Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season


New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2017, 04:40 PM   #61
asmitty
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 01, 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 522
Default

I think that thing that bothers me most about Tracy's death is that there seems to be no rhyme or reason for it. It wasn't a robbery and she wasn't sexually assaulted. Someone came to the store, stabbed her, and left. Why? There's no evidence that has been put forward that anyone harbored any ill will toward her. I can't find any motive for this crime other than to kill a random person. It's just so senseless.
asmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:58 PM   #62
JustVisiting
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 05, 2017
Posts: 39
Default

"It wasn't a robbery and she wasn't sexually assaulted. Someone came to the store, stabbed her, and left. Why?"

Read more: Tracy Kirkpatrick - Page 5 - Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...#ixzz4bSChcptw

Everything about the lack of motivators makes me think it was personal and emotional. There's no other reasonable answer for it and while a crazy person killing for fun is possible; I don't think it's very likely.
JustVisiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:52 AM   #63
mikewho
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 24, 2009
Posts: 201
Default

Seems like it was someone that knew her but this case is baffling with quite a few unanswered questions

I didn't realize they had some DNA samples they tested. Wonder what became of that
mikewho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:08 AM   #64
asmitty
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 01, 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustVisiting
Everything about the lack of motivators makes me think it was personal and emotional. There's no other reasonable answer for it and while a crazy person killing for fun is possible; I don't think it's very likely.
I feel the same way. If it was a random attacker, there would be some reason that they did it other than to watch a young girl die. And there should be evidence of that reason at the scene.

But, I also feel like a personal, emotional killings very rarely sit so long without some sort of viable suspect. If it was someone she knew, police should be able to trace back to a suspect even if they don't have enough evidence to prosecute. The Sean/Don guy who called the confession hotline and communicated with the psychic told a plausible story about knowing her, coming by to talk, arguing, and finally stabbing her. But, he's been cleared as a suspect. I'm just at a loss on this one.
asmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:32 AM   #65
mikewho
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 24, 2009
Posts: 201
Default

I'm a little surprised it hasn't been solved with all the publicity it got over the years.
mikewho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 03:40 PM   #66
JustVisiting
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 05, 2017
Posts: 39
Default

This is one of the segments that has always just stuck with me. It feels like it should have been solved. I would assume (but perhaps shouldn't) that most of the stores in that shopping center would have closed around the same time and someone really out of the ordinary would have been noticed.
JustVisiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:37 PM   #67
JannTosh
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 28, 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 529
Default

I am pretty sure this is a case of a her turning down the advances of a guy that was attracted to her and he gets mad and stabs her to death. The question is who it is
JannTosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:40 AM   #68
dynoguy88
Member
Senior Member
 
dynoguy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 01, 2000
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 2,884
Default

Apologies in advance if this has already been posted in another Tracey Kirkpatrick thread.

There's a video on YouTube that was posted last year titled, 'Who Killed Tracey Kirkpatrick.' It's badly edited but kind of interesting, nonetheless. There are interviews with Tracey's father and one of her sisters. They go through plenty of old family photos.

They bring up the massive elephant in the room; Don Barnes Jr., the security guard who found Tracey's body, but they don't specifically say if they believe he in the killer or not. A different family member talks to a family friend of Barnes Jr. on his cell phone and he makes some not so great arguments to justify why he doesn't think Don is the killer.

-He was young.
-He doesn't see how Barnes could continue being a cop for years and years like he did if he knew he had stabbed a girl to death.
-Everyone who knows him doesn't believe it's in his character.

Being 25 years old is not too young to kill someone. We could find countless examples of killers who were that age or younger. We've also heard plenty of stories of people who have killed, gotten away with it and gone on with their lives without that whole guilty conscience thing getting in the way. He was the son of the sheriff, who was pretty corrupt himself according to locals who have posted online.

Check out the vid.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:50 AM   #69
freakbook
Member
Senior Member
 
freakbook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2017
Posts: 1,498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
Apologies in advance if this has already been posted in another Tracey Kirkpatrick thread.

There's a video on YouTube that was posted last year titled, 'Who Killed Tracey Kirkpatrick.' It's badly edited but kind of interesting, nonetheless. There are interviews with Tracey's father and one of her sisters. They go through plenty of old family photos.

They bring up the massive elephant in the room; Don Barnes Jr., the security guard who found Tracey's body, but they don't specifically say if they believe he in the killer or not. A different family member talks to a family friend of Barnes Jr. on his cell phone and he makes some not so great arguments to justify why he doesn't think Don is the killer.

-He was young.
-He doesn't see how Barnes could continue being a cop for years and years like he did if he knew he had stabbed a girl to death.
-Everyone who knows him doesn't believe it's in his character.

Being 25 years old is not too young to kill someone. We could find countless examples of killers who were that age or younger. We've also heard plenty of stories of people who have killed, gotten away with it and gone on with their lives without that whole guilty conscience thing getting in the way. He was the son of the sheriff, who was pretty corrupt himself according to locals who have posted online.

Check out the vid.
It definitely had to have been the security guard. There were no signs of anything being disturbed, and nothing was stolen. I feel like he tried to make a move on her but was denied, an argument broke out, and he killed her in a fit of rage. I'm sure he killed her, disposed of the weapon, and called it in.

