Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season
Fox to Air Holiday Comedy Series; CBS and Viacom to Combine

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #46
DALLASTEXAN!!

Double post sorry
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:24 PM   #47
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!!
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...ler05_CV_N.htm

This is a good read. Makes it tough to tell who the suspects might be.
Interesting article not only for the information itself, but for the couple of coincidental UM connections in it:

"It used to be the place to go. It used to be the safe haven," says Sgt. Pat Postiglione, a detective with the Metro Nashville (Tenn.) Police Department. "But now, I think the opposite is occurring."

Pat Postiglione was interviewed in the second season segment about the 1989 murder of Kevin Hughes.

An autopsy showed no signs of trauma, and a coroner's report completed last month indicated that Vaughn likely wasn't a murder victim. "Cocaine intoxication is what killed her," says Pickaway County Sheriff Dwight Radcliff. Derenberger is "not the smartest guy in the world," Radcliff says, "but I don't think he's a serial killer."

In the seventh season "Circleville Writer" segment, Dwight Radcliff figured in greatly, as he was mentioned in the Circleville letter actually sent to UM.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:09 PM   #48
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
Interesting article not only for the information itself, but for the couple of coincidental UM connections in it:

"It used to be the place to go. It used to be the safe haven," says Sgt. Pat Postiglione, a detective with the Metro Nashville (Tenn.) Police Department. "But now, I think the opposite is occurring."

Pat Postiglione was interviewed in the second season segment about the 1989 murder of Kevin Hughes.

An autopsy showed no signs of trauma, and a coroner's report completed last month indicated that Vaughn likely wasn't a murder victim. "Cocaine intoxication is what killed her," says Pickaway County Sheriff Dwight Radcliff. Derenberger is "not the smartest guy in the world," Radcliff says, "but I don't think he's a serial killer."

In the seventh season "Circleville Writer" segment, Dwight Radcliff figured in greatly, as he was mentioned in the Circleville letter actually sent to UM.
Yes there was a lot of um in that article. I also agree that there are so many different crimes like this not just in Ohio which makes it likely that there are multiple criminals. I found it interesting in another segment to hear bob stack reference someone to interstate killings in Ohio.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:09 AM   #49
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
I found it interesting in another segment to hear bob stack reference someone to interstate killings in Ohio.
Yes! I just saw this recently but for the life of me cannot remember the name of the man in the segment.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #50
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
Yes! I just saw this recently but for the life of me cannot remember the name of the man in the segment.
It was Robert Watson who was a wanted fugitive for rape and assault. He was a truck driver as well.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:21 AM   #51
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
It was Robert Watson who was a wanted fugitive for rape and assault. He was a truck driver as well.
Thanks!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #52
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

It bothered me when one of the investigators said that Anna Marie Patterson was raped after her death and had been kept in refrigeration for a month before her body was dumped alongside the highway. Gives me the willies.

I recently watched a 48 Hours documentary about the "Highway of Tears" murders that started in 1969 and involved young girls, most of them hitchhikers. Would have been interesting to see those cases on Unsolved Mysteries. Would've fit in with the Ohio, New Orleans and New Hampshire murder cases.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #53
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 UM fan
It bothered me when one of the investigators said that Anna Marie Patterson was raped after her death and had been kept in refrigeration for a month before her body was dumped alongside the highway. Gives me the willies.

I recently watched a 48 Hours documentary about the "Highway of Tears" murders that started in 1969 and involved young girls, most of them hitchhikers. Would have been interesting to see those cases on Unsolved Mysteries. Would've fit in with the Ohio, New Orleans and New Hampshire murder cases.
Yeah that's what makes the ohio truck segment creepy...the way she was kept after the initial assault.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:28 PM   #54
Francium
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCalibur
I may have something of an update on this case, as I haven't seen this discussed in this thread I am assuming no one on the board knows it. I know it because it happened not far from where I live and it was on the local news here.

There was a man arrested near Bristol, Tennessee in 1995 named Sean Patrick Goble, and it was in connection with several murders which occured in North Carolina and Tennessee of truck stop prostitutes. The MO was very similar to the Ohio slayings, and he did go by the CB handle Stargazer, same as the Ohio killer.

To the best of my knowledge, Goble's trucking routes did take him across Ohio. But the public defender in the area has not allowed him to be interviewed, so there is some doubt about exactly how many truck driving slayings he has been involved in. I have understood that these slaying stopped around the mid 90's, around the time of his arrest. So if thats the case it definitely makes him a person of interest and may well have solved the case at least to some degree.

