Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season
Fox to Air Holiday Comedy Series; CBS and Viacom to Combine
The Flintstones Coming to MeTV in Fall 2019; Lifetime Tackles The College Admissions Scandal
Freeform Celebrates 30 Days of Disney in September; A-List Stars Visit Fox's Animation Domination This Fall
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 12, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-12-2014, 12:25 AM   #136
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebZissel
Before Lou Smit died, he said he knew that after he dies he'll find out that the killer was someone from his case files. Probably one of these men.
One of the most frustrating aspects of this case. Deceased people know, starting with JonBenét herself. Too bad they can't let the living in on it!
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 12:26 AM   #137
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Jonbenet also attended a dancing school in which there was a balcony for adults to sit and watch. She might have attracted her killer there.
Yeah, the Dance West case. Some psycho broke into the home of another little girl in the same class, who could have been seriously injured or killed had her Daddy not come to the rescue. I think it was shown, though, that this had nothing to do with the Ramsey murder.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:39 AM   #138
wiseguy182

Cori: Please familiarize yourself with the facts of this case.

It was determined there was pineapple found in JonBenet.

http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/w/...ple%20Evidence

Since JonBenet's killer has never been found, it cannot be conclusively proven it is unconnected to the other Dance West case.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:55 PM   #139
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

To start, here is the mysterious bear: This thing belongs in a museum of the weird and strange, if the crime is ever solved, if not, I suppose it will remain in some evidence vault...maybe indefinitely.

Since this thread has been going on for over ten friggin' years, (sad) I had to just check everything I had already said to make sure I didn't repeat myself too much regarding other clues all pointing at it being an inside job, besides the overwhelming number in the ransom note alone, which I and others have cited. There have also been the obvious comparisons to the Lindbergh kidnapping and the JFK and O. J. murder cases.

Three pieces of physical evidence I haven't seen mentioned here yet: the blanket in which JonBenét was found wrapped, the housekeeper said was in the dryer, which was in an out-of-the-way place not readily found by someone unfamiliar with the house. What the...? Who but a family member would remove the child wrapped in anything other than a blanket already on the bed? JonBenét was put to bed in the white shirt she wore under the red sweater she wore to the party, and a pair of long johns, not her favorite Barbie nightgown--yet the nightgown was with her body when it was found! Did "Santa" tell her to bring something for an overnight stay, and not tell anybody Who in the world but a family member who knew that was her favorite, would have placed it with her? There was a heart drawn in ink on JonBenét's hand. JonBenét hated having marks on her body and would never have made such a mark--it was put there by her killer. That, the nightgown, and the wrapping in the blanket, not only indicate her killer loved her, but the nightgown shows her killer knew her intimately--not a stranger!

There is suspicious behavior by family members and friends. Patsy, who never wore the same thing twice in a row, was not only wearing the next morning what she had worn to the party, but her hair and makeup was the same, indicating she had not been to bed that night. Later Patsy wore the same outfit to a press conference that she had previously worn at another public appearance, to put on a show that it was not so abnormal for her to have dressed the same the next day--but that was, in fact, atypical of her.

Patsy's sister came over and they sat reading Bible verses about forgiveness. Is this the sort of thing that a mother and aunt would do when a daughter was missing? That simply reeks of the sister knowing that 1) JonBenét was dead, 2) Patsy killed her and, probably 3) that it was an accident--however it happened, she was sorry and forgiveness was in order. (Unfortunately this makes Patsy's sister, with John, an accessory after the fact even if Burke is exempt.) When John Ramsey's older son, who lived there but was not home that night, was asked what should be done with his sister's killer, he answered, "Forgiveness." Even Burke acted strange. When taken by a friend after JonBenét went missing, but before the body was found, he talked about Nintendo and didn't mention his sister once, possibly indicating he knew what had happened to her and that she was not just missing. Then the Whites dropped Patsy like a hot potato...possibly after having seen and heard just enough to indicate her involvement, but not enough to solidly prove it.

John Ramsey left the home right at the time the kidnapper was supposed to call, indicating he knew there would be no such call. While out, he could have disposed of the only pieces of physical evidence from the crime scene not shown to have come from the house. The duct tape is the only one I can think of...there may have been others. Everything else used in the entire crime was shown to have come from the house, with the possible exception of the teddy bear.

And, oh, about a million other things.

If the crime is really solved, and it really turns out that the criminal (I don't say "kidnapper" or "murderer" as the original intent of whoever did it is unproven) was not someone in the Ramsey family, I will be just as well pleased for the closure, but I will be all .
That being said, it's not too unusual for people to believe someone other than the parents is guilty, since if it was totally open and shut the police should have solved it long since!

Last edited by Cori aka ChrisSCrush; 11-14-2014 at 12:16 AM.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:36 PM   #140
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
So I read through the entire thread. There are several points of confusion:
-The crime was initially a kidnapping, not a murder. Jonbenet fought with her abductor, which is why his DNA was under her fingernails.

-The DNA evidence in no uncertain terms indicates that it was a Caucasian male NOT related to the family.
The DNA evidence under the nails...stranger than that on the clothing which still might somehow be explained by the "Asian sneeze theory." I never heard whether that under the fingernails and that on the clothing MATCHED EACH OTHER or were even from the same racial or ethnic group!

Quote:
-A palm print and hi-tec boot print were completely foreign, which indicates it was an outsider.
These were explained away as the palm print having belonged to a worker who was in the house long before, and the boot print belonging to a police officer who entered the home to investigate on the day after Christmas. The police knew one of their own left the print but were too embarrassed at their many examples of botching the case to admit it.

Quote:
-I vaguely remember that a pool of urine was found in the basement belonging to someone other than Jonbenet.

