Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season
Fox to Air Holiday Comedy Series; CBS and Viacom to Combine
The Flintstones Coming to MeTV in Fall 2019; Lifetime Tackles The College Admissions Scandal
Freeform Celebrates 30 Days of Disney in September; A-List Stars Visit Fox's Animation Domination This Fall
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 12, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Emmy Awards to Go Without Host; New Caroline in the City DVDs Arrive

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-19-2007, 11:22 PM   #16
phillipscurve
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Billings
This case was on UM yesterday.

Unrelated to this case....what channel now carries UM? I didnt think UM was airing anyplace?

kadrmas15 made that post in June 2006, when LRW still carried UM.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:28 AM   #17
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Well, personally, I dont know why it is viewed as arrogance on the part's of Tony's friends and family to think he was murdered when there was conclusive evidence to show that he was. The cops excuse was lame, they claim he killed himself because he had been arrested for drunk driving? I have been arrested for drunk driving myself, I know everyone isnt the same but the thought of offing myself because I was arrested for a misdemeanor while embarassing didnt put me on the brink of suicide.

What convinced me that it was a murder was the location of the bullet, the physical injuries to Tony to suggest that he was held forcibly down, and there were other factors. However, once the police came to the conclusion it was suicide, they werent going to back off from that even though basically nothing backed up their conclusion that it was suicide, except their lame theory that he offed himself because he was just in so much internal turmoil over his dui arrest.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:53 AM   #18
peachysquirt21
Forum Regular

I don't know how anyone can believe or even sugest for that matter that he committed suicide. The very first time I watched this story, I did not believe there was any possibility that he could have committed suicide. To even sugest it in this case is just ridiculous IMO. He had bruises on his chest, his watch was broken, the bullet hole was alot lower then where his head was positioned. For LE to even rule this as a suicide just floors me. Especially them given the reason for him to commit suicide.

If I was a friend or family member, I be very upset & angry with LE for suggesting there conclusion on Tony's death.
peachysquirt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 12:56 AM   #19
wiseguy182

Crystaldawn: thank you for putting this segment on volume 7. I feel obligated to mention that I have a fuller version of the segment somewhere, that contains a bit about Tony receving another death threat the week he died, from somebody else. Apparently he was involved in some sort of traffic altercation, and that person followed him home and threatened his life. I believe this was in the company of his father. I think at the time they just wrote it off as somebody that was just steamed at the moment, but I feel this is important to the case, so I thought I would mention it.

the other death threat came from a man that was living with one of the ladies Tony was seeing. I am leaning towards this person being responsible. And I do think he was murdered. I don't really understand the posters that are saying there is no evidence that he committed suicide: we have not one, but two death threats from two different people in the same week, a boatload of bruises on his chest, a broken jaw, a broken watch on the floor, the light going on/off in his room thing, a virtually impossible bullet trajectory for the angle he was found dead at. And no evidence?! sheesh.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 09:12 AM   #20
wiseguy182

I just watched the extended version. There was also a witness (in this case a neighbor) to the other death threat Tony received (the traffic altercation one) and this person also was not contacted by the police. sounds like another case of shoddy police work to me.

an important aspect of the case I don't think has been brought up before: That Tony missed work. It doesn't give a timeframe, but one would have to conclued that its several hours he missed, then was found dead later that night at home. This would mean that Tony had been dead for some time in the room, and that the light that Cheryl saw would have had to been turned on by the killers. This would mean that the killer(s) were suprised by Cheryl's entry into the house late an night, which would make sense: they probably figured that middle aged housewives coming home late at night was pretty atypical, and thus weren't planning on anyone coming into the house.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 08:52 PM   #21
Corky Kneivel
Forum Regular

Man I am waaaayyy in the minority on this one because I don’t agree with any of you that think he was murdered. To me its blatantly obvious that Tony Lombardi killed himself.