Unsolved Mysteries mentioned that there were well over 100 unsolved murders similar to this, so I doubt if Goble was responsible for all of them. But I still felt it was well worth mentioning in this thread, as it certainly seems possible he was involved in at least some of the Ohio slayings, though nothing is certain. And its noteworthy that the man responsible for at least some of these slayings could already be in jail.

If anyone has followed this case it would be interesting to compare notes. Goble was 29 years old when he was arrested in 1995, but I'm not sure when the murders started. If anyone who lives in Ohio is on the board and can elaborate on some details feel free to post and tell me what you think about the possibility of this guy being involved in some of the Ohio slayings.

This is the best article I could find on Goble:
http://everything2.com/title/The+Stargazer+killer

Enjoy!
And that would make sense. Unless a serial killer is going to use a firearm (which still doesn't address the means of escape), people who get close to 40 start to have serious mobility issues, as well as a confidence crisis, on average. There's a reason why "psychopaths" (with the Columbine post above) mellow out around that time; it's because they can't do it anymore. Serial killing is a young man's game.

I think back to the East Area Rapist where people ask why he stopped. He was probably around 35, and his means of escape (by foot) were such that he lost a bit of an edge and sharpness in pulling strategically-demanding moves. Further, it can't be easy to kill someone, especially by hand. By hand, it must be physically exhausting. With firearms, far less exhausting but you can still get trauma for doing it. (A number of SS soldiers who shot thousands of Jews were known to vomit despite the severe brainwashing they underwent in training, which is no different but possibly more severe than the brainwashing that the USMC goes through.)
Francium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:07 PM   #55
88keys
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by conservativejoe

a trucker serial killer gets caught
http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=6787407
That guy is from my hometown. I sometimes wonder how many of those unsolved murders he is responsible for. He was a driver for many years; I think there has to be more victims than the ones he was charged with.
88keys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 06:22 PM   #56
DALLASTEXAN!!

Bumping this one. I like xcaliburs post that got a reply above. I lived in Ohio and drove down the same freeways so this one stayed with me. I think it is very possible that someone arrested for murders in Tennessee could have been killing people in Ohio. Perhaps the murders in Ohio would not have been noteworthy if not for the investigative reporting by the Columbus dispatch. Interestingly I just watched American justice Keith jesperson episode. He confessed to killing 8 women and was only caught because he killed a fellow truck driver. That has to be the fourth or fifth documentary on truck driver serial killers that I've seen.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:11 AM   #57
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

This article was written earlier this year. It says that Anne Marie Patterson was dropped off at the truck stop by her husband on the night she disappeared. The prostitutes dubbed him "Dr. No" because they did not want anything to do with him. Her husband claims she turned down "Dr. No" that night. The most interesting part was that a detective claimed that "Dr. No" was not considered a suspect in Anne Marie's murder, or the other possibly linked murders. Of course, this could've been a ruse to get him to come forward. But it makes it less likely that if the women knew "Dr. No" and recognized his voice, that they would willingly enter the truck with him. Not to mention that it would also mean that they had interacted with him in the past, possibly several times, and that they were left unharmed.
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:51 PM   #58
Love A Good Mystery
Frequent Poster

[/QUOTE]
I remember what Robert Stack said in the UM segment about the so-called Valley Killer (the serial killer who struck in New Hampshire during the 1980s). He noted that the best hope is that the killer is incarcerated for another crime; the worst nightmare is that he's still on the loose.[/QUOTE]

I remember him saying that too. Totally creepy but also got the point across.
Love A Good Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:18 AM   #59
Corkys-Place
Unsolved Mysteries Fan
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
This article was written earlier this year. It says that Anne Marie Patterson was dropped off at the truck stop by her husband on the night she disappeared. The prostitutes dubbed him "Dr. No" because they did not want anything to do with him. Her husband claims she turned down "Dr. No" that night. The most interesting part was that a detective claimed that "Dr. No" was not considered a suspect in Anne Marie's murder, or the other possibly linked murders. Of course, this could've been a ruse to get him to come forward. But it makes it less likely that if the women knew "Dr. No" and recognized his voice, that they would willingly enter the truck with him. Not to mention that it would also mean that they had interacted with him in the past, possibly several times, and that they were left unharmed.
So who was Stargazer? Was that Dr No's CB Radio nickname? I haven't seen the UM segment for years. Thanks
Corkys-Place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:37 AM   #60
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkys-Place
So who was Stargazer? Was that Dr No's CB Radio nickname? I haven't seen the UM segment for years. Thanks
Stargazer was brought up and explained by XCalibur here.
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote