Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

One Day at a Time links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / One Day at a Time Photo Gallery

One Day at a Time - The Complete First Season

Buy One Day a Time - The Complete First Season on DVD
One Day at a Time - The Complete Series

Buy One Day a Time - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > One Day at a Time

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 27, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season in Full Swing; Katey Sagal to Play Role Inspired by Erin Brockovich in ABC Drama Pilot
Fri-Yay: Sitcom Line-Ups - A Thing of the Past?; Adult Swim Comedy Returns Feb. 23
The Conners Celebrate Grand Opening of Lanford Lunch Box with Contest; Lifetime Celebrates 30 Years of Original Movies
HBO Max Gets Animated with Royals Comedy; Netflix Announces Premiere Date for Sophia Lillis Comedy
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Hulu - a Comedy with Steve Martin and Martin Short, the Renewal of Dollface
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: More Cable; 26th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards® Winners

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December/January)

Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One

11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (Blu-ray)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/06 - 9JKL - The Complete Series
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Atlanta - Season 2 - Robbin' Season
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
12/17 - Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Series (2019 Release)
12/17 - The Other Two - Season 1
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-01-2015, 08:31 AM   #31
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Buy it again
Yea, maybe if I buy enough of them the complete series DVD will finally get released. Then I can take the credit for it.
retroTVfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:21 AM   #32
Kasey

Some clown posted on their Facebook page about an upcoming release but Shout responded with this:

Sorry but there was no announcement for that, and we aren't putting it out

Top 10 Shows I Want Completed on DVD: It's a Living, The Donna Reed Show, Phyllis, Petticoat Junction, My Three Sons, Murphy Brown, The Hogan Family, Julia, 227, Delta
Kasey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:28 AM   #33
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey
Some clown posted on their Facebook page about an upcoming release but Shout responded with this:

Sorry but there was no announcement for that, and we aren't putting it out
I think the complete series DVD will eventually get released. It's 1970's/80's Norman Lear. If Shout Factory doesn't want to do it, another studio might pick it up. MPI for example. They always do good work with their DVD's.

A few episodes might have music clearance issues. Like those holiday themed episodes where they put on the shows at the retirement home.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:53 AM   #34
Kasey

Yes the musical episodes are problematic. Shout doesn't think the return on their investment will be worth it because of the music clearances they will have to pay for.

Sadly, MPI has not done business with Sony before so I am not sure it's going to happen through them either. Mary Owen has been trying for a long time to have Sony let MPI have Seasons 6-8 of The Donna Reed Show but stubborn Sony won't budge.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:20 PM   #35
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
I think the complete series DVD will eventually get released. It's 1970's/80's Norman Lear. If Shout Factory doesn't want to do it, another studio might pick it up. MPI for example. They always do good work with their DVD's.

A few episodes might have music clearance issues. Like those holiday themed episodes where they put on the shows at the retirement home.

Any fans of this show better go and buy some blank DVD's and create their own collection from season 1 to 11 while it;s still on Antenna TV because the show will never be complete on DVD
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:36 PM   #36
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Any fans of this show better go and buy some blank DVD's and create their own collection from season 1 to 11 while it;s still on Antenna TV because the show will never be complete on DVD
Good news everyone. This confirms the show will eventually be released.
opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:39 PM   #37
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus
Good news everyone. This confirms the show will eventually be released.

You better record off Antenna
Old 12-02-2015, 08:37 PM   #38
thebigcookie

I won't record anything off Antenna with that awful credit crunch. Luckily there is a bootleg on ioffer recorded off a Canadian station.
thebigcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 08:47 PM   #39
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigcookie
I won't record anything off Antenna with that awful credit crunch. Luckily there is a bootleg on ioffer recorded off a Canadian station.

Well there you go
Old 12-03-2015, 08:04 AM   #40
Kasey

Quote:
I have that set recorded from DejaView and it suffers from an awful audio drone that sounds like someone didn't have their cables connected properly.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:18 AM   #41
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
I won't record anything off Antenna with that awful credit crunch.
And that's exactly why Antenna TV does those credit crunches. To discourage people from recording the shows for a collection.

What I might do, while ODAAT is still being aired, is DVR and save some favorite episodes. I've already DVR'd and saved the final two episodes, Nearness Of You and Off We Go. I might DVR a few more.

For now, I'm glad at least that the 1st season is out on DVD. It's actually my favorite season. Just too bad it's a short season with only 14 episodes. Each of the nine seasons has a share of good episodes, but I didn't like the show as much after Richard Masur left. He and Bonnie Franklin were good together.

Last edited by retroTVfan4ever; 12-03-2015 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:24 PM   #42
MRPITT

Quote:
I have that set recorded from DejaView and it suffers from an awful audio drone that sounds like someone didn't have their cables connected properly.

There must be more than one set because I got one last year and it was great I have watched probably 100 episodes and never heard an audio problem.
MRPITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 07:43 PM   #43
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
And that's exactly why Antenna TV does those credit crunches. To discourage people from recording the shows for a collection.

What I might do, while ODAAT is still being aired, is DVR and save some favorite episodes. I've already DVR'd and saved the final two episodes, Nearness Of You and Off We Go. I might DVR a few more.

For now, I'm glad at least that the 1st season is out on DVD. It's actually my favorite season. Just too bad it's a short season with only 14 episodes. Each of the nine seasons has a share of good episodes, but I didn't like the show as much after Richard Masur left. He and Bonnie Franklin were good together.

That shouldn't matter, if the Jeffersons was not on DVD and was being aired on Antenna, I would be a credit crunch fan and record every episode lol
Old 12-04-2015, 12:40 PM   #44
Kasey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRPITT
There must be more than one set because I got one last year and it was great I have watched probably 100 episodes and never heard an audio problem.
My set was recorded around 2006-07 I believe. There is one that came from Comedy Gold airings that aired around 2012-13. I tried to get that set and sent payment but the seller told me twice it must have gotten lost in the mail.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:32 PM   #45
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
My set was recorded around 2006-07 I believe. There is one that came from Comedy Gold airings that aired around 2012-13. I tried to get that set and sent payment but the seller told me twice it must have gotten lost in the mail.
Always us paypal