This is the only “cops say suicide, family says murder” UM segment I feel 100% positive the cops got right. I think the police did their job correctly and efficiently. I saw nothing in the segment that would not be explainable with “suicide” scenario, as usually happens with these types of segments, and nothing was offered to have me think he had a serious threat to his life. Quite the contrary, I feel like all the evidence presented would have me hollering “suicide” even if the segment was presented without an official police stance on the matter. Say they found it to be an “undetermined” cause of death, for example, I still would feel like it was a suicide based on my impression of what was presented. I think Tony’s friend is not a credible source. I think his mother owes the police dept. an apology.
Corky Kneivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 11:05 PM   #22
kadrmas15

I dont know, I dont know how anyone could think this was a suicide, except for the cops who due to their personal dislike of Tony Lombardi for a DUI arrest he had, plus the fact they didnt really feel like doing their jobs, wrote it off a suicide even though in my opinion there was nothing to suggest that it was a suicide. THis sort of reminds me of the Kathy Bonderson case, just another example of the police writing off a murder and labeling a suicide, no investigation, case closed. That seems to be what both the cops and Korky for some reason are doing.

Basically, I wonder, why you are so adamant that it not only was not a murder, but by your theory there is no way possible that it could have been a murder. I wonder how you came to that conclusion? Why would his friend lie? I mean, yes, of course we would expect families to not want to admit their loved ones committed suicide and that in some cases they would rather have a person jailed for a murder that didnt happen then just admit their loved one didnt kill themselves.

However in this case I feel it is pretty obvious that Lombardi was a suicide. He had defensive wounds, the line of trejectory for the bullet made zero sense, Lombardi had received death threats in the weeks and months before his murder. I think the Westerville, Ohio police decided from the moment they walked in the house that it was a suicide, no if's, and's or but's about it. Once they decided it was a suicide that was the end of the investigation and they were not interesting in even considering the possibility this was a murder.

Then again, this is Corky so I can never really tell if he is being serious or joking, I usually get a kick out of your posts because they are quite funny and entertaining.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:56 AM   #23
kadrmas15

I think Corky is joking, I just dont know how he could be serious here, but he has such a quirky sense of humor it can be really hard to tell when he is joking and when he is being serious.

Wiseguy, you hit the nail on the head, there is just no doubt in my mind that Tony Lombardi was murdered. There was the broken watch on the floor, the body injuries, the sign of a struggle, Lombardi had received death threats on at least two occassions in the days and weeks before his death. The trajectory of the bullet was not even close to matching with a suicide.

Yet the Westerville, Ohio Police's explanation for all of this? Tony killed himself out of a deep depressing he had from being arrested for drunk driving and having his license possibly suspended for up to 90 days! That is the best they could come up with? I mean, geese, if they were going to completely write off this investigation and pass it off as a suicide, you would think they would at least come up with a better explaination than that.

This reminds me eerily of the Tommy Burkett case, another case where I just cant believe the cops got away with writing these off as suicides and that being case closed. However, in the case of Burkett he knew too much about drugs and the cops avoided the case like the plague because the feds told them to stay out of it.

There are certain other cases that I have always wondered though when the cops say suicide and the family says murder, of whether they were really murders or not. Danny Williams is one I tend to think was probably a suicide too.

I think Raeann Mossor is a toss-up, it is just really hard to tell, I do kind of find that odd though how the police wrote off her ex-boyfriend as a suspect. What would clinch it for me one way or the other would be if it were identified who the gun that killed her belonged to. I mean who the heck goes around carrying a rifle in their car?

Other ones that I am just unsure of, one that I actually lean towards suicide is Jeffrey Digman, I dont know what it is about it, I just have always found that strange how he was killed, but then again, I cant be sure that he killed himself, mainly because of the Marines going through his journal and ripping pages out of it.

That Chad guy that was in the Army that was an MP, I dont think he killed himself, that one at least to me was an obvious murder. Most of these cases I wouldnt be comfortable saying the person for sure committed suicide, Kathy Bonderson was another obvious murder, I mean it just amazes me how some of these cops either unintentionally or on purpose bungle these cases so badly.

Kenneth Ingy was one where it wasnt a suicide or a murder I dont think, it was an accident. Norman Ladner I lean towards either a murder or possibly an accident shooting but I dont think it was a suicide. Clarence Roberts killed himself but not until the 2nd fire. That Ralph guy that was in the Army was murdered as was Danny Casolaro.

