Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-12-2006, 02:21 AM   #16
Awsi Dooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovinggambler
Hi. Lorance Lumpkin was the Pearl River County sherriff back during the time of Norman's death. I was only 15 at the time but my buddy who was at the UM filming with me told me that he felt Lorance was hiding something. I don't remember ever discussing what his reasons for saying that was but I wish now we had talked about it. Our paths don't cross much anymore...it's been 2 years since I've seen him. I need to get back in touch with him and hopefully we can discuss Norman. He and Norman was very good friends as well. We would walk to the little store very often and hang out with Norman back behind the store on the property his family owned and where he was killed. We could walk from our houses to the store in about 10 minutes. Norman would take us to an area where he had a target set up and we would shoot Norman's bow and arrow back there. He was alot of fun to hang around with...always a joker too. He would come to school with fake vomit and gross the girls out with it. Up until his death, we never saw any reason for him to be depressed about anything. Norman's father was right...he loved life and would never have had a reason to commit suicide. As far as the radio device goes...I never saw it but we heard the family talking about it at the store. I did see the bullet that came back (the one that was switched). His dad had it at the store and let me see it. Something that I forgot to mention in my last post was that his mom and dad divorced sometime in the mid-90's. It's a shame that I never really kept in touch with any of them after his death and only learned about the divorce years after they signed the papers. They were a really great family and I was shocked to hear about it. I can only assume that Norman's death contributed to the split. It has become a cold case and frankly, I've heard no talk about it in a very long time. One thing I do remember my friend saying to me was that he had seen a low flying plane...a small, crop dusting type plane...flying in the area of their land around the time of Norman's death. My personal feelings are basically what was laid out in the UM episode. Norman walked upon a drug deal and was taken out. I guess my friend felt that sherriff Lorance Lumpkin knew of the drug deal and did what he could to make it look like a suicide. I wish I knew more and maybe I will if I could make contact with an old buddy of mine. Later.
Another informative post, rovinggambler. Especially confirming the possibility of the small plane. It's always difficult to know how much basis UM has for aspects like that. Please post further info if you contact your friend.
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:37 AM   #17
Dislimb
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Just watched this one for the first time in a long time.

Really tragic case right here and very sad. This whole thing smells of small town police corruption at it's worst.
Dislimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:03 AM   #18
Awsi Dooger

Damn, no longer any excuse to misspell Megadeth
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:11 AM   #19
scm80
Scott UM
Frequent Poster

To put it mildly...it IS a very sad case.

I just watched it myself. That scene, where Norman is against the tree...and that guy comes from behind...scary!

What is really sad is...everthing pretty much. The music that opens the case. And then there is his mother...real soft spoken, really sad.

Something has got to be done here...I mean, there's NO WAY he died by suicide, and NO WAY he died by accident!

How does his gun break in half?
How does he have a bruise in the top of his head?
What happend to his wallet? Last I checked, wallets don't just get up and walk away.
What was that device they found nearby?

The ARROGANT displayed in this case by the investigators...That just ticks me off. As far as I am concerned...that radio device IS relevant to Norman's death.

This case really bothers me...I'm starting to believe it IS related to Ives/Henry deaths about two years earlier.
scm80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:01 AM   #20
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm80
What happend to his wallet? Last I checked, wallets don't just get up and walk away.
I don't know. Wallets COULD go to the place in the dryer that manages to steal all my socks... but maybe that's just me.

Seriously, though. I admired your line of questioning. You sounded just like Robert Stack for a moment. I also tend to agree with you. Norman Ladner's death is fishy on so many levels, and you are not the first to have suggested a tie to the "Boys on the Tracks." The cases have a lot of similarities and are equally spooky. There has GOT to be some police corruption brewing behind this one. It reeks of a cover-up.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:34 AM   #21
Dislimb
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
Wallets COULD go to the place in the dryer that manages to steal all my socks... but maybe that's just me.
Sounds like you've been doing laundry at my place. Did you happen to find my old Megadeth shirt?
Old 01-30-2007, 11:33 AM   #22
SP4CE INV4DERZ
40-0 0WN3D
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
Sounds like you've been doing laundry at my place. Did you happen to find my old Megadeth shirt?
That one there (the one you are wearing in your avatar) looks like the cheapest Megadeth shirt I've ever seen! Did you get a gold pen and do it yourself??
SP4CE INV4DERZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:12 PM   #23
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Invaderz
That one there (the one you are wearing in your avatar) looks like the cheapest Megadeth shirt I've ever seen! Did you get a gold pen and do it yourself??
You know I actually wondered that when I watched the segment. Definitely looks a homemade shirt. Maybe the UM staffers couldn't locate one on short notice and decided to make one for themselves.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:20 PM   #24
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
You know I actually wondered that when I watched the segment. Definitely looks a homemade shirt. Maybe the UM staffers couldn't locate one on short notice and decided to make one for themselves.

It would definitely be cheaper than buying a Megadeth t-shirt, that's for sure....
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:02 PM   #25
AVERMAN
Frequent Poster

Ahh, you gotta love the Megadeth guy, he's becoming pretty popular on here. Good on him! Do they sell those T-Shirts anywhere? Anyways, back to the case....

I believe Norman was murdered. It also looks like the police don't want anything to do with this case and they just want it over with. They seem to be ignoring key evidence such as the bullet and the missing wallet. I think Norman may have stumbled onto a police drug syndicate a la Super Troopers, i love that movie.
AVERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:42 PM   #26
Dislimb
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
http://www.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebOb....9.7.9.0.1.1.1

That's what the internet is for! Too bad they didn't have access to this site back then, eh?
Old 01-30-2007, 07:03 PM   #27
peachysquirt21
Forum Regular

The train deaths occured on 8/23/87
Norman Ladner's death occured on 8/21/89

The distance from where Norman lived to the 2 boys in the train deaths is around 422 miles.

Seeing some here who think there might be a connection with these 2 cases, I got to thinking more about the 2 cases & was curious the distance between where the 2 cases took place.

Sorry for rambling, I spend way too much time on the internet. LOL
peachysquirt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:01 AM   #28
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Yes, I have often wondered about this case. It is very obvious to me that this case stinks of backwoods police corruption that is often seen in these smaller population counties and towns. The good ole boy system as I like to call it. The sheriff on there treated the Ladners like they were total morons. The sheriff just seemed so arrogant like he thought he was so smart that no one could figure him out and in fact he stuck out like a sore thumb in terms of his BS. I think Norman was in the wrong place at the wrong time and stumbled across a drug or illegal transaction of some kind in progress and was killed to shut him up.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:52 AM   #29
wiseguy182

I strongly believe now Norman was murdered. He just doesn't seem like somebody who would committ suicide, there was nothing to suggest that he would. The Ladners appeared to be a close family, so I don't think there was any family issues at the time. Yeah I agree, that Lumpkin guy or whoever was an arrogant one, telling the Ladners not to blame themselves for their son's "suicide" when there was strong evidence to suggest he was murdered. Tragic that Norman went into the woods to perhaps get away from some of the hassel the real world brings and just admire nature, but unforunately he likely ran into murder.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:09 PM   #30
peachysquirt21
Forum Regular

I believe he was murdered too. I think it is a very good possibility that he came upon something dealing with drugs. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. What I also found interesting was in the re-inactment when the mother got approached & was told not to further investigate the case.
peachysquirt21 is offline   Reply With Quote