being and therefore should have killed himself. Heck, I am 23 years old, a part-time college student, unemployed, and havent yet accomplished what I want to in life, and have a drunk driving arrest, I would certainly hope Corky doesnt think anyone in this type of situation should wind up with a bullet in them? Corky, I am kidding, I know you dont think Lombardi deserved to die. Also, CRicci, thanks for the PM, I will respond to it sometime later today.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:41 PM   #73
Corky Kneivel
Member
Forum Regular
 
Corky Kneivel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 12, 2007
Location: Sacratomato
Posts: 534
Default

I watched this segment again the other night, this time with all the extended, special, un-rated, "director's cut" bonus footage - (thanks Crystaldawn and wiseguy182) - and to me this is still so obviously a suicide.

I'd be interested in seeing how the board swings...was it suicide? Or murrrdeeerrrrrrr (said all creepily and eery)
Corky Kneivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:19 PM   #74
crystaldawn
Member
Senior Member
 
crystaldawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 17, 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky Kneivel
I watched this segment again the other night, this time with all the extended, special, un-rated, "director's cut" bonus footage - (thanks Crystaldawn and wiseguy182) - and to me this is still so obviously a suicide.

I'd be interested in seeing how the board swings...was it suicide? Or murrrdeeerrrrrrr (said all creepily and eery)
I definitely think he was murdered.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:12 PM   #75
Pixies
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 18, 2008
Location: Fairyland
Posts: 14
Default

I think it was suicide.
Pixies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:57 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.