Again, these are all my opinions they could be wrong.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:59 PM   #24
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
Blatantly obvious eh? Let me recap the 5 signs that point to murder

1. broken watch on floor
2. bruises on chest
3. trajectory for bullet
4. light on in room
5. death threats
#4. Don't forget that the light was on when his mom came home, then went off. Or was it the reverse? In any case, there was some switching of the light switch AFTER Tony was dead.

Random note: I love these boards because there's no telling WHICH case is going to be the next hotly contested case.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 05:20 PM   #25
Corky Kneivel
Forum Regular

This is awesome! I like this dialogue and debating over the case and I will respond to this email shortly, I promise.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:35 AM   #26
kadrmas15

Still waiting: I am not counting on a sensible response though since the stuff you were claiming is so ridiculous there is no way you could even try to back it up.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:58 AM   #27
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
Still waiting: I am not counting on a sensible response though since the stuff you were claiming is so ridiculous there is no way you could even try to back it up.
Lets remember that this is a message board and everyone should be able to state their opinions without being criticized for it. I personally think Lombardi was murdered as do a lot of posters but its interesting that Corky disagrees so he can give us his reasons and then we can have a friendly debate, not argument, on the case.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:09 PM   #28
Corky Kneivel
Forum Regular

Let me begin by saying that I have tried a couple times to completely write out how I feel about this case and have never been satisfied enough with what I wrote to warrant posting it. Hopefully the third time will be the charm.

While going over in my mind how I want to reply I have gone back and forth about which is the best way to state my case. I hope you all will indulge me as I try to separate my breakdown and analyzing of the known evidence, as presented by the segment, from my responses and challenges to poster’s comments. I apologize in advance if it gets too convoluted or confusing, but please highlight and specify any passages that need further erudition from me.

And now…on with the show….

My initial gut reaction to the segment was that Tony Lombardi, while in a deeply depressed state of mind, decided things had gotten too tough and were soon to get tougher, and offed himself in his bed with a gun. I still think this is exactly what happened and don’t think anything has been presented to convince me otherwise.

To address some of the aspects of the segment:
The murder scenario, as described by Tony’s mom, states that the murderer was inside Tony’s room when his mom got home and indeed stayed in there for several hours, with the lights off, before leaving while mom was in her bedroom. She comes back out of her room and noticing that Tony’s bedroom light is now on, enters his room to discover him deceased. I have a problem with this recounting because I don’t feel the mom is credible. In her UM interview, and the way the recreation is presented, she hears a specific door noise which prompts her to come out to the hall. However, as the police officer interviewed in the segment reveals, in her original statement, while all the events are fresh in her mind, she couldn’t say what the noise was. When asked, “Was it a regular house noise” and given specific choices, one of which was a door being shut, she states “I don’t know what it was”. I find this inconsistency troubling and I think it discredits her later insistence that she specifically heard a door being shut, presumably the killers leaving, which leads her to find Tony. Extrapolating from that, coupled with the officer’s revelation that she needed time to calm down and make her statement, I don’t count her story of the lights going from off to on as being credible either. Not only because I find her to be is lacking in credit, to me the whole situation HIGHLY unlikely.

Remember what Robert Stack says is the one thing everyone agrees on, that Tony was dead long before his mom ever came home at midnight. So a killer comes to the house, murders Tony, and then hangs around for several hours, in the dark, until someone else comes home? Then the killer decides to hang around even longer, all the while in possession of a working and fully loaded gun, already having overpowered and murdered a 22 year old man, and is afraid to come out and leave while a middle aged woman is alone in the house doing laundry?

Let’s also ponder all the necessary factors of the murder scenario. A murderer, presumably the man who was heard threatening Tony’s life in the weeks before his death, has come to the house at a time when it is just Tony alone and naked in bed. If it IS this man, we can assume he came with the intent to kill as the family and friend contend this man has threatened to do that very thing. So if we assume he came to kill, I think we can assume he brought the gun with him**. This man kills Tony, after somehow getting in and overpowering him naked in his bed, engages in the bizarre “hanging around in the dark” behavior described above, and then leaves the gun there?!?

** - I think the gun belonged to the Lombardis. Its never stated in the UM segment but if it wasn’t somehow connected to the family I think the family would point to a strange gun being found at the scene as proof positive of a murder. I also think if it wasn’t traceable to the Lombardi family the police would have explained in the segment that they investigated and surmised Tony copped a gun in secret. The fact that it’s never mentioned leads me to believe the gun belonged in that house.

