Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Here's Lucy links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Here's Lucy Photo Gallery


Here's Lucy - Season One

Buy Here's Lucy - Season One on DVD
Here's Lucy - Season Two

Buy Here's Lucy - Season Two on DVD
Here's Lucy - Season Three

Buy Here's Lucy - Season Three on DVD
Here's Lucy - Season Four

Buy Here's Lucy - Season Four on DVD
Here's Lucy - Season Five

Buy Here's Lucy - Season Five on DVD
Here's Lucy - Season Six

Buy Here's Lucy - Season Six on DVD
Here's Lucy - The Complete Series

Buy Here's Lucy - The Complete Series on DVD

Buy Here's Lucy - Best Loved Episodes from the Hit TV Series / Buy Here's Lucy - Best of Collection

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Here's Lucy

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Hulu - a Comedy with Steve Martin and Martin Short, the Renewal of Dollface
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: More Cable; 26th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards® Winners
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 20, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Punky Brewster Reboot Officially a Go; Freeform Renews Pair of Series
Fri-Yay: Sitcoms in 2020; Peacock Streaming Services Programming Update
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Cable Day 2 - American Dad! 2 Season Renewal, Tacoma FD Season 2 Premiere Date
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Cable Day 1 - Comedy Central, Amazon, Paramount Network and More!


New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December/January)

Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One

11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (Blu-ray)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/06 - 9JKL - The Complete Series
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Atlanta - Season 2 - Robbin' Season
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
12/17 - Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Series (2019 Release)
12/17 - The Other Two - Season 1
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
LittleRickyII
Member
Senior Member
 
LittleRickyII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 22, 2009
Location: California
Posts: 2,228
Default Lucy Is N.G. as an R.N.

Okay, I've been wondering this for about 30 years, and no answer was provided on the S6 DVD set: What does the "N.G." stand for? I've assumed it is for "no good," but I really don't know. Does anyone know the answer?
LittleRickyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #2
Benno123
Jenna Fischer Rocks My World!!
Senior Member
 
Benno123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,027
Send a message via AIM to Benno123 Send a message via Yahoo to Benno123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRickyII
Okay, I've been wondering this for about 30 years, and no answer was provided on the S6 DVD set: What does the "N.G." stand for? I've assumed it is for "no good," but I really don't know. Does anyone know the answer?
I have always taken it as "no good" myself, though I will admit it took awhile for me to figure it out and one day it just came to me as an "Oh, yeah ..." moment!
Benno123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #3
Prince Michael
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 26, 2011
Location: Helena, Montana
Posts: 287
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benno123
I have always taken it as "no good" myself, though I will admit it took awhile for me to figure it out and one day it just came to me as an "Oh, yeah ..." moment!
What else could "N. G." stand for ? You left out an important piece of information . Don't keep it to yourself !
Prince Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
LittleRickyII
Member
Senior Member
 
LittleRickyII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 22, 2009
Location: California
Posts: 2,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Michael
What else could "N. G." stand for ? You left out an important piece of information . Don't keep it to yourself !
Now you've got me intrigued. What important piece of information is Benno leaving out? Is Benno a nurse?
LittleRickyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:14 AM   #5
Prince Michael
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 26, 2011
Location: Helena, Montana
Posts: 287
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRickyII
Now you've got me intrigued. What important piece of information is Benno leaving out ? Is Benno a nurse?

Benno figured out what "N . G ." means and she didn't tell us ! I should have added "If you know what "N . G ." means, how about letting us in on it ?" .
Prince Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #6
Benno123
Jenna Fischer Rocks My World!!
Senior Member
 
Benno123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,027
Send a message via AIM to Benno123 Send a message via Yahoo to Benno123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benno123
I have always taken it as "no good" myself, though I will admit it took awhile for me to figure it out and one day it just came to me as an "Oh, yeah ..." moment!
No, I'm not a nurse. All I meant was that when it occured to me that it was "no good" it was like "Yeah, that has to be what it is" moment. Nothing medical ... the only other thing I could think of would be "not great."

Sorry to burst your bubbles on this one. Other options for NG could include:

"next generation"
"not guilty"
"nasty gas"
"natural gas"
"nice girl"
"naughty gal"
"nerdy guy"
"not going"
"National Guard"

but I think I'll stick with "no good" myself!
Benno123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #7
LittleRickyII
Member
Senior Member
 
LittleRickyII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 22, 2009
Location: California
Posts: 2,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benno123
Other options for NG could include:

"next generation"
"not guilty"
"nasty gas"
"natural gas"
"nice girl"
"naughty gal"
"nerdy guy"
"not going"
"National Guard"

but I think I'll stick with "no good" myself!
How about "needing guidance"? Or "not guaranteed"? Actually, perhaps we're even assuming wrongly that "R.N." stands for registered nurse. In order for her to be "no good" as an R.N., the assumption is that she is an R.N., just not a good one. Of course, that assumption would be wrong because we know she's a secretary, not any kind of nurse -- registered or otherwise, good or bad. The definition of a registered nurse: "A nurse who has graduated from a nursing program at a college or university and has passed a national licensing exam." I don't think that's Lucy Carter! So perhaps we still need to figure out what R.N. means.
LittleRickyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #8
McGillicuddy
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 28, 2002
Posts: 5,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRickyII
How about "needing guidance"? Or "not guaranteed"? Actually, perhaps we're even assuming wrongly that "R.N." stands for registered nurse. In order for her to be "no good" as an R.N., the assumption is that she is an R.N., just not a good one. Of course, that assumption would be wrong because we know she's a secretary, not any kind of nurse -- registered or otherwise, good or bad. The definition of a registered nurse: "A nurse who has graduated from a nursing program at a college or university and has passed a national licensing exam." I don't think that's Lucy Carter! So perhaps we still need to figure out what R.N. means.
R. N. = Running Nurse! She was running up and down, and back and forth, taking care of Harry, Kim and Mary Jane!
McGillicuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #9
LittleRickyII
Member
Senior Member
 
LittleRickyII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 22, 2009
Location: California
Posts: 2,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGillicuddy
R. N. = Running Nurse! She was running up and down, and back and forth, taking care of Harry, Kim and Mary Jane!
Good one! Lucy Is No Good as a Running Nurse. Or Resident Nanny? Regular Nut?
LittleRickyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.