Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

All Other TV Shows Photo Gallery / Sketch Comedy/Variety/Talk Shows/Late Night TV Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > All Other TV Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-10-2019, 08:35 PM   #1
TMC
Forum Junkie

Default Drew Barrymore daytime talk show is a go at CBS

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/dre...bs-1203365927/

As Variety reported in August, Barrymore shot a pilot in August for her own daytime talk show. Barrymore's talk show has now been picked up for a fall 2020 launch. “It is beyond my wildest dreams to have this opportunity for a daily talk show,” Barrymore said. “I’m truly thrilled and honored to be creating this show with CBS.”
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:44 PM   #2
AMackII
Forum Fanatic

If its coming to CBS Daytime next year then it should be taking place of either The Talk(more likely) or The Young & The Restless. otherwise, her upcoming talk show will be syndicated.
AMackII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:31 PM   #3
TMC
Forum Junkie

Drew Barrymore calls her daytime talk show "Optimism TV"

“I’m in the joy business,” she said of The Drew Barrymore Show, launching in syndication on CBS stations this fall. “I don’t carry the umbrella of darkness with me.” Barrymore added that she was doing a talk show because it was easy schedule-wise in terms of raising a family. “I didn’t want to let go of everything I’ve done and who I was,” Barrymore said. “I wanted to make a new application of all that in a way that better served me schedule-wise.”

The Drew Barrymore Show cleared for 85% of the country

Drew Barrymore's talk show is scheduled to premiere this fall, joining fellow new daytime talker Nick Cannon.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:40 AM   #4
Chocolate Moose
Forum 3K Club Member

She has done just about everything! Good for her!!!
Old 01-24-2020, 01:37 AM   #5
siblis
Forum Regular

Do you know when it will premiere?
siblis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 03:56 PM   #6
TMC
Forum Junkie

The Drew Barrymore Show kicking off with Charlie's Angels and 50 First Dates reunions

Drew Barrymore's daytime talk show debuts next Monday with guest appearances by her former co-stars Cameron Diaz, Lucy Liu and Adam Sandler. ALSO: Watch the making of The Drew Barrymore Show.
Old 09-08-2020, 04:12 PM   #7
Babalu
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC View Post
The Drew Barrymore Show kicking off with Charlie's Angels and 50 First Dates reunions
We were just sitting around the campfire last night wondering when someone was going to do a Charlie's Angel movie reunion show. Who would have thunk it?

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 02:38 AM   #8
LaBestia
Jeff Goldblum is my sweetheart
Forum Veteran

I saw part of The Drew Barrymore Show's debut episode this morning and what it seems like Drew is trying to become the next Oprah Winfrey and she hopes that her talk show will be huge like Ellen DeGeneres's show is. So Ellen better watch out because Drew Barrymore may become the next best thing on TV
Bestie
Old 09-15-2020, 06:47 PM   #9
TMC
Forum Junkie

The Drew Barrymore Show's premiere seemed to be going for Oprah but landed somewhere closer to Tyra

Monday's premiere was a real emotional roller coaster, says Rich Juzwiak. "The enthusiasm was massive, the veracity was questionable, the performance was distracting," he says. "She shifted gears in the next paragraph of her monologue to reintroduce herself, remind us that she is exactly who we think she is, and suggest that she’s so much more. With the impassioned face of a celebrity raising funds on a telethon, Barrymore said emphatically that, 'I’m also someone who is learning all the time, and I’m so excited to figure out this thing called life with you!' Wait, that’s what we’re doing here? Then she started shouting that, 'We’re gonna learn! Laugh! Cry! Cook! Heal! ALL OF IT!' Well, paint that on a piece of wood and hang it in your country kitchen. 'And I’m committed to putting all aspects of life into this show every day,' she continued. It’s only an hourlong show?"

Watch The Drew Barrymore Show make it appear that the Charlie's Angels stars are all in one room

Drew Barrymore, Lucy Liu and Cameron Diaz reunited this morning for the first episode of The Drew Barrymore Show. But while it looked like all three were together in Barrymore's New York City studio, the group later revealed that one of them was virtually there. "I'm the one in Los Angeles," Cameron confessed before poking fun at technology. "You've got to try this it's so incredible. The ether, the little particles going out into space and coming back re-massing into this beautiful space. You guys, it's crazy, you should try it, it tingles!"

Drew Barrymore hopes to use the pandemic to her advantage in launching The Drew Barrymore Show

“I think the limitations of the pandemic made us a more modern show,” says Barrymore, whose CBS-distributed syndicated daytime talk show debuts today. “When forced to think differently, we tried to turn every obstacle into an opportunity.” Since Barrymore can't have an in-person audience, she'll be utilizing an Audience From Anywhere service that allows her to assemble customized virtual audiences to adapt to the needs of each day's show, such as a virtual crowd of mothers for a segment about parenthood. As The Washington Post's Emily Yahr reports, The Drew Barrymore Show "will take place with a small crew in a New York studio, with pandemic-related rules and precautions. Instead of an in-person audience, members of a virtual crowd will be beamed in via Zoom and projected on a large display behind Barrymore. Guests who live on the West Coast have the option to appear via green-screen and sit across from the host, hologram-style." CBS Television Distribution's Rich Cervini says Barrymore and his team never seriously considered delaying the show from its fall start due to the pandemic. “We were so determined to do this show and to do it in New York. Drew was the guiding light on that. She was so determined to fulfill this dream of hers. That made us determined to figure out a way to make Plan B better than Plan A.” In an interview with CBS Sunday Morning, Barrymore was reflective of her past. When Barrymore was asked about flashing David Letterman in 1995 when she was 20, she responded: "I think if there's one thing I've learned in a very long life in front of people is there is a line. There is TMI. And I kind of know what that line is, and it's a feeling." Meanwhile, Barrymore tells The New York Post she hopes to inject her well-known brand of humor and positivity into the show. “I love optimism and happiness but I’m really desperate to show that happiness is a choice and the choice isn’t always easy,” she says. “It isn’t always available and it’s not just a silly, blind happiness, it’s the one we work for. You have to fight for it. I can’t think of a better reward.” ALSO: Watch Barrymore and Adam Sandler "reboot" 50 First Dates.

So far, Drew Barrymore seems too famous to succeed as a daytime talk show host

"The best talk show hosts are made into stars by the medium," says Daniel D'Addario. "To wit: Rosie O’Donnell was a well-known comic and actor but hardly the dynamo she eventually became when she began her daily show. She reinvented the medium that had, before her, been dominated by former local news anchor Oprah Winfrey. Both these stars did not bring to bear huge amounts of persona that was already known to the audience, so they had to work to carry across an idea of themself with each episode and segment. At their best, you walked away from their shows knowing O’Donnell and Winfrey in a way you might not otherwise have, before. Drew Barrymore, a newly-minted talk show host with her Drew Barrymore Show carried in daytime by CBS stations, has less of herself to introduce, and, more crucially, less apparent desire to do so." Barrymore, he says, was hampered in her first week by her reliance on celebrity friends. "Barrymore’s show is squarely in her comfort zone, and as such is in the comfort zone of any celebrity; it’s so soft and unthreatening, though, as to often make us feel we know subjects and interviewer both less well when the interview is done," says D'Addario. "We hardly need a Mike Wallace-style expose on the stars Barrymore books; that’d be weird in daytime, and it’s not what viewers look to Barrymore for. But — speaking as a Barrymore fan who was excited to see her in conversation — there is as yet untapped potential for her to dig deeper, to show us more of what she really believes or finds important."

ALSO:
  • Drew Barrymore's show is so weird, it's almost hypnotic: There have been two major takeaways from The Drew Barrymore Show after one week: "Drew Barrymore definitely has a lot of cool, famous friends, and Drew Barrymore sometimes acts in ways that are tremendously weird when asked to talk into a camera by herself," says William Hughes. "The combination has formed some of the most hypnotically, authentically strange TV the internet has had a chance to dine out on in a while, as Barrymore jumps between recreating famous movies she’s made with her buddies, to monologuing, for minutes at a time, about her love of removing stains from T-shirts."
  • Barrymore has been a nonstop ball of energy, which can be exhausting and endearing

The Drew Barrymore Show is a "radically messy, life-affirming trip"

It's remarkable that "something so offbeat is happening on daytime at all," says Tracy Moore of the "low-key insanity" of Drew Barrymore's new daytime talk show. "She cooks; she interior designs; she feels," Moore says of Barrymore. "She talks in hashtags, and casually drops quotes from Gayle King, Patti Smith, and e.e. cummings. She is, it seems, genuinely in awe of everyone and everything, a self-described 'human scrapbook of news,' a 'pop culture junkie,' a lover of people and stain removal. She has 'abused this carcass' to no end, she says at one point, referring to her well-documented addiction problems. Her weight, Barrymore tells us, has always fluctuated within 20 to 30 pounds, and she just wants to find a balance. She is still obsessed with Marie Kondo, and would very much like guidance on how to fold her granny panties. Reviews have called the show everything from absurdist theater to an emotional rollercoaster. They’re not wrong. And though they’re largely in agreement that Barrymore’s concoction is a welcome departure from expectation, some opine that it’s all a bit too much. Viewers have suggested that Barrymore is putting us on, that she can’t really be this frantic, this animated, this over the top. Can she? She can. Idiosyncratic sincerity dialed to 11 has been Barrymore’s personality all along, from television interviews of yore—given alone and with her mother, Jaid Barrymore—to the final scene of the 2004 documentary My Date With Drew, where a goofy semi-stalker tracks Barrymore down. Spoiler: He eventually gets to meet her, and she’s the exact same person you see on this show, mannerisms and all. There’s no getting around the fact that Barrymore’s quirks have their origins in her rough beginnings as a child star, ’90s It Girl, and tragic Hollywood royalty. She may be a relentlessly sunny kook, but she’s one who survived taking her first drink at 9, being addicted to cocaine at 11, and going to rehab at 14. She became emancipated from her parents as a teen; then, when most child stars would have self-destructed, she turned it around. It’s difficult to imagine anyone who’s lived a life like Barrymore’s not sounding like, well, a bit of a lost soul in search of coordinates. So as we say in the South, Barrymore comes by it honestly."

Last edited by TMC; 10-31-2020 at 05:57 AM.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:16 PM   #10
TMC
Forum Junkie

Did The Drew Barrymore Show give a "fairy tale wedding" to a teacher and his former student?

Drew Barrymore's daytime talk show last week teamed with Walmart+ to present a frontline nurse named Selina and a high school teacher with their dream wedding. But the show's videos posted to YouTube were filled with comments allege that the couple met when she was a 17-year-old student in his physics class. Neither the show nor the couple have responded to the allegations.
Old 03-17-2021, 05:56 PM   #11
TMC
Forum Junkie

The Drew Barrymore Show renewed for Season 2

“Launching a daily syndicated show during a pandemic was a challenge no daytime show has ever had to face, but Drew and everyone on this team turned every obstacle into an opportunity and delivered a big, bright, fun hour of much needed optimism to viewers every day,” Steve LoCascio, president of CBS Media Ventures said in a statement. “The show truly embodies Drew’s spirit, and we’re thrilled to be able to continue to provide our stations and viewers with another high-quality season this fall.”