-The ransom letter in my opinion was the writing of a young man who watched Dirty Harry and Speed.
Now, the urine, I had NEVER heard! Fresh? As for the movies, whichever one had the line, "Don't try to grow a brain," the Ramseys were known to have recently rented.

Quote:
-The FBI completely cleared the Ramseys from writing the ransom letter.
I never heard THAT, either. What I did hear was Patsy, possibly writing with her left hand, was the only one who could not be cleared--including the housekeeper, whose life was ruined by merely having the bad timing to ask the Ramseys for money just before. She was about the first one tested, probably because she was the first one on whom Patsy jumped to cast the blame.

Quote:
Cori, I know we disagree about this, but the only way the Ramseys could have killed their daughter is if they hired a sexual deviant who was a complete stranger to kill their daughter and stage a kidnapping. I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT. It is preposterous and absurd to believe such a thing.
It is to be hoped that no one believes that, but after all there are (a few--hopefully a very few--) people who believe that Jackie hired JFK killed--and then sat right next to him trusting the gunman's marksmanship!

Many seeming clues or coincidences can be explained away, some cannot. That is why the case remains unsolved.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:52 PM   #141
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
The people that believe Burke Ramsey was responsible never bothered to think about how highly implausible it would be for a 9 year old to kill someone like that, not to mention what kind of effect their baseless accusations might have on a little boy and his family on such a highly publicized case.

When these people decide to step into reality, they're going to suffer from culture shock.
They are going down THE WRONG ROAD, MISTER! (Sorry, couldn't resist.) Seriously, the Burke theory is far-fetched, and possible only if the parents covered for him afterwards. One must sympathize with Burke in any case.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:54 PM   #142
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori aka ChrisSCrush
One of the most frustrating aspects of this case. Deceased people know, starting with JonBenét herself. Too bad they can't let the living in on it!
And put Robert Stack and Dennis Farina near the top of the list! How many cases did they have to catch up on? (Rhetorical, not really asking how many remain unsolved or half-solved.)
Old 11-14-2014, 07:18 PM   #143
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
The palm print and hi-tec boot print were explained away by whom?

According to whom did they watch Speed before the murder?

I have not seen or read anything that would refute these points.
I saw the Speed detail on a television program about the case but all I can say is it was not on UM. I watched a number of other programs and whichever one it was showed the exact clip with the line. I'd like to say an evening newsmagazine such as 20/20. The palm and boot prints I saw in magazines, but again I read a number of these. I just assumed if they came up in these sources they would be mentioned elsewhere.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:42 PM   #144
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
(CNN) -- Recently developed "touch DNA" technology has cleared all members of JonBenet Ramsey's family of her slaying, authorities said Wednesday.
You should have given the date of the article, July 10, 2008. There are conspiracy theories regarding this, too--though I don't know how much credence I put into them--basically that John Ramsey decided he wanted to run for political office and so pulled some strings to make it look as if his family were not guilty.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:10 PM   #145
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori aka ChrisSCrush
As for the DNA on the underwear, it's a misleading bunch of nonsense. Supposedly there was fluid DNA on the panties and touch DNA from the same individual on the long johns, which were together only on JonBenét's body and had to have come from a stranger (meaning none of the people tested, which amounted to about half the town of Boulder by the time the Ramseys got done accusing people.) I heard the story (which I've never seen confirmed; anyone care to investigate?) that the fluid DNA on the panties was the same as DNA found in unused panties in a package which was among evidence seized. This is known as the "Asian sneeze theory" and seems to have formed one of a number of incredibly lucky breaks for the guilty party (one of the Ramseys.) If the touch DNA existed at all, well, whoever left the fluid DNA also left skin flakes and a few transferred from the panties to the long johns at some point. Cross contamination happens all the time. So what? It doesn't make a murderer innocent. Supposedly the new DA is having another look at this.
Here's a blog saying somewhat more elaborately the same thing I said above in 2009. http://solvingjonbenet.blogspot.com/...touch-dna.html

Good question regarding the coroner. Didn't even think of him or her. http://trueattrue.blogspot.com/2012/...touch-dna.html I did, however, think of everyone at the Christmas party--did they test everyone who came into contact with her the entire time she wore those underwear (I hate the word "panties") and long johns? Suppose JonBenét sat on someone's lap, then later transferred the DNA when she used the bathroom? Perfectly innocent.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:15 PM   #146
EverythingNthensome
Danascully
Frequent Poster

The parents definetly did it. And everyone should watch this http://youtu.be/Uah0yURYs5w. It's shocking to say the least. Can anyone confirm that John Ramsey had actually dated Natalie halloways mother for some time ? Because I herd that is true and it also ties these cases together in a strange way.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:21 PM   #147
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Linda stated her opinion. That doesn't mean she's correct.
Or that anyone else is. See question and link in edited post above.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:29 PM   #148
EverythingNthensome
Danascully
Frequent Poster

I didn't think much about it, but its weird that some woman came forward saying she knows of sex rings in Colorado and other states. She was adamant that john and patsy were involved.being that there was a long on going investigation that went no where. There's always going to be rumors but the whole entire case and the way the female detective described John and Patsy's behavior bothers me so much. I understand we all deal with pain in different ways, but it doesn't sit with me.
EverythingNthensome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 09:37 PM   #149
EverythingNthensome
Danascully
Frequent Poster

Haha you're right I didn't pay any mind to the illuminati part, but the comment about Natalie halloway and the first part of it was intresting. I can't find the legit interview for the first part of the video. I just can't imagine my child going missing and me waking up the next day, ignoring the fact that the kidnapper never called and then going to check my mail so nonchalant. I would be a basket case.
EverythingNthensome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 10:58 PM   #150
theero
Frequent Poster

Her parents killed her and covered it up.
theero is offline   Reply With Quote