To me his age makes more sense for the murder. He was closer to her age despite being older, so I buy a younger security guard getting more upset about being turned down than an older one. Unless they had a fight about something different all together.
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:40 PM   #70
macbeth06
Member
Forum Regular
 
macbeth06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 10, 2017
Posts: 307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook
It definitely had to have been the security guard. There were no signs of anything being disturbed, and nothing was stolen. I feel like he tried to make a move on her but was denied, an argument broke out, and he killed her in a fit of rage. I'm sure he killed her, disposed of the weapon, and called it in.

To me his age makes more sense for the murder. He was closer to her age despite being older, so I buy a younger security guard getting more upset about being turned down than an older one. Unless they had a fight about something different all together.
__________________
Join me perhaps you may be able to help solve a mystery???
macbeth06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:39 PM   #71
hostedbyrobertstack
Member
Forum Regular
 
hostedbyrobertstack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 23, 2007
Location: OH
Posts: 394
Default

I'm sure this has already been stated, but the night before she had gotten back together w/ an ex-boyfriend, so it almost seems as though the night of the murder, a "friend" she was talking to at the store, she may have said she was back together w/ so and so (and from what I hear about Tracey being pretty up-front and blunt with people) and he probably was angry that she wasn't available or this was another roadblock in the way and murdered her because he didn't want anyone else to have her.
hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:47 AM   #72
dynoguy88
Member
Senior Member
 
dynoguy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 01, 2000
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 2,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostedbyrobertstack
I'm sure this has already been stated, but the night before she had gotten back together w/ an ex-boyfriend, so it almost seems as though the night of the murder, a "friend" she was talking to at the store, she may have said she was back together w/ so and so (and from what I hear about Tracey being pretty up-front and blunt with people) and he probably was angry that she wasn't available or this was another roadblock in the way and murdered her because he didn't want anyone else to have her.
That could be in reference to the "argument" that was noted in the confession tape. It wouldn't surprise me. I think if a classmate was infatuated with her enough to visit her at her job, he would have been easier to track down.

I still think it was the security guard. According to the daughter, Don was very much into younger women, even at age 25. Tracey was a couple months shy of her 18th birthday AND her high school graduation. So in HIS eyes, a relationship could have been possible. He was the son of the sheriff, had a roommate named Sean, yadda, yadda, yadda. We've been over those details before.

A knife killing is a much more 'intimate' way of killing someone. You really want your victim to suffer a longer more painful death. So he REALLY must not have been able to handle that kind of rejection. Is it even common for a strip mall security guard to carry a knife? Whatever the case, it also bothered me in the confession tape when he said that he didn't start to feel remorse until a few days later when he noticed how much sadness he caused the residents of Frederick. So he needed to see OTHER people's reaction to realize the severity of what he did? This guy has no business being on the streets.

From everything I have read online, it sounds like the residents of Frederick have always believed Barnes Jr. killed Tracey and he was able to get away with it because of the connections through his father. This is one of those tragic cases where corruption wins out and keeps a guilty person free. You can't help but feel completely disgusted by that. It makes me regret watching that YouTube video with Tracey's father and sister. The sister breaks down in tears several times and says that because her parents are starting to get up in years, she desperately wants them to have closure before they die. But they have had no hope to hold on to for 28 years now.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:59 AM   #73
freakbook
Member
Senior Member
 
freakbook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2017
Posts: 1,498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
A knife killing is a much more 'intimate' way of killing someone. You really want your victim to suffer a longer more painful death. So he REALLY must not have been able to handle that kind of rejection. Is it even common for a strip mall security guard to carry a knife? Whatever the case
While I agree with everything you've said, and I agree that a knife is an intimate way of killing someone, I wonder if that's all that was available? If it was a quick rejection, or argument then I don't think he thought too much about the intimacy of killing her with a knife, he probably grabbed what was closest.

I don't think they can carry knives, but he probably took one personally.
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:00 PM   #74
hostedbyrobertstack
Member
Forum Regular
 
hostedbyrobertstack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 23, 2007
Location: OH
Posts: 394
Default

Since he said "a knife that I have with me at all times" he is probably one of those people who carry a knife with them always, and I agree, he got angry and that's all that was available (and, if it were the security guard, he probably couldn't carry a gun..but could always have his personal knife on him.)
hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 01:32 PM   #75
dynoguy88
Member
Senior Member
 
dynoguy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 01, 2000
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 2,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook
While I agree with everything you've said, and I agree that a knife is an intimate way of killing someone, I wonder if that's all that was available? If it was a quick rejection, or argument then I don't think he thought too much about the intimacy of killing her with a knife, he probably grabbed what was closest.

I don't think they can carry knives, but he probably took one personally.
Indeed. It was a killing carried out probably through convenience more than anything else. Even if he had a gun on him and used it, people nearby would have heard the gunshot and it would have been less easy for him to flee the store undetected. Although he would have had to time his exit from the store perfectly if he was covered with blood. I know Tracey's mother mentioned in the segment that she found it hard to believe the killer could leave the store and not be seen by anybody.

You're most likely right. Other than strangling her to death, using his personal knife would have been the easiest go-to device to pull off the whole thing.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:40 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.