Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

30 Rock links at Sitcoms Online / 30 Rock Photo Gallery

30 Rock - Season 1

Buy 30 Rock - Season 1 on DVD
30 Rock - Season 2

Buy 30 Rock - Season 2 on DVD
30 Rock - Season 3

Buy 30 Rock - Season 3 on DVD
30 Rock - Season 4

Buy 30 Rock - Season 4 on DVD
30 Rock - Season 5

Buy 30 Rock - Season 5 on DVD
30 Rock - Season 6

Buy 30 Rock - Season 6 on DVD
30 Rock - Season 7

Buy 30 Rock - Season 7 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 2000s Sitcoms > 30 Rock

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Sitcoms in 2020; Peacock Streaming Services Programming Update
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Cable Day 2 - American Dad! 2 Season Renewal, Tacoma FD Season 2 Premiere Date
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Cable Day 1 - Comedy Central, Amazon, Paramount Network and More!
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Showtime and Pop; Will Smith & Martin Lawrence Talk Hit Sitcoms
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: NBC and CBS Includes The Rock Comedy at NBC and The Price Is Right at Night on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 13, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Saved by the Bell Reboot Gets More of Original Cast; ABC Expanding Game Show Empire

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December/January)

Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One

11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (Blu-ray)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/06 - 9JKL - The Complete Series
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Atlanta - Season 2 - Robbin' Season
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
12/17 - Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Series (2019 Release)
12/17 - The Other Two - Season 1
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-24-2016, 02:42 PM   #16
king of comedy

The same for Roman Polanski.
king of comedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:46 PM   #17
Babalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Cab
Because despite his many faults and erratic behavior he hasn't quite crossed the line into being unforgivable like Bill Cosby.

Why Woody Allen is still working is still a mystery...

Woody Allen was accused of one act by a scorned woman that turned against him. He's 80 years old and has never been accused of anything similar before or since. He was never charged with a crime and there's real doubt as to whether he did it or not, unlike Bill Cosby who has been accused of similar crimes by 35+ women. There's a huge difference between the two of them.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:52 PM   #18
Sunshine Cab
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu
Woody Allen was accused of one act by a scorned woman that turned against him. He's 80 years old and has never been accused of anything similar before or since. He was never charged with a crime and there's real doubt as to whether he did it or not, unlike Bill Cosby who has been accused of similar crimes by 35+ women. There's a huge difference between the two of them.
Not exactly. His daughter accused him of molesting her when she was 7.

http://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/201...n-farrow/?_r=0
Sunshine Cab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:00 PM   #19
king of comedy

I didn't know that.
king of comedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:33 AM   #20
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Alec Baldwin Admits He's "Bullied Women," Calls for a Change in Hollywood
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 04:43 PM   #21
Babalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Cab
Not exactly. His daughter accused him of molesting her when she was 7.

http://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/201...n-farrow/?_r=0

Yes, exactly. The police investigated Mia Farrow's claims that Woody Allen molested Dylan Farrow when she was a child and did not press charges. That means he was never charged with a crime. Mia Farrow never mentioned anything about this supposed molestation until she found out that Woody was romantically involved with Soon Yi, Mia's adult adopted daughter. Then suddenly Woody molested all the kids in the house. It was a dubious case to begin with and unfortunately Mia Farrow used her children as weapons against Woody, after Woody gave her back her career and $ millions over the years to support all those adopted kids. If they had proof, they'd go to the police. But they don't, so they go to the press.
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:26 PM   #22
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Alec Baldwin is a perfect example of an artist who makes it hard be able separate being able to enjoy somebody's work despite their less than stellar personal life or off-screen reputation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9a7Fv7SaHM

Essentially what she says that like others have said here, it comes down to your own belief system but you also have to remember both sides of the coin with it. On one hand, when you give your money to a product, you're supporting that person who is problematic and that might not be something that makes people comfortable. On the other hand, especially in bigger productions, you're taking money away from production workers, from other actors, from other members of the cast and crew who might not have been aware of these actions before they were revealed.

Last edited by TMC; 11-16-2017 at 12:34 AM.
Old 12-16-2017, 02:10 AM   #23
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Icon15

http://www.agcwebpages.com/BLINDITEMS/2017/DEC.html

167. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 12/15 **#8**
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2017, 12:43 AM   #24
TMC
Forum Celebrity

http://www.agcwebpages.com/BLINDITEMS/2017/DEC.html

214. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 12/20 **#8**

121. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 12/12 **#8**
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2018, 06:46 PM   #25
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Oh No Alec Baldwin defends Woody Allen again

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ir-sad-1075071

Quote:
In a series of tweets posted Tuesday, the actor slammed the re-emergence of sexual-abuse allegations against the director, writing, “accusing people of such crimes should be treated carefully.”

After actors Timothee Chalamet and Rebecca Hall pledged to donate their salaries from their work on Woody Allen films to charity in light of the re-emergence of sexual abuse claims against Allen by adopted daughter Dylan Farrow, Alec Baldwin took to Twitter to say that he finds the public disapproval of Allen “unfair and sad.”

In a series of tweets posted Tuesday, Baldwin praised the director, stating that any charges made against Allen by Farrow were never filed. “Woody Allen was investigated forensically by two states (NY and CT) and no charges were filed. The renunciation of him and his work, no doubt, has some purpose. But it’s unfair and sad to me. I worked with WA 3 times and it was one of the privileges of my career,” Baldwin wrote.

Chalamet and Hall's decisions came after Farrow's accusations resurfaced in wake of the #MeToo movement and Time's Up initiative. In 2014, Farrow penned a letter to The New York Times, detailing her director father’s alleged abuse. Farrow wrote a similar op-ed for the Los Angeles Times last December, linking Allen to the #MeToo movement. Allen has repeatedly denied Farrow's claim that he sexually assaulted her.

Baldwin argues that sexual abuse complaints should never be dismissed, but he says accusations should also be “treated carefully.” “Is it possible to support survivors of pedophilia and sexual assault/abuse and also believe that WA is innocent? I think so,” Baldwin tweeted. “The intention is not to dismiss or ignore such complaints. But accusing ppl of such crimes should be treated carefully. On behalf of the victims, as well.”

Last year, Baldwin quit using his personal Twitter account after receiving criticism for his opinions on the #MeToo movement. The actor expressed his sympathy for victims, admitting that his “goal is to do better in all things related to gender equality.”

Chalamet announced on Instagram Monday night that he will be donating his salary from his work on the upcoming Allen film A Rainy Day in New York to three charities: Time's Up, the LGBT Center in New York and RAINN, an anti-sexual violence organization.

"I have been asked in a few recent interviews about my decision to work on a film with Woody Allen last summer ... What I can say is this: I don't want to profit from my work on the film, and to that end, I am going to donate my entire salary," Chalamet said in his statement.

Chalamet's co-star in Rainy Day, Rebecca Hall, also announced she would donate her salary from the film to Time's Up last week.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:08 AM   #26
TMC
Forum Celebrity

http://www.agcwebpages.com/BLINDITEMS/2018/JAN.html

444. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 01/31 **#1**
This permanent A list mostly television actor who is equal parts a-hole and in love with himself told his wife at dinner the other night to stop eating because he felt she had enough and didn't want her to start getting fat. Alec and Hilaria Baldwin
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2018, 03:01 AM   #27
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Ironically, Alec Baldwin's terrible reputation more than likely saved him many times over (like when he lost his MSNBC job for making homophobic remarks). There's already mountains of evidence that proves he's a difficult jerk, so a lot of people will attributed his remarks to that instead of just plain bigotry. Tom Hanks for example, would suffer far more if he did the same thing.

But using the "well, he's already a jerk" defense can only get you so far. It usually stops when the nasty behavior either turns to violence or, even worse, costs a studio money. He also has friends willing to speak on his behalf. If he were a has-been (especially if he didn't have 30 Rock to provide a career resurgence) or already losing his looks and/or box office appeal, he'd be toast (just like Mel Gibson). I mean the voice-mail incident against his then 11 year old daughter, should've killed Baldwin's career right then and there.

Last edited by TMC; 10-11-2018 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:36 AM   #28
JSP

I’m still ticked they ruined Match Game by getting him to host it.
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:14 PM   #29
TMC
Forum Celebrity

It's my opinion that Alec's anger during that phone call stemmed more from his general lack of control over his daughter's and ex-wife's lives than from his frustration at being an 'alienated father'. From what he said in his voicemail message, it seemed he wasn't even clear about the age of his own daughter nor did he appear to have any compunction about letting loose with his tirade of spectacularly belittling, insulting language, which leads me to think his behavior towards Ireland is not a new, nor one-time, occurrence.

Alec's temper tantrums and propensity towards inappropriate screaming and being verbally abusive - i.e. belittling, berating and insulting - and even breaking or punching inanimate objects, is nothing new. He has a well documented history of not being in control of his temper, with a just as well documented history of not accepting responsibility for his actions and instead placing blame on others for "causing" him to behave or react the way he does.