So now let’s explore the murder scenario with the gun belonging in the house.
In this scenario I think there are two options:
1. The killer comes to the house with the intent to kill and brings his own gun along.
2. The killer comes to the house, with whatever intent, and carries no gun.
Either way, the killer somehow ends up in the house in possession of the Lombardi’s gun. Did he know where to find it? Did it he overpower Tony and get control of it? Did he use his own gun to order Tony to go and get his own gun? What possible scenario makes sense for a killer to come into a house, unarmed, somehow obtain possession of the family gun, and then overpower and murder a physically fit 22 year old man with no signs of struggle in the house? If you are pointing to Tony’s bruised chest, broken watch, and broken jaw as being signs of an altercation then I would counter by saying that those are some serious wounds to sustain while there is absolutely NO evidence of a fight occurring. No kicked over chairs, no scraped knuckles on Tony, no fibers or hairs or blood or anything from the killer.

A very bright and funny individual suggests that this was a “crime of passion”. I’m assuming that she means to suggest a scenario in which the killer came to the house, found Tony and a woman romantically engaged, and then murdered Tony in a fit of rage. This scenario doesn’t make sense to me because how many crimes of passion, fit of rage, type murders end with only a single bullet being fired? This scenario demands that a single bullet is fired after NO physical confrontation and in the all-too-common-UM-explanation “murder made to look like suicide” criminal-master-mind motif by someone who was apparently killing in the heat of the moment. That sounds like an awful lot of pre-meditation for a spur of the moment killing. And once again…there was no trace evidence of anyone else. Also, I think anyone going with the “killer interrupts a romantic engagement” scenario is automatically asserting that the investigating authorities seriously have zero clue as to what they’re doing. Not to be too graphic but let’s be serious adults here, a romantic entanglement lasting longer than 5 minutes will lead to a few identifiable fluids being present at the scene. Also considering Tony was a 22 year old man with a couple different girlfriends it would be a logical assumption that there might be a used condom or condom wrapper, or hell…he WAS 22 years old…perhaps 3 or 4 used condoms lying around. If this was a crime of passion, by name a very specific act involving elevated emotions and irrational behavior, it is the neatest and most well thought out crime of passion on record.

No physical trace evidence was mentioned by either the family or the police that Tony had company; no physical trace evidence to point to that a killer was ever present. The only suggestion that anyone else was in this house at all comes from Tony’s mom. You can criticize and condemn the investigation all you want but it’s baseless and has no foundation outside of “he said, she said”. In my opinion the police are the only ones who ever examined the case from all sides. Tony’s family and friends are the ones who have come to a conclusion and then fit the evidence to meet that conclusion. The police take the known facts, the presentable evidence, and come to the conclusion that speaks to.

Okay so this only briefly touches on the murder scenarios. I will add more later but I wanted to get this in so you can digest it and pick it apart as you see fit.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:32 PM   #29
crystaldawn

Wow that person who suggested this was a "crime of passion" sounds brilliant. I think I could discount the whole timeline of the mother and the light being off. It actually makes more sense to the murder theory which I believe. It didn't mention whether Tony had a habit of sleeping naked and quite possible his parents didn't know but considering all of the women Tony dated surely that fact could be easily found out by the authorities. They didn't produce anything going on in Tony's life that would have made him suicidal. Surely this guy going around dating a ton of girls sounds like he's enjoying his life and I certainly don't think a DUI would have made him want to end it all. Its quite possible the gun belonged to Tony. The fact there was one maybe two people out there threatening his life could have prompted him to get a gun for protection. I think the fact that he was naked (if it wasn't his nature to sleep that way) is another point in favor of it being a crime of passion. This man could have interrupted Tony with his girlfriend and possibly seen a gun that possibly Tony kept in plain sight, shot him with it and left. Who would commit suicide while they were naked - sounds a bit bizarre. No doubt there are probably at least a few people around town who know exactly who murdered Tony but are afraid to mention anything for fear of losing their own lives. Lets also remember that UM does leave out some key facts in order to substantiate the credible tips from the bogus ones so there could have been some evidence left at the crime scene that they just didn't mention.

Interesting and well thought out theory Corky but I still say murder.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:12 PM   #30
Corky Kneivel
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
I don't really understand the posters that are saying there is no evidence that he committed suicide: we have not one, but two death threats from two different people in the same week, , the light going on/off in his room thing, a virtually impossible bullet trajectory for the angle he was found dead at. And no evidence?! sheesh.

You keep pointing to the bullet trajectory as evidence. The bullet trajectory theory as provided by…who? That esteemed forensic analyst Dr. Cheryl Lombardi? The lady who said if “[she] doesn’t exceed in proving her son was murdered in this life, she’ll do it from eternity”? Well, I certainly understand why you’d throw in with her…I mean she’s obviously an unbiased and impartial authority with several years training in ballistics. I’ll even admit to this, make of what you will: I don’t understand what she’s saying about the pillows and the bullet. I’ve watched the segment about a half dozen times and I still don’t see how this is proof he was being held down and shot. Maybe you can use that as proof I’m too stupid to get it, or maybe you can explain it to me better.

More importantly though, I'm curious as to how "a boatload of bruises on his chest, a broken jaw, a broken watch on the floor" automatically mean that he was murdered? Those things prove murder about as much as a guy receiving a death threat in the weeks prior to his death. Uh…whoops. That’s another of the “rock solid” cornerstones of the murder theory.

Well I got a little theory, like to hear it?

Tony Lombardi was a depressed young man who was very unhappy with his life. In his eyes he worked a dead end factory job filling up cans of baby food, was prematurely balding, still lived with his mom and the baby food job wasn’t going to put enough cash in his pockets for his own place, and in recent weeks had a couple of altercations in which he needed his dad and his best friend to intercede and stick up for him. Here was a guy who felt emasculated, trapped, and absolutely terrified that life was going to get no better than this. Then, on top of all that, he gets arrested for a DUI. Not only does he lose his car, his last vestige of freedom, he now has a record and impending legal troubles.

ATTENTION: I know all of this, especially the DUI part, would not be enough to make any of us, or any other rational and sound-thinking individuals commit suicide. I know this. However in this scenario, which makes sense enough to the investigating authorities, we aren't dealing with someone who was thinking rationally. In this scenario, Tony had already broken with the basic human instinct for self preservation. Please do not dismiss a theory as to why someone would commit suicide with the deliberately misleading or incredibly naďve comment "nobody would kill themselves over a DUI". The DUI is just the excuse, the final bit of proof to the suicide that their life is worthless and they are better off dead.

And you know what?! Maybe the DUI WASN’T the straw that broke the camel’s back in this situation. Perhaps Tony did have a confrontation the night before with the guy threatening Tony’s life. Tony, full of self loathing and humiliated that he can’t fight his own fights and has his dad and friend step in for him, has a confrontation with this guy that leads to fisticuffs. Tony then gets his jaw broken in the fight, sustains bruises, and perhaps gets his watch broken holding his hands up trying to protect his face. He goes home and sleeps. He wakes up in the morning finally a broken and defeated young man. He cannot stand the humiliation, the pain from his jaw, nor the thought of going on any longer.
-----ORRRRRR-----
He has no altercation with the guy, yet still wakes up that morning feeling worse than the day before and not able to bear it getting much worse. He gets the family gun and lays in bed suffering an almost incomprehensibly tortuous depression in which he considers his life over and he considers himself worthless. He holds the gun and hits himself with it, punishing himself for being weak or for whatever he perceives as his flaws. He breaks his watch to signify the time of death for his family, holds his gun (where? Did they ever say the path the bullet traveled through Tony?) to his head and…it is over. The lights are on in his room. The gun is on the body where it has come to rest after the shot. Several hours later Tony’s mom hears the gun drop from the body to the floor and goes to investigate.

Without question I got some of the events wrong in my little scenario. Maybe Tony held the gun to his head with one hand while punching himself in the chest with other trying to get up the nerve to do the deed. Maybe Tony broke his jaw when his body jerked during the shot. Maybe he broke his watch the night before in an accident on the can line and THAT was the final straw. Maybe the gun hit the floor as soon as he shot himself. I’m just supposing with these theories. But these suppositions of events, or supposition of events similar, in my opinion tell the true story behind the tangible evidence; infinitely more plausibly than any murder theory does.